• Breaking News

    Friday, March 13, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I Finally Got Every Achievement in Sekiro, DS3, DS2, and DSR!

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 03:30 PM PDT

    Too bad I can't post a pic :(

    submitted by /u/RadawayAddict
    [link] [comments]

    I Actually Did It!

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    I completed Dark Souls! I've just beaten Gwyn and linked the fire. It's such an amazing feeling. This game is incredible. What a master piece. I never expected to finish it, but I am so glad I did. An experience like no other.

    Just wanted to share with a bunch of people I'm sure can understand how it feels to complete it for the first time!

    submitted by /u/SuperDeathLemon
    [link] [comments]

    Crossbreed

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 02:09 AM PDT

    Today i parried Gwyn to death with a bandits knife and it was not exactly devastating to my ego

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 10:11 PM PDT

    I was hitting 1000+'s on him lolol I was so happy...it was so easy! I used to get sodomized by this boss, revenge is sweet

    Also the hornet ring is dope

    submitted by /u/GlorygoleGargoyle
    [link] [comments]

    HELP

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 03:33 AM PDT

    I need to collaborate with someone to kill a boss, to enter into the pact of solaire, but nobody evokes me. I've already finished the game once and now I'm in NG +

    submitted by /u/JackDani3ls02
    [link] [comments]

    Beat O & S and the Four Kings first time, am I overpowered or did I get good?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 01:27 AM PDT

    Playing DS1 for the first time (Remastered on Switch), what a game!! I'm loving it.

    Died plenty in Blightown and had a hard time with the traps in Sens Fortress. I found a couple of the bosses tricky, Carpa Demon and Bell Gargoyles especially, but I can kill most of them first go.

    I was surprised I beat Ornstein and Smough first time after reading of their notorious difficulty (But I never read any tactics before attempting a boss fight a few times though), then I managed to beat Four Kings first try too!

    Only other DS game I've played is DS2 so I kind of know the mechanics.

    I beat these bosses with a summoned phantom each time and I have a dexterity build with an Uchigatana +14. I have the elite knight set at around +7 and high enough endurance with the help of rings for fast rolling in it.

    Do you think I'm overpowered for this stage of NG? I did a bit of soul farming but not that much...

    submitted by /u/lang0n
    [link] [comments]

    about dark souls classes and weapons

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 02:47 AM PDT

    I was thinking of playing most classes/weapons in dark souls remastered before moving onto dark souls 2 and then dark souls 3, I just questioned myself on this if it'd be a bad idea or not, any comment?

    I've never played dark souls (any of them) before but I plan on soon, been reading recommended classes to start playing as and builds but they're so conflicting , some guides say stack vitality and endurance while others say you should never stack those (I plan on not pvping at all btw), if you have any comment on this too please let me know c:

    I was thinking of going cleric first since people say it's a safe class with all the heals and you'd build either dex or str and stack faith?

    I'd have a few classes I have in mind to play:

    one that would be a sorcerer

    a pyromancer

    a handful of ones that would use the various different weapon categories (so many listed on wiki, like 8 or so sword categories,axes, hammers, fists, spears, etc etc so many)

    I am pretty overwhelmed by how many weapons there are available

    also I wanted to confirm, I can use different classes in newgame+ ? if not then I'm a little screwed, huh? :c

    submitted by /u/Axelluu
    [link] [comments]

    I can't take this...

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 09:46 AM PDT

    This is my first playthrough of Dark Souls and I finally made my way to Nito. Ye gods, how did y'all even complete this game?! I barely managed to fight and scrap my way to him, just to get ganked by his skellies upon passing the fog wall. I just feel so defeated, I don't know if I can complete my journey. With every death I feel my sanity slip away as the undead curse ravages my hollowed body! Let fire fade for all I care!

    submitted by /u/the_rogue_spectre
    [link] [comments]

    Souls game design question: should bosses be theoretically beatable on the first try by a cautious/observant player?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 10:26 AM PDT

    I'm interested to see what y'all think about this, design-wise.

    Obviously, "beatable on the first try" is a bit vague, and everyone's mileage will differ, particularly depending on playstyle.

    But generally speaking, do you think a well-designed boss should be free of attacks that can't possibly be avoided/blocked/dealt with without dying at least once? Or is this fine as long as it can eventually be handled reliably? What are some examples of bosses on either side of the argument that you think are fair or unfair?

    submitted by /u/Grimrukh
    [link] [comments]

    Finally beat Manus!!!!!

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 12:00 PM PDT

    Absolutely ecstatic right now, heart's going faster than sanic

    Was playing new game + on a different playthrough and got stuck on artorias so decided to switch back to my vanilla playthrough and try manus, so I think the difficulty difference may have helped me out a little but jesus christ, I never thought I'd do this

    You don't understand how much trouble manus had given me in the past I was just getting arseblasted every time, but the victory feels are just incredible, it's shit like this that makes me think dark souls is the greatest video game of all time, 100% my personal favourite

    probably not that interesting to many of you but I had to share

    praise the sun \m/

    submitted by /u/BeerBaron95
    [link] [comments]

    Why is the Broken pendant found in the Duke's Archives?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 02:35 PM PDT

    Something that's been bothering me in a recent playthrough is how Seath is connected to the Artorias of the Abyss DLC and Oolacile.

    I don't really see much in game about Seath and AotA, and in online discussion about the DLC Seath doesn't come up much, but it seems odd to me that you just sort of randomly find the main key item to get into the place, the same item that has major personal significance to Manus, on the person of some crystal golem lounging around in the archive entrance.

    Then there's the way that Dusk is trapped in the Golden Golem, I previously thought that that was just an unfortunate outcome of Seath kidnapping maidens and not much else, Dusk was in the wrong place in the wrong time (the latter literally!). But now I'm wondering if there's more to this than happenstance, maybe Seath was curious about the (to him) unusual sorceries of Oolacile, sorcery that Dusk is very knowledgeable of, and was deliberately trying to amass anything that would let him learn more about such things. Dusk is deliberately kidnapped on his orders, as opposed to autonomous golems just grabbing random girls, with the intent to extract the knowledge of Oolacile's sorcery from her, and the possession of the pendant was a way in which Seath was hoping to directly send his agents straight to Oolacile itself? I dunno, I might have this a bit backwards, he could have used the pendant to establish a time rift to nab Dusk in the first place, I have never really heard any explanation for why Dusk has traveled forward in time, but then that begs the question how he was even aware of the history of Oolacile and its sorcery previously, how he got the pendant and how he knew that it could be used to beckon Manus to tear through space and time.

    Am I reading too much into this or is there really something here?

    submitted by /u/Khwarezm
    [link] [comments]

    Beat the first game(long& excessively pretentious)

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 11:36 PM PDT

    All right. I remember how I did when I first saw first demon in the undead asylum. I felt so afraid. So weak. So I went to the ledge and dropped attacked that sucker. Even then I barely managed to win. Every step of this game has been an uphill battle. Everything is always stacked against you. It sets you up to lose. And then you win. By sheer persistance you prevail. Those silver archers in anor londo, terrifying at first,now barely worth a glance. How could they be,when you've fought artorias and o&s. You've seen what they can do and found it wanting. Finally the kiln of the first flame opens and you face Gywn. This is it. This is all it comes down to. You level up the bonfire to 20. And then you go. And fucking kill gywn on th first try because you're not a complete moron and after 50 hrs you know how to parry.Did the dark lord ending btw.

    submitted by /u/mvp317
    [link] [comments]

    JAILERS ARE FUCKING BULLSHIT

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 03:01 AM PDT

    This is my first playthrough of ds3 and im in the dungeon, and suddenly these dickheads come out and stunlock me with the fastest windup ever while draining my health, what is a good strategy for the worst enemies in a souls game ever

    submitted by /u/TheMemeConosour
    [link] [comments]

    Which platform has the most summons

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 02:28 AM PDT

    Thinking about getting Remastered on Switch or PS4. My question is, which platform has the most summons around? Or, are there plenty on both consoles?

    It's my first time playing so I think I'd summon a fair bit 🤔

    Thoughts appreciated

    submitted by /u/RossDevsWeb
    [link] [comments]

    Early soul farming

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 05:52 PM PDT

    Hey guys just wanted to share a soul farming method I've been using, once you release the ladder and can go up from the bonfire to the bridge with the red dragon, you can go back and forth and collect 555 souls every 30 seconds or so, you just have to step on the bridge for a second and run back down and the dragon will kill every enemy on the bridge. Go back to the bonfire and repeat. It's not the greatest farming method but it's a good way to get overpowered in the beginning of the game. (Also you can't kill the dragon or it ruins the method) Do yo guys have any good farming methods you wanna share? I'm tryna get OP af lol

    submitted by /u/sluttymewtwo
    [link] [comments]

    Switch is fun

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 07:14 PM PDT

    I'm at iron golem and I suck at cheesing the fight so I'm at a rough point in the playthrough. I've killed the giant and just have trouble with the boss. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/At0micBlue
    [link] [comments]

    Help, if you guys can, on a college work about ethics on the universe of dark souls

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    Uhh so, Hello there sun bros from everywhere!I study Psychology and I have a college work to do about ethics, and I choose the world of dark souls to discuss it. I humbly ask for some summon signs,to summon to bring up something ethic related, and this game, some event or even some character that put you to think ( I don't know for you guys, but for me it's almost everything on this game), and, some curiosities about this theme, if you consider ot relevant to both of the themes. I'm already gonna talk about Gwyn's relation to the curse, and what it implies. I'm also gonna talk about both endings of the game, and I think that's it for now... If you guys can help a fellow sun bro in need, I would surely be truly grateful! ( I may also include relevant themes suggested by any of you guys, with a possible quoting, but I probably will ask the permission of the illuminated champion of ash! I'm glad for the attention guys!

    submitted by /u/Caneba_02
    [link] [comments]

    didn’t get lord soul from seath...

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 08:46 PM PDT

    hey, so i just beat seath, lit and sat at the bonfire, then warped to the firelink altar. i'm trying to offer lord souls to the vessel and it says i have none to offer? has this happened to anyone before or is this a bug in the game? i've checked my inventory and i have everything else you get from defeating him, but not his soul...

    submitted by /u/moonbloomin
    [link] [comments]

    was dark souls ever intended to be a trilogy?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 12:29 AM PDT

    i keep hearing from people that dark souls 1 was just supposed to be a standalone game with its own self contained lore and world and that the sequels only happened because the first game was successful. is this true? the ending of dark souls 1 to me kind of always left a possibility for sequels.

    submitted by /u/InterestingDevice2
    [link] [comments]

    Today I almost killed Smough for the first time.. almost

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    I have Zwei +10 and I almost got him. Almost. Look:

    https://www.twitch.tv/eugenikal_games/clip/MoistCrazyUdonThisIsSparta

    submitted by /u/denierCZ
    [link] [comments]

    I cant stop saying "Parry Manilow" after every successful parry

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 06:48 AM PDT

    Maybe I've spent far too much time in the kiln farming these stupid black knights, every 5 runs or so grants me a level and so it gets a little redundant. But I want to finish levelling everything for my build before I kill Gwyn. I'm using the bandits knife and hornet ring and the crits are insane. Really looking forward to parrying the final boss of dark souls to death with a common dagger. That's gonna feel good. Parry Manilow.

    Oh my god that would be the perfect username in this game

    submitted by /u/GlorygoleGargoyle
    [link] [comments]

    Is it normal to die a lot of time on the Taurus Demon?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    Secondary weapon, if even needed.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 06:14 PM PDT

    So I'm new to the dark souls series (this is my first run, and I'm just now noticing I should change one of my weapons.) and I've been running with the Balder Side Sword (amazing and I love everything about this weapon.) which I already maxed out to 15, and the Titanite Catch Pole.

    I'm about 50 hours in, and I'm noticing my catch pole can't even compare damage wise to my Balder SS.. so the question is, do I even need a secondary weapon? I'm using Pyromancy, so it's not like I don't have a few good tricks under my sleeve. But the range really helps. I've been thinking about using a G Sword (bad thing is the slow down) or the G Scythe (which I have at +10 but I just DONT LIKE it's move set) Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/painstation2
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment