• Breaking News

    Friday, March 13, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The greatest moment of my entire life!

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 03:06 AM PDT

    So two months ago I had never played any Dark Souls/ From Software game at all and started playing DS after a friend told me I had to play it.

    Skip forward to this day and I have just completed DSII yesterday (I'm obviously playing from first to last) and today I played the Crown of the Sunken King DLC.

    I just arrived at Sinh the slumbering Dragon and got smashed without getting a hit in like 5 tries. After that I started to figure out his attacks and now, at my 8th try I just beat him and realized I did so without getting any damage. I honestly feel so proud and I'm just in a state of pure happiness right now. I did so with a +5 bone scythe (one of my two main weapons) and it didn't even break, only got the danger warning on my last hit.

    After hating the beginning of DSII I now have to say that I'm in love and the game has some of my favorite bosses of all time so far (Throne Watcher/Defender and now Sinh).

    Just had to tell you guys about it, sorry if nobody cares lol

    submitted by /u/JoKu2311
    [link] [comments]

    Dont think this is right

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    10 tries later, Beat Elana CoC with only V Seal and Caestus

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    IDK if my build sucked or not but I was practically dealing no DPS to her. The fight itself took me seven grueling minutes, and she summoned velstadt when she was at 10% health. I had to use all my final estus and Dodge velstadt, skeleton and Elana attacks like a maniac. Somehow I pulled through and won. That was probably my biggest souls popoff since O&S. To make it all better I'm Back was playing in the background. God I love this game.

    submitted by /u/Myoldaccwashacced
    [link] [comments]

    Sonnet

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 09:36 PM PDT

    I made a Shakespearean sonnet for English class about Fume Knight and my teacher thought it was a great metaphor so I didn't tell her it was from a game...

    A Friend In The Fight

    Seeing the ethereal gate of fog, Running through it elegantly and swift, Far below the iron city of cogs, My friend by my side as a final gift...

    I see a sword stuck deep in the ash flow, A pattern is engraved upon the blade, Calling my name it almost seemed to glow, Going to it before the glow will fade...

    Out of the dark a guardian attacks, A knight in black wielding the engraved sword, I try to counter him but my sword cracks, My friend backs me up not wanting reward...

    A friend is worth every fight you could fight, And to be a friend is to hold all might...

    submitted by /u/The-True-Apex-Gamer
    [link] [comments]

    the run to sir allone has ruined what could have been a fantastic boss for me.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 05:03 AM PDT

    whoever is responsible for enemy placement in this dlc and in the game in general needs to be fired. especially since hes difficult so naturally you are going to need a few attempts to learn his pattern, seriously this game is fucking awful

    the fume knight was perfect, amazing boss with a bonfire right next to it , that should be replicated for a good but hard boss like sir alonne, the run is just hilarious though, 5 million enemies who run like they are on crack to catch up to you and gank you to death while a flame thing machine guns fire balls at you, 10/10.

    submitted by /u/notoriousjew2002
    [link] [comments]

    The (so far) easiest way to break the Saintiers Spear

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 08:38 PM PDT

    The Saintiers spear is a sub-par halibut when you first find it, but when its durability is COMPLETELY broken it turns into a boss and multi-player killing machine!

    At first it seems like a chore to break the thing, but if you go to Dina and Tino (the bird nest in the tutorial area) and spam R2 (or RT for xbox) it shatters the weapon durability in under 1 minute!

    submitted by /u/dat_boi-atboi
    [link] [comments]

    Rapier Build

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 07:26 AM PDT

    I want to do the best build for the rapier I have seen a lot of people say that a dex build is better and others say strength build so I made this topic to be sure which is better I want to have the best build for it

    submitted by /u/gaborxx
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anyone willing to help me?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 01:05 PM PDT

    I'm so done with farming sunlight medals. 3 hours and I got NONE.

    If there is anyone willing to give me sunlight medals or even sunlight spear if you have a spare i would be so incredibly thankfull

    submitted by /u/nim_the_meme
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone knows how destroyable structures work?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    I'm wondering if it's known how destroyable structures (like scaffoldings in Bastille) work in terms of their durability. Does damage and upgrades of the weapon matter? Maybe it's just the weapon's type? Or certain moves do more damage to them and can destroy them in fewer hits? I was going to test it but I figured it might be already known and there's no reason to check again.

    submitted by /u/Asdowa
    [link] [comments]

    favorite area?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 11:17 AM PDT

    just curious as to what your favorite area is and why?

    with this whole return to drangleic, i seem to have forgotten how much i love certain places.

    iron keep is one of my favorites. not that i (nor my eyes) enjoy the extremely saturated lava but it's a nice place to farm souls and do co-op!

    as far as visuals go, i loooove frozen eleum loyce. it's such a pretty place!

    submitted by /u/gazellr
    [link] [comments]

    About to start NG+. Never tried hexes. Going to do a hex/dex build. When I respect, how high should I go on int and or faith?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 08:35 AM PDT

    Also any tips for a new Hexer are appreciated.

    submitted by /u/ksnizzo
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for a returning player?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 10:20 AM PDT

    I've beaten DS1 and DS3, both 100%.

    Played DS2 a while ago and go to fume knight and died like over 100 times. I don't remember a single thing. Any tips on where to go, what build and weapons to use and such?

    submitted by /u/CaptainSpranklez
    [link] [comments]

    Which mobs do I have to despawn for Unveil to work (farming the Mad Warrior)?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm farming for my ds2 platinum and I miss the hidden weapon spell. I read that it's faster to farm the npc invader in the Iron keep and read that I'm suplosed to despawn everything on the top floor (where the little purple mobs are) and the bottom floor. But I wonder:

    1. If I have to despawn every mob there including the 2 samurais and the two round tanky mobs (the samurais are after you run past the flame spewing bull heads and you kill the one round tanky mob and go through the foggy gate on your left and the round tanky mobs where the guillotine is)

    2. The three archers at the top of the ladder (the ones guarding a chest and then tou drop down o ledges and the lava is bellow you)

    3. Do I have to despawn a wider area than this?

    4. How can I boost my chances of being invaded by the Mad Warrior beyond equipping the Delicate String?

    If anyone can help me, it would be great!

    submitted by /u/tomatoesonpizza
    [link] [comments]

    Darklurker

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 12:10 PM PDT

    This dude is infuriating. Not only because the fight is difficult for a melee character but also the bullsh*t you have to do just to get back to him.

    submitted by /u/tommytomtoes
    [link] [comments]

    This game is brilliant so far!

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 10:52 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, just something I wanted to share. So I've been into Soulsborne games for about 2 years now, I played and finished Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne and I noticed that Dark Souls 2 was on sale in the PSN Store, so I decided to buy it. Even though I did read that some people had negative perceptions of this game, I ignored it and tried it out and I must say, I am well impressed! Some areas in this game look really nice, i'm on the second area now and I'm enjoying every bit of this playthrough! Definitely a good investment for only £9 / $11.

    submitted by /u/YSFVideos
    [link] [comments]

    High resolution pics

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 04:19 AM PDT

    I've been scouring the internet for the past few hours and I've yet to come across any high res pics of dark souls 2 and I would prefer to see pictures of dark souls 2 and not the other games, I love them and they are are but in my search I've found that whenever I see pics of dark souls 1/3 I get salty.

    submitted by /u/RyanBackus
    [link] [comments]

    DS2 SOTFS

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 08:57 AM PDT

    Does the dlc sorceries count towards the achievements on ps4? I've got all sorceries and no achievement popped. Double and triple checked.

    submitted by /u/tommytomtoes
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best way to farm effigies early game?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 07:02 PM PDT

    I'm doing a co-op play through with friends, and the host is a noob and hasnt gotten to the Chariot boss fight yet, if that gives you an idea of how early game this is. Is there any way I can farm effigies this early in the game?

    submitted by /u/MrStrawHat22
    [link] [comments]

    Why do we have soul items?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    I've never understood the point of items that gives you souls, like the Soul of a Proud Knight, Lost Undead, Great Hero, etc.

    Couldn't enemies just drop more souls instead? Why'd they have an item that gives souls?

    submitted by /u/arthork
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about the DLC ending

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 12:52 AM PDT

    I'm a big fan of this game and game series and their lore. I like to think I have a certain idea about the lore of the series formed through the community; but one thing that never sat with me well was the DLC Ending of DSII.

    So, from what I understand, you overcame the curse after taking on the crowns of the four kings, and then... you leave?

    It feels curiously similar to what Vendrick did. He decided to leave the throne behind. Though in his case, he ended up hiding and hollowed, whereas the Bearer of the Curse kind of did the opposite (I assume): (s)he defeated all their adversaries, leaving them no one to hide from, and the crowns should keep them from hollowing. And Vendrick seems to have left the throne in hopes that someone else would claim it.

    I guess what I really want to ask is: what happened to Drangliec? From Aldiea's dialogue, it seems the player character is going to take a completely different path from both light and dark. But if no one lights the first flame, then wouldn't an age of Dark befall Drangliec anyways?

    submitted by /u/Magnificent-Moe
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 does not seem to be my thing.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 06:35 AM PDT

    I just finished DS remastered and coming to Dark Souls 2 on PC is a different experience and not in a good way. Had to remap a lot of the controls and attacks are delayed and not responsive which is bad when it comes to a game like DS. DS remastered's controls were perfect and felt heavier.

    I have limited time with my semester exams coming up, so is there any way to make the experience better or do I just skip this and go to DS3?

    submitted by /u/Wraith112
    [link] [comments]

    I feel like I get killed by more BS in this game, than I do in any other From game.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    Don't get me wrong. I know most deaths are avoidable, especially if each area is entered with a bit of care. However, it still seems like even when I am being cautious, I still end up getting killed by things like random effing exploding mummies that drop out of the sky! Or a hallow axe grunt that I did not notice, or something else random and crazy.

    It seems like they made getting through the trash more challenging than any of the actual bosses. I am glad that they ended up going for a more balanced approach in later games. I am still enjoying my D2 playthrough, this was just an observation .

    submitted by /u/Scorpiodisc
    [link] [comments]

    Noob of Souls needing some backup

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 03:10 PM PDT

    Okay, so I'm fairly new to playing DS2 and getting tired of being thrown about by the dragonrider boss and was wondering who on here could help this sad soul knock this boss down a peg or two. Burnt out most of my consumables just trying to beat him, I'm currently on Xbox 360 Version, and due to losing my headset recently, I'd like to be able to chat through discord.

    Anyone who can help me out, thanks for sparing your time for me.
    Message me through Reddit PMs so I can tell you my users.

    submitted by /u/SteamyPencil
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment