• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 12, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    fuck sen

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 11:05 PM PST

    that guy's a dick

    submitted by /u/sdzc
    [link] [comments]

    Echo in Gaping Dragon room

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 12:10 AM PST

    This is such a small thing I wasn't sure if it was even worth mentioning, but I just thought it was kind of a cool little detail that when you strike a wall in the Gaping Dragon's room there's a surprisingly loud echo in the room but if you do it in anywhere else in the depths you get nothing.

    Maybe lots of places echo and I've just been oblivious until now lol

    submitted by /u/meluvulongtime3
    [link] [comments]

    Guys, I never thought I'd say this, but I did it.

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 10:46 AM PST

    I fucking did it!! I beat Dark Souls! Holy shit. To think that back when I played it on the 360 my casual ass quit after mere hours because it was too hard. I don't know how long it took me this time around, like a month or so. Ever since I got involved in this community I began to feel part of the family, all the comments recieved in my posts pumped me up throughout the journey, and certainly helped like you have no idea. Hell, just last night I was so excited because I first tried Manus, and you lot have been nothing but kind. It had been a while since I enjoyed a game like this. To this day I don't think any other game gives you that sense of self growth and accomplishment whenever you overcome a hard boss, enemy or area. This game, you guys, it's all amazing. Now onwards to Drangleic!

    Praise the Sun my fellow brothers!

    [T]/

    Edit: Aww man I think my Solaire symbol got fucked up

    submitted by /u/lilasseatinboi
    [link] [comments]

    I'm playing this game for the first time and the level design is so fantastic

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 05:11 PM PST

    I love From Software games, Bloodborne is my favorite game of the gen with Witcher 3, I've also spent hundreds of hours playing Dark Souls 2, 3 and Sekiro, but before a few days ago I had never touched Dark Souls 1

    I bought the remastered edition and I've been playing it for the last 2 or 3 days and I love it so much, especially the level design, I just spent hours in Blighttown dying to gravity, poison, getting lost, then I found a way up and managed to get out, I opened a gate to New Londo, found an elevator and then this music started playing when the elevator got up https://youtu.be/M6GK8HhjQQE and it felt so good,I don't even know how to describe the feeling I got but it was amazing, I love how all the beginning areas are connected to firelink shrine, it feels great when you finally beat a location and you find a way back to firelink shrine without using any teleportation or having any loading screens, now that I've played this game I kinda wish the other soulsborne like Bloodborne or DS3 had the same way to get back to the hub

    I'm think I'm still early in the game but I already find that this game is so special, I love already so much the atmosphere, the colors and design of the different areas, the musics, this game makes me feels things I've never experienced before playing a video game, it's so amazing

    submitted by /u/Drenarka
    [link] [comments]

    My interpretation of Pricilla

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 10:16 PM PST

    I wanted to draw one of the weirder bosses from DS1, with a few influences of dragon designs of DS3!

    Hope you all like it!

    Fan art, Pracilla

    submitted by /u/artbytal
    [link] [comments]

    How's the Nintendo Switch port in handheld mode?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:02 AM PST

    I finished this game a while back on PC (original version, not the remaster) and I'm currently working my way through Dark Souls 2 SOTFS. I really enjoyed the first game and am loving the sequel too.

    On Friday I'll be going on a month-long work trip separating me from my PC. I'm taking my Switch along with me so I am getting tempted to get the Switch port so I don't suffer from Dark Souls withdrawal symptoms whilst I'm away.

    I'll only be able to play in handheld mode so my main concern is how the game controls with the joy-cons? Is the game still playable in handheld mode? Anything else I should be aware of before making a purchase decision?

    submitted by /u/supercakefish
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you for the items and help Agility

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 12:00 AM PST

    It's 7:54am, I've just finished an overnight and decided to make a new character.

    I come across a summon under the name of Agility_57 and we've had a good laugh. Summoned him in for the Taurus demon purely for jolly co-op and then invaded him accidentally with cracked red eyes.

    We had a jolly fist fight which transpired into a sword hilt, into parry nation. Before my ultimate demise we gazed at the sun by Solaire and I tell you what my mood has been lifted, thank you fellow undead you've made my day.

    Praise the sun!☀️

    submitted by /u/TruthSeekingEye
    [link] [comments]

    Random Message Bot

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 02:40 AM PST

    I made a Twitter bot that tweets a random Soulsborne message (Dark Souls 1-3 and Bloodborne, I don't have Demon's Souls and couldn't find any information on messages in that game other than "Sticky White Stuff") every 30 minutes!

    https://twitter.com/SoulsWow?s=09

    Please let me know if I should post this in other Soulsborne subreddits or if I shouldn't have posted it here in the first place, I did read the rules and I didn't see anything against it but it never hurts to ask anyway :^D

    submitted by /u/Topichu
    [link] [comments]

    Finally defeated Kalameet solo

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:50 AM PST

    It's by far the hardest boss I've encountered in this game. I found him very unpredictable and killed me like 20 times, first boss that destroys me this way.

    I don't know how to deal with the opinion that Manus is even harder because I can't believe is harder than this fat bird.

    submitted by /u/sesejordan
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite game title

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:15 AM PST

    Been thinking about which soulsborne game was my favorite and came to the conclusion that I had the most out of dark souls, it was my first souls game to play and boy was it hard, I remember all the rage a dedication I put into the game trying to get through anor londo, or blight town, I still remember the time it took me to get through the grand archives because I hated it!!!! But I came to realize that I actually love it, it put a challenge out there for me and I overcame it, I remember reaching kiln of the first flame and was tearing up because I knew it was almost over reaching the boss gate kept dying until I knew I could parry gwyn and finally killing him was the best feeling ever, cut to the credits with the nameless song and sat there almost crying because i knew this game was gonna be my favorite game of all time, put thousands of hours into it, played darksouls 2 and 3, played bloodborne, and next stop is elden ring

    submitted by /u/DamperWings
    [link] [comments]

    In short, why do most players say that blighttown and not the catacombs and tomb of the giant

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 10:33 PM PST

    I cant understand why do most players complain so much about blighttown that there are already memes, i understand the fact that poison and toxic sucks, and the 15 fps thing but for me blighttown is pretty easy. And i dont understand why i see no complains about the catacombs and tomb of the giants. I write this because im in ng+ and blighttown was a breeze while im having a hard time in the catacomb and tomb of the giants.

    submitted by /u/Domnupateu
    [link] [comments]

    What are your unpopular opinions on the SoulsBorne series?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 03:24 PM PST

    Something I never noticed in the beginning of the game

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 03:29 PM PST

    You can see the asylum demon after opening the bog door, but before he jumps you, if you look up he's on the lip of the broken room looking down at you, ready to gank you.

    submitted by /u/skullwithamustache
    [link] [comments]

    Have any of the major friendly NPCs survived and gotten happy endings?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 09:29 PM PST

    Apologies if this isn't the right subreddit to ask this on as it refers to all three Dark Souls games. But looking back, I've noticed there's a real lack of happy endings for a lot of the friendly optional NPCs.

    I really don't know how to phrase it probably, but to avoid confusion I'm talking about optional NPCs like Solaire, Siegmeyer, Lucatiel, Anri, Siegward, etc, who have fairly lengthy optional quests and are overall friendly to the player, rather than main quest NPCs or merchants.

    Those listed NPCs are all pretty nice but get shafted pretty hard in regards to how they end up at the ends of their quests. Siegward commits suicide after Yhorm is defeated. Anri either becomes a mindless hollow, or becomes a servant to the Lord of Hollows after getting kidnapped and stabbed in the face. Lucatiel becomes a mindless hollow. Siegmeyer becomes a mindless hollow and is put down by Sieglinde. Solaire either gets controlled by the sunlight maggot or he links the flame in his world, which he would probably consider to be a happy ending but he still dies when he fuels the flame. From what we hear from Ludleth in Dark Souls 3, linking the flame sounds like an eternity of burning torture.

    Are there other NPCs I'm forgetting? Does anybody like them get a happy ending, and still live to tell the tale?

    submitted by /u/kinghorker
    [link] [comments]

    #Undefeted

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 10:00 AM PST

    Trying to gather dragon scales for Path of the dragon covenant, and got summoned by some guy with the character named "undefeted". After chugging 4 estus, he disconnected when I dropped him down to 20% hp. I mean, the guy wasn't wrong

    submitted by /u/KingOfMelos
    [link] [comments]

    Revolution of the Spirits of Vengeance.

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 08:14 PM PST

    So I was Gravelording two days ago using the hellkite drake to farm Eyes when my reign was systematically dismantled by the most clever Spirits of Vengeance I've ever seen. Everything was fine until a fellow Gravelord invaded as a SOV and killed me. I was out of Humanity and had to kill rats for a while. When I started Gravelording again the same Gravelord invaded again with two other SOV's with one goal: kill the drake. They failed spectacularly. Then the Gravelord invaded and killed me again. Looking back I realize he was just buying time to set up The Grand Plan. The first phase was a single SOV running away to keep the fog wall active thereby disabling my early warning system. The second phase was rounding up everyone I killed in the past hour to keep invading and wear down my Estus. After twenty minutes of this the third phase commenced with the Gravelord and his buddies from earlier ganking me to death. They were so coordinated and the execution was so flawless it honestly felt like I was fighting the Dark Souls equivalent of a special forces unit.

    submitted by /u/JackOfAllCrafts
    [link] [comments]

    Ds1 why is the way of white friendly?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 10:09 AM PST

    In my current understanding, the way of white doesn't really like the undead. They are known for their undead hunts and sending undead to the undead asylum. So in dark souls 1, how come Petrus and the other way of white members don't attack you on sight?

    submitted by /u/turkeywithsklz
    [link] [comments]

    So I'm taking inspiration from another video game community and I thought it would be cool to share this idea with you guys

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 06:19 PM PST

    So I heard from a physician that gamers should do 5 pushups every death. I learned about this from the Smash community. What made me chuckle was how the players were claiming to be jacked after this challenge. I mean really? Have they never heard of Soulsekiroborne? We keep making strength builds in-game so let's make them in real life!

    p.s. If you're a literal Lord of Cinder or a Great One and plan on taking this challenge, at least suck on purpose or do way more than just 5 pushups.

    P.s.s. Since we all love a challenge let's do 10 per death.

    Good luck!

    submitted by /u/soulsaremylife
    [link] [comments]

    What is your favorite weapon?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 05:00 AM PST

    is it possible to mod dark souls on xbox 360

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:56 AM PST

    like the title says i'm wondering if it's possible to mod dark souls on xbox 360, and if it is does anyone have a tutorial or something?

    submitted by /u/bezvik1
    [link] [comments]

    O and S finally defeated!

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 06:08 PM PST

    Two years ago I introduced my then fiancee and now wife to the dark souls franchise. She has on this day finally defeated the O&S duo all on her own. I am so proud that she got gud, cant wait to watch her freak on the later bosses.

    submitted by /u/PrivateInnuendo
    [link] [comments]

    It took almost 2 years, but I finally finished my first playthrough of Dark Souls Remastered

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 10:23 PM PST

    I picked up Dark Souls Remastered for PC on release back in May 2018, but it wasn't till tonight that I managed to beat Gwyn, link the fire, and finally finish my first-ever playthrough of the game.

    DSR wasn't even my first Dark Souls; I started with DS3 and put nearly 200 hours into it. Coming to DSR was still a pretty big transition, though, learning new mechanics (humanity, kindling bonfires, repairing weapons and armor, etc) and even more so, learning to navigate through a world map that at first seemed confusing but with time became as comfortable to transit as my own home.

    I played through at a decent if slow-ish pace until I got to Anor Londo. Bashing my head against Ornstein & Smough with countless failed attempts made me put the game down for, no joke, six months, only to come back after the break and beat them on the second or third try.

    Then in late 2018, shortly after acquiring the Lordvessel and beating Seath, I was introduced to Monster Hunter World, and I completely forgot about Dark Souls for most of 2019. I wound up putting hundreds of hours into MHW on both PC and PS4, and even played through all of G-Rank in MHGU on Switch.

    The experience with Monster Hunter proved decisive. I came back to Dark Souls Remastered at the beginning of this year, dedicated to finally finishing this game. Thanks to MH, I was extremely comfortable playing unlocked, and in DSR in particular, this proved to be extremely helpful.

    Kalameet was my absolute favorite boss, and the Royal Wood / Darkroot my favorite area. But I loved all of it, even the Tomb of the Giants (despite the fact Nito bugged out and flew into the ceiling for a while, before somehow despawning after forcing me to fight his endlessly respawning adds for about 2-3 minutes nonstop. That was rough!) The world is just the best, and overall, I have to give the nod to DSR over DS3. The experience of exploration and the interconnectedness of the world is just so cool. It's more janky compared to the polish of DS3, but between the two, I just love it more.

    One fun fact before I wrap this up: in the time since getting DSR, I actually bought a PS4 and picked up DSR for it, too. I also have it for the Switch. My PS4 and Switch saves are not too far behind my PC save, so I'm toying with the idea of just finishing it on all three platforms. Then it'll be well and truly beaten, I suppose.

    And after that, I do want to give DS2 a go at some point.

    This post is long and rambling enough, but I wanted to share my happiness about finally finishing Dark Souls. The DS community is cool and full of wild and wacky folks, as well as some legitimately warm hearted people. Your support makes this experience so much better for all.

    Thank you for reading and... long may the sun shine!

    submitted by /u/surfimp
    [link] [comments]

    I want to play the saga so...

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 12:30 AM PST

    Which one should I buy and play in order?

    (BTW should I buy dark souls 1 or the remaster, money is not a problem)

    submitted by /u/calabazon3000
    [link] [comments]

    I would like to go somewhere that isn't new londo or the catacombs, is that an option with where I am right now?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 06:26 PM PST

    I just used up my last transient curse and I do not want to keep getting my ass handed to me by ghosts or skeletons. I've killed the stray demon, moonlight butterfly, taurus demon, and bell gargoyles. Is there anywhere I can go that won't have any wallhack ghosts and 50mph skeletons? I've killed havel but think I still might be missing something in Darkroot.

    submitted by /u/Phantom0o
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment