• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 1, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 10:11 PM PST

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Bed of Chaos

    Being Gravelorded in Anor Londo? Died to Bed Of Chaos for the 100th time? Checked your phone for a second, only to run off a cliff and lose your bloodstain?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Ash Lake is probably one of the most beautiful locations in the game, if not the most beautiful.

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 11:01 AM PST

    From the soundtrack to the sweet sound of running through the place, it's perfect. The lighting, the atmosphere, everything. And the trees in the far distance remind me of Bloodborne and its Hunter's Dream. I'm starting to see why this game is so popular even now, it's really unique.

    submitted by /u/BlackJ0ke
    [link] [comments]

    Knights Honor

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 11:05 PM PST

    Can I farm the Black Knights in Killn of the first flame for the black night weapons?

    submitted by /u/Ironfiist13
    [link] [comments]

    Narrative/Emotional effect of summoning

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 01:27 AM PST

    I'm not really part of the git gud crowd, but I respect the idea 100%.

    For me personally however, Dark Souls is an almost meditative game, and basically a metaphor for depression/life. This is not really a controversial take, so I was wondering how the idea of summoning comes into play.

    Do you think summoning also minimizes the effectiveness of the metaphor, or does it enhance it? As in, it could serve as a reminder that sometimes we need people in our life who help us grow and overcome hard obstacles in life.

    How do you feel about this?

    submitted by /u/Background-Calendar
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t even get TO Taurus Demon

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 11:29 PM PST

    So I must suck or something. I can't even get to the fog for the Taurus Demon in the beginning. Anytime there are three guys with shields I end up dying. I've only made it to the fog once so if I can't even get there imagine how horrible I am. I played this before on Xbox 360 back in the day but I don't ever remember it being so hard. What should my stats be for this point in the game?

    submitted by /u/Laurenzz101
    [link] [comments]

    So basicaly i accidentally pissed off solair

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 11:06 PM PST

    So its my first playthrough of the game and im already about to uninstal but not because of a boss or anything of that sort. No its from me tabbing out of the game to go to discord then tabbing back in to the game and whenever i do this it automatically attacks so when i was standing next to solaire in the Anor Londo bonfire and tabbed back in i kinda got pissed off because i didnt have any control over this happening (a similar thing happend to the Anor Londo blacksmith aswell) and now i have to go back through sens fortress just to remove all my sins then go all the way back through just so that i dont have to kill solaire.

    submitted by /u/foldedfaun7
    [link] [comments]

    Speechless and proud dad!

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 02:23 PM PST

    If this was a voice recording, I'd be yelling at the top of my lungs!

    I know that I posted about my son running into problems in his DS playthrough not long ago. Some of you may remember.

    But to get to the point...

    MY LITTLE GUY JUST SOLO DEFEATED ORNSTEIN AND SMOUGH WITH A +4 LIGHTNING SPEAR!

    I didn't know what to expect because my son's temper when it comes to losing is... not good. But after O&S handed him his a$$ on his 1st try, instead of a tantrum, he STOOD IN FRONT OF THE BOSS DOOR AND DEVISED A PLAN OF ATTACK!

    His plan was to beat Smough first because he's weak to lightning, then work on Ornstien (Ornstein is his all time favorite DS character).

    The first time he tried that strategy, he beat big boy and got Ornie down to a sliver of health. But he was out of estus so he lost. The next time, he got cocky and lost badly. Third time was a charm. He let go of his cocky demeanor, DEMOLISHED Smough, and slowly, methodically defeated Ornstein.

    After winning, he asked me something I didn't expect...🤣🤣🤣🤣 "Dad. Now do I get to talk to the giant lady with the boobs? I laughed and told him to just get what you came to get and leave her chamber.

    So proud.....😌

    submitted by /u/Facelessone83
    [link] [comments]

    THANKS YOU SANS UNDERTALE

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 09:24 PM PST

    Just wanna thank a guy called sans undertale he just helped me pound O and s into the ground I know I wasn't that strong with my sorcery build but he unleashed on the two of em. I love this community and don't you dare go hollow.

    submitted by /u/ebola_berd
    [link] [comments]

    Just Finished DS:R for the first time, rate my build!

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 09:17 PM PST

    I'm looking to see what I can improve in NG+, and I might be trying a new character as well.

    Stats by end of the game:

    Vit: 34

    Att: 10

    End: 35

    Strength: 46

    Dex: 11

    Res: 12

    Int: 9

    Faith: 11

    Gear:

    RH: Zweihander+15

    LF: Greatshield of Artorias+5

    Head: Black Iron Helm+5

    Chest: Black Iron Amor+4

    Hands: Black Iron Gauntlets+4

    Legs: Black Iron Leggings+4

    Rings:

    I switch around, but mainly

    - Cloranthy Ring

    - Ring of Steel Protection

    I ran with Zweihander for the whole game cause I liked it, what other weapons would I enjoy with this build?

    submitted by /u/00benallen
    [link] [comments]

    A poster I designed to sum up my love and frustration towards the series:

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 04:36 AM PST

    No imagery could sum up my experience more than these two words could: https://imgur.com/a/woh4w8x

    submitted by /u/GentleEel
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat dark souls

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 10:03 AM PST

    I know there have been a lot of these "I beat dark souls" posts but it is honestly a big achievement and dark souls is a very difficult game and there was probably times when we all thought we wouldn't be able to beat dark souls

    submitted by /u/Crazybobgaming
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve beat Dark souls vanilla and remastered and Dark souls 2 SOTFS and I’m really hesitant to try 3 because I feel it would be a big challenge decline compared to SOTFS. A big portion of my buds tell me it’s the easiest souls game too, should I even bother playing it or just jump to bloodborne?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 12:08 AM PST

    Corpses in Ash Lake (THEORY)

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 09:16 PM PST

    So I have a possible connection on why the corpses in Ash Lake have dragon scales on them.

    We know the area is secluded, and because time is convoluted in Lordran, we are able to visit the original plane of creation, the "Grey Landscape" of the Dragons. We also know that when a follower of the Dragons ascended, they turned into full Dragonoids with the use of the Dragon Stones. Now, you may ask, "Why aren't they there anymore?" Possibly because of the war with the dragons, or more likely;

    They were Gwyn's soldiers. How? Think about it, the Dragons have perception and a 4th-dimensional outlook in the world, there wasn't a concept they hadn't understood. So how did a loyal knight of Gwyn become a Dragonoid, AND Undead? Simple. The clever craft of speech, by twisting the knights perceptions, they could have easily became followers. The Stone Dragon could have been the patriarch in this act, and used his own scales to create the first Dragon Stones, hence why we, Millenia later, offer him scales of his kin to gain the Stones, and also possibly "heal" his wounds. The corpses are dilapidated, and charred black, maybe from the Lighting incinerating them, or Dragons burning their dead as an act of respect to the disciples. The corpses contain the scales because they couldn't live forever. They were imitators of the dragons, and devout followers.

    Well, that does it. Any comments? Questions? Let me know! I've been working on this theory for a while, and any input is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/emmetsbro821
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls themed ringtones/notification sounds?

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 01:36 PM PST

    I've been looking for a collection of Dark Souls ringtones and can't seem to find any. I would really like to have the Estus Flask use sound play when I receive a text, or the sound that plays when sitting at a bonfire.

    Does anyone know where this can be found? I've mainly been searching the Google Play Store.

    submitted by /u/Garma_Zabi_201
    [link] [comments]

    Spam Invaders

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 11:55 AM PST

    Had a funny story I wanted to share. I was dicking around in Anor Londo trying to get to Ornstein and Smough with humanity, because I wanted to give it a go with Solaire. Long story short I got fucked over many times because fuck those demons. When I started getting close to summoning Solaire someone invaded me. It was some dude who was possibly a hundred levels higher than me and one shotted me with some crazy spell. Lost my humanity, big RIP. Only thing that pissed me off more was that be did the exact same thing the next time I grabbed some humanity. Instead of fighting him, I ran for the high hills and tried to get back to my bonfire. Didnt realize they block the elevator off so you cant escape. Instead, I hid behind the platform with the elevator and begged whatever God there was that he would leave me alone.

    He struggled to find me. I saw him searching everywhere for me, going inside the castle and out. He probably searched every room in the castle looking for me so he could bully some souls out of me. I was afraid he was eventually going to look where I was, but he had to have been getting mad because he went nowhere near the elevator and stopped coming outside. He wasted 30 minutes of my time searching for me to no avail, and finally left, leaving me to cherish my hard earned humanity. The dude even opened up the front doors of Anor Londo for me so I no longer have to even fight the demons anymore. I was so happy that I finally summoned Solaire and marched myself straight to the boss. I still lost. Solaire thought it necessary to fight the big minions outside while I took on the big dudes

    submitted by /u/NerdKing01
    [link] [comments]

    From “Easiest” To Hardest, which Lord Souls and their areas do I go to? Can I go to the Undead Asylum & Painted World before that or are those enemies there probably gonna need extra strong weaponry?

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 10:53 PM PST

    I only have 2 +10 weapons atm

    submitted by /u/CarlManvers2020
    [link] [comments]

    A good dex build

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 01:58 AM PST

    Im doing my first dex play through and i dont know what exactkly what stats to upgrade what should i upgrade

    And do you know about any good dex weapons and Armour?

    Thanks for all the tips guys<3

    submitted by /u/xXScyzorXx
    [link] [comments]

    More Remasters?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 01:21 AM PST

    Is it possible that Dark Souls 2-3 could also get remastered for future consoles including the switch? (I really hope so)

    submitted by /u/-MaskedEmotions-
    [link] [comments]

    New player here, I finally got invaded for the first time! ....while alt-tabbed and sitting at the bonfire in Anor Londo

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 09:07 PM PST

    I bought PTDE a long time ago but never really played it. Finally started playing with pvp watchdog and DSCM for 25 hours playtime and have never been invaded until now. I never even did co-op - the one person I managed to summon at Blighttown bonfire immediately left for some reason - I think his name was triptonious?

     

    Anway, I heard a strange beeping sound while alt-tabbed... turns out it was my mod that gives warning when invaded. I alt-tabbed back in to see a guy attacking me while I'm and I'm almost dead. Luckily I managed to heal.

    I had JUST gotten 50 STR and equipped Havel's Greatshield, so I held him off and we danced around the bonfire room for 5+ minutes before he finally managed to backstab me. RIP

     

    Well, that was an interesting first PvP experience! Too bad I had my super slow Zweihander instead of something fast. Whoever invaded me didn't seem very good, I feel like I could have killed him if I had a faster weapon!

    submitted by /u/WhereIsMyMountainDew
    [link] [comments]

    You know what's a total missed opportunity? They could've made the Elite Cleric armor only appear from Vagrants instead of being totally unavailable.

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 03:45 PM PST

    Maybe set it up so that you need to drop a Cleric item specifically, and after enough rounds of getting passed around the Vagrant drops an Elite Cleric piece that matches the piece that was originally dropped.

    Would it be worth the effort? Probably not, no. But sometimes it's fun to have overcomplicated things with a questionable pay-off.

    submitted by /u/ConsolesQuiteAnnoyMe
    [link] [comments]

    Is dark souls 1 to 3 never ending like the elderscrolls games?

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 10:49 PM PST

    Like after you finish all the quests does it countine.

    submitted by /u/Xortor86
    [link] [comments]

    Accidentally used my Titanite Chunks to upgrade to Lightning, don’t have the ability to upgrade to +15 yet

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 02:48 PM PST

    Where do I buy or farm Titanite Chunks in the future though?

    submitted by /u/CarlManvers2020
    [link] [comments]

    How many hours more In ptd edition dlc

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 09:52 PM PST

    How many hours more In ptd edition dlc

    submitted by /u/Xortor86
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment