• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 4, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 10:10 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Five years and ongoing! Return to Yharnam...returns once again!

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 10:18 PM PST

    Greetings, Hunters!

    We're a few days into March, which means our most anticipated annual event draws near! The old blood-drunk hunters, worn from their tireless adventures, will finally return to the dream. The Hunt seeks us as it did years ago, and every year since, when we first made our journey into Yharnam. We call upon you all once again to participate in this year's Return to Yharnam! The event will begin March 10th and run all the way through March 24th, ending on the day of the Bloodborne's fifth anniversary.

    Fellow players from both the Bloodborne Reddit and Discord community, as well as other Soulsborne communities shall be joining in on the Hunt. Please take note of the points mentioned below:

    • To get the most out of this event, create a brand new character and play through the game while summoning as many random co-operators and invaders as possible.
    • Assure that your matchmaking region is set to Worldwide.
    • Leave a note in the Hunter's Dream next to the bath messengers with the words "You're in the know, right?" and upvote any messages like these that you find.
    • Finally, and importantly of all, have fun!

    Feel free to pop on over in our Discord community as well! See you in all the world of Yharnam!

    submitted by /u/Aveldaheilt
    [link] [comments]

    To whomever just rated my. Don’t give up skeleton! Message in the bonfire in majula about 7 minutes ago on Xbox

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 10:46 PM PST

    Thank you so much I was out of heals for blue smelter and couldn't get any miracles off to heal you singlehandedly saved that fight I had just enough health to finish him off thank you so much

    submitted by /u/jinxy_the_wolf
    [link] [comments]

    just wanted to share my Old Dragonslayer tattoo!

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 02:21 PM PST

    .. or I suppose Ornstein ? Haha DS2 was my first entry to the souls world so I'll call him the Old Dragonslayer! Got him about a year ago and it just occurred to me to share it 😅

    submitted by /u/MilkTeaCatastrophe
    [link] [comments]

    Dragonrider

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 02:30 PM PST

    Just started playing the game and I just wanted to say that the dragonrider is an amazing boss, I especially love the well built arena you have to fight him in.

    submitted by /u/Saimy_Goat
    [link] [comments]

    Shrine of amana Tip for new players

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 04:45 AM PST

    Just a quick tip for any players on the SoTFs version of ds2 if you beat the old dragonslayer dont forget to pick up the clerics parma shield in the cathedral of blue in the chest out the back of the boss fight.

    It can parry spells and makes the shrine of amana run 95% easier as you can deflect the soul arrows with ease and never have to dodge or roll from them into more danger

    Hope someone finds this useful info and have a nice day

    submitted by /u/Supersaiya13
    [link] [comments]

    Bloodborne has changed me in ways I didn't expect

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 11:55 AM PST

    I know the title seems unrelated to DS2, but bear with me.

    Dark Souls 2 was my first Soulsborne game, and I'm really glad that the Return to Drangleic event is going on since it gives me an excuse to come back and play. After beating DS2 twice, I went on to play Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne a couple months after that, even getting a Platinum on the latter.

    Because of spending so much time on Bloodborne, with all the constant dodging and parrying, I think the game has taught me how to effectively dodge and parry. Because of it, I'm having way more fun than I did the first two times I played through DS2.

    My first playthroughs, while having different stat spreads, were effectively just "Sword and Board" builds where I'd constantly have my shield up when not attacking. I never used shields that had less than 100% damage reduction. This even bled into Dark Souls 3 and regardless of how slow some fights felt, I still had fun.

    But then Bloodborne comes, takes my shield, slaps my left hand, and throws a gun at me expecting me to parry or die.

    Bloodborne taught me how parry frames work and now I finally understand the concept of swinging my buckler during an attack not before. Now I'm running around with a Buckler, Blossom Kite Shield for the Stamina Regen, and Dragonrider Twinblade, all while having the time of my life.

    I'm still dreading the moment I have to enter the Shrine of Amana tho

    submitted by /u/lord_gs1596
    [link] [comments]

    Got Invaded by "Dark Souls Santa"

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 09:10 PM PST

    So I just got invaded at the Iron Keep (SM 1.1M) by a user with a questionable username who immediately claimed to be "Dark Souls Santa." Clad in nothing by a mimic chest, the player proceeded to share valuable upon valuable weapons, armor, and rings. (list of items below)

    Just a very cool experience I wanted to share with the rest of you! May you all have the fortune of running into Dark Souls Santa!

    submitted by /u/Diricos7
    [link] [comments]

    Beginner question!

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 02:29 PM PST

    Is there password matchmaking?

    submitted by /u/BeatEaberBoi
    [link] [comments]

    Fuck those Lightning Horses and the Lightning Horses they rode in with

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 09:28 AM PST

    I kept getting killed by them sumbitches so I decided to clear those bastards out. As you may have guessed, it takes quite a while to kill them all 10 times or whatever it takes. We'll say "forever" to put things in perspective. What was my reward? Beat those pair of putty-tats on the first goddamn try. Took probably 10 total minutes, trip through the snow included. Fuck me.

    submitted by /u/Vanpire73
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite ultra greatsword?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 11:44 AM PST

    Ive used the crypt blacksword, greatsword, kings ugs plenty but i wanted to maybe try the pursuers, drakewing or lost sinners or something different. Ivory king ive used a lot too. What does everyone like?

    submitted by /u/KnightArtorias95
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help me with L&Z?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 02:55 PM PST

    Xb1, btw. There's no bonfire in the outskirts to my knowledge, and getting to them takes 10 minutes. Leave the sign either next to the coffin at the beginning or in front of the boss if you're willing to help me. Thx

    submitted by /u/Gnomologist
    [link] [comments]

    Question about the bridge approach ascetic

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 02:01 PM PST

    I have a sorc that I want to grab some extra copies of Soul Spear for. If I burn an ascetic at the Bridge Approach in the Copse, does it only change the enemies between that fire and the Lockaway where Creighton is? For example, does the red phantom where the lockaway key is remain on NG level?

    Also, will I have to get the key for the Lockaway again, or will it stay open?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Drunken_Scribe
    [link] [comments]

    A guide to Mundane Infusion?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 01:57 PM PST

    long story short, Mundane just pickled my interest but I am a bit confused about how it works and the bonuses from it (the Character planner I am using doesn't really show anything and when I use the dagger for testing it just comes up as less damage) my idea is a Flynn character with 20 on All and 14 VIT so I am not sure if someone can give me a hand with it.

    submitted by /u/Xx_Khepri_xX
    [link] [comments]

    Note to self: The Ladle has little to no effect on The Fume Knight.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 09:50 AM PST

    Having a little trouble figuring out what The Fume Knight's weakness is. I read poison, so I checked the old inventory and the only poison build I have happens to be the Ladle. Needless to say, I got my ass handed to me without much trouble.

    submitted by /u/Phempteru
    [link] [comments]

    I finished Dark Souls 2 for the first time

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 09:45 AM PST

    I've played through ds1, DS3 and bloodborne multiple times. I got ds2 back on release but never finished it, I got to around the shrine of amana and gave up. A few weeks ago I decided dust off my 360 to give it another chance, I went with a dex build and I powered through most of the game, I enjoyed most of my time apart from the last quarter or so. The bosses I had the most rouble with were the ruin sentinels and the rat Vanguard. Getting 3 v 1 ganked by the sentinels was a bit bs and I couldn't hit the toxic rat bastards because of their stupid hitbox.

    Towards the end of the game, after getting the Kings ring I felt the game starts to become a chore. Most of the areas are just packed with enemies who have high poise, high health and high damage. I ended up poison arrowing most of them to death which was incredibly tedious. But despite the increase in area difficulty, the bosses seed to get easier. The only story boss who managed to kill me from the demon of song to the end of the game was the giant Lord whos swing hit box would hit me when I was nowhere near it. Throne Watcher and Defender + Nashandra were so anticlimactic, I killed them all back to back and Nashandra didn't even hit me.

    I did attempt to fight dark lurker and the ancient dragon, but the run up to both of these bosses are just pure bullshit ganking. I was already starting to get tired of the game and I wasn't enjoying myself doing these runs, so I didn't beat either. I've heard dark lurker is one of the better bosses, but the fact you have to take on multiple phantoms and sacrifice an effigy each time you want to attempt the boss was too much work for the payoff. Also I hate the fact the ancient dragon can one shot you and then you have to run past a whole load of high damage enemies and it seemed 50/50 whether you'd get through the fog gate or get attacked in the back by one of the knights. I don't know why they took out the invincibility frames at fog doors.

    The game feels like a step forward in loads of ways but also a step back in others compared to DS1. I'm glad I finally went through and finished the game after all this time and I did enjoy most of my time with it, but the final quarter of the game has kinda put me off returning to the game anytime soon (unless SotFS fixed a lot of the issues with the game)

    submitted by /u/HamesWalker
    [link] [comments]

    PC, SM 2.5 mil, KSnizzo...anyone wanna coop the Ancient Dragon with me?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 07:27 AM PST

    I've never beat him and am trying to get that 5th Giant Soul to fight Vendrick.

    submitted by /u/ksnizzo
    [link] [comments]

    Sm in dlc

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 11:06 AM PST

    So I'm very close to the end of my first playthrough just got fume alone and the duo cats to beat, but I can't for the life of me find any coop? I'm just under 4million sm, is it this that's ruining my chances?

    submitted by /u/Gilesalford
    [link] [comments]

    Why does infusing the Magic Mace with a magic stone lowering the INT scaling?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 10:59 AM PST

    That just doesn't make any sense at all.

    submitted by /u/Taograd359
    [link] [comments]

    I have never beaten the Pursuer properly.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 04:55 AM PST

    First few playthroughs I used parry (and ~5-10 deaths) and ballista. After I got gud, I just take him down out of sequence on the rooftop, because there's more space, or use the speedrun strat to roll at the cart and then ballista him. I have never beaten the OG Pursuer in a fair fight in his intended boss room. Hmmm.

    submitted by /u/corny40k
    [link] [comments]

    I have thrusting issues because of this game...

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 10:40 AM PST

    Who the hell came up with powerstanced Smelter Hammers? These things are amazing! Everytime I try to make a new character I always go back to a 99 strength powerstancer Smelter Hammer build.

    Like damn, I think I have an obsession.

    submitted by /u/StraightOuttaOlaphis
    [link] [comments]

    Random review music question

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 10:35 AM PST

    Random question, but I watched this gamespot review (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wlPytsmgvc) of Dark Souls 2 and wanted to identify the music used, tried identifiers like Shazam etc but no luck. I know it isn't OST music, but I just thought I check in here on the off-chance a DS2 fan knows.

    submitted by /u/DoomEarl
    [link] [comments]

    Belfry Gargoyles - NO DAMAGE [No Block/Parry/Items/Rings/Magic]

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 10:08 AM PST

    This Boss is all about managing distance and patience. when, there are 2 gargolyes wait for both of them to do an attack after that go for 1-2 hits. If there are 3 or more they will start throwing fire when below 30% health (individual). keep circling the arena and hope you don't get cornered.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtJNmU_Y7Ig

    submitted by /u/Av_K
    [link] [comments]

    A special Co-op build.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 09:18 AM PST

    So. I'm trying to make a Co-op build. But. The thing is, I'm also trying to make it as an Imperious Knight build. I know its unusual because of the moveset. But the damage it does really makes up for it. Does anyone have a good idea on a good Co op build that can work with a imperious knight build. If not, it's okay

    submitted by /u/The_Forest-Hunter76
    [link] [comments]

    [ps4] sotfs anyone able to mule for new char or give me some stuff

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 09:14 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment