• Breaking News

    Monday, February 3, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 10:11 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My wife just beat the 4 king's solo, first try

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 06:16 PM PST

    So my wife just soloed new londo and the 4 kings like it was nothing, on her first try, without any advice or help. She then proceeds to say how easy it was and how she doesn't understand why people need help... she's never played a souls game before... mostly Minecraft and Morrowind. She's gud for sure.

    submitted by /u/Lingering_Trees_Gabe
    [link] [comments]

    O&S Solo

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 08:07 PM PST

    Just beat O&S solo for the first time. I haven't had a new play through in awhile. I have been trying to stay sober and honestly have been in and out of a rehab facility. I brought my switch and found no joy in playing it since August. But recently things have been easier for me. I decided to play through and just beat O&S solo for the first time ever. I just wanted to share with Reddit. Andre was proud of his boi.

    submitted by /u/notmypretzeldent
    [link] [comments]

    When I played AotA, there was one quote that really resonated with me

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 02:07 AM PST

    At thy twilight, old thoughts return, in great waves of nostalgia - Hawkeye Gough

    It was such a beautifully articulated quote, from one of my favorite characters of the entire Souls series.

    submitted by /u/ExecutionerMiralda7
    [link] [comments]

    5 months of downtime in the making... My broken sword only run is almost complete!

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 03:13 PM PST

    I have only kalameet to go before I parry fight gwyn. I cant believe i came so far. I never thought i would have the patience to do this sort of thing. shoutouts to zerolenny.

    submitted by /u/TRA0Dunnitagain
    [link] [comments]

    What were the walls of Anor Londo built to keep out?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 12:25 PM PST

    The circular walls around Anor Londo, the Undead Burg and other similar towns, viewable from Firelink, are impressive. My first thought was that they might be a defense against encroaching undead, but this doesn't make sense to me for two main reasons -

    1. The walls are visible in the opening cutscene, which I think indicates they predate the undead curse, and
    2. In accordance with the undead prophecy, Lordran at the end of the Age of Fire seems to have been set up as a pilgrimage destination for undead, with someone (Gwyndolin / Frampt?) having engineered tests for pilgrims such as Sen's Fortress and the Bells of Awakening. So it seems odd that if Lordran is set up to invite undead, and the walls are meant to keep out undead, that the walls still stand.

    Maybe they were built as a defense against remaining Dragons in the early Age of Fire, but stone walls don't seem like a believable defense against things which fly. Maybe they were originally meant as a defense against undead, but were never opened after the pilgrimage was established, for one reason or another. Or maybe they were necessary in some sort of human conflict during the Age of Fire.

    But I prefer the idea that there is something outside Lordran which we have not seen, and which is fearsome enough to merit such huge walls. There's no evidence of that as far as I know, but I feel like the walls suggest something of that nature, and it's interesting.

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/dceveringham
    [link] [comments]

    Quick Question about Giant Skeletons

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 04:13 AM PST

    Im farming the Giant Skeletons near Firelink for that one sword, and I'm wondering how they drop it, does it leave a drop like for "dissapearing" enemies? (The yellow shine floating in the air like with Slimes and Silver Knights) or does it have the typical white shine on one of the body parts that go flying?

    submitted by /u/WizzrotheWizard
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for Knight Artorias?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 05:22 PM PST

    I'm tryna get to Hawkeye Gough but the boss fight before reaching him is so hard. I can only land 2 - 3 hits before getting murdered.

    submitted by /u/Comrade_Chadek
    [link] [comments]

    40/40 Quality build just a pvp thing?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 01:33 AM PST

    I mostly play the souls games for pve and run quality weapons but when I look up builds they always mention the 40/40 split. Is this just a PvP thing so you don't cross a certain Soullevel?

    Or is there some kind of diminishing return?

    How would you spend your points in PvE then?

    submitted by /u/the_doomblade
    [link] [comments]

    Trapped

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 10:05 PM PST

    Guys I'm in new game plus and I've trapped myself in the tomb of giants. Messed up a drop and haven't met with the blaclsmith down here and also can't get past the gold door near the bottom. What do I do?

    submitted by /u/littlefootneverdied
    [link] [comments]

    Fight with Artorias is awesome, but...

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 11:58 PM PST

    I absolutely love Artorias boss fight. He is designed so well, his moves are badass, but my by far most favorite thing about him is flavor of the fight, the idea of preserving fallen knight's honor in a last, honorable duel. Those words were ringing in the back of my head when, after a hell of a fight, I decided it was a good idea to finish him with a goddamn bow... I hate myself

    submitted by /u/ColonelNosio
    [link] [comments]

    What boss just wrecks you?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 08:51 PM PST

    Was streaming earlier today and was fighting the FireSage. Was like lv 68 or so... Proceed to get my face wrecked like 12 times or so. I know he's not hard...I just couldn't get the timing for anything down. Fast forward about an hour and took out Artorias my second try. Do you all have a similar boss that just gets you, even if they're relatively easy?

    submitted by /u/Gysuphage
    [link] [comments]

    Can i expect many players on the ps4 servers of dsr?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 02:38 AM PST

    Wanted to download the game to get the platinum, was wondering if it is easier to get summoned and invade on ps4 unlike ds3. Is the servers any better than darksouls 3?

    submitted by /u/ozanoktay_
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat Anor Londo!

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 09:35 AM PST

    Today Ornstein and Smough have fallen! I must say I am very proud and feel really good, because not only it's an amazing fight with amazing OST, but I also managed to beat them first try! Of course it wasn't easy at all, I've spent around 2-3 minutes figuring out their moves, what they do and thought that it would be safer to take care of Ornstein first. After I've been done with him however, I was left with no Estus for Smough, so the fight was even more intense! I managed to heal twice using humanity, which allowed me to take care of the big guy carefully, especially since alone, he was much more chill. I guess it's time to collect the large souls Frampt mentioned!

    submitted by /u/polski8bit
    [link] [comments]

    1v1 anor lando?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 01:04 AM PST

    Pass 1v1guy

    ps4

    submitted by /u/ytuwtwuh3
    [link] [comments]

    Guides to the Game

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 07:53 PM PST

    One of my friends recently bought Darksouls: remastered after he saw me playing through about half of ds3 when he was at my house.

    I told him that the first game was the right place to start and set him off from there. I tried to tell him as much as I could think of but I'm not sure if he understands what I all told him because he is having trouble figuring out some mechanics.

    What I was wondering is if there is a good all- round guide to Ds that cover most of the mechanics without spoiling the game in any major way?

    I originally made it through the game without guides and don't really know any good ones to show him. I'm also not there with him to show him either so I'm limited in the things I can do.

    submitted by /u/Sin_Begin
    [link] [comments]

    And with the strength of lords, they challenged the dragons

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 11:36 AM PST

    I've been thinking a lot about this line in the opening cutscene. Why did the lords challenge the dragons? I get that it's a game and there has to be a premise, but why couldn't they just chill away from each other?

    submitted by /u/lpt5703
    [link] [comments]

    About to start Blighttown and then Sen's Fortress with a SUPER drifty controller joystick. It's all I have and I feel I will go hollow. Wish me luck.

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 11:12 AM PST

    Like I can't even be in the item menu for more than a few seconds without my character just walking off into the distance. And I've already had trouble reaching certain items on rafters because of the tendency to drift. I'll definitely be buying a new controller before those dudes up top Anor Londo.

    submitted by /u/Vox---Nihil
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth getting Kalameet’s Tail?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 12:30 PM PST

    Can't beat Ornstein and Smough

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 03:25 PM PST

    I'm currently SL36 and I have a Longsword+9 and I can't beat them my record was removing like half of smough's health bar. Yes I know I need to git gud but am I underleveled or should I do something like upgrading or changing the weapon? Also I don't really feel like summoning since I never did it and I will probably only do it if I give up

    submitted by /u/giuscraft16
    [link] [comments]

    Hi my first playthrough

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 10:56 PM PST

    I played ds3 before and i Noticed that after i upgraded the halberd with large titanite the name change to (raw halberd) is raw a Gem? and there is gems go better with some builds?

    submitted by /u/Mesh099
    [link] [comments]

    I just started Dark Souls for the first time.

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 12:16 PM PST

    Never been spoiled (except for memes like Solaire). Never knew anything apart of the "trial-error" of this difficult game.

    Apart from this, going totally blind. Just crossed a under abridge with a dragon on top.

    Wish me luck, and of course I won't read any post because of possible spoilers.

    submitted by /u/kinnonii
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment