• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 22, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 10:08 PM PST

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I wanted to share this with you guys

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 02:56 PM PST

    I made a Solaire for our house. Praise the sun! https://i.imgur.com/65pLv30.jpg

    submitted by /u/m3clarity
    [link] [comments]

    Same Fate, Second Chance

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 09:04 AM PST

    I'm level 50 and was summoned as a Warrior of Sunlight at the Anor Londo bonfire with the host and another sunlight phantom. On the way to the fog gate I was chain-attacked by both giant guards' halberds and was vanquished.

    Soon after I laid my sign down again and was summoned to find the same characters, the host gestured "Well! What is it?" and the sunlight phantom used "Shrug". I used my "Pray" gesture for forgiveness.

    On the way to the gate again, I made it to the fog door with the host, but this time the sunlight phantom had the exact same death as I did in the exact same location.

    Once the vanquished-phantom screen went away, we waited a few seconds and we both shrugged at the same time. Then we proceeded through the gate, fought Ornstein and Smough, and as a result the host received the Leo ring and I returned home.

    submitted by /u/Chickenthang47
    [link] [comments]

    I finished the shell to my Dark Souls controller. There's ash in the gray paint.

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 06:12 PM PST

    Holy crap.

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 06:11 PM PST

    The last time I visited Firelink was to reinforce my Estus to +2. Then I endured Sen's Fortress, beat Iron Golem, and went to Anor Londo immediately. Anyway, when I warped back to Firelink from the bonfire by Ornstein and Smough, I felt epic, for some reason. The other times, I normally come back to Firelink as often as possible, basically. But this time, man, it was such a great feeling. Like a great hero coming back home before entering the final chapter in his journey.

    submitted by /u/0fallen_hunter0
    [link] [comments]

    My girlfriend attacked Siegmeyer in the first encounter what do I do now?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 02:25 AM PST

    I left her the controller for five minutes while I went to the bathroom, and she decided that the only thing worth to do was attacking Siegmeyer of Catarina, dying immediately after. Now every time he sees me he tries to murder me. Is there anything I can do to make him good again?

    submitted by /u/lucriama
    [link] [comments]

    Til your character actually has audio for breathing

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 12:45 PM PST

    Title. I went afk in a corner while I grabbed the pizza I ordered and when I came back I heard breathing from the game. Thought maybe there was an enemy nearby when I realized that it was my own character breathing. Thought it was a neat feature that not too many games have.

    submitted by /u/OrionTheRedPanda
    [link] [comments]

    I got my first two vagrants today

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 01:43 AM PST

    Within 30 minutes of each other. One was a good vagrant in the tomb of giants, the other was a bad one in the archives.

    submitted by /u/Nothing_is_simple
    [link] [comments]

    Reprinting The Dark Souls Trilogy Compendium

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 03:32 AM PST

    (Source - https://www.future-press.com/)

    Quick update concerning the Dark Souls Trilogy Compendium, since we've been getting a steady flow of messages asking for a reprint. We've investigated various options for reprinting, but at the moment all of them are simply not viable due to the high production and shipping costs involved combined with the uncertainty of the demand. We know that many fans missed out on it, so we're not giving up so easily; we hope to update you again in the next few weeks. Thanks for all your patience!

    submitted by /u/0000-000
    [link] [comments]

    Did the Abyss appear in New Londo or Oolacile first?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 08:50 AM PST

    I've been wondering on what the time line is for the Abyss appearing in each of these Kingdoms. The Consensus seems to be that the Abyss appeared in Oolacile first, but given what we know about Artorias's dealings in New Londo that doesn't seem to make sense chronologically.

    We know that Upon going to Oolacile at the outbreak of the Abyss he was never to return. However If I recall correctly Artorias was also heavily involved with the Outbreak of the Abyss of New Londo and the Dark Wraiths present in the city. You also need to Covenant of Artorias (Which he got by making a deal with beasts of the Abyss) to enter the Abyss in New Londo. Additionally, we know that he was hunting dark wraiths and making deals in New Londo before Oolacile by the descriptions on his Great Sword

    Sword born from the soul of the great grey wolf Sif, guardian of the grave of the Abysswalker Knight Artorias."
    "Sir Artorias hunted the Darkwraiths, and his sword strikes harder against dark servants."

    and his Cursed Greatsword

    Sword born from the souls of the great grey wolf Sif, guardian of the grave of the Abysswalker Knight Artorias."
    "The sword can damage ghosts, as it was cursed when Artorias joined a covenant with the creatures of the Abyss."

    So based on these Items we know that he was dealing with the Dark wraiths in New Londo and made a covenant with creatures of the Abyss (And the city was possibly flooded before Artorias went to Oolacile, or maybe shortly after it was apparent he wouldn't return) BEFORE heading to Oolacile and becoming corrupted by the Abyss there. So based on this doesn't that mean that the Abyss surfaced in New Londo first? Am I missing something here? I get that Manus is the "Father of the Abyss" and would seem to point to him being its progenitor, but we know that the Abyss existed as early as the War with the Dragons from the Ringed City DLC. Additionally I've seen posts online that claim the Japanese Title for Manus is closer to "Master of the Abyss" rather than Father.

    Also as an aside, do we know when each of these outbreaks occurred? Was it around the time Gwyn went to Link the Fire (1000+ years before the Chosen Undead) or was it closer to the timeline of the game, like maybe a few hundred years before the Chosen Undead left the Asylum?

    submitted by /u/LeJew92
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat Ornstein and Smough, but I don’t feel great about it...

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 06:04 AM PST

    Don't get me wrong, I'm genuinely relieved, but I don't feel like I mastered them like I have the other bosses. It requires a lot of luck to make Ornstein wide open, and Smough's plow attack can be really bullshit. Is this a common feeling, or should I go back on NG+?

    submitted by /u/jhuro17
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck at Gwynevere

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 09:01 AM PST

    Just got stuck kneeling in front of Gwynevere. Someone invaded me while I was talking to her, but he obviously wasn't able to reach me there. I couldn't do anything, had to quit the game. Has this ever happened to any of you? Not complaining though, the view was nice.

    submitted by /u/Sergei_Luv
    [link] [comments]

    TIFU by summoning in my boyfriend.

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 10:34 PM PST

    So my boyfriend played through Dark Souls before I did, and I witnessed how much Ornstein and Smough game-ended him. I decided to play after he did, but not being as much of a purist he is (battle ALL the bosses without phantoms) I decided to ask him to help me fight them since I didn't want to spend 3 days on them. I was expecting him to just take aggro while I fight them because I still wanted to experience the battle.

    Nope.

    He killed them in 2 minutes. God dangit. I am just a lowly host :(

    submitted by /u/spacequxn
    [link] [comments]

    [PS4] [DS1] [NG] remastered. Doing int build jolly coop new character

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 03:48 AM PST

    [PS4] [DS1] [NG] remastered. Doing int build jolly coop new character

    submitted by /u/Graphiccoma
    [link] [comments]

    What weapon has your favorite riposte animation?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 05:01 PM PST

    Mines gotta be the caestus, nothing like punching a black knight in the dick then the throat.

    submitted by /u/Lt_Dickballs
    [link] [comments]

    what to do after defeating quelaag?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 07:07 PM PST

    so i just killed quelaag, and then i defeated the ceaseless discharge, and am currently wondering where to go. should i get sen's fortress? darkroot? i'm around level 25-27 and i have the Claymore 6+

    submitted by /u/titas_goji
    [link] [comments]

    Just Finished This Amazing game so I thought id list off the foolish mistakes I made in the game

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 03:00 PM PST

    1. I consumed the firekeepers soul in the undead parish instead of using to upgrade my estus

    2. When I got the firelink firekeepers soul from Lautric I thought I was being smart and used it at the anor Londo firekeepers to upgrade my estus without realizing that I could bring back the firelink keeper.

    3. I killed Shiva of the east before using him as a merchant

    4. Accidentally hit Andre and had to spend all my souls on getting him back to being passive

    5. I let Siegmeyer die in Ash lake (not sure if this is avoidable)

    6. Told Laurentius about Queleena and had to kill him Now onto DS 3 and bloodborne

    submitted by /u/alphafire616
    [link] [comments]

    Good NG+ weapons?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 09:55 PM PST

    The black knight halberd carried me through NG but I want to try something new, any suggestions? (I'm running a quality build)

    submitted by /u/canned-butter
    [link] [comments]

    What should my new build be?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 05:54 PM PST

    I just recently beat dark souls for the first time and I want to start a new play through, what class/gift should I pick? And what type of build should I go for?

    submitted by /u/JimboCREAM69
    [link] [comments]

    Am I screwed? How do I get out of the Catacombs?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 07:21 PM PST

    Okay, so Im in ng+++. I go straight to Pinwheel for Rite of Kindling. My path was, by bonfire:

    Firelink Shrine Catacombs Catacombs blacksmith

    But thing is, I never turned the last gear for the bridge. So I literally cannot make it back to the first Catacombs bonfire. Am i trapped? How do I undo this??

    submitted by /u/seb69420
    [link] [comments]

    Solaire summonable before Centipede Demon?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 06:51 PM PST

    I was wondering, if you manage to kill the sunlight maggot with the Chaos Covenant shortcut, and he appears sitting in the shortcut, can you summon him to the Centipede boss battle?

    submitted by /u/VahnEriksson
    [link] [comments]

    [PS4][DS1] Could anyone be kind enough to give me priscilla´s dagger? please, its the only weapon i need for the achievement

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 06:45 PM PST

    Ps4 summons?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 05:09 PM PST

    Just started a new character after not playing for a few years. Is coop pretty dead for the remaster on ps4 already, or am I just the wrong level for where I'm at? I just got to the bottom of Blighttown, and I'm level 32ish.

    submitted by /u/councilofmortys
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment