• Breaking News

    Monday, March 2, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 10:14 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    TIL about the Crestfallen's Retreat Bonfire in FotFG

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 06:18 AM PST

    I have yet to beat the game, but I have played through the first half of this game more than a dozen times... and I only JUST learned about the Crestfallen's Retreat bonfire in FotFG. I feel so dumb to have walked past it so many times without seeing it.

    I was cooping with a friend and he said he was at that bonfire, I was like "wtf?" He told me where it was and i saw it as soon as I entered the area. I feel so dumb.

    Happy R2D everyone :)

    submitted by /u/UrgotMilk
    [link] [comments]

    This happened in my first SotFS playthru

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 10:08 AM PST

    Dark souls 2 bosses one shots

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 07:07 AM PST

    Hello everybody, i did not finish yet the videos some bosses taking time, specially the critical hit of the engraved gauntlets not coming every attempt so i`m sharing with you my actual one shots videos i hope you will enjoy it and you will like it!! Here is the playlist of the bosses that i have succeed to one shot and i will update the others soon !!

    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6cVznt0EEraJ5YEDKBmNEIcfq6L4TiOS

    submitted by /u/GeekNo01
    [link] [comments]

    I LOVE DS2 but...

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 08:59 AM PST

    Frigid f*cking Outskirts. I'm at the very end of my first full play through and my only task left is to beat the Burnt Ivory King. I was having so much fun going through the DLC's and Frozen Eleum Loyce was beeaauuutiful and so fun to explore after Alsanna stopped the winds... but then I discovered the Frigid Outskirts. Anger. Frustration. RUNNING. I like the idea of being stuck in a blizzard but these pikachu reindeer fuckers have some of the stupidest hitboxes I've come across. With 105 agility I have solid iframes but man those charges seemed to hit me 8 times out of 10. And if two happen to spawn on you???? GAME OVER. Guess I'm just venting here but please leave your fuming hatred below so we can sympathize with each other 😂

    Oh yeah and I usually try and give benefit of the doubt when it comes to reusing or reskinning bosses because sometimes it fits the story (ie. Stray Demon DS3) but Lud and Zallen... no excuse. Total trash boss encounter. You trek all the way across this frozen hellscape only to see Aava x2 waiting for you. Unrewarding, discouraging, frustrating. UGH

    EDIT: Shoutout to u/TheHittite for making me realize that these optional areas from each of the 3 DLC's are built to be co-op focused in, their words, "raid dungeons" and that perspective has totally changed how I viewed them having done all 3 by my lonesome. I am now actually stoked to revisit them with some jolly cooperation in NG+! This time I will be on the GIVING end of the ganging and banging muahaha

    submitted by /u/mrchooch2u
    [link] [comments]

    Hello! I've beaten DS2 twice, years ago, and I just started a new playthrough once I heard the game was active again. I'm looking for someone to casually run through with!

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 10:52 AM PST

    I just finished up Forest of the Fallen Giants (except for the basement) and am farming at Heide's Tower. I'm on Xbox One.

    submitted by /u/DolceAndHavana
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got Alonne to commit Seppuku (Video)

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 10:35 PM PST

    The only thing in DS2 I hadn't managed to do until today. It took me many attempts but I finally perfected him and I feel like I just beat the game for the first time again.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prtl0xmE9d8

    submitted by /u/Irvin87
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you friendly invader!

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 03:37 AM PST

    You were killing me this morning with your repeat invasions, but you left me a TON of upgraded weapons, rings, and armor plus extra goodies. I was almost crying with happiness. All my love, Mirdirdir.

    submitted by /u/mirrthom
    [link] [comments]

    At last, Revenge.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 02:03 PM PST

    Almost 2 years ago i started playing Dark Souls II and the first boss (excluding Ruin Sentinels but fuck those guys) that made hit a wall was the Lost Sinner no matter what i tried I couldn't beat her (excluding using a shield because outside of knight builds in DS3 I am not a casul) I ended up having to summon all of the phantoms and attempting multiple times to beat her.

    Now I have returned to Drangleic and I seek seek revenge. I fought my way to the Lost Sinner and was one dumb greedy swing away from a No-Hit victory. She went down easily.

    Revenge ahead, try gesture

    submitted by /u/ValVoss
    [link] [comments]

    Heading into NG+7 as sorcerer / hex / pyro / miracle hybrid build

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 01:52 PM PST

    So I'm about to do a full run including DLCs and every optional boss. Up until now I've run a pure sorcery build with MLGS and staff of wisdom.

    Since I'm now SL300 and have virtually every available spell and weapon with a shit ton of attunement slots, I thought it'd be fun to switch it up to a hybrid caster build. Up until now I've just been blasting everything down with crystal / soul spear and MLGS.

    Can anyone recommend some of the best hexes, miracles and pyromancies that would be useful for this type of hybrid build

    Also looking for loads of good weapons to fire, magic, enchant, lightning and dark infuse. I have loads and loads of every upgrade material so looking to build up a nice variety of weapons to be used in different situations. I'm mostly doing PVE (rarely get invaded at such high soul memory) but some stuff for PVP would be nice too

    submitted by /u/Thrilllhousee
    [link] [comments]

    My Preferred Order for Fighting Bosses

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 11:03 AM PST

    Just finished playing through ds2 for the second time and wrote down the order in which I fought each boss as I played. I feel like this is a solid boss progression.

    1. The Last Giant
    2. Pursuer
    3. Dragonrider
    4. Dragonslayer
    5. Flexile Sentry
    6. Ruin Sentinels
    7. The Lost Sinner
    8. Belfry Gargoyles
    9. Royal Rat Vanguard
    10. Scorpioness Najka
    11. Executioner's Chariot
    12. Skeleton Lords
    13. Covetus Demon
    14. Mytha, the Baneful Queen
    15. Smelter Demon
    16. Old Iron King
    17. Royal Rat Authority
    18. Mavus & Congregation
    19. The Duke's Dark Freja
    20. The Rotten
    21. Twin Dragonriders
    22. Looking Glass Knight
    23. Demon of Song
    24. Velstadt
    25. Guardian Dragon
    26. Giant Lord
    27. Ancient Dragon
    28. Vendrick
    29. DLC Bosses
    30. Throne Watcher / Defender
    31. Nashandra

    Let me know what you think.

    submitted by /u/jagzoid
    [link] [comments]

    That damn red phantom before the 3rd iron keep bonfire (NG+)

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 08:51 AM PST

    That bastard is causing me a world of frustration. Moves way too damn fast and way too aggressive for such a small and trapped area

    My mace doesn't stunlock him, and my dragon tooth is apparently too slow and leaves me open

    facedesk

    submitted by /u/jasonryu
    [link] [comments]

    Jolly co-operation!

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 12:28 PM PST

    (PC) Im in need of sunlight medals! Will slay bosses for summons! Atm infront of smelter demon! Ingame name: Siitossika Sl108

    submitted by /u/gyx4r1
    [link] [comments]

    Still happening after 4 years

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 08:26 AM PST

    Anyone remember that calibration acquisition is presently restricted yeah I started playing a few days ago and it popped up even on Xbox 1 :s

    submitted by /u/PrestigeMaster04
    [link] [comments]

    I got stuck inside Drangleic castle...

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 02:11 PM PST

    I'm in the room next to the King's Gate bonfire, some of the doors won't open and some of the enemies won't animate. I heard that there's a glitch of some sort but I don't want to restart the game. Is anyone able to help me???

    I'm playing the SotFS version.

    Edit: figured it out, I'm dumb......

    submitted by /u/youphilme__
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else actually like the 4 way movement in 2?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 02:05 PM PST

    Going back to 1 felt really weird after putting a couple hundred more hours into 2. I don't prefer the grid movement at all, the other titles feel way better after adjusting, but it doesn't bother me in 2. I think it might be because of how floaty the game is in general. Like if the other games had this movement it'd be horrible but in this one it doesn't feel that awful. I've used the mod which removes the deadzones on and off but I always end up going back to default for some reason. Anyone feel the same way or am I insane?

    submitted by /u/d6l66
    [link] [comments]

    Is the community still active on PS4?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 01:58 PM PST

    I'm not sure if I should buy this or Sekiro first, so I want to know if there's still an active community on ps4

    submitted by /u/xXCunt_DestroyerXx
    [link] [comments]

    I have 100% Completed Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin!

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 06:52 PM PST

    ONWARDS TO 100%ing DS3!

    submitted by /u/reconstructedstarman
    [link] [comments]

    I messed up, can someone drop one armour set for me?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 12:32 PM PST

    Trying to do a Velstadt cosplay build, mostly str dark caster. Killed armour guy at the beginning as usual, thinking I'd respawn him with an ascetic. That doesn't work, and in ghost form he doesn't upgrade his armour shop. Could anybody drop me the Velstadt set? I'm at SM 1.4m. With the ring, I can go up to under 2.5m SM I think. Lemme know anything you'd want for compensation. Thanks fellow skeletons

    submitted by /u/zarosian_lyfe
    [link] [comments]

    Started My First Playthrough Sunday!

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 08:28 AM PST

    Played Bloodborne in January

    Dark Souls Remastered in February

    and Sunday, I started Dark Souls 2.

    I'm having some issues with the user interface but I mostly enjoying the base game and its quality of life changes. I've been disappointed in the bosses but I really like the regular enemies. I didn't think I was having fun until I realized I had been playing for hours and I was still telling myself, "Oh, let's just get to the next bonfire"

    Lost Giant is gone

    Some other dude in armor that flies around is gone

    I took his bird to a new place and met a new friend or two

    Dragon Rider is gone

    The Two men combined on a pirate ship are gone

    I have one question. Do areas eventually stop populating some enemy types? Like, if I've been through an area a few times it seems that the enemies stop spawning back in. Is that normal?

    Having fun, Maybe I'll invade later I don't know.

    submitted by /u/themedicine
    [link] [comments]

    10,000,000 soul memory co-op?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 05:55 AM PST

    What are the hotspots for this sm, as I have reached probably the peak of my build and I want to co-op a lot, so I don't want to get too over-powered.

    submitted by /u/Gnomologist
    [link] [comments]

    Need Hidden weapon for 100%

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 11:26 AM PST

    I'm grinding the hell out of bell keepers but hate PvP so i'm just respawning the mad berserker. If anyone has the spell and would drop me it so i can get the trophy, i would be forever grateful.

    Ps4 SM: tier 38 Psn: BigNateMan

    submitted by /u/BigNateMan
    [link] [comments]

    Spider logic

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 01:39 AM PST

    Does the Eye of the Priestess affect the ghosts in the Shaded Woods?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 07:40 PM PST

    After playing the Old Iron King DLC, I've noticed they've become visible and I can lock into them, is it due to the eye allowing me to see the "unseen"?

    submitted by /u/flipdippydip
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment