• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 5, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 We all know the pain

    Dark Souls 2 We all know the pain


    We all know the pain

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 11:50 AM PST

    Favourite heavy weapons to use in pvp.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 07:21 AM PST

    As the title suggests, I'm curious about people's tastes in heavy weaponry in a pvp environment and the specifics on why they like these weapons.

    Whether it be for damage, moveset, or general badassery, all opinions are welcome!

    If you use uniquely dex/light weapons then you're also welcome to post your faves too!

    submitted by /u/alxxai
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else wishes that DS3 had the slower/tactical combat from DS and DS2?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 09:26 PM PST

    A few months ago I completed DS, DS2, DS3, and I'm currently on my Bloodborne run (spent around 2 weeks with DS, 3 weeks with the second one, and about 5-6 days with DS3).

    I enjoyed most of my time with each and every entry of the series but I never fully enjoyed the combat change that DS3 brought to the table. 

    In Bloodborne it made complete sense since the game was build around having a more agressive playstyle/combat (dashes instead of rolls, no shields except for a wooden one, none of the weapons in the game made you slower, could regain health if you played more agressive and returned a few hits back to your attacker, etc...) but DS3 contradicts itself so many times, from the fact that bosses and normal enemies run like Sonic to the point that most of your spells/arrows miss about 3/5 due to the slow animations plus them being able to just walk and avoid them in an instant, to rolls being used more frequently and being more effective than just using a simple shield.

    There's also the fact that most bosses seem to be able to run 130km per minute no matter if it makes sense or not (boss appearing to wear heavy armor or just look big and heavy in general yet it can run as fast as "The Flash" with none of the training nor at least some thought behind it). Personally, it just felt as if FromSoft got lazy and Copy & Pasted BB's combat into Dark Souls with no major tweaks whatsoever.

    Most of the armor lacked the weight and impact that previous entries got right (almost none of the heavy armor makes noise and if they do it sounds weak compared to how DS and DS2 handled it, your characters seems to forget that he's wearing a full on set and manages to run and even jump as if he was wearing a leather suit). Poise was also affected in a negative way. Sometimes it seems as if any criticism towards DS3 is either filled with replies saying "Get Gud" or "You are just nostalgic" yet, I barely got into the series these past few months by a good friend of mine (played them in order) and none of my deaths were too frequent to one another besides a few boss ones.

    I hope that we can discuss this in a civil manner down in the comments.

    submitted by /u/Roger42668
    [link] [comments]

    ***CALLING ALL DS2 VETERANS***

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 02:33 PM PST

    It's happening ladies and gents. I have 100% completed my first NG cycle of DS2 including all optional areas and DLC's. I have bought everything from all vendors and killed the respective NPC's for unique items they drop on death.

    I'm using a dex/faith 50/40 build with lightning espada ropera, chloranthy +2, Third Dragon, leo ring, and lingering Dragoncrest +2, Engraved Gauntles and have a +10 lightning hunters blackbow for aggro. I use sunlight blade and sacred oath for bosses.

    I have farmed the Rotten 25 times for 25 souls of the rotten and 25 old one souls. And am READY to take on the NG+ no bonfire no death run. Not interested in making it unnecessarily challenging just interested in making it THROUGH and snaggin the illusionary rings

    Now... PLEASE anyone who has tried (or failed) this run please give me any and all advice you have for me. I'm planning on popping the souls in Majula and leveling up and then opening the shrine of winter asap. I know I need a branch from Melentia and the key from Last Giant. But aside from that, not sure what to look for. I haven't played a NG+ cycle yet. Please and THANK YOU in advance! Do your thing Reddit!

    submitted by /u/mrchooch2u
    [link] [comments]

    A tip for the double pursuers in the throne room in SotFS

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 06:29 AM PST

    You can distract one if you summon a small white soapstone shade just before the double dragonrider boss fog wall.

    submitted by /u/phirdeline
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get ds2

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 07:45 AM PST

    I'm a big fan of DS3 and rn ds2 is on sale and I'm wondering if I should get it?

    submitted by /u/honorablepikeman559
    [link] [comments]

    Tips on crushing Sir Alonne?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 06:48 AM PST

    I've tried the guide approaches but he just keeps killing me over and over. Any tips on taking him out?

    submitted by /u/alwaysZenryoku
    [link] [comments]

    Golden Dragon Warrior is owning my sorry butt!!!

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 02:14 PM PST

    I have been on the Dragon Shrine for at least a couple of hours and feel like I am banging my head on a wall. I figured out that most dragon knights just bow as long as you defeat the giant MFrs but the Golden Dragon Knight keeps just wiping me in a few hits I'm fairly high level and have pretty good gear but it's not the highest because I want to be able to move. Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Manbearted
    [link] [comments]

    Minotaur helm for smelter hammer if anyone ones got that big ol chicken leg ;) [ps4]

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 02:10 PM PST

    If this isnt a fair trade please downvote :)

    submitted by /u/poke_account
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to reduce stamina consumption when rolling?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 01:24 PM PST

    I have to know

    submitted by /u/Giubby
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Fume first try and am a bit...disappointed.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 09:06 AM PST

    Maybe I am over-leveled. Lvl 166. And I did use both summons as I had always heard he was so hard. He did kill both summons, but only had two hits left. The last hit when it was one v one was a little tough. I might use an ascetic and try him again. I was using a fully upgraded Dragon's Tooth. It was hitting for about 300 a pop I think.

    submitted by /u/ksnizzo
    [link] [comments]

    Which boss souls to keep for cleric?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 04:53 AM PST

    I need to feed, but am loathe to waste spells and weapons that are must have for clerics. I looked at a list but the names of the items don't tell me much (even after 500+ hrs). Don't mind spoilers, all advice welcome.

    submitted by /u/throndse
    [link] [comments]

    Bridge PvP

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 11:05 AM PST

    It's my first time doing a online active playthrough and I want to do some PvP bcs it seems very fun. The only time I did was in belfry luna and in the brotherhood of blood arena where I fought a PvP pro. I know that the bridge in iron keep is a PvP area. How does it work? Do I just put down an invasion sign and summon other invaders via their signs? Are all soul memory tiers PvP-ing there or a certain few?

    submitted by /u/Antekpjk
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone tell me how this guy made this jump in Cardinal Tower?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 05:02 AM PST

    If you skip to the 2:35 mark of this video, the guy makes a jump across the gap near Cardinal Tower, to get the twinkling titanite and branch of yore. Says he was at 12 Vig, and used the Life Ring and Blue Seal for a bump in HP. Has anyone done it before? I tried a half dozen times, wasting an effigy each time, and thought I was hitting the exact same spot he did, but the landing always killed me.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKPLD0S88Pg

    submitted by /u/Drunken_Scribe
    [link] [comments]

    Fire lizards

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 08:25 AM PST

    Wtf are those shits!? Their hitboxes are so scuffed. They take up more space than covetous demon. The charge attack has no wind up at all and they spam it so fast that it impossible to recover after getting hit. All of their attacks have no clear windups and when they are started they are faster than light. They also spam those HUGE fireballs from the other side of the area. I am SL 94 and I use a +10 greatsword dealing 520 dmg and it takes more than 10 hits to kill them.

    EDIT: This has to be the worst design ever. I'm starting to hate this game

    submitted by /u/Antekpjk
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone wanna Co-Op? I’m 65k SM!

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 06:57 AM PST

    Fun and viable?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 06:47 AM PST

    Sorceries/Pyromancies Build! Are they viable in SOFTS?

    submitted by /u/sicseph
    [link] [comments]

    Help with a Dex/Int build.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 02:19 AM PST

    So I'm not really good at making builds for games like these so I wanted to know if there was anyone her who can give me a Dex/Int build for SL125-200 with exact numbers and items please? I love going thru these games but I always have a real hard time when I try for a build I do myself.

    submitted by /u/ChaosNoahV
    [link] [comments]

    Question regarding SotFS

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 05:49 AM PST

    I've searched the sub but haven't found a satysfying answer to my question. I've just started my first DS2 playthrough and after that found out about the existence of Scholar of the First Sin. I possess main DS2 game with 3 DLCs. How much content do I miss out on if I don't play SotFS? The price I'd have to pay for SotFS pains me, but I'd really like to have a great experience of DS2 because I thoroughly loved the first part of the game.

    submitted by /u/ColonelNosio
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat the Darklurker!

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 07:47 PM PST

    I initially went into this build, expecting to go just with strength and intelligence, but after seeing some of the hexes, I couldn't resist going for a dark build. This is my first real playthrough and when I say, "real," I mean I made it as far as the Shrouded Woods once, but never passed that. I've been playing mostly blindly. I've looked up a few spells (and where to find them) and covenant rewards, but that's it. I just got out of the Shrine of Amana and decided to try for that Dragon Chime. After going through two of the chasms with no problem, I found myself rubbing my face in anger at saving the one in the shrouds for last. My god. I struggled so much getting to the Darklurker over and over, all the while losing hope. Then, after exhausting the three pyromancies I have equipped and running through about 12 effigies, I finally two-handed my Dark Greatsword +10 and hit that bastard twice just before it killed me and I finally did it. I finally beat the Darklurker and got that damned Dragon Chime.

    submitted by /u/SevtheSavage
    [link] [comments]

    Lore Question

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 05:54 PM PST

    Everywhere you look online, Tseldora is referred to as a Duke. Why is this? I've always been under the impression that "Duke's Dear Freja" refers to Seath since he was a Duke and it is his soul that possesses the spider. Is there an item description I've missed that explicitly says he is a Duke?

    submitted by /u/xFeesh
    [link] [comments]

    I-Frames

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 04:57 AM PST

    how do the i-frames work in ds2 in 1 and 3 you could roll through almost anything while in the roll animation but in 2 it seems so much harder

    submitted by /u/-Px4
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment