• Breaking News

    Friday, February 21, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 10:09 PM PST

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    How Dark Souls speedrunners exploited death to create the perfect skip

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 11:51 AM PST

    Hey there,

    Recently I got interviewed by PC Gamer about Sen's Gate Skip, a glitch that I've discovered in 2016 and is very relevant for Dark Souls speedruns. Feel free to check the article and ask me any other questions if you have some!

    https://www.pcgamer.com/how-dark-souls-speedrunners-exploited-death-to-create-the-perfect-skip/

    submitted by /u/CapitaineToinon
    [link] [comments]

    New challenge run idea

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 08:16 PM PST

    Just normal Dark Souls except every time you manually turn the camera you scream at the top of your lungs

    submitted by /u/Le4rd
    [link] [comments]

    Playing Dark Souls is nothing short of playing in a painting.

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 05:17 AM PST

    I've gone through this game countless times but it never fails to amaze me how Miyazaki and the team managed to create such a heavy atmosphere. From the near-silent and isolated New Londo Ruins, to the awe-inspiring Ash Lake and the relaxing Firelink Shrine, every area has it's own atmosphere.

    This feels very evident to me with the incredible view you get at the very top of Sen's Fortress. You get an amazing view of the Burg and Parish, and a look at the lower areas of Lordran. With no-HUD, it's easy to be so immersed in the world of the game when granted with these views.

    Definitely looking forward to seeing how Elden Ring approaches video game immersion and atmosphere.

    submitted by /u/Potatoslayer2
    [link] [comments]

    Some of my Dark Souls Illustrations

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 01:07 AM PST

    These are all Ink Pen & Paper Illustrations, scanned in with a few tweaks.

    I've done a few Souls inspired drawings over the years, but these are the most modern ones.

    Bonfire https://imgur.com/9iZDbU6

    The Shrine https://imgur.com/fucxoB1

    Anri of Astora https://imgur.com/yY2qjmz

    Undead by Nature, Unmatched in Skill (image inspired by Veselekov's "Rogue Warrior" Dark Souls 80's parody video. https://imgur.com/EngtKP5

    Enjoy! I have instagram, facebook and take commissions etc.

    submitted by /u/KnightofMirrah
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for a Bloodborne player

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 02:23 PM PST

    Basically the title. I have played Bloodborne, nioh and dead cells. I saw the dark souls collection on sale so thought I'd give the og a shot. So far I'm really enjoying the atmosphere and story, but the combat just won't click for me. I think I'm being too aggressive like the their games encouraged. Just can't get the hang of parrying. Any advice would be much appreciated.

    Side note: the Taurus deamon fell off the stage! I'm fuming, nearly had him too

    submitted by /u/Fudge-man
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls Discord Server

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 04:15 AM PST

    I'm starting a new dark souls server on discord, to this day we have 9 members. We also have a combination of bots as well and are still in the process of adding reaction roles. If youd like, then come along and join!

    My discord: AbyssWatcherBacon#0346

    submitted by /u/Bacon-Cheif
    [link] [comments]

    First time player here, just made it to Anor Londo. Holy Shit!

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 09:59 PM PST

    Chillllllls man! When those demon guys took me up there, just wow! One of the most beautiful places I've ever seen in a video game! It's right up there with Bioshock!

    This game is pure art!!!

    submitted by /u/Yeetman2377
    [link] [comments]

    Is Dark Souls based off of (Dante’s) Hell?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 08:53 PM PST

    I'm currently reading The Inferno by Dante Alighieri (Only onto Circle 5) and I can't stop noticing how much the described Hell reminds me of the world of Dark Souls. Lots of ascending and descending, Hollowed people, souls are a common theme, hostile weird monster, and just the descriptions of some of these places are so similar to Dark Souls. Was Dante's Inferno an inspiration for the game? (Circle 4 and 5 remind me a ton of blight town btw.)

    submitted by /u/zstrafekiller
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on starting Dark Souls Remastered

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 04:18 AM PST

    I just bought Dark Souls Remastered and would like some beginning advice before I start playing it.

    I've played both Bloodborne and GOW and loved them, but my guess is there's differences between Dark Souls and both of those games.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Nazgulthatscool
    [link] [comments]

    Nintendo switch

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 01:39 AM PST

    Anyone willing to give me a level 0 moonlight great sword?

    submitted by /u/Jomeson
    [link] [comments]

    so i wasn’t supposed to fight sif after ringing the first bell, hug?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 10:47 PM PST

    that explains why he was so fucking hard

    submitted by /u/Shadows4
    [link] [comments]

    I DID IT!

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 04:43 PM PST

    I beat Gwyn first try! Never played Dark Souls before, beat him with out a guide or anything!

    submitted by /u/Hypotenuse27
    [link] [comments]

    Cool fact I thought you all would enjoy

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 10:35 AM PST

    I'm sure you all know by now that in Gwynns boss theme the only notes played are white notes. But I was reading the Witcher books today and I found out that in their language "elder speech" (not sure what language it derives from) "Gwyn" means white. Pretty interesting

    submitted by /u/imfinnnanut
    [link] [comments]

    Having trouble getting into DS2 and DS3

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 02:54 AM PST

    Hey everyone,

    I'm sort of new to the SoulsBorne games. I just came off of Dark Souls 1, which I found to be an absolute masterpiece. I'm also working on NG+ currently. I'm at Ornstein and Smough, and they're kicking my ass in about two hits.

    Anyway, I figured I'd continue the series and play DS2. I don't really like it. I feel that the game is just hard for the sake of being hard and not hard for the sake of teaching perseverance. Rather than strategically placed enemies, I'm coming across a ton of enemies at once in cramped spaces, or one OP enemy amongst 10 other smaller enemies.

    I put DS2 on the back burner since I'm aware of it being the black sheep of the family. I figured I'd go retry after beating the rest of the games. I decided to give DS3 a shot.

    My issue with DS3 is that it feels like it doesn't have that same genius world design that DS1 had. The controls feel awkward, I feel like I don't have as much control over my character this time. Parrying seems near-impossible and I've been finding all these basic weapons but am not levelled enough to use them. I can't level up because it doesn't give me an option at the bonfires.

    Can someone explain to me what I'm missing here?

    submitted by /u/BunsofthePatriots
    [link] [comments]

    Would Like to get started at PvP but...

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 05:59 PM PST

    I am currently level 167 but i have pretty good weapons and spells, i have heard it is barely impossible to find a good match with that level, should i try in this character or transfer my stuff to another character?

    submitted by /u/TheRedditPig1
    [link] [comments]

    I actually hate myself

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 08:46 PM PST

    I just accidentally killed solaire, and I dont even know if I want to keep going through my playthrough

    submitted by /u/imlazydwi
    [link] [comments]

    Taurus Demon: Second Evolution (Pokemon design inspired by Dark Souls Boss Art Challenge)

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 03:48 PM PST

    Lore wise, why do titanite slabs drop from dark wraiths, and blue titanite slabs from butterflys?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 01:14 PM PST

    I think with Dark souls 1 and Miyazaki, no content was provided without scrutiny so we can assume everything that happens (short of glitches) is part of the lore in dark souls.

    If we assume that the blacksmith deity fraternized with the witch of Izalith, then there's an obvious connection as to why the chaos eaters drop red titanite slabs.

    I can speculate a mild connection between the blue titanite slabs and the butterflies found in the moonlight garden. Seath needed weapons created to guard his archives and his crystal. He likely tried to alchemize the moonlight butterfly (that help to create the moonlight spear) with a blue titanite slab he collected from the fallen blacksmith deity to create some sort of weapon or monster for his protection. It may or may not have worked.

    I don't see any connection between the darkwraiths and the titanite slabs.

    submitted by /u/Tzilung
    [link] [comments]

    I decided to do another DS1 playthrough on 360, pvp?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 02:10 AM PST

    I picked DS back up again recently, and to whet the appetite a bit before I decide whether to get DS3 or Remastered with the Gamestop giftcard I found laying around in my room, I'm just playing the copy of DS1 I have for 360. This might be a long shot, but is the pvp scene for the OG DS1 any amount of active on the 360?

    submitted by /u/Manticron
    [link] [comments]

    Dark bead on a faith build

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 01:58 AM PST

    So I recently beat the game and am more or less finishing my faith pve build, but I did some experimenting with dark bead using the oolacile ivory catalyst and this thing is stupidly OP, and my int is only 16.

    So far this spell isn't only easier to get than sunlight spear, but I can get far more uses out of it along with dark orb and pursuers than all of my offensive miracles combined. Can miracles even compete or should I stick to dark sorceries if I'm going for max ranged dps.

    submitted by /u/Lord_of_Sulfur
    [link] [comments]

    More randomizer shenanigans

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 10:42 AM PST

    Just made it to the butterfly. It was Gwyn, whom I got 12000 souls and the freaking plank shield for beating.

    F

    submitted by /u/OkamiBen493
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing any dark souls, I'm currently at the beginning of blighttown and I need help

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 05:48 PM PST

    I currently have the claymore+2 and I feel like not doing enough damage, is there any way I could get a similar weapon but better? Or should I upgrade the claymore even more?

    submitted by /u/soft0_and_wet0
    [link] [comments]

    Monster Hunter is similar to dark souls

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 04:18 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment