• Breaking News

    Monday, February 17, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 10:13 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Aava Is One Of The Best and Difficult Bosses I've Fought Yet.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 05:40 AM PST

    Her arena is beautiful. Her movements, majestic and her visual design is good too. She has a nice mix of speed and damage and a more varied moveset that I didn't expect out of a sabre-tooth tiger. If this is what the DLCs have to offer I can't wait to get through the rest. (especially after the lackluster bosses in the main game)

    submitted by /u/Rider-VPG
    [link] [comments]

    One thing I dont see gets mentioned enough

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 12:59 PM PST

    Chest traps.

    I think they deserve some love.

    They're not perfect, but, they brought something new to opening chests. Something dark souls 3 didn't follow up on, unfortunately.

    Mimics are all well and good but I like the randomness of some chests. Is it poison? Or a crossbow? Or that rare exploding one that's difficult to roll away from early game?

    The best thing is for a first play through, you canr just attack them or look at them to know. You find out when you open it, and it teaches you to be on your guard all the time.

    submitted by /u/slutty_marshmallows
    [link] [comments]

    Take the "Stingy Man's" Challenge

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 01:29 PM PST

    Try to beat the whole game WITHOUT spending a single soul, so that means SL1, no upgrading your weapons, or buying anything. You can only get weapons, rings, and sets by questlines or loot and thats it.

    submitted by /u/N_Word_Nito69420
    [link] [comments]

    Help with lud?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 11:43 AM PST

    Sm is 4 mil Pc plz help

    submitted by /u/The-True-Apex-Gamer
    [link] [comments]

    HIFU using a soul vessel

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 11:32 AM PST

    I recently used a soul vessel to reallocate my points. I'm a sorcerer, so my strength isn't that high. I checked my sword and shield and they both required 15. So that's what I set it to. What I didn't notice is that my Havel armor has a minimum of 20. I discovered this by accident. I unequipped some of my Havel armor and re-equipped it. And the game tell me that I didn't have the minimum level for it. While I might normally just level up 5 times to balance it out, I'm towards the end of the game, have used most / all of the soul vessels and am currently at a +200 level. It costs me 200k souls to level up. While looking at soul vessel strategies when I was stuck on Sir Alonne, I read that you can get another one Lost Bastille by using a bonfire ascetic. So I used one there and ran through the enemies to the chest location, picked up the soul vessel, and just teleported out of there. I've now reallocated my points and have set my strength to 20.

    Not having the minimum requirements put big penalties on the armor. I was wondering why I was getting the crap kicked out of me but Burnt Ivory King. I thought he was just really tough. Little did I know.

    submitted by /u/beyphy
    [link] [comments]

    Royal rat authority

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 11:29 AM PST

    Worst boss so far, those 4 little shits are killing me, cant even hit them properly. Those are not rats, they are dogs, and I hate dogs ever since capra demon.

    submitted by /u/Organized-Konfusion
    [link] [comments]

    So I'm running a D&D party through Brume Tower.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 08:36 PM PST

    PLAYER 1: What are these iron wedges we keep finding?

    PLAYER 2: Who cares, they can't be that important. Probably just set pieces or something.

    Party brute forces past all the ashes idols and finally gets to Raime

    PLAYER 1: WHAT THE FUCK this dude has like a BILLION attacks and is regenerating like CRAZY!

    DM (me): After getting annoyed by your persistence, you see him raise his massive greatsword above his head and enchant it with a dark, oppressive flame that seems as though it could burn your very soul to cinder.

    PLAYER 2: THAT IS UNNECESSARY

    PLAYER 1: gets one-hit by the big sweeping attack

    PLAYER 3: Guys we fucked up somewhere

    submitted by /u/SirRaiuKoren
    [link] [comments]

    Aldia is going to give me a hear attack someday.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 12:31 PM PST

    I defeated the demon of song then left and then cane back to light the undead crypt fire and it scared the crap out of me

    submitted by /u/Rumplestiltsskins
    [link] [comments]

    Why is this the black sheep of the trilogy?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 12:09 PM PST

    This one always get the most hate

    submitted by /u/BeanSizedKids
    [link] [comments]

    It' settled then.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 10:22 PM PST

    It's settled then.. Dark souls 2 has become my 2nd favorite soulsborne after Dark souls 1. It tops 3 and bloodborne just by size. The game has so much content! The dlc are all great, Ng+ offers so much more in Ds2 than the other games and the variety in enemies, npc's, bosses and areas is so diverse and colorfull... even tho the movement and combat is lacking in my opinion, the world more than makes up for it.

    That's all thank you.

    submitted by /u/syndicate370
    [link] [comments]

    Cant find the cristal lizard after rat king

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 11:53 AM PST

    Pls help

    submitted by /u/BlackwinIV
    [link] [comments]

    How do you defeat Darkluker with a melee character?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 05:00 AM PST

    1) I am at level 151 2) stats affected: Vig 45, End and Vit 30, ST 45, Adp (agility 100) .

    I am using the Havel set with the endurance shield.

    submitted by /u/jcgonzmo
    [link] [comments]

    I love this game but i’m having a hard time with something.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 08:06 AM PST

    I've been revisiting Drangleic and kicking ass with my faith build i started. Having a great time. Dark Souls 2 has a certain charm about it and it's a totally different flavor of Souls game compared to all the other games by From. It's got it's own unique engine and it implements a lot of changes from the DaS1. Always felt like a big experiment to me to see how new ideas will work and see how people like them and alas, many things were kept for DaS3. It's different and I didn't really accept this game well when it came out because it felt so different from the first but I grew to like and appreciate it as time has gone by. That being said it's not without it's issues but, you become aware of those things and learn how to deal with them and understand the whole flow of things(hitbox issues is one of them but it doesn't kill the game for me).

    One thing that drives me crazy though and really angers me is some item drops. I really, really want the heide knight sword. I want it when I can really use it the most: after forest of fallen giants. I've tried rusted coins, explorer hat and the twin dragon shield. I've killed dozens of heide knights and now im on to using the bonfire ascetic I found in Lost Bastille and to no avail with the ones hanging around the first bonfire in Heides Tower of Flame. Now I have to take all this time dealing with these harder old knights plus the extra mace old knight they threw in the central area. I just think it's really shitty that they give you such a good weapon like that in the beginning only to take it away from you in Sotfs.. why? Now my only chance is to wait until i get more rusted coins and the Gold serpent ring and by then I mean, half the games done... sigh i love the challenges in these games and I feel like it even builds personal character in a way. These are great games and they teach patience and can evoke plenty of frustration at times, which can be good. For me it helped me confront some anger issues and learn to think differently. I love all the souls games ALOT. This has genuinely upset me and I honestly believe I probably have a better chance buying ten scratch off lottery tickets and winning $500 than I do finding a Heide knight sword out of ten heide knights.

    I'm wondering if anybody has any advice on how I can find one. I'm pretty sure this is all for nothing and all I can do is defeat all the knights until they're gone with what I have, or wait until further on in the game when I have more access to item discovery boosts and another bonfire ascetic. By then i'll just be wanting the sun sword anyway.. ugh.. I only have so much time after work to waste on this game doing painful item farming like this instead of progressing and having fun. I just dont want to move forward to huntsmans copse until I have it but i'm ready to just give up on it and I normally never give up on anything in this game.

    If anybody would care to meet up on Sotfs when im out of work around 6-7pm est and give me an extra they may have I can try and give you a good fight or trade something i may have(not like i have anything special this early on but..).

    submitted by /u/effinwayshegoes
    [link] [comments]

    Is the lost sinner set worth it?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 09:18 AM PST

    Is it worth getting it in any way shape or form?

    submitted by /u/OptimalDelight
    [link] [comments]

    If Vendrick was a Crusader Kings 2 character, what would his Dynasty name be?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 08:51 AM PST

    If Vendrick was a Crusader Kings 2 character, what would his Dynasty name be?

    Since he is the founder of his dynasty, Vendrickling/Vendrisid/Vendrid/Vendricks/Vendrickman would come to mind.

    But going by the land he founded his kingdom on, he could also take the Dynasty name of Drangleidid/Majulid/of Drangleic/Drangleicman would fit too.

    What do you think? What Dynasty name do you think would be fitting for Vendrick?

    submitted by /u/StraightOuttaOlaphis
    [link] [comments]

    Co op anyone on PS

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 02:29 PM PST

    Ps4 players want to help me run through the game so I can get through a little faster

    submitted by /u/hyrulelorule
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox Service unavailable

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 05:24 AM PST

    Just getting a new toon created and WSS to jump straight into RtD when it starts but can't connect. Anyone else having problems? Anyone getting in with no problems?

    submitted by /u/stebe0
    [link] [comments]

    Company of chapmions

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 02:07 PM PST

    So i know this covenant makes it so enemies respawn and makes the game a lot more difficult but i dont know what happens when i leave this covenant does the games difficulty go back to the same it was before or even if i leave the game will it be as hard as being in the covenant

    submitted by /u/rigzn
    [link] [comments]

    Great sythe vs sythe of nahr alma

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 03:23 AM PST

    Which would be better for a pve hex dark weapons build? Any other good options?

    submitted by /u/BlackwinIV
    [link] [comments]

    Recommended build for a first time player of DS2?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 07:38 AM PST

    I've started playing this game after I've beat all the other soulsbournekiro games a thousand times. I don't know why, but I really find this harder than the others, what am I doing wrong. I'm doing a melee build with the bastard sword to start with, I'm level 40 and I'm stuck trying to get to Cathedral of Blue. Someone help please

    submitted by /u/Red_Saturn
    [link] [comments]

    Does anything drop a flamberge?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 12:32 AM PST

    Moreover, is there a quicker place to get it than over half the game in at chancellor wellager? I know you can get Lucerne quicker, not sure from where but I've got it before in the first half of the game.

    submitted by /u/SuckMyCatgirl
    [link] [comments]

    What will happen if i but the sotfs upgrade? Will i still be able to play the original ds2 game or not?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 01:19 PM PST

    That's all i want to know, tanks

    submitted by /u/Giubby
    [link] [comments]

    Build Question(s)

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 09:14 AM PST

    Just started DS2 sotfs (ps4) after getting the DS1 rem. platinum. I feel like i'm starting from scratch, the 2 games don't seem to play the same, which may be ok once i master the ds2 play style.

    I went full dex build in DS1 and loved it, using murakumo +15 all day err day. So, i was planning to go full dex in ds2 but so far it isn't great. Everyone says rapier is OP, but after dodging it often misses enemies, and certainly cant hit multiple at a time if not lined up correctly.....So, i switched to uchi +6 and it's a bit better, but i can't ruin enemies like i could in dS1 with great scythe and murakumo. is that normal? is it just a tougher game?

    I started leveling up faith recently for buffs/lightning dmg, but i'm not sure that was the way to go (dex/fth).

    I have a soul vessel and im wondering if there's any reason to respec to pure dex or quality or something, or if i should keep going the direction i'm going. Stats below:

    SL66

    VGR: 14

    END: 12

    VIT: 10

    ATN: 10

    STR: 16

    DEX: 21

    ADP: 13 (AGL: 92, i know i should get it to like 105)

    INT: 8 (to get Carhillion to Majula for trophy)

    FTH: 15

    Am I doing it wrong?

    PRogress: I've cleared last giant, dragonrider (but not old dragonslayer), flextile sentry, ruined sentry in lost bastille, and i'm about to hit up the bellfry gargs next i think.

    Still planning on going for platinum trophy, so i know i need 3 INT/FTH to talk to some petrified dude in a jail cell.

    Thanks in advance for the help, and reading this god awful novel :D

    TL;DR

    Should i go for Dex, Dex/fth, quality

    submitted by /u/TOXICpks
    [link] [comments]

    My experience

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 07:00 AM PST

    Playthrough 1. Tanky Strength build. I hated this game...

    Playthrough 2. Vanquishers Seal. I had a lot of fun...

    In summary I love this game when I'm playing it one of the dumbest ways possible

    submitted by /u/Eggplantpick
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment