• Breaking News

    Friday, March 6, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 10:09 PM PST

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Hitting every wall in Dark Souls looking for echo!

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 10:46 AM PST

    I did it. Few weeks ago u/meluvulongtime3 made this post about echo in the Gaping Dragon's area. It's reasonable to think that's not the only place where you can hear it. Other people made fun how one could make a video about it.

    But I have a terrible sense of humor. It took (too) many hours, but here are my greatest creations - Video showcasing all the places and the map of Dark Souls 1 with all echo locations I found on my journey. Hope you enjoy them!

    Special thanks to u/biggyvo for thumbnail idea - I'm waiting for my "easy million views".

    submitted by /u/Asdowa
    [link] [comments]

    I recently started Dark Souls 2. For some reason the atmosphere feels completely different.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 04:28 AM PST

    You all already know DS2 is a completely different game. Gameplay differences aside, the most shocking difference is the atmosphere and general aesthetic. It's similar yet different.

    For example, both Firelink Shrine and Majula are very peaceful and safe places that work as your hub, but for some reason the feeling I get in them is completely different.

    I'm not very far at all in the game (just met and got killed by the floating dude in armor in that flat place filled with corpses at the top of the wall) but the aesthetic also feels different. Lordran felt like the apocalypse was happening right there, whereas Drangelic just feels like a ruined kingdom.

    Anybody else feels like this?

    submitted by /u/Williermus
    [link] [comments]

    Decided to customise my own hoodie!

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 05:17 AM PST

    I got this made a while ago as I needed a new one, I thought you guys would like this one!

    Magen Tannin Hoodie

    submitted by /u/redchomp
    [link] [comments]

    What is the most fun gimmick or niche build?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 05:12 AM PST

    My last full playthrough was a Naked Ultra greatsword run; only ultra greatswords, never allowed to wear any clothing. It was a lot of fun flipping around and pancaking everyone. Next I tried a bow-only run but I just did not enjoy it at all, even after becoming decently powered. I want to play-through the entire trilogy with gimmick builds, since a lot of them seem like fun -like Flynn's Ring Boulder Heave in Dark Souls 3- but I don't know which game is best for each kind of build, and I don't really want to any of them to fully overlap.

    For Dark Souls 1 - Remastered, are there any especially fun gimmick, niche, or only builds that aren't as enjoyable in the other games. e.g. sorceries only, miracles only, etc.

    submitted by /u/pokemonram95
    [link] [comments]

    I don't think I can ever find a game as good as Dark Souls

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 08:45 PM PST

    I have been playing a lot of games recently namely the elder scrolls series, the last of us, horizon zero dawn and doom. All of those games are absolutely amazing but dark souls 1 is the best game of all time for me, even after nearly a decade since it came out. The lore, world building, atmosphere, its themes that it explores and that feeling of going an adventure is unrivalled in any other game imo. Of course everything I have said also applies to all the other soulsborne games too as they are masterpieces but dark souls is the game that has a special place in my heart as it was the game that not only got me into my favourite genre fantasy, it also changed the way I view games and video game storytelling forever.

    submitted by /u/Et5rggy
    [link] [comments]

    We all know the pain

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 11:49 AM PST

    Centipede Demon glitch

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 06:19 AM PST

    Just had the glitch where it clips above the ceiling and doesn't come back down. Thought I might have to restart but I waited a bit and it did eventually die.

    I then looked it up and realised this glitch is over 6 years old and makes me wonder if they even fixed any glitches from the original lol (playing the remaster on xbone)

    submitted by /u/sonictheposthog
    [link] [comments]

    What would your Dark Souls NPC name be?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 11:56 PM PST

    Something I frequently think about;

    Where would you be found in the world and how / why did you get there?

    What equipment would you be using?

    What would you choose to say to the Chosen Undead / Bearer of the Curse / Ashen One when they inevitably turn up?

    submitted by /u/Disembowell
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the Best Infusion for the Black Knight Halberd?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 04:52 AM PST

    I'm currently doing my own version of the black Knight Halberd and black bead ABK% speed run build. ( Not being a twink) However, take out the whole concept of going fast and instead just try to become as OP as possible through the first play through and all levels of NG+. I currently have a +5 BKH and I've only killed the gargoyles and the tarous demon. What pathway of ember infusion, if any at all, would be best for the BKH?

    submitted by /u/tlamodnar
    [link] [comments]

    Funny DSR glitch

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 02:29 AM PST

    I was joking around with a GiantDad character and it occured to me some stamina regeneration flashbacks from Casul War II so I did started mashing some buttons and found that you can make your character do baby steps and T-pose: Start running and hold block (dunno if it has to be while 1handing I did with Zwei) then hold forward continnuosly with block and mash left and right. If done correctly your character will start doing tiny steps to the side you are running to. Also to T-pose just do that and leave the block and the run key, after 2 or 3 seconds you will T-pose for some secs! Have fun lol!

    submitted by /u/hellxapo
    [link] [comments]

    Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the fact that From modeled quite a few of the NPC faces?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 08:20 PM PST

    Like seriously, they modeled the faces for quite a few (as far as "modeling" goes when using the character creator). These are things that we would never see (normally), and yet, they did it!

    submitted by /u/Moonborne_Ash
    [link] [comments]

    TIL you can be killed by the red dragon first landing in Undead Burg.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 07:00 PM PST

    When it first lands on the small bridge as you're coming into Undead Burg.

    I must have like 3000 hours in this game, I've gone through Undead Burg countless times. Never seen it happen, it crushed me with it's feet and killed me. My mind is blown. I thought it is scripted to just stagger you every single time.

    submitted by /u/taconpaco
    [link] [comments]

    White Soapstone not working?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 08:45 PM PST

    Anyone know how to fix this?

    I am trying to get summoned in DS: Remaster on PS4, but when I use the white soapstone, my sign is not on the ground. My character does this animation, but there's no sign. I've closed the app and restarted my PS4. Nothing seems to be working. I'm just tryna grind.

    submitted by /u/thebeanpowder
    [link] [comments]

    I wanted to get dsr because ive had so much fun with ds3 but i wanted to know which community was more active xbox or ps4?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 07:59 PM PST

    Smough eats his victims?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 03:37 AM PST

    I've seen it at some posts that Smough eats his victims, but is it really true? The game only says that he grinds his victims's bones.

    submitted by /u/JapanTraveller44
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else having summoning issues right now on Dark Souls Remastered?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 08:51 PM PST

    https://m.imgur.com/a/zpJL6Ik

    This is what's happening to me everywhere in the game.

    submitted by /u/KhamaniG
    [link] [comments]

    I recently made a blog post that is an affectionate letter to Dark Souls - thought I would share it here

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 05:58 PM PST

    Servers Down?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 10:52 PM PST

    Both me and my friend have been logged out of the DSR game server, and cannot reconnect. Anyone else got the same issue?

    submitted by /u/Mentle_
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot use White soapstone

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 10:38 PM PST

    Got home awhile ago and tried using my soapstone to play with a friend ( we had just played this morning ) Tried putting it down, did the animation but didnt actually get put down. My friend tried it, same thing happened to her, my OTHER friend tried it, still isnt working. Cant find anything about this problem and im dying to play tonight. Are the servers down? Help?

    submitted by /u/monaghay
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for defeat Seth as a thief

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 02:16 AM PST

    I'm using a ninja build

    submitted by /u/Coso004Ornitorinco
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot put down summon sign (DS REMASTERED)

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 05:29 PM PST

    I have been getting summoned all day in the Painted World of Ariamis but now suddenly my white soapstone will not appear. It plays the animation of putting down the sign but won't actually be placed. I've restarted the game, Playstation, even tried putting it down in Anor Londo and no luck :(

    submitted by /u/captainDdavis
    [link] [comments]

    Can't see my own summon sign

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 06:35 PM PST

    I can't see my summon sign when I place it and there's no prompt to check it. I am trying to help someone out and we both are using the same password but neither of us can see MY summon sign. Any suggestions? My NAT type is type 2 and I can see bloodstains and messages.

    submitted by /u/shadowsamur
    [link] [comments]

    White soapstone does animation but sign doesn't show up

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 07:31 PM PST

    pretty much as the title says, when i got on today and tried to pop my soapstone down next to O&S, it did the animation but no sign showed up, this is still happening whenever i try to place a sign (playing remastered on PS4)

    submitted by /u/JuggaloOfficial
    [link] [comments]

    My 1st night as an Invader/Summon

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 01:51 PM PST

    Pretty much, just my thoughts on my experience. Apologies for my weird english, not my native language.

    I have a character that I turned into a Darkwraith, reason being the Platinum on Xbox. But last night while loggin in, I thought that since I WAS a walking lore-based excuse for invading other people's games, I would try being a Darkwraith for real. And so I went online for the first time in a while (had cancelled Xbox live just a couple months ago), determined to have fun and not caring/hoping for wins in PvP fights.

    Honestly, almost all of my first invasions were not that fun, some of them actually "lame".

    I mean, if the invaded player summons his/her buddies and they all jump on me it's my bad for being a d*ckwraith. Pointing down and that machobro-type of gestures when they (group) kicked my butt was annoying but again, its my fault for being a d*ckwraith.

    The few peeps that fought me on their own, bowed and all that- that was fun. But these were very rare.

    One time I felt like a dirtbag after invading one person and he locked himself in the AL bonfire room, probably trying to summon a bud, idk. But I entered the room, saw him/her standing there, not moving... I waved, bowed and went for the kill. The player did not react at all, and that reminded me how i used to handle invasions at one point. That "Just get it over, man, I'm a noob" attitude. What a waste of my and his/her time- I did not feel entertained and im sure as hell the person also did not.

    Now, I try and be as much lore-based as possible (I use Dark Armor bits and no Havel in sight) and I always, ALWAYS bow after a victory- and of course, pre-fight. I thought that if I'm going to be a Darkwraith, let it be a fun experience for the other person. Being a Dark spirit dressed as the part and NOT looking like yet another OP build while being "polite and respectful", that was my goal. I remember my first time in AL when one BigDaddy-type invaded me 4 or 5 times in a row and that experience really stained my enjoyment of the online part of the game, in a way.

    For my Invadin' I just wanted to "scare" new players with my looks (I use the Darkwraith Mask + Black Knight Chest + Dark Gauntlets + Channeler's Waistcloth; Black Knight Halberd and Artorias/Grass shields) and hopefuly, if they win- which is easy cuz I suck- make them have that feeling of beating another person. I don't care for winning that much, tbh, I am not a great player and its more about roleplaying the Darkwraith than anything.

    Eventually, I decided it was time to compensate for my Evil ways. :D

    I left my sign at AL, and after a long wait, I was helping some other player for the very first time. I was so nervous, and ended up dying before the end, but this was EPIC in lack of a better word. My fellow skeleton summoned me and another PC. The 3 of us made good work of the Sentinels, and I could not help to laugh with pure joy when we were rolling stupidly toward the fog gate. I think I will never forget this silly moment. In the fight, I got the assigned-on-the-spot role of distracting Ornstein so they could wreck Smough. I do think that was the intention, I assumed that my summoner wanted O's soul. I did good in the 1st part, and was sure that we would get this.

    One giant spear-piercing and a butt-slam later i'm dying and saying goodbye to my brothers-in-arms, I guess I was so eager to be useful and helpful that I did not care at all for my character, just wanted to kill Super Ornstein as fast as possible. When we had him at around 10% of his health i was gone, but I am almost 100% sure my sacrifice was not in vain, and the summoner got what he wanted.

    It was one of the best things I EVER experienced in this game. Going to make a new Sunbro build and all that, because helping others is where the online experience is really fun to me.

    Tl;DR: I can see why invading is fun, but felt sh*tty at one point, on the other hand, I just LOVED the experience of helping another player with O+S. So, hurrah for jolly co-op.

    EDIT: Just to say that I had my first successful co-op tonight, even had the pleasure of striking the final blow :D!!!

    What an awesome feeling. :)

    submitted by /u/GeraltofGotham
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment