• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 23, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 10:11 PM PST

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Frigid Outskirts.

    Summoned into a gank squad on the Iron Keep Bridge? Died to Fume Knight for the 100th time? Think you're getting boned by SOTFS?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    R2D PSA: Remember to “Nullify Human Effigy’s Effects” at the bonfire after boss kills!

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 06:51 AM PST

    For everybody participating in return to Drangleic, don't forget that you get a "buff" after beating bosses that lasts 30 minutes and PREVENTS any invasions or friendly coop.

    You can disable it by "nullifying human effigy's effect" at any bonfire. For the longest time I thought this would make me hollow or something (who would want to nullify the effect of this helpful item, after all?). But, it's just the mechanic for burning effigys at bonfires, which has nothing to do with hollowing and everything to do with blocking online interaction.

    The more you know!

    See you out there!!

    -Ps4 Guts Cosplay named "WheresGriffith"

    submitted by /u/Shakahulu
    [link] [comments]

    Found this gem (Factory Sealed) at a thrift store for $3!

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 06:55 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/lu45ddp

    what a find, even included a steel case and a soundtrack CD!

    submitted by /u/Dis9942
    [link] [comments]

    To the host who summoned me in No Mans Wharf

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 07:21 PM PST

    I'm... I'm sorry. I got cocky and gestured after our final kill before the ship. "Pumped up" took me dangerously close to the edge so I panic-rolled backwards... to my death.

    I put my sign down again on the bridge but was never summoned back. I can only hope it's because you soloed Flexile Sentry and moved onto the Lost Bastille, and not because you passed over my sign on the way back to the fog, scoffing at my pitiful persistence.

    submitted by /u/_RIZZO_
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: light the windmill

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 01:00 PM PST

    It's the easiest thing in the world to do and pays dividends for later.

    I've been dropping summon signs to help people with Mytha and have seen TOO many boss rooms full of poison.

    submitted by /u/GoldenGekko
    [link] [comments]

    Still PvP players PS3 ?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 10:28 AM PST

    Spoiler alert: DS2 is actually really fun

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 12:53 AM PST

    DS2 gets a lot of hate online, with people trashing it as "the worst Dark Souls" and whatnot. Honestly, it was enough to keep me away from the game for years.

    But you know what? I finally picked it up and am playing through with a couple of friends, and we're really having a good time. The world design is interesting, there are beautiful locations, and it's definitely challenging but feeling pretty fair so far.

    Now, it definitely "feels" different, in terms of the character and camera controls, than DS1/DS3/Bloodborne, but you get used to it and it becomes no big deal. There are other "differences for the sake of being different" but they, also, are not that big a deal (at least so far). And there are some things that only DS2 does, and that's kind of neat from a novelty perspective.

    Anyways, just wanted to say that I'm very glad I gave DS2 a chance, and that I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. I've played a little bit of Demon's Souls (DeS) and in many ways, the early areas of DS2 remind me quite a lot of it. It's a pretty cool experience so far, and looking forward to what comes next.

    submitted by /u/surfimp
    [link] [comments]

    To the shade of Cardinal Tower Bonfire

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 10:55 AM PST

    To the shade who gave me the +10 pyromancy flame at the cardinal tower bonfire you are the most baller dude ever

    submitted by /u/Brekker-k
    [link] [comments]

    I have question

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 12:11 PM PST

    How it's posible because I'm have estus flask +5 and I'm have another bone dust how it posible?

    submitted by /u/egzekutor198
    [link] [comments]

    Invaded and killed by Giant DAD not even 2 hours into this RtD run

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 12:46 AM PST

    It's good to be back.

    THE LEGEND NEVER DIES

    submitted by /u/IdToaster
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot connect on Xbone?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 11:27 AM PST

    No matter how many times I try on my console or my friends console, neither of us can join online. It always just says DSII servers arent available, is this a common issue? Is there a fix?

    submitted by /u/Xxx_2jz_xxX
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you Travelling Merchant!!

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 11:34 PM PST

    So I started a character named 'Alonne Knight' for the Return to Drangleic 2020 event. Decided to try an Alonne Knight cosplay run. Had just reached Heide's Tower when I was "invaded" by someone called 'Travelling merchant'. He waved at me and then dropped off a full +10 Alonne Set along with a +10 Blacksteel Katana. Then he jumped off a cliff. Just wanted to say thank you merchant man. You let me enjoy my themed run so much earlier than expected and totally made my day. May the sun ever shine upon you!! /toast

    submitted by /u/tobgyew
    [link] [comments]

    Onion armor

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 12:55 PM PST

    I can get onion armor without farming or trade like in chest or something?

    submitted by /u/egzekutor198
    [link] [comments]

    Does finishing the base game automatically go into NG+?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 10:29 AM PST

    I've been attempting the DLC before finishing the main game and Brume Tower is making me start to hate the game. I did get through the tower (after at least 10-15 hours of slow grind) only to be ganked by dozens more enemies in the damn cave. Really tired of overpowered enemies that take all my ammo to kill and also really hard to run by because of their numbers and the tight environment.

    So I don't end up rage quitting, I think I'm going to go back to the main game but don't want the DLC to be NG+ when I finish. Please tell me it won't be...I seem to remember this being the way it worked with DS (where I was able to finish the DLC before the main game)

    submitted by /u/zer0_mass
    [link] [comments]

    Return to Drangleic Xbox 360?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 07:02 AM PST

    I keep seeing people talk about how active the game is for this event. I'm not seeing anyone. Is this just because nobody's using Xbox 360 anymore?

    submitted by /u/doitforjohnnyOK
    [link] [comments]

    Most active boss for sunbros?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 08:09 AM PST

    I'm looking to engage in some jolly cooperation. I was at the flexible sentry for a while last night and had some success. I'm thinking I might be too high level for it now though. Lv 62 Soul Memory 278674

    submitted by /u/DecoyOctopus7
    [link] [comments]

    Sorry guy before great value ornstein

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 11:43 AM PST

    I was trying to point to the treasure right before fake ornstein so the host wouldnt miss it but I did the welcome gesture and was like ah crap so I tried to back step to cancel it but it rolled me forward and I fell off the side and died...ugh I must have looked so dumb. Happy RTD everybody

    submitted by /u/lowcarson98
    [link] [comments]

    Difficulty Spike

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 09:10 AM PST

    I've been replaying this recently and just got to No-Man's Wharf. Maybe because I'm actively trying not to die this time around, but this area was more difficult than I remember it being.

    Is there an area you feel has a steep spike in difficulty compared to the area directly before it?

    submitted by /u/ZippityDooDoo
    [link] [comments]

    Help troubleshooting coop (ps4 sotfs)

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 08:49 AM PST

    Hi guys, just got into DS2 a few weeks ago and love it. Usually I only play Soulsborne games coop with my good buddy since it's our only way to hang out being on different sides of the US and all.

    Last night we suddenly became unable to see each others summon signs and it made us give up on trying to play coop. I am making this post to see if anyone has any troubleshooting tips/ideas.

    Here's the gist: We were cooping fine in the undead crypt until the second bonfire (before the Aegis knight), we decided to head to Majula to burn all of our boss souls to level up (we don't really care for the transposing stuff). After we did that, we were unable to see each other's summon signs in the undead crypt.

    Our soul memories are 1,820,000 and 1,890,000 respectively. We verified that we had the same god on the name engraved ring. Both of us were unhollowed. Both had cross region enabled. Both of our games were online (we could see player bloodstains and messages). We had not defeated the Aegis knight either. We tried using both white sign and small white sign soap stone. Neither of us are in a covenant.

    I'm at a loss of what to do, anyone have a similar experience?

    submitted by /u/tolstoy425
    [link] [comments]

    Coming back to Dark Souls 2 and how bad it feels compared to other Soulsborne games

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 10:40 AM PST

    I recently bought and beat Dark Souls Remastered. I beat Midir naked on DS3. I beat all three final bosses of Bloodborne. I beat Dark Souls 3 without any armor, while doing 10 dumbbell lifts on each hands when I die. I returned to Sekiro and finally got to the last boss fight.

    Now with the Return to Drangleic event incoming, I downloaded DS2 again. I remembered that last time I beat DS2 I hated the gameplay, but there were interesting locations. I wished that I would like it more when I come back, but whoooo boyyy... I came back to my old character on SL 130 and I fucking hate this gameplay. It feels so clunky. I feel miserable while trying to play this. I don't understand how I managed to beat this game once without just deleting it.

    My biggest gripes are how they destroyed the roll i-frames. Whenever I play a Soulsborne game, I don't use shields. I'm a total roll dodge guy. It feels terrible when you roll at correct time but get hit. My other gripe is how annoying and slow the combat is. It's so easy to miss your attack even if the enemy doesn't even dodge it on purpose.

    Edit: also no disrespect to people who like DS2. I'm just writing my opinion on it as a no-shielder.

    Please instead of downvoting all my comments, tell your opinion...

    submitted by /u/jormahoo
    [link] [comments]

    Rant: Lud and Zallen are probably the worst boss fight I’ve encountered in any souls game. Period.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 03:01 AM PST

    Title says it all.

    I've been dying over and over for the past two hours trying to kill these stupid fucking cats. It's already bad enough that you have to go through frigid outskirts to even get a chance at fighting them. As a matter of fact, I think the boss at the end of this area is what makes it such a bad area to me. I've wasted so many supplies on these two, summoned all the NPCs I could, AND I STILL MANAGE TO FUCKING DIE EVEN WHEN THEY'RE FIXATED ON MY SUMMONS. I'm laughing right now while I type this because I'm hysterical at the moment lol. But for real, I've never witnessed such a poorly designed boss in my life. I know Bed of Chaos is probably considered the worst amongst the community, but I give props to it for being creative. It's a shit type of creative, but still creative nonetheless. But these two are legit RESKINS OF A BOSS THATS ALREADY IN THE DLC. And the fact that these two deal such insane amounts of damage infuriates me. I get that they have much less health than Aava, but holy shit the fact that I die in TWO hits is such bullshit, and I don't have enough time to drink an Estus because the animation in this game is too goddamn slow! I upgraded my ADP but it still isn't enough.

    Whoever is responsible for designing Frigid Outskirts & Lud and Zallen deserves to be fired from FromSoft in my opinion.

    Okay sorry about that y'all I had to get that off of my chest because my blood pressure is boiling right now.

    I hope you all have fun returning to Drangleic.

    submitted by /u/Ogg360
    [link] [comments]

    Important Item Advice for first playthrough

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 06:46 AM PST

    Hello everybody! I'm brand new to Dark Souls in general, and especially new to DS2. I am playing SOTFS edition on Xbox One. I started DSR in January and played through up to NG+4 before moving on to this.

    I am doing a blind playthrough, but I am asking for some people's advice on things that i wouldn't want to miss on the first playthrough that could be overlooked normally. For example, in DSR you only have 1 opportunity to get things like the Tin Crystallization Catalyst, and it's very difficult to get without knowing each of the steps necessary. I intend on playing this at least through NG++ and I want to make sure I don't miss out on any once-per-play opportunities that are "important". You don't have to explain any advice given unless you feel it needs more context. I will come back to the post and check up on any advice given and then look things up from there and figure out how to acquire them.

    To anybody who's gotten this far and/or willing to give advice , it is a huge help for me, and I sincerely appreciate it and will certainly use your advice.

    Thanks everybody! any other tips + advice are welcome, too. but try to keep it spoiler-free unless absolutely necessary. Thanks so much!!! honored to be apart of this community!

    submitted by /u/_trashcan
    [link] [comments]

    What's the advantage of humanity?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 02:00 PM PST

    Besides restoring health bar an co-op summons? 70-80% through the game and I hardly use them...

    submitted by /u/zer0_mass
    [link] [comments]

    figured why this game is suddenly so active

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 02:30 AM PST

    Started a new run a few days ago, and then today there's been PVP and summons everywhere. Glad to accidentally join y'all!

    submitted by /u/bradles0
    [link] [comments]

    To the guy who dropped my new character a bunch of stuff

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 01:04 PM PST

    Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/Arepo-
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment