• Breaking News

    Monday, February 10, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 10:13 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Doing a 'No Bonfire' Run makes the game feel completely different, and Shrine of Amana much more hellish.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 03:17 AM PST

    Started one of my characters on NG+ with the idea of doing a No Death/No Bonfire Run. Didn't get too far with the 'no death' idea (thank you Skeleton Lord bonewheels), but thought "hey, I've still got the 'No Bonfire' run on, I'll stick with that!"

    The great thing about not being able to rest at bonfires is that it completely changes how much you need to plan ahead. You're allowed to light a bonfire, which sets it as your spawnpoint, but not rest at it. This need to 'plan ahead' makes itself very prominent once you reach Drangleic Castle. If you go along lighting every bonfire, then once you get the King's Ring you'll find that you've absolutely screwed yourself over, since that means that you have to walk back out of the Crypt and the Shrine.

    I decided to ignite the first Undead Crypt bonfire incase of a death at Velstadt - the last bonfire I had lit up before that was the second Amana bonfire, since I'd been planning ahead for what bonfires I'd need on my way back. That 'planning' almost wasn't enough. I became stuck in Amana since all of my equipment broke. I remember thinking "Oh my rings broke! I'll just warp to Majula and repair.. wait.."

    A high risk/reward thing to do would have been to only light up one Drangleic Castle bonfire, and try to make it to Velstadt deathless. If it pays off - great! No need to go back through the Shrine, just use a homeward bone and you're back to the Castle. Unfortunately I didn't end up doing that, and ended up cursing Tanimura's name for the 2 hours that I was stuck in the Shrine for. But I got such a feeling of relief once I ignited the first Amana bonfire on my way back.

    Overall it was a very fun (and painful) way to play the game. Planning what checkpoints to respawn at, managing repair powder/lifegem usage - lots of elements that you don't really need to think about in the main game.

    submitted by /u/Potatoslayer2
    [link] [comments]

    I'm a disappointment to this sub

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 12:30 PM PST

    A couple of days ago, I reached Hunter's Copse, and found my way to the Undead Purgatory just to get my ass beaten by the NPC invader blocking it. I then decided that I should make it as easy as possible for my summon to just walk up to the NPC and kick his ass for me, in case I killed myself on the way. So I cleared out all those pillar-jumping asshats leading up to the NPC, and summoned a sunbro down by the bonfire. Then I just ran ahead and he seemed quite confused about me just running about, but followed along. When we reached the bridge, it was my time to shine aaand... I fell down from the very first hole in the bridge. I cleared those enemies so I wouldn't fuck up, but managed to anyway!

    I hope my summon got a good laugh out of me just straight up swan diving off that bridge.

    submitted by /u/male_moneypenny
    [link] [comments]

    Farming the Mad Warrior armor set is driving me insane.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 05:25 PM PST

    So i've come back to dark souls 2, hurray. Wanted to do a samurai-themed character, and i liked the look of the mad warrior set so i decided to farm for it.

    Got most of the pieces pretty easily. Gauntlets first, then headpiece, sword and then chestpiece.

    But these leggings. Those fucking pants are the hardest thing in the world to get. Here i am, having now grinded 4 hours with no sign of his leggings dropping. It's gotten to a point where i think i might already have looted them and just missed it, but that is seemingly incorrect.

    I think my mind has gone insane, the entirety of my dark souls 2 experience now revolves around going up a ladder to check if a red guy is present, and then repeating over and over again, all while i hear the ever-present lava in the background which i will probably continue to hear in my sleep.

    This post isn't really to ask for help or anything, just wanted to vent some frustrations.

    EDIT: And OF COURSE he drops the leggings on literally the first attempt after i made this post. Thanks for all the support everyone!

    submitted by /u/Yaxion
    [link] [comments]

    Ok what's with the combat?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 08:41 AM PST

    I'm liking this game so far but the combat feels, off or something, I can't put my finger on it but it feels sluggish and clunky. The combat just doesn't feel as fluid as it did in DS1 or BB.

    At first, I thought "well I was just playing Bloodborne so maybe I need to get used to the slower combat" well then I played DS1 after a month of not touching it and the transition from BB to DS1 was seamless, despite being two different styles.

    So now I'm starting to wonder if it's just a thing with the game itself. Am I the only one experiencing this?

    submitted by /u/wwttabltwrk
    [link] [comments]

    What the heck is going on at the shrine?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 12:49 PM PST

    So, I've noticed, every time I pass the shrine, I check the bloodstains (their interesting sometimes), and lately, about 90 percent of the bloodstains are people walking in a completely straight line (as if a rubber band on the stick or a weight on the key), right into a wall, slide along the wall, and walk straight off the edge. They look like bots but I don't know why anyone would bother botting this game. Anyone have any ideas as to what's going on there?

    submitted by /u/werlious
    [link] [comments]

    Just noticed that I do it all the time with any other game.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 01:34 PM PST

    How do I get through the undead crypt?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 01:32 PM PST

    I don't want to turn this into a rage post but HOLY SH*T that was the first time I ever rage quit at Dark Souls.

    I have no idea how FromSoft thought that right outside the Velstadt door was a good place to put a fcking clusterfck of enemies but okay.

    Anyway, I have everything down it's just the area outside Velstadt's door. I just wanna beat this thrown together mess of a game but FromSoft enjoys making their players play through bullsh*t.

    submitted by /u/Welt__Schmerz
    [link] [comments]

    About Shrine of Amana

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 07:29 AM PST

    Why the door for the room that contains Vendrick's soul can be opened only if human? If it is a way to stop Nashandra from opening it, I don't get it. Isn't she one of the most "human" creatures in Drangleic?

    submitted by /u/SupahSourCream
    [link] [comments]

    Where is the Queen in NG+?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 09:36 AM PST

    Just fought her 2 bodyguards with the help of the 2 NPC summons and... they vanished, and no Nashandra appeared, and I'm like... is that normal? Leaving the game on without quitting just in case I am missing something.

    Did I do something wrong?

    submitted by /u/sabrosafb
    [link] [comments]

    Why are randos in Drangleic Castle?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 07:51 AM PST

    The royal guards, the syan knights and the primordial knights are fine. Also the sentinels if we consider the lost bastille as a creation of a past king (my bet is on the old iron king) and then occupied by Vendrick. But why are deset pyromancers, weeaboo alonne knight, manikins and an executioner's two headed horse there as well?

    submitted by /u/Tharati
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls II service is not available.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 06:56 AM PST

    Playing on Xbox one and having an issue logging into game server. Any one else having issues?

    submitted by /u/xlxViciousxlx
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice on planning out the build for PVE (SofFS)

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 06:31 AM PST

    Helllo fellow Dark Souls players.

    I just finished Dark Souls Remastered with a build that made the game really enjoyable for me and I need your advice on how to replicate it in DS2.

    My build was based on the following gear in DS1Remastered:

    - Zweihander

    - Grass Crest Shield

    - Black Iron Armor

    - Havel's Ring

    - Lautrec's Ring

    - Pyromancy Flame

    - Slight Faith buffs, Sunblade Miracle, heals.

    My Stats setup:

    Vitality - 30

    Attunement - 20
    Endurance - 40

    Strength - 27

    Dexterity - 11

    Resistance - 10

    Intelligence - 9

    Faith - 30 (last stat to lvl)

    This build allowed me to wear heavy armour with high poise under 50% equip load. Great pool of health and stamina with quick regeneration, big melee damage, ranged fire spells, and some faith utility. I pushed my Faith as a last stat, so Sunblade came into play at the end of the game, used resins before.

    Great thing was that my build was already shaping up by lvl 40, and from there I was just improving my stats.

    ------------------

    Now, how would I go about my build in DS2SotFS?

    As I know, stats and mechanics in the second instalment are different, so I cannot just copy paste it.

    Gear:

    Weapon: Greatsword early game, then maybe switch to Zweihander. Should I Infuse it or leave at standard reinforcement?

    Shield: which one? Is Blossom Kite Shield worth it? Maybe Drangleic shield.

    Armor: Heide?

    Rings: ?

    Is pyromancy flame viable in DS2?

    Now, what about Stats? I would like the build to take basic shape by lvl 50/60, so Early to Mid Game build.

    I would like to have decent Stamina and Health pool, with good equip load. ( Should I keep it below 50% or 70% in DS2?)

    Strength required to use Greatsword/Zweihander.

    What about Adaptability? I've read that agility and it's impact on rolling is important.

    Thank you for your advice!

    submitted by /u/BooTheRPGHamster
    [link] [comments]

    PVP in 2020?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 04:43 AM PST

    Thinking of coming back to DS2 for mainly PVP what's the current Meta for SL and Location on PS4? And is PVP in the Wild / Arena very active?

    submitted by /u/caatoligy
    [link] [comments]

    Is 2 mill soul memory a good place to stop for summoning and invasions?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 01:20 PM PST

    Giant Souls kept in NG+?!

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 08:08 AM PST

    I was surprised when I realized when the time came to kill Vendrick I still had 4 Giant Souls in my inventory from my NG run.

    It made the NG+ fight easier than the first one because I had only 4 out of 5 back then, but now at 8 his defenses were even lower, so it was a walk in the park.

    I assumed they would have removed them when starting NG+ like other key items.

    submitted by /u/sabrosafb
    [link] [comments]

    An interesting question...

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 05:05 AM PST

    How the hell does Lucatiel make it inside Aldia's keep? You must own the king's ring to open the door, we are the only ones who have it and I think there is only 1 king's ring

    So how is it possible we find her in the first bonfire??

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    Poise?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 10:36 AM PST

    How exactly does poise work in DS2, do I need mega amounts or does it basically not exist and you just get stunlocked by rapiers 24/7

    submitted by /u/caatoligy
    [link] [comments]

    NG++, here are my stats, what do I do now?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 10:19 AM PST

    Just reached NG++, using a INT build that worked quite well so far.

    Question 1: at 72 INT, should I bother increasing it?

    Using mostly sorceries. FAITH is 30.

    Question 2: I see my hit points for my staff increasing in the stats when I increase FAITH, but is that really helping me out when casting sorceries?

    Other stats, not sure about the names because I play in French

    Vitality : 32 Endurance? 25 (the one that drives the green endurance bar) Vigor? 20 Attunement : 40

    submitted by /u/sabrosafb
    [link] [comments]

    New to DkS2. Is the rapier as OP as folks make it out?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 10:14 AM PST

    I ask cause I started the game yesterday and restarted a few times testing out different build and finally settled on the rapier cause I got sick of other swords bouncing off walls. But then I started doing build research and folks were like "oh it's so op that's no fun"

    I personally like op cause it means you have solved the formula that is dark souls.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/RatedRPG-YT
    [link] [comments]

    I actually really love fighting the Smelter Demon

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 04:30 PM PST

    His attacks are so interesting. His three phases are quite original I feel. I've died to him A LOT and I'm a little salty about it but his battle design is just so awesome I enjoy fighting him.

    I'm a little disappointed he wasn't a great soul. I saved him for later after I defeated Old Iron King (A.K.A Cheese You Into The Lava King) and his fight honestly felt disappointing.

    I know this is most likely a very unpopular opinion but I wanted to share it.

    submitted by /u/Welt__Schmerz
    [link] [comments]

    How to use Bonfire Ascetic to get Twin Pursuers' fight?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 09:18 AM PST

    Do I have to kill Nashandra (Lord of this quarter) for it to work? I'm on my first playthrough of Sotfs and have defeated Twin Dragonrider and Looking Glass Knight.

    submitted by /u/tokuniimiwanai
    [link] [comments]

    Any Funny Head of Vengarl Stories?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 04:22 AM PST

    Just, well, you know.

    Amused by seeing a head as summonable, but then getting a fucking Powerhouse

    submitted by /u/Sigma-Boi
    [link] [comments]

    A DS2 inspired song I made

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 04:37 PM PST

    I'm working on a musical project where I write songs based on my favorite video games and this is one I made based on Dark Souls II.
    Its unique atmosphere, story and characters definitely make DS2 one of the most inspiring games I've ever played, I could probably write a dozen songs just about this one game. And whenever I do, it makes me want to come back and play through it again, lol.

    Would love to hear what my fellow bearers of the curse think about it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2ffNeniaLc

    submitted by /u/RoxasTwistedMind
    [link] [comments]

    Any advice for my first Dark Souls 2 (SotFS) run?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 09:01 PM PST

    I just got a computer capable of running Dark Souls 2 (SotFS) and I know just a smidge. I will probably go for a STR build but I don't know what weapons to use and all that, especially if there is anything I could miss that would be beneficial to my STR run. General advice is also greatly appreciated but keep in mind I have played DS3, DS1, and BloodBorne.

    Spoilers are completely fine with me.

    submitted by /u/Ratchoo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment