• Breaking News

    Monday, February 24, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 10:11 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The world of Lordran is a limbo where every era of civilization and life exist in one location, the earliest era (Prehistoric Ash Lake) at the lowest reaches of the world, and the twilight of civilization (Empty Anor Londo) at the summit of the world.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 10:53 AM PST

    These means that as you travel further down or further upward in space, you are either going forward and backwards in the realms history. The deeper you travel, the more primitive the world becomes. Travel below Blighttown and you enter Izalith, an ancient city full of the most primal pyromancys--in Blightowns time period so much time has passed that the fire has cooled.

    Inversly, you travel higher through the realm and you find advanced technology, knights from medieval kingdoms, and golems.

    I like to imagine that, in a aworld where nothing can perminently die, the cycle of evolution just grew ontop of its self, with gods, cave men, knights, automatae and prehisotric dragons existing side by side.

    submitted by /u/IcarusAblaze12
    [link] [comments]

    I Killed Andre accidentally. Should I really restart game?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 10:23 PM PST

    I accidentally pressed the wrong button and he started to attack me.

    As I didn't know about the pay for your sins thing, I killed him, without knowing there was no way to bring him back to life.

    I have just killed Sif and the Butterfly and I have Ornstein's weapon.

    Is it really worth for me to restart or shall I rush to finish the game and meet Andre again on NG+?

    submitted by /u/DynamoJaeger
    [link] [comments]

    this game is the GOAT in my opinion

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 01:00 AM PST

    so i just beat dark souls a couple of days ago and im already on my second playthrough and i have the say, this game might be the best fantasy game i have played (and just best in general). i love everything about it.

    coming from sekiro and bloodborne (my first fromsoft games) the transition to this game was pretty hard, but i got used to it eventually. the combat is very slow compared to sekiro and bloodborne but still enjoyed just as much. theres a lot of variety with magic, pyromancy and miracles and lot of different weapons. while shields weren't my thing at first but i grew to like using them overtime.

    since fantasy is my favourite genre ( in particular medieval) what really drew me to dark souls was the medieval setting and world. what makes so the world of dark souls so good is that its really bleak, everything feels hopeless, you enter a world where civilization was wiped out long time ago and the only things inhabit it are monsters. the atmosphere of this game is masterful and really the world of this game is probably my favorite now.

    the lore and worldbuilding is also probably the best i have seen in a game too. i spent hours upon hours reading the lore of this game and i dont think i can get enough of it, the characters and their stories i could connect more than the other characters in the other games man its so damn heartbreaking. the lore is so vast and im still learning new things about the lore of this game and thats like in one game (can be said for the others too). man this games lore is deep.

    overall dark souls is a bloody work of art and my new GOAT for sure, i can see why this game is as popular and praised as it is. it definitely deserves it.

    submitted by /u/InterestingDevice2
    [link] [comments]

    I did it...I finally beat Dark Souls after 3 years...I’m crying...

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 10:30 AM PST

    I started crying when I sacrificed myself for the Age of Fire to begin anew again...

    This game was phenomenal.

    It is officially my favorite game series I've ever played in my entire life.

    I loved the story. Everything that happened along the way. Meeting Solaire and Siegmeyer, just two souls who were trying to make it through like I was.

    The awesome summons that helped me along the way. Who made me not give up.

    Everyone who's every believed in me, from the last post I made, thank you. Especially my father who stressed patience and simple execution. Playing by the rules and changing things by going through what everyone must go through.

    So many have tried and failed and I'm glad to be amongst the ranks of those who triumphed.

    Again, I can not thank everyone enough for helping me.

    I feel closure.

    Even though my best friend says I'm dead to him, I forgive him. The blessing he bestowed on me was this series, and I will always be grateful.

    I ended up getting my axe to +14 and using the black knight shield wherever I could for certain attacks while rolling in others. Always rolling for distance, not sideways, and always staying level headed regardless of how strong and weak I am.

    It took 6 tries.

    I will forever be humble and near nothing but I will recognize my accomplishments.

    Thanks so much dudes...hugs or fist bumps whichever you may choose...

    Previous Post:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/f822lo/i_cant_beat_this_gameand_i_probably_never_fg_will/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

    submitted by /u/TheStockyScholar
    [link] [comments]

    Rang the second bell!

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 06:44 PM PST

    Blight town tested my patience some to the point that I had to take a small break (1-2 weeks). Came back and knocked it out! Praise the sun! Haha ... got back to Firelink to find that the fire keeper is dead/missing?! This game ... haha ... it's been very challenging and buggy (though I think the bugs are features to increase the difficulty) ... might grind out a bit more to level up before going further ... anyway thanks for reading!

    submitted by /u/Tango_27
    [link] [comments]

    I had this encounter in the Township with a backstab fisher, thought I'd share!

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 01:11 AM PST

    I had a few fights with this person only dying because they would try nothing but backstabs. After a few frustrating fights, I decided to try and counter and it totally worked! lol

    Here's the clip!

    submitted by /u/KyleTheNoble
    [link] [comments]

    Dragonslayer Orstein Fanart!

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 07:30 PM PST

    Finished Dark Souls for the first time last week and decided to make some fanart, starting with Dragonslayer Orstein!
    https://imgur.com/a/IrBDa4Y

    What do you think? Who should I work on next?

    submitted by /u/lehmannthiago
    [link] [comments]

    I believe the art and landscapes of the game were definitely inspired by this artist

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 04:13 AM PST

    His name is Zdzislaw Beksinski, he was a surreal polish painter who painted these hellish landscapes, almost 50 a year his entire life.

    Many of his landscapes include corpses, floating buildings or buildings that look haunted on the outside. Demonic figures dominate most of the paintings either as the main character or as background.

    The thing about the souls series is it's clear to me from videos about the lore from content creators like Vaatividya, that there is intent in the design of the games. Beksinski never gave names or meanings for his paintings, so if they were to be recreated in a Souls-like game meaning would have to be left out.

    Here is a YouTube video showcasing some of his best. https://youtu.be/hFC20XFwAxU

    You can also find a high definition gallery of his stuff, but he painted so much you could easily not find his best stuff. Definitely look for a video and share your thoughts and impressions.

    submitted by /u/kahmos
    [link] [comments]

    Lord of Inker

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 01:48 PM PST

    Is dark souls still a challenge with just the base game without the expansions?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 06:48 PM PST

    I wish Miyazaki would answer all the lore questions

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 03:17 AM PST

    I used to love talking about the lore mysteries with people on this sub but considering there won't be anymore dark souls (atleast for a while) i wish he'd just answer all our lore questions. All the questions and theories are pointless if at the end of the day well never k ow the truth

    submitted by /u/Boop121314
    [link] [comments]

    Chasing my first run Hype

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 02:57 AM PST

    Nothing beats a virgin Dark Souls run, nothing can beat the fear, excitement, the frustration etc of your first Dark Souls playthrough, but today I came very very close

    I normally only play as the Knights in DS and then spec some points in faith or intelligence to give me a bit of magic, but this time I've gone fully pyro and turned the brightness way waaay down and it actually feels like a whole new game. The combat style is so unfamiliar that I go to areas where I almost know the mob locations by heart, and yet I'm worriedly trying to plan out my progress through that area, boss fights are so much harder because of projectile prediction on my shots, when I finally defeated the Abyss Watchers I was more excited this time than I was the other 4 or 5 times I defeated them, it feels good.

    I may not get the same hype as I did from my first DS3 playthrough, but going for a totally alien class and a small visual change really has made it a totally different game

    submitted by /u/RubberDucksickle
    [link] [comments]

    So......why is anor londo so hostile to their "chosen one"?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 06:27 PM PST

    I mean I know the while ringing both bells and going through sens fortress isnt a 100% absolute way of knowing if the person is the fitting piece, so it makes sense that they are hostile on your way to see Gwynevere. But even after killing smough and ornstein and claiming your lord vessel, being seen as the chosen one, anor londo still hates your guts and every guard, knight, demon, ect. Has no qualms decorating the floor with your blood stain. So I have to ask, what gives with them? Do they spit on the prophecy of the age of fire continuing or something?!

    submitted by /u/Sir_Kibbz
    [link] [comments]

    Yoooo

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 08:34 PM PST

    If youre out there, Poofighter IV on DSR on the Switch, thank you for the drops, have a blessed journey undead

    submitted by /u/Vegito_Rulez_420
    [link] [comments]

    Four Kings I can't do this anymore

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 04:02 AM PST

    lvl12 +5 BSS They violated me so much, O&S I could deal with after 3 hours but this this is too much. I did a +10 lvl 20 a while ago and I was somehow able to deal with them, this time though. They are harder than ceaseless with his one shot bs. It hurts so much dealing 38dmg per hit no resin left. Just thinking about artorias, manus, kalameet makes my stomach and forehead hurt.

    submitted by /u/j1r0n1m0
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have a boss that causes them endless grief, but the community seems to breeze through them?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 05:25 PM PST

    Cause Gwyndolin, f@@$ing Gwyndolin, is the absolute bane of my Souls existence. On my most recent play through, I killed O&S on my second try, so I'm thinking I'm getting half way decent. It took me almost 15 tries to down The freakin Dark Sun.

    submitted by /u/primalbard
    [link] [comments]

    Spending Humanity and Intelligence

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 01:58 AM PST

    I am a beginner in Dark Souls (and I haven't played any similar game) and I am enjoying it a lot. I have a couple of questions. I'm leveling up endurance mostly with a bit of dex, strength, and vitality thrown in. Should I level up intelligence to 10 to be able to use some spells? Or are they a bit useless if you're not an specialized mage?

    Also, I've been playing at 0 humanity so far, should I spend my humanities to have 10 and increase my item discovery ratios or is it better to kindle the bonfires?

    Thanks and sorry for the english

    submitted by /u/ShaunThat
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get my friend into the game

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 04:04 PM PST

    Me and my friend play a lot of games together and I really live dark souls I've been playing for a long time and every time I get him to play he rages and deletes the game until he tries again 3 months late. Anyone here got tips to help him out?

    submitted by /u/dat1guy696969
    [link] [comments]

    Why Dark Souls Needs To Be Difficult - Video

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 02:42 PM PST

    How do i buy / farm Transient curse AFTER I kill the 4 Kings?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 09:16 PM PST

    So I need to farm titanite chunks and I was planning on farming them from the guys in New Londo but at some point a bunch of ghosts show up and I only have 1 transient curse left. I thought that I could buy more from Ingward but apparently he gets all emo and says that his "job is all done" after you deal with the 4 kings.

    does anyone know where i can get more of these transient curses without having to risk using my last one to farm these ghosts for me?

    Or does anyone know another alternative method to farming titanite chunks?

    submitted by /u/Necrodumancy
    [link] [comments]

    Capra demon made me uninstall

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 11:09 AM PST

    I'm a new player. I like challenging games, but the Capra demon really rustled my jimmies. Somehow I managed to pull through the taurus demon and the bell gargoyles, and I even killed the damn titanite demon that guards darkroot garden. The thing about the boss that made me quit the game is not the fight itself, and not the fact that he fucks me as soon as I enter the fog gate, more the fact that I need to run there every single time I die, even with the shortcut it's extremely tedious. I died almost 40 times and it finally struck a nerve, making me uninstall the game.

    Has anyone had similar experiences before they mastered this game? Or is this game just not for people like me that rage uninstall games after they can't handle it?

    Please tell me I'm not the only one. ALso this isn't me saying that the game is bad, I love the game, I'm just shit at it

    submitted by /u/zyx012
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat Ornstein and Smough alone on my third try.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 02:40 PM PST

    This was last night, and it felt pretty satisfying knowing I was able to take on two bosses without Solaire or other players.

    Even better, I took down Smough first then Ornstein second and got the Leo Ring.

    I'm currently on my third play-through and both times, I couldn't beat them without help.

    I have a pretty decent build, wearing Elite Armor +10, with the Grass Crest Shield and the Zweihander +15 practically carrying me through the game.

    Patience was the key for me to beating them, and it was frustrating singling out Smough to take a swing at him while Ornstein slapped me silly with his staggering moves and zipping around to catch up to me.

    It took a while for me to learn to dodge his new moves since I never fought him in his other phase. Even in the previous play-throughs, Ornstein was always the first to take out.

    The grabs. I just couldn't dodge in time because he was so tall to see him thrust his spear. His grab also followed me before he swung and all I could do was sigh as I watched my character pancake on the floor after he tossed me like a rag doll.

    I popped my last humanity after having depleted all my Sunny D before pulling a Leroy to strike the final blow and it was done. Ornstein was no more.

    Also, Gwynevere. Can't get tired of that Amazing Chest Ahead.

    Thanks for reading my long post, just wanted to share it with this great community.

    submitted by /u/Opt_Church
    [link] [comments]

    Who is the most 3d dimensional character in this game?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 08:18 PM PST

    Pick a character like solaire and give examples about why the character is not 1 dimensional

    submitted by /u/usernames-are-trash-
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment