• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 1, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 10:14 PM PST

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Frigid Outskirts.

    Summoned into a gank squad on the Iron Keep Bridge? Died to Fume Knight for the 100th time? Think you're getting boned by SOTFS?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Wear the King's Ring in Drangleic Castle for safe passage

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 01:03 PM PST

    I know you take it off after getting a door open because it doesn't seem to have any perks. It actually provides a trivial bonus to fire damage btw, but the real perk is that the petrified enemies throughout the castle will not come to life unless you attack them while you wear this ring. This makes the Sentinel room a lot easier.

    submitted by /u/homingmissile
    [link] [comments]

    Seed of gaint in the dragon shrine

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 04:49 AM PST

    Using a seed in this area will only make the dragon soldiers attack you the host . As an invader I find it quite hilarious when a host uses one and all the dragon soldiers lock on the host and maul him

    submitted by /u/McSmelt
    [link] [comments]

    You know that room in Brume tower with 5 Ashen Warriors, an Ashen Idol and an Iron Warrior? I found out a way to get past it much easier.

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 04:37 PM PST

    This room is essentially a puzzle room. Now that I figured out the puzzle, I'm blown away by how much easier it is.

    First part of the puzzle: Barrel Carriers. You obviously should scare all of the barrel carriers into the room first. Also, roll in the water vases.

    How to solve the puzzle: Alluring skulls. Barrel carriers AND ashen warriors are both affected by Alluring Skulls. Can you piece together what you're supposed to do? You gotta use alluring skulls to lead barrel carriers (and therefore ashen warriors) into the flames of the Iron Warrior. Not only will alluring skulls make dodging the Iron Warrior much easier, but eventually, it'll cause a massive chain explosion that kills everything around it. So keep your distance.

    After that, it should be smooth sailing. Kill the last/last few Ashen Warriors, aggroing them away from the idol with a bow/throwing knives, and stab nadalia in the fucking chest.

    It really amazes me how genius this is. I originally thought this was terrible level design, but the game designers actually wanted me to use the kit I was given rather than only 20% of it. Man, I can't get enough of this game's DLC.

    submitted by /u/Myoldaccwashacced
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks r/DarkSouls2

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 11:08 AM PST

    I keep coming back to this game, getting to Vendrick, and then kind of losing steam, but I finally beat the main game! I owe it mostly to this community, who were always there for a summon, or to summon me, or to provide me with a dark/rapier/dex build that good players use to cheese the game and unskilled chumps like me use to survive the game. Gonna go give the DLCs a shot now. Thanks again!

    submitted by /u/KidDisappointment
    [link] [comments]

    Can't play coop

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 11:00 AM PST

    I'm trying to summon my friend, but it keeps saying: "Summoning failed. Summon sign disappeared". We are within soul memory range. I don't understand. Please help ;_;

    submitted by /u/Uncle-Jules
    [link] [comments]

    I don't get it.

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 08:20 PM PST

    I've seen the opening cinematic dozens of times, and I still have no idea how it correlates to the actual game or story. Anyone care to explain?

    submitted by /u/0fallen_hunter0
    [link] [comments]

    Petrified hollows (?) In Forest of Fallen Gisnts

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 02:18 PM PST

    You know these statues at the bottom of the ravine near the 2nd bonfire? What are they? What happened to them?

    They look somewhat similar to a hollow, but not quite. Their colouring is different from other petrified characters in the game. No basilisks or petrify inducing traps/enemies around. Spent 3 hours running around the forest looking for something to clue me in.

    Am I looking too much into this? Am I missing something?

    My hypothesis is that they are warriors from the time the war with the giants. I mesn there is nothing else I could find out so its speculation at best... Unless I missed something.

    submitted by /u/NikIcon06
    [link] [comments]

    SOUL MEMORY??

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 02:10 PM PST

    What soul memory are most people?

    submitted by /u/Incursio545
    [link] [comments]

    To the people dueling in Iron Keep

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 01:57 PM PST

    I tend to adhere to a certain code of "honor" while invading or being invaded, but I understand not everybody will do the same. It's an invasion, after all, anything goes. I don't get salty, I understand and adapt, I'm not here complaining about that.

    But when I summon a Red Phantom and tries to stab me when i'm bowing, or when I summon a dragon phantom and HEALS... If it's a duel, someone makes you a favor and summons you so you can fight for a dragon scale, and you run and heal yourself, or someone summons you to fight and you backstab him while saying hello... You're the lowest of the low.

    Sorry, but I expected certain kind of honor in duels. Most of the people is not that scummy, but that happening ten minutes apart kind of ruined my mood. Please, it's a duel, not an invasion, act accordingly.

    submitted by /u/meatieso
    [link] [comments]

    SL1 / Straight broken sword run tips?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 01:51 PM PST

    So I haven't finished the main game yet but I'm doing other character with a broken straight sword at SL1 I'm stuck against Scorpioness Najka. Can someone please give me tips of what to do to improve the damage?

    Im using: ring of blades, second dragon ring, red tearstone ring and the ring of binding (as well as the cloranthy ring but only in journeys)

    Edit: I don't have any of the DLCs I'm using the base xbox 360 version

    submitted by /u/ToiletGaming17
    [link] [comments]

    Red summon sign/ pvp hot spots!!

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 07:34 AM PST

    I'm in the highest tier SM I'm wondering if there's any other hot spots for this game besides the iron keep bridge! I'm playing on PS4 if that helps!

    submitted by /u/jesse724pgh
    [link] [comments]

    Question about orange messages

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 09:17 AM PST

    Hi all, i have 466 hours in this game but never thought about this.

    If i'm doing coop and write a messsage on the ground the other players will be able to read it?

    it's kinda a noob question i know, but i was getting mad pointing at a wall trying to tell a dude that a bonfire was behind that wall lol.

    I writed bonfire in the ground btw.

    Sorry for the potato english (i think)

    submitted by /u/Kry3g_
    [link] [comments]

    Finfal Dex Hex Build PVP

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 04:45 AM PST

    Hello, this is the build which i have finally completed. The purpose is to play PvP only,

    SL 150 Sorcerer Agility: 99

    Vigor: 50

    Endurance: 24

    Vitality: 10

    Attunement: 20

    Strength: 12

    Dexterity: 12

    Adaptability: 19

    Intelligence: 28 +2

    Faith: 28 +2

    LH1: Dark Black Witch's Staff

    RH1: Dark Estoc

    Ring 1: Third Dragon Ring

    Ring 2: Chloranthy Ring+2

    Ring 3: Life Ring+3 (swap for Stone ring if the opponent is heavy armored)

    Ring 4: Flynn's Ring

    Spells: Dark Weapon, Great Magic Barrier, Dark Orb, Great Heal Excerpt.

    Head: Black Hood and the rest of the Chaos Set.

    The purpose is to have a full optimized build for PvP, pls, if the build is sub-optimal in some aspect, don't hesitate to tell me the problem. In short, i want a "perfect" build for pvp.

    Furthermore, if the build dark dex build it cannot be competitively, tell me what i can do (Pyro dex?).

    submitted by /u/SilverOly
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 bosses are lame

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 12:16 PM PST

    I am just now getting into the series. I beat 1 and 3 and they were incredible all the way around. Now I'm playing Scholar of the First Sin and don't get me wrong I love the game but the bosses are just so weak. Every one of them has some sort of gimmick or something to distract you from the actual fight and it's just so lack luster. None of them took me more than twice until I got to DLC (fume Knight can suck my balls from the back). Anyways, anyone else share this opinion or am I just getting lucky? I know I'm not THAT good at this game. Praise the sun

    submitted by /u/brusso4656
    [link] [comments]

    How do you invade people?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 11:25 AM PST

    Im kinda noob here, sl205 and in ng+. I'm in the blue convenant in Majula, and I don't get how to use the cracked orbs, blue or reds. Any help ?

    submitted by /u/FilDM
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Platinum? Hidden weapon left! [ps4]

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 07:21 AM PST

    Hiya, since it's Return to Drangleic, I was wondering if someone could help me obtain this spell so I can get the Sorcery Trophy.

    I would be very grateful!

    submitted by /u/tomatoesonpizza
    [link] [comments]

    Opinion on No Man's Wharf

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 04:21 AM PST

    Hey guys. What's your opinion on this area? Both in vanilla DS2 and sotfs? I never really liked it. It was annoying and looked pretty bad but if you went a certain path you could easily kill enemies 1v1 and skip many enemies you didn't want to fight.

    When I heard it got completely changed I was happy because I thought it would be better and I'd finally like it. You wouldn't change something to worse right? The only good feature that affects the whole area is the darkness. It creates a better atmosphere and having to light those things to see anything was actually fun and interesting.

    They added a ton more dogs. The dogs usually just walk around pointlessly or attack god knows what. But sometimes, they will dodge everything you give them and hit every attack they do. The hanging Viking at the start is also bugged. Sometimes he gets up as you pass him or when you come close to/attack the other viking and sometimes he will not get up at all. You are now forced to fight many enemies at once. The two vikings at the start, two shield hollow duos, multiple dog and viking duos, more viking duos and the middle area where there are 4 archers and 3-4 dogs attacking you at once. You can lure the dogs out if you destroy the annoying respawning carriage and kill then but it's hard and annoying as fuck to make the archer on the ground follow you. The tiny walkways don't make anything easier.

    All enemies have some kind of chasing attack which will catch you if you try to get away from them. The vikings have the most annoying one. They will run after you at ~1.25% of your running speed, leap forward like 3 meters and stunlock a low poise character to death.

    But there are some improvements. A torch wielding hollow that will help you with the creatures on the cliff if he doesn't get stuck on the way and you don't kill him (he loves to stand next to enemies). The best thing is the shortcut, this time being a REAL shortcut. Making the run to the boss 1000% easier.

    The only reason to go there at all is the greatsword and the Havel's ring rip off. The boss is also easy so it's good to summon Lucatiel for her trophy.

    Cons: small walkways, enemies that can cover enormous distances, dogs, you're forced to fight many enemies at once and you can't do shit about it

    Pros: the new shortcut

    submitted by /u/Antekpjk
    [link] [comments]

    Pate and Creighton story

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 10:12 AM PST

    Do I need to summon either of them in order to progress their storyline, or is just talking to them enough.

    submitted by /u/GifanZiWoodElf
    [link] [comments]

    Co op soul memory

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 06:12 AM PST

    Where should I put down my summon sign with souls memory tier 20?

    Aka: Where are people usually with 350k-699k soul memory

    submitted by /u/Antekpjk
    [link] [comments]

    I have a question for a build(pve)

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 09:57 AM PST

    So, I'm planning to create a character that will eventually be an accurate cosplay of Forlorn. I know the parameters to get his set and weapons and I'm aware of the requirements for his weapons. What I want to ask is, which you think is the best starting class for this. Thank you

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    Twinblade w/ Resin Buff vs Dragonrider Twinblade, which is better?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 09:45 AM PST

    I'm gonna use Twinblades this time around for the RTD, i was wondering which weapon i should put more work into? I'm doing a 40/40 quality build, no Sorceries, Miracles, Pyro, or Hex. I just wanted to know which Twinblade is better for me.

    submitted by /u/lord_gs1596
    [link] [comments]

    Platinum trophy

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 09:12 AM PST

    I am trying to get the platinum trophy on PS4 and to do that I need to get 30 sunlight medals and get halfway through new game plus 2. So I was wondering if there was anyone in the soul memory range of 2.25 million to 45 million that would be willing to help.

    submitted by /u/poop_stick_2048
    [link] [comments]

    Return to Drangleic completed - First time finishing the game, All my deaths and some thoughts on the game

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 07:15 PM PST

    I've finished the game, killing almost every boss (more below), and honestly didn't expect to. I had started and dropped it a couple of times years ago, when it was new.

    Even in this third run, I got REALLY close to abandoning it a few times: the iron keep was a chore, and that's where I dropped the game the first time, and shrine of Amana was quite literally hell on earth.

    Still, after those areas, the game improves a lot, especially in the DLCs that improved greatly the level design, by making running past enemies a lot more viable.

    My issues with the game, I think, are the issues everybody has: way, way too many enemies, and the character is just a tad too slow for my taste, compared to more recent fromsoft games. There is a very awkward pause after rolls and attacks that just doesn't feel good and makes everything a bit sluggish.

    I am not joking when I say regular enemies are much harder than 90% of bosses.

    The best item in my build, by far, was the stone ring. Being able to stunlock enemies with a fast weapon was a lifesaver.

    One strangely positive thing: the platforming was surprisingly not as bad as I was expecting. It's still bad, it's a dark souls game, but it was bearable, more or less. Better than ds1 for sure.

    I've used a short sword for most of the game, switching to an uchigatana/manslayer towards the end, just because they had a bit more range. I could have probably done a lot more damage with a better build, but I think it performed fine.


    Best looking area in the game: either Iron Crown DLC or Ivory crown DLC, they are both very nice areas, . They suffer a bit from the game being old, textures and buildings in the distance are still not very good if you pay attention, but while you go through it, it's all very pleasant to see. The game has a lot of very good looking areas, honestly, even in the base game. Amana, dragon aerie, heide, majula, all quite pleasant.

    Best area mechanically: Sunken King DLC. Puzzles, but not frustrating. Platforming, but platforms wide enough that I rarely fell off. Maze-like, but generally fair, and you can ignore most of it if you want. Really well-done area.

    Worst Looking area (not including frigid outskirt): harvest valley. Pure depression.

    Worst area to go through (not including frigid outskirt): Shrine of Amana and dark chasm of old, equally terrible for different reasons.

    Frigid outskirt exists in its own dimension, my thumbs were starting to hurt from having to walk in a straight line that long, and the snow was actually physically hurting my eyes, negative 10 out of 10.


    I've died exactly 421 times I think.

    Top 5 deadliest things

    5 - Ice warriors (Ivory Crown DLC) 14

    4 - Ashen Warrior (Iron Crown DLC) 14

    3 - Fume Knight boss: 17

    2 - Alonne knights: 33 (15 in the iron keep, 18 in the iron crown DLC)

    And the number one, absolute terror of this game, Falling with 58 deaths to slipping, rolling down and attempting platforming.


    Bosses in order of deaths

    Last giant: zero

    Pursuer: zero (but killed me in the first encounter, outside the boss room)

    Flexile Sentry: zero

    Royal rat vanguard: zero

    Skeleton lords: zero

    Mytha the snèk: zero (I knew about burning the windmill)

    Najka the wannabe Quelaag: zero

    Duke's dear Spider freja: zero

    Old iron king: zero

    Executioner chariot: zero

    Demon of song: zero

    Gargolyes gangbang: zero, and I have no idea how, honestly.

    Gank squad "boss" (Sunken DLC): zero but it took 15 minutes of running in circles and all my healing consumables.

    Blue smelter demon (Iron DLC): zero

    Aldia, that should go back to school: zero, wow he was easy.

    Dragonrider: 1

    The rotten: 1

    Looking glass knight: 1

    Guardian dragon: 1

    Giant king: 1, but I summoned benhart of jugo

    Alice Through the Looking Glass Knight: 1

    King vendrick: 1

    Nashandra, allegedly final boss: 1, wow she was easy, is this bozo really the final boss?

    Ruined sentinels: 2

    Prowling magus & congregation:2

    Old dragonslayer: 2

    Previously invisible but now visible kitty (Ivory DLC): 3 (1 while invisible)

    royal rat authority: 4 (1 to the actual boss, 3 to the rats in front of it)

    Velstad, the royal aegis: 4

    Old dragon: 5 (but I looked up how to kill it online because this fight was horrible)

    Sinh, the Sleepy Dragon(Sunken DLC): 7

    Throne Watcher/ Throne Defender wonder duo: 9

    Red smelter demon: 9

    Ivory king(Ivory DLC): 10 (8 of them to the stupid gauntlet before the boss, 2 to the actual boss.)

    Alonne ishin the sword saint(Iron DLC): 11 (second best boss, he loses points because the hitbox on his black sword attack felt a bit janky and the runup to him was horrible)

    Elana, squalid queen (Sunken DLC): 12

    Fume knight(Iron DLC): 17, favourite boss in the game


    Bosses I have not killed

    The two other cats in frigid outskirts because fuck that

    The boss at the end of the Dark Chasm of Old, because I don't think I'm physically able to go through that area, at least not without a full respec and a greastword.

    Final vote: I would play it again if there was a mod that removes all enemies from shrine of amana / 10

    submitted by /u/dIoIIoIb
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment