• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 5, 2020

    Dark Souls Painted my favorite character in all the soulsborne games, Siegmeyer of Catarina - gouache and ink

    Dark Souls Painted my favorite character in all the soulsborne games, Siegmeyer of Catarina - gouache and ink


    Painted my favorite character in all the soulsborne games, Siegmeyer of Catarina - gouache and ink

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 11:55 AM PST

    Been away for a while working on new styles. I always want to come back to this character design though. Love everything about this guy. Enjoy! https://imgur.com/hKvZXaj

    submitted by /u/edavid21
    [link] [comments]

    I made a Dark Souls themed home-screen for my phone, I thought you guys might like it.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 08:01 PM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/F5htdju.jpg

    HP is battery, MP is WiFi signal, SP is available RAM. Humanity is the day of month, and the equipment slots are various apps.

    submitted by /u/SurprisedTree
    [link] [comments]

    How Heavy is Smough's Hammer Revisited

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 01:06 PM PST

    How heavy is Smough's Hammer? It's time to revisit the calculations.

    "Great Hammer from the soul of executioner Smough, who guards the cathedral in the forsaken city of Anor Londo.Smough loved his work, and ground the bones of his victims into his own feed, ruining his hopes of being ranked with the Four Knights"(Dark Souls).

    Last year when we did the figures, we used some weird truncated cone thing. This time, I believe we can get a more accurate answer with integration, specifically, the method of disks. I should mention that this answer assumes the hammer is solid, a theory which cannot be verified or refuted. By measuring a side view shot of a player with Smough's hammer, the head's length is almost exactly 1/3 of the player's height.

    Assuming a 1.8 m player, we get a 1.2 m head height.

    The formula f(x)=cos(x/3.8)+4 gives us a curve extremely similar to the edge of the hammer, within the bounds [0, 19Ï€/5]. We can now use a ratio to establish the radius of the top and bottom of the hammer's head. On the graph, the y-coordinate at the bounds is the radius. This means that the striking face's radius is 5, and the smaller radius is 3. Therefore, since 1.2=19Ï€/5, 5~.5, and 3~.3, using the ration 1:0.10052, derived from 1.2/19Ï€/5.

    From this we now know several good things:

    Actual dimensions of the hammer head (length, lower radius, upper radius): 1.2 m, 0.5 m, 0.3 m.

    Dimensions on the graph, which will be converted to actual using the ratio after calculating (length, lower radius, upper radius): ~12, 5, 3.

    The radii are not strictly necessary for calculating the volume, but will help us put the size in perspective later. We can begin to integrate using the method of disks formula: *V=Ï€∫(a-b)f(x)**2*dx. Because of Reddit formatting, I am unable to enter the integral properly. Just try to live with it.

    So, in our case, we have V=Ï€∫(12-0)(cos(x/3.8)+4)^2dx. We must now integrate. I will omit the (12-0) from the calculations for simplicity, just remember that it's there.

    We can use u-substitution first. u=x/3.8, du=1/3.8dx. Now we substitute: V=3.8Ï€∫(cos(u)+4)^2du=3.8Ï€∫(cos^2(u)+8cos(u)+16)du=3.8Ï€(∫(cos^2(u)du+8∫(cos(u)du+16∫1du)

    That's kind of a mess. We can simplify the cos^2(u) with a power reducing formula for cosine, which is ∫cos^n(u)=((n-1)/n)∫cos^(n-2)9u)du. Reddit formatting makes this way worse than it needs to be. Anyhow, we get (cos(u)sin(u)/2)+(1/2)∫1du=(cos(u)sin(u)/2)+(u/2).

    Now we can solve 8∫cos(u)du=8sin(u).

    Finally, we solve 16∫1du=16u.

    Lots of little bits there. In total, we get (cos(u)sin(u)/2)+8sin(u)+33u/2*.*

    So, V=3.8Ï€∫(cos(u)+4)^2du=3.8Ï€((cos(u)sin(u)/2)+8sin(u)+33u/2*).* We can make 3.8Ï€=19/5Ï€. So, V=(19Ï€cos(u)sin(u)/10)+(152Ï€sin(u)/5)+(627Ï€u/10). Now, we sub u for x. (33Ï€x/2)+(19Ï€cos(5x/19)sin(5x/19)/10)+(152Ï€sin(5x/19)/5). This probably could be simplified further.

    Remember, our bounds are 12-0, so we must plug 12 into x and evaluate. We do NOT need to do this for zero, as the function simply goes away. Notice how all parts have fractions with an x in the numerator. If 0 was subbed in, it would simply disappear. No use in wasting extra work one something that will just go away. Subbing 12 in is still incredibly ugly, and so I won't do it out here. According to my calculator, we get 620.5 as the volume.

    Now remember the ratios before? Since each of our graph measures was 10 times larger that the actual value in meters, this volume would be 1000 times too large if taken in cubic meters. Therefore, we divide by 1000 to get the actual volume, which is .625 cubic meters. Looking at the hammer head, this seems visually close.

    Now, assuming the hammer is made of some form of high-strength steel, density should be around 7800 kg/m^3. Given the head's volume is .625 m^3, we get a mass of 4875 kg.

    The handle, in relation to our 1.8 m undead, is approximately 1.4 m long and 0.025 cm in radius. Using the formula for volume of a cylinder: V=Ï€r\**2\h, we get V=Ï€.0252(1.4)=0.0027 m^3.\ This leads to a mass of 21 kg.

    [TL:DR] Therefore, we gather that a close approximation of the mass of Smough's Hammer is 4896 kilograms or 10,796 pounds, which comes out close to 5.37 tons. Let me know what you think, and remember, it's the process that counts. Thanks for your time.

    submitted by /u/Citroncactus
    [link] [comments]

    how bad i am?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 01:44 PM PST

    So I was getting ready to fight Artorias in royal wood, and I didn't know my nephew (eight years old) was watching me play Until he sat next to me and asked: "are there any dragons in this game?"

    two thoughts came to my mind: A. kalameet B. this game is 18+ but this kid already got exposed to Mortal Combat and all its Xrays and he even knows every single character.

    So I unpaused the game and told him " i'll show you one red eye dragon, but!!! There are some enemies on the way"

    His eyes went big, he stood next to the screen and started asking about everything, hundreds of questions, i Showed him the little mushrooms then into the bigger one, shit got messy as usual in souls game mean while in the back of my head, I'm going to my death, but the kid was having a blast and kept jumping in front of the screen, and kept asking about the dragon, so we reached the cliff went down, and i ran all the way to the right side making sure i can give him some nice cinematic shoot, kalameet flew in with his first wave attack i managed to survive but the second attack i was dead.

    back to the bone fire, the kid was dam disappointed that we died!! and kept begging to go back and fight the dragon, he advised me to use the shield instead of rolling, and I genuinely started explaining to him that first, we had to talk to the giant, GIANTS!! and oh boy I got myself into another tornado of questions. Anyway, times up the family is leaving the kid is yelling he wants to stay!

    Next day my brother is telling me that his son couldn't sleep that night because he kept talking and talking about the one eye dragon, so they passed by my place, my character is on stand by before Artorias fight. toke him for the full ride, that ended with slaying Kalameet, and you cannot Imagine how much the kid was satisfied, even his dad (my brother ) said "I never saw him this much excited "

    After they left, Reflecting on this whole thing, I started retaliating at myself " what the fuck did I do" to be honest it was bit too freaky for him on Artorias fight,

    I really hope he doesn't pee his bed :/

    submitted by /u/Bookofzed
    [link] [comments]

    New run for me?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 03:25 AM PST

    Hello guys, i'm searching for a new run! I finish the game in SL1, speedrun, only piro. You have some ideas for funny/hard run? Like only bow or only fists? Thanks a lot

    submitted by /u/FabioSpoto
    [link] [comments]

    Help me

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 08:47 PM PST

    It took me 40 hours to ring both of the bells. I'm buckling in for another 60 hours it sounds like. I hate it and I love it.❤️

    submitted by /u/need-an-answer
    [link] [comments]

    Great Grey Wolf Sif is a GIRL.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 10:24 AM PST

    There's the fact that there's no male anatomy, but this can be explained as a design choice because, well, no one wants to get one-shot by a flailing wolf penis.

    My main reasons for being 110% certain she's a girl is as follows:

    1: Sif is a Norse word, meaning "Bride"

    2: Sif is also a goddess in Norse mythology

    3: The item you find near Artorias' grave is a wolf ring- being defended by a wolf who's name means "Bride"

    4: no where in the games files or dialogue is Sif referred to by gender

    submitted by /u/WelshWolf93
    [link] [comments]

    Could anyone actually defeat manus?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 04:40 PM PST

    Since artorias got defeated and he was arguably the strongest of the four knights, and the only abysswalker, is kinda strange how a chosen undead manage to defeat manus

    submitted by /u/1Falange1
    [link] [comments]

    I fucking hate the kick animation for the falchion... And I accidently execute it waay too often. Ughh!

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 04:40 PM PST

    I'm playing on the switch and way too often do I find my character twirling backwards because I'm moving forward while attacking. I've flown off ledges, stair cases, elevators anything and everything really that would and could result in death. God, I wish there was a way to turn that function off. Or if they would just keep it as a fucking kick for curved swords. It is so inconvenient and doesn't even work as well as a normal kick. I'd give anything to be able to remap the kick. Just lost 30k souls and 15 humanity because the stupid fucking falchion kick launched be backwards while fighting crows in the painted world. Also, I've never, ever had any issue with stored roles. Except for now... How is it a thing on dark souls remastered?? I thought they fixed that shit. I've always read and seen videos of it happening, but never experienced it myself until now. I'll be walking and randomly I just roll. It's so fucking frustrating and inconvenient. Thank you all for taking a moment to let me rant.

    submitted by /u/WalterBlackness
    [link] [comments]

    Knights Honor Achievement, Xbox One, DSR

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 12:02 AM PST

    Hey, I'm looking if anyone on Xbox is able to help me with the Knights Honor achievement? It's the last achievement I need for the Dark Soul, and I've come into a bit of a problem, let me explain.

    After weeks of regrinding the game, I had finally gotten to NG+4 to get the final soul I need (Sif, go figure) I steamrolled through the game up to Anor Londo in about two hours, with the soul in hand I crafted the last item I needed (Artorias Shield) yet no achievement popped up, concerned, I start looking up stuff, for people with similar experiences, I couldn't find many but the one I did suggested dropping everything and picking it back up; big mistake, I lost lots of the items, does the progress still count? And if so, why did I not get the achievement? I don't know what I could possibly be missing, I made a list of everything I needed and checked it again and again, I'm very confused currently and wanna know if anyone knows anything that could help! Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Bosaks_OW
    [link] [comments]

    Should I use a different weapon?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 09:23 PM PST

    i use the black night great sword , and while its slow i really like it because i'm not one to charge into battle lol. i have modified it pretty well and it does a shit ton of damage, but i also don't want to conform to one weapon. when i'm not in a boss fight or if i'm trying to do a faster attack i use a seat with lightning (lol forgot what it's called ) . i don't wanna use the drake sword and the crystal halberd i have i only used on Ornstein. thanks!

    submitted by /u/phoenixofastoria
    [link] [comments]

    Four Kings Tips?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 07:22 PM PST

    Hey! so i've been having some trouble with coming up with a strategy for the four kings, should i save them for last and go fight Nito or am i just really bad? this is my first time playing dark souls (not the remaster) and before that i'd just watch my boyfriend play. of course i should mention that i mostly play zelda, fallen order, and resident evil games so maybe i just need to "get good " lol! thanks!

    submitted by /u/phoenixofastoria
    [link] [comments]

    Top 5 shields in DSR

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 04:16 PM PST

    After beating dark souls remaster in NG7+ today I'm going to show you about my top 5 best shields in DSR. It's not easy to do this list since there's alot of usable shields in this game.

    Rules:

    1.opinion based: as always this is 💯 my personal opinion. If you like the shields that aren't in the list, its ok to disagree my list.

    2.PvE: I'm mostly based on how effective the shields are in pve, not pvp. So if a certain shield that is good or bad in PvP, I'm not talking about that.

    3.includings: I'm going to include boss, unique and based shields in this list.

    After all the rules in my way, let's do my top 5 shields in DSR.

    5.Dragon Crest shield(DCS):

    Base stats: Physical-100 Magic-20 Fire-85 Lightning-45 Stability-55 Weight-3.0 ––––––––– The main reason why does this shield is on the list is how easy to get. You can get this when you escape the undead asylum if you get the master key as a gift or a thief class. When using this shield, it was capable of blocking attacks from quelaag's sword attacks, fire from necromancers and the usable lightning reduction is good for the blue drakes. Unfortunately the magic reduction of the shield is abysmal. Which means that if you're trying to block magic against chanalers and the moonlight butterfly, your gonna be vulnerable. That said, the other stats are mediocre to great.

    4.wooden shield:

    Base stats: Physical-93 Magic-40 Fire-30 Lightning-65 Stability-52 Weight-1.5 ––––––––– As a physical blocking, it's isn't the best at blocking physical attacks. But at least it has good stability and alright physical reduction. As blocking lighting, this is one of the best shields that can do that. If you're dealing with lighting enemies like batwing demon, titanite demon and blue drakes use it. It also outclassifieds The Plank shield having more physical, fire, lightning, stability, durability, and has the same weight as the plank shield. However, it's fire reduction is low. If you use this shield right, you can check lighting enemies really well.

    🥉.crest shield:

    Base stats: Physical-100 Magic-80 Fire-55 Lightning-45 Stability-55 Weight-3.0 ––––––––– When looking at the stats from this shield you'll be thinking "why is this shield isn't number one?" I can sometimes agree about that. But for most of the time, they're two more shields that are more versatile and fun to use. Anyways, the crest shield is the best of both worlds in terms of blocking most attacks. It's complete physical reduction is great for blocking normal attacks, phenomenal magic of 80 is the best against enemies that loves spamming magic, a good stability that can make you live longer and decent fire and lighting can make a good mixed shield build. Overall, this is a great shield to get for players struggle blocking moonlight butterfly attacks and it's easy to get.

    🥈.heater shield:

    Base stats: Physical-100 Magic-30 Fire-70 Lighting-50 Stability-55 Weight-2.0 ––––––––– At first I was originally going to put the blood shield or the spider shield on the number two spot since the blood shield can give you resistance and the spider shield is immune against poison when blocking. But when I see what's the heater shield does, I feel in love with this shield. Sure it doesn't got the stats of the crest shield but it's lighter, has similar physical reduction and stability as the crest shield, has higher fire and lightning than the crest shield and lastly it's the only shield that has a fast parry animation that is 100% physical reduction. It's also the lightest 100% physical reduction in the game that makes the shield really versatile.

    Before I get to the number one spot, here are a few honorable mentions. These shields are really good against dangerous situation but they hold back for a top 5 for one or more reason and here they are.

    1.blood shield: For a shield that can increase 50% resistance, good for covering problem for the lifehunt scythe and has and a complete physical reduction. In paper, the shield can be on the list due to these good features. In practice, it wasn't mainly because it's heavy and it has less stability than the heater shield.

    2.hollow soldier shield: The HSS used to be the best shield before it got Nerf in the original dark souls. It used to have a maximum of 85 stability for a 100% physical reduction shield which is crazy. But now it has a maximum of 70 stability Wich is not good as it's pre patch counterpart. So it faces competition of the tower kite shield and caduceus kite shield since they there lighter and have 72 stability rather than 70.

    3.silver knight shield: The silver knight shield has one of the best stats for a non-specialized shield and it has the highest maxed stability for a medium shield in the game after the hollow soldier shield patch. However it was outclassified by the lighter and superior crest shield and that 5.0 units of weight for a med shield can be detrimental than beneficial.

    Without a further ado let's get to the number one spot.

    🥇👑.grass crest shield:

    Base stats: Physical-95 Magic-42 Fire-70 Lightning-50 Stability-51 Weight-3.0 ––––––––– When you look at the stats, at first you'll think "why this shield is at number one?" For one reason and one reason why. Stamina Regen. This is one of the most important things in dark souls since you consume most of of your stamina by attacking and running. The stats of the shield is usable. Even though it doesn't have a 100% physical reduction and average stability, it makes up for it's well rounded stats and stamina Regen. I personally use this shield for all purpose in boss fights which it's the main reason why it's the number one shield.

    I hope you enjoy my opinion about my top 5 shields in DSR. If you have a different opinion,make your top 5 shields in the comment section. Next up, top 5 worst shields.

    submitted by /u/raime10345
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve seen a lot of post about people beating Dark souls for the first time

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 06:08 AM PST

    I beat it a few weeks ago took me three weeks and I had a lot of fun one of my favorite games. Currently playing ds2 and it's different but I love it.

    submitted by /u/NameHard
    [link] [comments]

    Getting Summoned for O&S

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 07:49 PM PST

    So I've been spending some time at the bonfire before Ornstein and Smough trying to get summoned. Currently level 53, but whether my sign is by the bonfire or the boss door I'm not getting summoned often. Am I overleveled, or is something else going on?

    submitted by /u/KaiHaiaku
    [link] [comments]

    Finally perfected the remaster. It may have been a pain but I enjoyed almost every moment of it.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 10:15 AM PST

    Help. Souvenirs of reprisal?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 09:43 PM PST

    Does anyone know if they carry over to next game. Or if increasing humanity should help with farming? I'm playing offline (360) and may just wait till game since they're incredibly frustrating to get. Do I lose them starting new game?

    submitted by /u/sambeckett66
    [link] [comments]

    Gravelord pvp red phantom gank

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 08:45 PM PST

    So a question about gravelords. So I read on the website and multiple articles about gravelord covenant and it says pvp it supposed to be 1v3, the gravelord versus 3 spirits of vengeance. Right? The point being the gravelord has to survive as long as he can on his own without help because he cant summon phantoms.

    Well, the other day, I went into a gravelord world and he has a red phantom helping him. Not only does this mean he has help, he is taking one of the slots for the spirit of vengeance so it will only be 2v2 or 2v1 which breaks the mechanics in my opinion. Let me know if I am missing something.

    Is this just frowned upon or is this illegal play or exploit? I dont mind dying if its fair and the game is being played as intended, but I feel like this is not fair play.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/juicebox900
    [link] [comments]

    Sif and the Abyss

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 09:58 AM PST

    I've been playing AotA and I've reached the Manus boss fight, which is supposed to be the last area. But also found out recently that you can/ are supposed to save Sif somehow before that. I haven't found her anywhere. Am I doing something wrong?

    submitted by /u/Pritam40
    [link] [comments]

    Ghosts of New Londo

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 11:34 AM PST

    I realized how beautifully unique New Londo was to the rest of the games areas. There was a surreal, lonely beauty to it and I couldn't help but make a small video on it.

    Check it out and let me know how you like it.

    https://youtu.be/6KdWcmX2N5A

    submitted by /u/Wraith112
    [link] [comments]

    Praise the Sun

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 08:58 AM PST

    Finally getting to sit down with my first play through on my own console. I'm outside the bell tower but I also keep running around to see what else I can find. I played Demon Souls and the crap out of Bloodborne but I finally have all three Dark Souls to myself.

    I also do yoga very regularly and my morning vinyasa was all focused on sun salutations. Plenty of talk about a hollow body experience when moving through plank, so I had to give a final Praise the Sun gesture to close out.

    submitted by /u/BeyondtheKosm
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment