• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 12, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 10:09 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Return to Drangleic February 23, 2020

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 10:52 AM PST

    Return to Drangleic

    Its Official. We Cursed ones are coming back.

    February 23,2020 we return to Drangleic

    RULES

    These are suggestions on how to proceed to enhance the return for everybody.

    1. Start a new character. Those builds you've been iffy with or wanting to try something new. Now's the time!

    2. Engage in as much Coop and PvP as possible. Not much of a PvP player? Eh take the plunge and summon that red sign. Prefer to play solo? Why not call in that Sun Bro? Engage

    3. If you use the name engraved ring choose Kremmel God of Struggle. (Though many would recommend not using the ring as it blocks you from seeing random signs of players that dont have the ring on)

    4. Leave a message in Majula saying "Don't give up Skeleton!". Be generous with your voting and placing of signs.

    5. Play at your pace. We recommend trying to beat the game by March 11th but many players will be sticking around after the 11th so dont feel rushed

    6. SotFS is recommended and this is for ALL PLATFORMS.

    Helpful Tips and Suggestions

    1. The PvP arena will be on the bridge in Iron Keep.

    2. Newcomers should talk to Saulden sitting at the base of the monument in Majula to join the Way of the Blue. It will call a Blue Sentinel in to help you if you get invaded.

    3. DO NOT join the covenant of champions if you want to play coop. It restricts your coop and you can only be invaded.

    4. Fight the pigs in Majula.

    5. For newcomers and refreshers for veterans. Dark Souls 2 runs on a soul memory tier system. Your soul memory is based on SOULS COLLECTED. Even souls you lose still count. The White Soapstone can reach 3 tiers down and 1 tier up and Small White Soapstone can reach 4 tiers down and 2 tiers up. Here is the link to keep track of your tiers.

    https://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Soul+Memory

    1. If you wish to be invaded more often equip the Delicate Ring. It increases your invasion chance.

    2. DO NOT DISCONNECT WHEN MID FIGHT WITH INVADERS OR AS AN INVADER. You will be punished and may lose the ability to play online. You have to use the consumable Bone of Order to regain the ability to play and you only get 1 per playthrough.

    3. If you're looking to trade gear head over to r/wheelanddeal

    Most of all enjoy our Return to Drangleic Bearer of the curse… Seek souls. Larger, more powerful souls. Seek the King, that is the only way. Lest this land swallow you whole… As it has so many others

    Edit: image link died had to revive it. Should be good now

    submitted by /u/StarsRaven
    [link] [comments]

    SOTFS World First Miracle only any% no hit

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 02:20 AM PST

    Part 1: http://www.twitch.tv/jens_dv/v/547934873?sr=a

    Part 2: http://www.twitch.tv/jens_dv/v/547937872?sr=a

    It's in 2 parts because the run is 4 hours long and most nights I only have 2-3 hours max to stream. Consumables are allowed in all the magic only type runs including this one, and if that doesn't convince you, they totally are a miracle of technology.

    Hope you enjoy!

    submitted by /u/Jens_DV
    [link] [comments]

    So i love dark souls but what annoys you about it?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 08:56 AM PST

    Ds2 the estus drinking time like shit my character takes his time pulling it out offers it to anyone nearby savors it and then takes 20 years to put that shit away

    submitted by /u/Starting-From-0
    [link] [comments]

    This game is making me go hollow, I think I need an human effigy

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 03:13 AM PST

    So, I am a big SoulsBorn fan, but because of time concerns in my life I was never able to complete any of the games. Around when DSR came out I decided it was time to rectify this mistake: I completed the remaster no problem and tackled Sekiro like a champ (nevermind taking 20 or so attempts for the Owl...).

    Now I am playing through ds2, SotfS. Apart from a bit of a wonky start, I was actually enjoying a lot of the game, even if I find it the most frustrating among all games.

    But now I have reached the Undead Crypt, and my frustration have peaked somewhere along the waters of Amana's Shrine. It feels like I do no damage to shitty enemies, with +10 weapons. I am going full sorcery, with a magic mace on the side, and the more I go on, the more sluggish it seems to became. I don't even mean more difficult, only more frustrating.

    So, I am looking for a bit of encouragement and all the suggestions you all have, because I want to reach the end of the game. Because this game is still part of the DS series and it is worth completing.

    submitted by /u/Jocarnail
    [link] [comments]

    Mundane bone fist

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 10:25 AM PST

    I find it both hilarious and incredible that a weapon with 7 base damage and +0 upgraded can deal over 1k damage in a matter of seconds.

    I dont think i'll ever get bored of the strange and unique variety of builds in this game.

    submitted by /u/420SexHaver420
    [link] [comments]

    I sat on the rock chair. Now what should I do?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 10:33 AM PST

    The four kings are dead, the four crowns have been gathered, the four queens' souls have been collected, the scholar has given his last cryptic speech and I got to the throne.

    Now what should I do?

    Edit: the credits are long

    submitted by /u/Tharati
    [link] [comments]

    When You Think You've Seen Everything in DSII

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 11:17 AM PST

    I present to you - The Human Centipede Dark Souls Edition

    https://imgur.com/a/AgrF206

    submitted by /u/S7-Gaming
    [link] [comments]

    So the OST in iTunes is slightly goofed.

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 06:03 AM PST

    I bought the OST a ways before I finished the game and before I even attempted the DLC. The "Ava, the Kings Pet" track was an absolute banger! The choir and music clashing would pump me up and is what actually inspired me to do the DLC. Only thing is the "Burnt Ivory King" track is swapped with Ava's on the album. I fought Ava and was so let down by the seemingly dull boss music. That being said, once I went into the Ivory Kings boss fight and heard my MF JAM I was all about it! Didn't even care that I didn't collect the other knights and had my ass handed to me.

    submitted by /u/lolz_robot
    [link] [comments]

    Why is the Lost Bastille disconnected from the rest of the game world?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 10:56 AM PST

    Every other area in the main game is reachable on foot, with the exception of the DLCs and memories. Does anybody know why the Bastille is not reachable on foot? Of course, the Bastille was built to serve as a prison for hollows and was deliberately built far away from the Drangleic; but why didn't the devs make it accessible without going through a loading screen?

    submitted by /u/loveless0404
    [link] [comments]

    Do The Deaths In BoB area count towards the overall deaths counted on the Majula memorial statue?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 10:26 AM PST

    Are they counted or is it just PVE?

    submitted by /u/UnderThat
    [link] [comments]

    Bonfire Ascetics in majula?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 03:56 AM PST

    What exactly does burning Bonfire Ascetics in Majula do? Does it only affect the Inventory of Merchants or are any enemies affected as well?

    Edit: Nvm already found the answer

    submitted by /u/the_doomblade
    [link] [comments]

    Back to the game and don't know what I was doing.

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 11:35 AM PST

    Hello everyone. Hoping you can offer some help.

    I haven't played DS2 in close to 2 years but just ran through DS1 again after a similar gap without issue. Decided I would play DS2 again and finally beat it before finally playing DS3. For some reason I put the game down after almost getting to the end and never picked it back up until today.

    I fired up DS2 and I found my original character at level 369 and after searching through inventory it was clear I left off farming Loyce Souls. I've got 53 now so I decided to take on the Burnt Ivory King, but for the life of me I cant remember what equipment I used or how I played.

    For Loyce Soul farming I had all item drop gear and a Crypt Blacksword +5. My inventory is full of weapons and armor and I have no idea what I was doing.

    Long story short, any ideas what equipment I was likely using prior to my hiatus, based on what I'm carrying? Here's my stats and most my equipment:

    https://imgur.com/gallery/FMAxlVI

    submitted by /u/FuriousArhat
    [link] [comments]

    Build-Making Question

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 02:21 PM PST

    Is there a site with like... potential builds/plans to create them somewhere? I've played the game many times, but I wanna try something unique/viable. Hexing gets old.

    Also, any suggestions from you guys would be nice! I'm open to any ideas. I plan to co op with some buddies when this comes around, so anything co op based would also be appreciated(it doesnt have to be though).

    submitted by /u/Spinerflame
    [link] [comments]

    Smelter Demon Summon

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 02:19 PM PST

    Need help beating Smelter Demon in Iron Keep. Soul Lvl is around 769k. Playing on Xbox One.

    submitted by /u/james52262
    [link] [comments]

    Don't know what to do

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 02:04 PM PST

    Guys, I have a problem and need your help. First of all I want to say I've beaten DS1, DS3, Bloodborne and Sekiro. So I thought I'd jump into DS2 (Scholar of the first sin ed.) at last because it would feel bad to not have played them all (hopefully Demon's Souls remaster soon). A great many people said it isn't as good as the others because of several issues but I didn't think it would be that frustrating even now, after countless hours of great FS games.

    As it is I'm stuck at Iron Fortress since forever. I tried so many times to get through to Smelter Demon but I just can't get it right. The Boss itself wouldn't be the greatest challenge but the way to him is just... Argh. Even sprinting through just doesn't work like I thought it would. Never thought I'd hit such a wall again.

    Any tips for that particular section?

    Sorry for the long post. Appreciate every help!

    submitted by /u/the_Jester_222
    [link] [comments]

    best souls level

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 01:02 PM PST

    should i go up to sl 200 or stay at 150

    submitted by /u/wisemanhere
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else having server problems?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 08:45 AM PST

    For the last couple days I haven't been able to connect to game servers and the website it says to consult about it [www.bandainamcogames.com/company/support.php] just has a screen that reads "Game Over". Anyone else having server issues?

    submitted by /u/PipPopAnonymous
    [link] [comments]

    Black dragon straight sword

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 03:01 AM PST

    Not looking for a hand out just wondering if anyone has some tips that could help me to achieve my dream to obtain two of the black dragon straight sword

    submitted by /u/GIGATHICCEgirls
    [link] [comments]

    World Layout

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 11:20 AM PST

    In general i satisfy my mind with DS2 world layout by thinking that it is the end of a cycle so at that end all lands converge or move in one form or another, "The dreg heap" from DS3 is the idea origin. Anyone one else got thoughts on this? I would love to expand ideas of the world design layout.

    submitted by /u/spotoen
    [link] [comments]

    Weapon suggestions

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 10:10 AM PST

    Hello, keeping this short and simple.

    I'm currently using a Longsword which has served me well. I've tried quite a few weapons I've come across, but none seem to have a similar moveset to the Longsword.

    So I'm looking for a weapon with a repeatable thrust, and a repeatable sweep attack. I saw Partizan, which almost fits the criteria, but the sweep isn't repeatable by spamming R2. I'd also like the weapon to be fast-ish, I've already played through other Souls games with a slow weapon, so I'm looking for something else now.

    submitted by /u/triangoop
    [link] [comments]

    Is it just me or does dodging not work at all in DS2.

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 07:46 AM PST

    I have no problem rolling to dodge in all of the other games, but with DS2 it seems almost pointless. Even if I do roll I still take significant damage.

    submitted by /u/Phempteru
    [link] [comments]

    Hex knight/dark paladin build ideas

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 11:28 PM PST

    Hi im new to ds2 (ps4), i made a post yesterday when tring to decide what build to make. Originaly i was leaning twords paladin as i never used miracles in a ds game. (played ds1 remasterd ds3 bloodborn and sekiro so im quite familiar with fromsoft games). But someone sugested using hexes as they are unique to ds2.

    What im looking for is a good build with mix between melee and hexes. I chose the knight starting clase but only got around to play a little bit yesterday so i could restart if a different starting class would be better suited... What stat alocation is recommended and what weapons/armore works well with such a build. (mostly pve, would be nice if it was asteticaly fitting and work with the lore). What covenant works best from a lore perspective?

    Thanks in advance for any tips, appreciate the help.

    submitted by /u/BlackwinIV
    [link] [comments]

    I'm I the only one who hates dark spirts more then almost any creature in this game

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 07:48 PM PST

    They throw me off for some reason and do tons of damege how in the drangleic do I make them a little more easy to kill

    submitted by /u/merkaba88
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment