• Breaking News

    Monday, February 24, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 10:14 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    What is wrong with Drangleic?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 03:00 AM PST

    While I do have a fairly good grip on the various characters and overarching plot of the past, it is the kingdom that still eludes me.

    What's wrong with Drangleic? Why is it that various people with no prior connection to each other end up there and, with time, forget why they came? Sure, it could he a side-effect of the curse, but even those unaffected seem to forget. Plus, that wasn't really an issue in DS1. That happened even before everything went downhill. We can assume that Velstadt was originally from Shulva, then came to Drangleic and forgot why he came. I mean, it almost feels like temporal distortion. You go there, you get trapped in a perpetual state of stagnation until you forget and give up.

    Then there's the original reason why folks came. It almost feels like they were compelled to go.

    When looking at Lordran in DS1, we know that Gwyndolin was behind plenty of the illusions surrounding Anor Londo, and Izalith blew up because of the ritual. The rest, however, seemed to be a consequence of the dying flame. In DS2, we also have the issue of the dying flame and many of the same consequences, like undead and everything in ruins. Well, and that new thing.

    Looking at the persumed world geography, Drangleic is persumably somewhat isolated from the other kingdoms by bodies of water (with all the talks about sailing everywhere, etc.). It could explain why it was contained there, if it was an issue that was unique to the kingdom.

    So is that another consequence of the flame dying, or are there other things going on? If so, what?

    submitted by /u/corny40k
    [link] [comments]

    Parrying the Pursuer

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 06:41 AM PST

    Most times I just dodge roll out of his way, but for Return to Drangleic I decided I would try to parry.

    It went pretty well. Although I caught a few hits in the face...

    submitted by /u/CushionyTengis
    [link] [comments]

    A Message To All Blue Sentinels - BE PROUD - We Are The Shield That Guard The Realms of Men

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 09:56 AM PST

    IF YOU ARE A BLUE - SHARE YOUR WISDOM HERE:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGTnAYUekHs

    submitted by /u/S7-Gaming
    [link] [comments]

    Cheats?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 05:39 AM PST

    So I just got invaded in Shaded ruins by some guy called Rat Tail. He killed me by hitting me once with a whip. The attack not only one shotted me but also broke all my armour and rings. I hit him a few times before he killed me and he seemed to be taking a normal amount of damage. Was he using a modded weapon or something? For reference I'm SL 85, full +10 Alonne Knight set, VGR 15. Do you guys think he was cheating or is it just some kind it insane stat and gear set up?

    submitted by /u/tobgyew
    [link] [comments]

    Is the xbox server down for SotFS?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 12:36 PM PST

    It is saying that the Dark Souls II service is unavailable.

    submitted by /u/GiftOfHemroids
    [link] [comments]

    [PS4] Not seeing any summon signs, not being summoned, not being invaded.

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 01:32 PM PST

    Just picked up a copy of the game last night for the RTD event. First time I've played this game. Have played DS1, DS3, Bloodborne, Nioh, and Sekiro so pretty well versed in the style. Enjoying the game so far.

    Only problem is I can't see any summon signs anywhere. I haven't been getting invaded, either. When I put down my summon sign, I never get summoned.

    My soul memory is about 96k. I've beaten the rat army boss, some giant without a face, and three tall skinny ruin knight things. My guy looks like a zombie and next to the helmet in the 'Player Info' menu screen, it says "Deprived" though I think that's my starting class as well.

    Am I doing something wrong?

    submitted by /u/syizm
    [link] [comments]

    is pursuers any good? like the fashion but dont know if there are better ultra

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 07:58 AM PST

    making a ugs build for rtd since i havent before, i need something good for pvp heavy play that can also take out bosses, id like a boss soul weapon but it doesnt have to be

    also does the stone ring serve a purpose for ugs, like being able to stun some bosses?

    submitted by /u/assassingamerxx
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: In DS2, the Ring of Life Protection can be repaired.

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 11:05 AM PST

    Go see Felkin and pick one up. Unlike Ds1 and Ds3 the ring, when broken, can be repaired and used again to keep your humanity and souls safe.

    This, when properly maintained, will save you from having to spend those effigies. Especially when stuck at bosses and needing to summon.

    Get invaded at a bad time and really don't wanna gamble your progress? Pop on the ring.

    submitted by /u/GoldenGekko
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone up for low leveled blue sentinel pvp?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 09:50 AM PST

    PS4, SM 100k

    submitted by /u/Jokutoinen123
    [link] [comments]

    Why did Fume Knight skip phase 1 and go straight into phase 2?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 12:32 PM PST

    I just beat Fume Knight for the first time. I had heard people talking about "avoiding phase 2" and I had seen pictures of him with two swords, but when the fight started he automatically got the dual hand glowing sword. Why did that happen?

    submitted by /u/jormahoo
    [link] [comments]

    Should I make my character lemon themed for return to drangleic?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 12:29 PM PST

    Starting a day late since I got back from camping yesterday. What items should I use to have the biggest lemon energy?

    submitted by /u/waytoomanylemons
    [link] [comments]

    what are the most OP PvE builds in DS2?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 11:33 AM PST

    So I'm someone who has DS3 pretty much locked down mechanically, I've experimented with tons of builds and I know what feels the best and where and I know I really enjoy the feeling of finally finishing an OP build and stomping with it. I haven't quite got to that point with DS2, though I am learning.

    My current sorcery build feels pretty lame honestly, even with 50 int and the staff of wisdom my spells have not exactly shot off like a rocket in terms of DPS, unlike magic in ds3 which can be ridiculous.

    I have also heard that faith has been similarly beaten down with the nerf hammer in DS2, so what about hexes or pyro? I've seen strike weapons are pretty strong in DS2 so maybe those are worth my time?

    Like I said, I just don't really have the knowledge base in DS2 yet so I'd like to ask the veterans, what builds will make me feel the most massively OP in PvE?

    submitted by /u/Frogsplosion
    [link] [comments]

    An illusory wall bug in Memory of Orro

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 08:26 AM PST

    This is my favourite way to kill the Persuer!

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 10:54 AM PST

    Persuer Skip (Cheese)

    This cheese is so easy to do and it's literally the only way I kill the Persuer at the first encounter now. It's a lot less rewarding but I think it's more fun.

    Just be wary, even though you still get the Ring of Blades and The Soul of the Persuer, you don't get any actual Souls from it.

    Even though I'm not good at speed running, I love practicing the strats.

    submitted by /u/SoulsBourkiro
    [link] [comments]

    a RTD invasion w my first hex build, these spells can be crazy useful in the right situation...rip white summon who couldnt save 2 different hosts back to back

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 02:26 PM PST

    Any interesting builds to use to kick off Return to Drangleic with?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 09:25 PM PST

    Have played through the game a few times and was wondering what a fun build would be to do that I can blaze through the game with

    submitted by /u/Mister_Dipster
    [link] [comments]

    How Do I Learn to Love This Game?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 05:41 AM PST

    I've completed DS1, 3 and most of Bloodborne. I can only play this game for a short amount of time per day before wanting to rip my eyes out.

    I'm SL50, have beaten the Pursuer, Last Giant and the Dragonrider, and I used the Fragrant Branch of Yore in the mini Pursuer room at Lost Bastille to unfreeze the pyromancy lady by the guy with what looks like the Holy Moonlight Greatsword to get to what I'm assuming is the forest area with the invisible backstabbing people, so I seem to have a few choices of where I want to head next.

    I got stuck in No-Man's Wharf for a good while before beating the Pursuer trying the good ol' run past all the enemies trick to get on the ghost ship which this area was clearly built to make impossible but now I'm trying to get into the Cathedral of Blue to get my Not-Darkmoon Blades covenant, but it feels exhausting, painful and infuriating.

    Yes, I have SotFS, no I did not realise that there would be any differences until after I started playing and read up on it, I just assumed it was the same as 'Prepare to Die' etc. I feel like every battle is just a toil, I understand it's a lot more methodical and slower paced than 1 and especially 3 but I'm hating it. Backtracking for souls is torture especially when I have to lure out these stupid little golden knight guys with their bs flailing attacks and backstab-blocking move. I managed to get past them all and under the red dragon once, ONCE, and was happy to see I did HUGE damage to it. I was killed by the group of bullshit knight guys who'd chased me though.

    I spent the next 10-20 mins slowly going through the process of killing every. Last. Enemy. Leading up to the dragon, but the dragon woke up before I could get anywhere close to it and got killed by the fire breath.

    Try again. Get nudged off bridge by bullshit knight guy simply stepping in my direction. Put controller down to take a deep breath, a few levels worth of souls down the drain. Try again. Get invaded when I'm halfway through clearing the area, forgetting you can be invaded while Hollow. I am not in the mood and consider jumping off closest ledge to just get guy to fuck off but change my mind thinking it'd be good practise if I get invaded in later areas. Invader doesn't even gesture or anything, just one shots me with some massive overkill pyromancy explosion. Literally fuck you, whoever you were. Does that make you feel accomplished, guy?

    How. How how how do I learn to love this game? Is there a point where it sort of clicks and it becomes a million times more enjoyable? Idk about anyone else but reaching Anor Londo felt that way for me in DS1. I wanted to give this game a chance but the horrendous controls, artificial difficulty spike in just shoving more enemies in an area and weirdly stiff-but-floaty combat are driving me insane.

    And inb4 anyone says to 'git gud' haha, very funny, literally when has that helped anyone?

    I'm begging anyone for any actual advice, because I really do want to enjoy this game and play it through!

    submitted by /u/Jaeger-of-Freiheit
    [link] [comments]

    Question about seed of a tree of giants

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 12:25 PM PST

    Am I considered a dick if I use it on an invader? I don't like pvp. Only reason I play online is cuz I love playing Co op,its super satisfying. But I had a dude that invaded me, sending me a hat email cuz I used the seed. Poor bastard invaded me at aldia's keep near the boss and I accidentally had all the hipo-cyclops freed

    So, yeah, my question still stands

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    Return to Drangleic working out pretty well

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 02:37 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/QuFPwpo

    At this rate I should be able to reach rank 3 achieve nothing before it ends!

    I still like to pop in with the Ring of the Living on, greet someone warmly, drop an effigy or two... Then take the ring off, bow, and duel. I'll leave arena for later.

    submitted by /u/ozziezombie
    [link] [comments]

    ive been banging my head against lost sinner for awhile

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 08:31 AM PST

    i use a spear build with heide spear +7 and drangleic shield but shes too fast for me to hit reliably without punishment. i was thinking of trying ricards rapier with poison infusion. is it worth it?

    submitted by /u/ugfiol
    [link] [comments]

    The Generous Phantom: A Return to Drangleic Story

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 11:58 AM PST

    While participating in Return to Drangleic, I summoned a phantom at Heide's Tower of Flame to help my low level sorcery build fight the Dragonrider. I guess the phantom saw what build I was going for and felt generous, so he dropped +5 versions of the Moonlight Greatsword, the Blue Flame, the Blue Dagger, and the Ice Rapier, all magic infused.

    Being dumb, I forgot to write down this person's name, so I don't know who to thank, but thank you, Skeleton.

    And thank you, return to Drangleic.

    submitted by /u/dova_bear
    [link] [comments]

    Pyro PvP

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 11:57 AM PST

    Hello, i have a question for you. One of my friends want play with a pyro dex build but i havent any idea. I know the basics(soft cap of the flame ecc) and nothing else. He want play a fast weapon with low stats requirements like the thrusting swords. There is on the net a competitive pyro build like the ravens pyro build for ds3?

    submitted by /u/SilverOly
    [link] [comments]

    Invasions

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 07:41 AM PST

    So I mostly play PvE on Souls Games. PvP just has never interested me (which after this last encounter, it might). I'm a stupid high soul level while still on NG (221 I think) cause I make a point to farm enemies until they disappear. I seriously just wanna be as OP as possible. However! I was recently invaded (which surprised me cause the way I understand it, the higher SL you are the more out of reach for multiplayer you become).

    My question is...why? That may sound stupid, but I was running through Shulva in-between the first two Bonfires. Is that some kind of PvP area that I wasn't aware of? I know there are specific areas like Belfry and Rat King where PvP is normal, but why in the middle of a random area was I invaded? It's a little bit frustrating to get invaded at random when I have my farming equipment on. Covetous Rings and armor that increases Soul Gain, rather than stuff that actually provides decent protection or buffs.

    The good news is that I killed him. :) He got on top of the bridge of towers that move up and down before the second Bonfire. I baited him into getting on one that is hard to get off, and then lowered it so he couldn't escape. Easy pickings for Dark Orb. Remember, play smarter, not harder.

    Edit: Also, a secondary question not requiring a new post, why are the rewards for killing an invader not worth anything? I received one Effigy for killing an invader. This is the main reason I stayed away from PvP. The cost/risk/reward seems way off. I potentially (if I had died on my last run while doing PvE) could've been killed by the Invader at an inopportune time and lost all of my souls (which at this point requires over 100,000 to level up once). What's the point of me playing online if this is the cost?

    submitted by /u/badkennyfly
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment