• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 9, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 10:09 PM PST

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Bed of Chaos

    Being Gravelorded in Anor Londo? Died to Bed Of Chaos for the 100th time? Checked your phone for a second, only to run off a cliff and lose your bloodstain?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I love this picture, Siegmeyer of catarina and a friend.

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 12:25 PM PST

    I’ve played Dark Souls for thousands of hours over the years but this is my favorite moment so far.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 12:35 AM PST

    Couldn't decide on a summon sign or bonefire tattoo so I combined them.

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 05:05 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/BRCaN1O.jpg

    Tattoo by Kyle at Las Vegas Tattoo Co in Ybor City, FL.

    The yellow will brighten up as it heals. All my tattoos are black and yellow which works cause now its a sun bro sign so we can praise the sun.

    submitted by /u/hotsaucename
    [link] [comments]

    Seath's Tail is the real bossfight

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 08:08 AM PST

    I kept trying to cut his tail for a couple of hours, my build is melee focused supplemented with sorceries, so I didn't wanna miss out on the sword that drops from his tail. But putting the tail aside, the actual bossfight is really easy.

    Edit: I finally did it! Thanks everybody for your tips and advice 💓💓

    submitted by /u/pinkdoggo_cor
    [link] [comments]

    just beat dark souls. i think this might be my new favorite game of all time

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 10:44 PM PST

    so i just beat dark souls today and holy crap this game might be the best i have played. i love the combat and how grounded and realistic it is, it feels deliberate and theres a lot of weight behind it which i like. the world and lore is what really what got me into this game. i love fantasy and medieval fantasy setting is my favorite and i have to say the lore and how the medieval setting is done in dark souls might be my favorite in video games. i absolutely love how the games takes place in a world thats devoid of civilization, its atmosphere is dark and the lore is probably the best i have seen in a game. the bosses were mostly awesome with a couple of them being not so good (bed of chaos) and while the graphics in this game aren't the best what makes up for it is its incredible art style, areas like anor londo, painted world, ash lake and kiln were absolutely breathtaking.

    i could talk more about this game but that would take too long so overall dark souls is an absolute masterpiece of a game and a work of art and just thinking about it now makes me want to play it again.

    submitted by /u/DizzyMaterial0
    [link] [comments]

    O&S on a DDR pad

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 07:06 PM PST

    One of one proudest moment in Dark Souls 😀

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/548964291

    submitted by /u/SirChungas
    [link] [comments]

    I'm going to be honest

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 02:33 AM PST

    I have searched up Dark Souls walkthroughs. But not because I had problems beating bosses, but because my brain was incapable of navigating DS's world properly. I got lost so many times, even after the gaping dragon fight I had no clue where to go, so I spent an hour waddling around the boss room and looking for a way out other than the way in because I didn't realise that I was supposed to go to Blighttown next. The Grand Archive were another example of this.

    submitted by /u/Vadini
    [link] [comments]

    Beginner question about dex and str

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 12:03 AM PST

    I'm on my first playthrough of Dark Souls Remastered and about 6 hours in. Just arrived in Undead Parish and died the first time confronting this big fucking knight.

    I'm playing as Pyromancer and wanted to do a DEX build. In Undead Burg I mostly used the axe, but now it seems even for weaker enemies, I spend all my stamina with the four swings it takes to kill. I chose the Pyromancer since I thought it would be best for a noob to have a ranged weapon from the beginning, but found that I'm not using that option much.

    I also put some points in STR and have been using the dragontail sword in Undead Parish which seems to be a one-swing kill for the weaker enemies. That I enjoy a lot more.

    Now, I'm unsure how to proceed, where to out my points. Also, I know next to nothing about fastroll and slowroll and am not sure how important that is or what it has to do with the weapon of choice.

    Any advice is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/deathontheshore
    [link] [comments]

    I need help

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 02:12 AM PST

    Hay i got to the place were the bolder knights is that the name? Well if its rong please let me know but im having a hard time with the big ass knight that is protected by other small knights btw im playing as a thief class for my first play through on DS1

    submitted by /u/deathgun11789
    [link] [comments]

    Which "school" of magic has the highest potential for damage?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 09:44 PM PST

    Coming back to Dark Souls after 2 years..

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 01:04 AM PST

    Is it possible for me to run any of the Dark Souls games on my laptop?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 04:15 AM PST

    I've played all three Dark Souls games on console and liked all of them, but recently i've wanted to try the Daughters of Ash mod for DSR or DSPTD and I've wanted to try the Cinders mod for DS3, the problem with this is of course, i don't know if my system can run them.

    The internal specs for my laptop are as follows:

    CPU: AMD Dual-Core Processor A6-9220 up to 2.9 GHz

    GPU: AMD Radeon R4 Graphics

    RAM: 8 GB DDR4 Memory

    Total Available Graphics Memory: 4330 MB

    Dedicated Video Memory: 512 MB

    So can i run Dark Souls with these specs? Or will it just lag constantly and not play.

    submitted by /u/Silver_Griffin98
    [link] [comments]

    can someone please help me out and drop me some souls or on switch?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 04:08 AM PST

    i would really appreciate it

    submitted by /u/Yakariii123
    [link] [comments]

    I ned hep pls

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 08:32 PM PST

    I cant beat ornstien and smough ive tryed like 20 30 ish times and i could not kill a single one can some 1 help (im on ps3 dont know if thats important)

    submitted by /u/i_ned_hep_pls
    [link] [comments]

    What should I do as an INT build?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 03:56 AM PST

    I have some experience with DS1 but never played as a mage. I tried it out today and first thing I did was spending that sweet 2000 souls from the Asylum Demon on more Soul Arrows and what I think for now is my next goal being to free Griggs right? I dunno if anyone is experienced with mages in DS1 you can drop me some tips here I will be very thankful for that

    submitted by /u/k00zakv2
    [link] [comments]

    [XboxOne] Full Co-op + Knight's Honor gifting

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 11:44 PM PST

    After playing this game way too much over the past few weeks, I've finally reached the stage where I only have four achievements left: Divine Weapon, Prayer of a Maiden, Link the Fire, and Dark Soul.

    As some of you all may have already noticed, all the aforementioned achievements synergize perfectly for a single* Faith focused playthrough, which is exactly what I plan to do. Over the next month or so I'll be running through on this faith build [Alexander], and since I find the game to be more fun with its online components, ideally I'll be able to help a few of you that are newer to the game out. My current plan is as follows, listed by boss(es), soul level range, and sign location (all sessions start at 21:00 EST unless stated otherwise):

    • 2/9 ~ Taurus Demon + Gargoyles ~ SL 15 ~ At the first bonfire, next to Solaire's sign

    • 2/11 ~ Moonlight Butterfly ~ SL 20 ~ next to Beatrice's sign

    • 2/13 ~ Capra Demon and Doges + Gaping Dragon ~ SL 30 ~ next to the fog wall, near The Depths Bonfire

    • 2/15 ~ Quelaag ~ SL 35 ~ Near the first Blighttown Bonfire

    • 2/17 ~ Iron Golem ~ SL 40 ~ After the traps just as you reach the upper levels

    • 2/19 ~ The Painted World (Priscilla optional) ~ SL 45 ~ Next to the Bonfire

    • 2/21 ~ Ornstein and Smough ~ SL 50 ~ Near the bonfire that Solaire is resting by

    • 2/23~ Seath the Scaleless ~ SL 60 ~ Next to the Duke's Archives Bonfire

    • 2/25~ Gravelord Nito ~ SL 65 ~ Next to the first Bonfire (near Patches)

    • 2/27~ Sanctuary Guardian + Knight Artorias ~ SL 70 (with at least one maxed out weapon) ~ Next to the first bonfire (duh), after the first bridge

    • 3/1 ~ Manus ~ SL 75 ~ next to the Oolacile Township Bonfire

    • 3/3 ~ Kalameet + Sif ~ SL 75 ~ next to the fog wall, right after the Artorias Seal Door

    • 3/5 ~ Demon Firesage + Centipede Demon ~ SL 75 ~ next to the first bonfire guarded by the millipede demon, next to the fog wall

    • 3/7 ~ The Four Kings ~ SL 80 ~ in the rectangular pool of water between the buildings

    • 3/9 ~ Gwyn ~ SL 85 ~ Just past the ghostly steps

    My Gamertag is Yinyang120, and I'll stick around for about 2 hours or until the summoning dies down, whichever happens first. When it comes to Priscilla, simply use the black crystal to make me leave, or walk through if you want a fight. When it comes to tail cuts, I'll do my best to help you get em', though I will say that Kalameet's is easier to bait out alone.


    This, in turn, leads to the second half of my title, the Knight's Honor gifting! I'm gonna uninstall DSR to make room for the myriad other games on my backlog, and I'm obviously not going to be needing a massive catalog of random weapons for a game that I no longer play, so I'll be dropping every single one of them (and I do mean every weapon in the game, because I can't be bothered to pick through the specific ones) for one lucky skeleton to celebrate getting the final achievement. In an ideal world, said skeleton would then gift the weapons to another, and so on and so forth, but realistically I can't control what you do and I don't really care once they're out of my hands.

    • Probably the day after Gwyn** ~ Knight's Honor Gifting ~ SL 125 Sorcerer [Lysander] ~ Anor Londo on the first bridge

    Join me in my quest to complete this game, or just wait until the end to maybe skip a somewhat obnoxious achievement, the choice is yours!

    *Yes I'm aware I'll have to trade Gwyn's soul for the final miracle in NG+, but I can run to the Sunlight Altar in less than 30 mins

    ** Provided I'm not told to do otherwise by a mod, I'll make another post halfway through (after Ornstein and Smough), and then a final one for the Knight's Honor gift, so people who only care about the latter need not worry about marking their calendars yet.

    submitted by /u/Nezikchened
    [link] [comments]

    Enemy randomizer shenanigans

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 06:23 PM PST

    Using an enemy randomizer for the first time without the fairness settings on! I finally made my way to the capra demon fog gate, walk through, and get charged by a stingray, a dog, and freaking supercharged Smough ready to mess my day up. I already ran into the four kings at Taurus demon so it's going well. Y'all got any good stories?

    submitted by /u/OkamiBen493
    [link] [comments]

    Everyone talks shit about Pinwheel

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 03:34 PM PST

    ...but I can't even find the motherfucker. I know the boss exists and its either on the way to or in "the catacombs" but I have to have done EVERYTHING else in the game by now... and I can't seem to find where the catacombs are.

    Can anyone give me a hint on how to get there without giving it away completely?

    EDIT: LOL @ the replies. Thanks guys... I finally found it. Idk how I missed the staircase on the cliff edge in the graveyard... I swear on my life I checked the graveyard at least 5 times. 😅

    Pinwheel survived 3 whole hits btw. 😂

    submitted by /u/itblikethatsumtimes
    [link] [comments]

    Do a lot of people still play the original even after the remastered got released?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 07:13 PM PST

    Asking out of curiosity

    submitted by /u/cyber_junkeys
    [link] [comments]

    I made a Darksign coaster in my ceramics class last month.

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 02:41 PM PST

    No DLCs for me :(

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 01:57 AM PST

    I was so disappointed when I realised that I couldnt make the dlcs anymore after killing Gwyn. It happened in DS Remastered. In my opinion they had to patch it into the remastered version of the game that it doesnt put you automatically into NG+. I know I can make the DLCs here but I am just not an NG+ player.

    submitted by /u/CrucioDG
    [link] [comments]

    How do you do actual damage with the straight sword hilt?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 01:37 AM PST

    I'm making a hilt build because I hate myself and it would be nice to know the best upgrades for this weapon.

    submitted by /u/WesselvLooy
    [link] [comments]

    There Was A Man Named Andrew

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 11:31 AM PST

    Let me tell you a tale, of me and andrew: i was in the darkroot garden, just, existing, when this man named andrew invaded me, truly afraid i was, for i was unquestionable bad at ds1 pvp. But, the moment i saw him and he did the "what is it?!" gesture i knew i was with someone who just wanted to have fun, we had good times together, we even had the same set(havel's), we was a cool blue phantom, but them, someone else invaded and i was too slow, he backstabbed andrew and killed him, i was truly devastaded, and fought against that vile being, and for the first time, i won a pvp match. Andrew, if you are still there, i hope you can see this...

    Im the "Seiya_Gado" guy, btw

    submitted by /u/the_gado_master
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment