• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 22, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 10:10 PM PST

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 2 is my favorite of the series

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 05:57 AM PST

    After playing all of them,there's something about the atmosphere and lore in ds 2 that made me enjoy it much more than the others.Majula,to me,a much more immersive starting area and the connections you make with the npcs throughout the game feel authentic.Gameplay wise it totally feels liks a soul game should feel,hard but not overkill.Its the perfect balance to me betwen ds 1 that feels too hard and ds3 that feels too easy.Ds 2 is right in the middle with combat and gameplay just the way I like it.Even to this day after all this time I still dont get why it received so much hate when in truth,its a masterpiece that surpasses the other 2 at least for me and feels heavily underrated.

    submitted by /u/EpicTrapCard
    [link] [comments]

    RATS declare war on Shulva.

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 05:19 AM PST

    Shulva violated the agreement and made a kingdom underground in the lands untouched by the suns rays, we the RATS will crusade towards shulva and cleanse the lands untouched by the sun.

    submitted by /u/brachyDIO3u
    [link] [comments]

    Return to Drangleic with the Dark Souls II Cleric Knight Build!

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 12:03 PM PST

    TL;DR: In celebration of Return to Drangleic, I'll be streaming a prototype Cleric Knight build for Dark Souls II! Come check it out!

    Bear seek seek lest!

    Hello everyone! For those of you who don't know, back in the day I created a moderately-popular build for Dark Souls called The Cleric Knight Build. It was created to be efficient, effective, and accessible to new players. It requires no farming, no crafting, no end-game gear and no hidden loot that you'll only find the third time you play the game. It's helped a lot of first-time players beat the game.

    Since then, I have been asked countless times: "How do I do this in Dark Souls 2?"

    Well, your wait is finally almost over! During Return to Drangleic, I'm going to be testing a prototype CK II build and streaming the whole thing! I don't know DS2 as well as DS1 so it's not a finished product yet, but that's, you know, what the test run is for. If this is something you're interested in or that you've been waiting for, please feel free to drop by to offer input, or just hang out! Stream starts 2/23 at 3pm EST, and will run every weekend (as well as some choice week days if possible) after that until I finish the main game! I hope to see you there!

    twitch.tv/clericknight

    submitted by /u/ClericKnight
    [link] [comments]

    Return to drangleic seems to be active

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 01:59 PM PST

    I'm on Xbox which is notoriously inactive at times and I'm getting summoned within minutes or even seconds of placing a sign and seeing many signs down everywhere.

    submitted by /u/timmy567840
    [link] [comments]

    Why the GANK

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 07:52 PM PST

    From the start, DS2 is just gank after gank and it's so frustrating i can't even get thru the first area. It sucks. I don't know where to go.

    submitted by /u/North-ShiNobi
    [link] [comments]

    Reprinting The Dark Souls Trilogy Compendium

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 03:32 AM PST

    (Source - https://www.future-press.com/)

    Quick update concerning the Dark Souls Trilogy Compendium, since we've been getting a steady flow of messages asking for a reprint. We've investigated various options for reprinting, but at the moment all of them are simply not viable due to the high production and shipping costs involved combined with the uncertainty of the demand. We know that many fans missed out on it, so we're not giving up so easily; we hope to update you again in the next few weeks. Thanks for all your patience!

    submitted by /u/0000-000
    [link] [comments]

    Finished it for the first time today

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 11:09 AM PST

    TIL you can trigger the ambush before Shaded Woods without closing the doors and locking yourself in.

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 01:18 PM PST

    Turns out you can blow up the barrels to aggro all the enemies on the upper floor without pulling the switch.

    https://streamable.com/itosm

    submitted by /u/Exphrases
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you from Sleeper!

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 01:03 PM PST

    Just got dragged through Drangleic Castle by a guy in full onion armor. I think his name was Sir Casseus, but I can't quite remember. I'm trying to do my first playthough mostly blind, so I'm poorly geared/spec'd. He put summon signs at each bonfire as I progressed. He was patient when I made stupid mistakes, killed like 3 invaders, led me to each item and chest, and did roughly 98% of the damage to the bosses that we fought. I'm getting through this game for the first time, and in a game that's so dark and unforgiving, it's awesome when someone comes and helps you out. If you're reading this, thanks so much for all of your help!

    submitted by /u/KidDisappointment
    [link] [comments]

    Bone fist

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 05:07 PM PST

    Been playing on and off for a long time, platinum the game long ago.

    Never gave fist weapons a chance in any game. But this month i said fuck it and gave them a chance, particularly caestus then to a bone fist with caestus.

    Hot damn this build is nuts with no shield. Im loving it. The slowness gives high poise and the moveset is overpowered with RoBFlynn.

    Dlc enemies had a better chance when i used ultras. Lmfao they even get stunlocked with stone ring.

    Muhahahahahahaha gladiator monk op. Judgement mask, bare chest, engraved gauntlets(never been used b4 by me) and grave warden bottoms.

    submitted by /u/BakedLegendJoe23
    [link] [comments]

    What order should I play the areas to get the npc quests done?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 01:14 PM PST

    I'm going for the dark soul achievement so I need to play through all of the quest lines. With the beginning being so branched out I'm finding it confusing to know which great one to go for first. Any help?

    submitted by /u/starz09
    [link] [comments]

    At this rate return to Drangleic will be a flop.

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 03:51 AM PST

    I have been replaying for about 2 weeks now and I've only been able to get online twice. Xbox one, any fixes for this?

    submitted by /u/Wide_Pumpkin
    [link] [comments]

    RTD

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 11:55 AM PST

    Who all is returning to drangleic today? And if so what gaming system y'all using? Want to see who is starting today and who starts tomorrow

    submitted by /u/timmy567840
    [link] [comments]

    Do most people finish the main game before the DLCs?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 11:09 AM PST

    Attempting Crown of the Iron King after beating the four old souls but not going to the castle yet (may be another area or two I haven't been to yet). I'm getting my ass handed to me but maybe that's normal for this one? Most challenging part of the game so far I think...

    submitted by /u/zer0_mass
    [link] [comments]

    When to cap Soul Memory to get the most pvp/co-op activity?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 05:58 AM PST

    Couldn't find a consistent answer by searching so asking here. Also wondering if soul memory is the only thing that affects matchmaking coz I heard SL doesn't matter.

    submitted by /u/blazedphase
    [link] [comments]

    Reached Level 225 a little while ago, absolutely adore this game!

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 07:04 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/zaJoNIK

    I haven't enjoyed a game to this extent since my first times playing games like Halo 2, NFL Street, and RE 4. I didn't play any souls games before playing 2 and I bought it on a whim (and because SOTFS was $10). I've sunk countless hours in and fell in love with the aesthetic and the lore. Sure there are some frustrating areas and some of the boss design in my opinion are a little meh but overall, I believe this is to be an incredible entry.

    I still haven't gotten into the whole PVP aspect of the game. Nor have I explored the intricacies of the weapon/damage system. I love being able to swing a big effing sword and a big effing shield and still having the ability to be incredibly mobile. I'm not intuitive when it comes to games, I typically play a more "unorthodox" style when it comes to any game. This game truly suited me and I'm glad I got to experience it.

    submitted by /u/UnculturedPears
    [link] [comments]

    Can't get any controllers to work. All the videos I've seen online are outdated and don't work. Can anyone help me? Windows 10.

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 07:45 PM PST

    Recently bought DS2, pumped to start my first run for the return to drangleic event. I almost always create caster builds in the DS series, which school of magic is the most intuitive, or gets rolling the fastest?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 06:46 PM PST

    For instance, in DS3, faith builds can be great, but they take forever to come online. Most of the good offensive skills are locked behind bosses, buried deep in DLCS, and require very high faith to use. You end up using heals and buffs for a good chunk of the game. Do faith builds play out similarly in DS2?

    Pyromancy and sorcery seem pretty powerful in DS2, can I get some good spells and catalysts fairly quickly?

    And hexes are sort of a mystery to me as well. Seems like a hexer might be a great SL120 build, but might not be great throughout the early-mid game?

    Also, as a side note, Adaptability is a bit of a mystery to me. I know it gives you i-frames and quicker estus chugging. What's a good number to shoot for? I assume there's a soft-cap? Should I prioritize leveling ADP in the early game as quickly as possible?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/w3nch
    [link] [comments]

    What is considered a Dark Souls Veteran?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 01:34 PM PST

    I have played through remastered then immediately started scholar. I am now 2/3 through my 2nd playthrough. I have read a lot about the games on hear and I hear a lot of people referring to themselves as a Souls Vet.

    I don't consider myself a Souls Vet by any means. I am just curious what everyone consider make a Souls Veteran.

    submitted by /u/tunamike20
    [link] [comments]

    Return to Life

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 07:07 AM PST

    Im back online you magnificant bastards. I parted with my partner after little bit over 10 years of relationship - so the last days weren't funny. Since I was the one to leave, things were quite chaotic - but I managed to get back online just the day before the Return to Drangleic!

    So back to the important things - i definetly want to roleplay a bit to make things more exciting. I narrowed choices down to two characters, I ask you to help me choose from:

    1.: Vorcan - Mistress of the Assassins Guild of Darujhistan. Assassin Mage: Dual wield knives, backed up with magic; light armor.

    2.: Karsa Orlong: Big bad Brute, wielding a big ass Sword (is there a flintstone Sword in DS2?) - wears furs or no armor at all. I want to add some wonders - Karsa Orlong has an innate resistance to magic and infections as well as a supernatural ability to heal from his wounds. Ideas (I never playd wonders so I have no clue).

    What do you say :) ?

    submitted by /u/Diskovski
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know what’s going on with these servers?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 12:57 PM PST

    I'm trying to play through SotFS with my buddy and it can not connect to the dark souls server. I ran into this problem a couple days ago and eventually gave up trying to connect. The next day I figured I'd try again and was able to connect. I loaded in, dropped a white sign to help with a boss and surprisingly was summoned by someone. I convinced my friend to buy the game so we can play through and now neither one of us are able to connect. I looked and couldn't find any word by From Software about them taking the servers down for dark souls 2. We are playing on Xbox one of that makes any difference.

    submitted by /u/PurdiDrive
    [link] [comments]

    Elana

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 09:06 AM PST

    Strategies for Elana? She is easy as hell then she summons fucking Velstadt and then she constant teleports to me and swipes me joining in on Velstadts combos leaving me screwed. Any tips? Edit: beat Elana 3rd try i was just really impatient at this point so when I died twice to Velstadt I thought it was over but then I realized she seems to summon him at low hp for me atleast so by then I could just do a mad dash and hit with heavy great soul arrow

    submitted by /u/timmy567840
    [link] [comments]

    Hey Everyone :D

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 12:46 PM PST

    Hi guys

    I've been playing this game for quite a few years now, and I can say it is my favourite Dark Souls game by far and one of the main reasons is the PVP.

    I love playing PVP and unfortunately there is zero content of it on youtube in 2020 so I decided to create a channel where I will upload pvp sessions (at least 1 a week) so if u are interested on it go and check it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMk3g2hPZgU&t=63s

    Critics are always precciated if they are with respect and if u want me to try builds comment it and i will try it :D.

    submitted by /u/ByGhostXx
    [link] [comments]

    How does the agape ring work exactly?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 12:14 PM PST

    So overtime I was able to figure out the whole point was to keep your soul memory from going up for multiplayer but now I'm curious, is there a way to claim those souls or are they lost forever?

    submitted by /u/MachinaZero
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment