• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 5, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I saved Solaire and now I feel bad

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 07:03 PM PST

    Played the other DS games but finally getting around to completing DS1.

    I choose the route that saves Solaire from the sunlight maggot, but I feel pretty bad now. He sounds so depressed, and the fact that you find him where the sunlight maggot was makes me think his whole quest, this whole time, was to find the sunlight maggot. Otherwise, why would he be there and be so sad? I feel like in saving him, I robbed him of his ultimate goal (even if that goal ultimately left him insane at the end, at least he would have died happy for a bit).

    Anyways, I feel like a real jerk now. The end.

    submitted by /u/NotAnAndroid
    [link] [comments]

    The orange soap stones by pin wheel made me laugh pretty hard

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 09:54 PM PST

    Ornsteins symbolism

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 02:00 AM PST

    Have u ever noticed how ornstein is on a higher ground than smough and then has to jump down to fight beside him? I literally just realised that this could be symbolic of how he was the leader of the 4 knights but knows hes fallen from his great heights and now has to fight beside a cannibal.

    submitted by /u/imr4n_h
    [link] [comments]

    DS statue collection

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 09:47 AM PST

    Hi! How are you guys? I just wanted to show my Dark Souls statue collection. It was bigger, I used to have the entire First 4 Figures line, but I'm from Argentina and it's REALLY hard to get the statue here wirhout paying a lot of money (ussualy more than the statue itself). Now I'm collecting just the Gecco line, I do have every single one, I just have to get here the ones I'm missing in the picture (Soul of Cinder and the Bonfire). So, let me see your collection!

    https://ibb.co/cv4G9S0

    submitted by /u/Tronqui
    [link] [comments]

    I just started my first Dark Souls playthrough and I feel so dumb

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 10:59 PM PST

    I didn't see the stairs leading to undead burg so I was smashing my head against several walls. Those walls being mainly unkillable skeletons and a necromancer

    submitted by /u/Disco5005
    [link] [comments]

    A good night (possible spoilers)

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 11:20 PM PST

    Had a pretty good night last night. Feeling ill with a cold or Coronavirus or whatever, many hours travelling, 10 hours at work welding and grinding surrounded by animal fat, meat and bone, got back to the hotel and booted up DSR on Switch Lite (bought just for working away and living in hotels).

    After dying too many times to the second Fang Boar near Duke's Archives, I released the fair maiden Dusk from her stasis in the lake, killed the Sanctuary Guardian (got his tail weapon), went back to Firelink and to the Undead Asylum, killed the Stray Demon then reached Blacksmith Vamos and joined Gravelord Servants.

    Pretty good day

    submitted by /u/VonGibbons
    [link] [comments]

    Artorias sketch

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 01:42 AM PST

    That I did while I should have listened to the physics class

    Imgur

    submitted by /u/Imor494
    [link] [comments]

    To a nice man on ps4

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 11:57 AM PST

    Thank you to the phantom that invaded today and gave me a bunch of useful items like the titanite shards, the mask of the child, and the sunlight maggot. It means a lot, who ever you are. I hope you find this post.

    submitted by /u/Craticall
    [link] [comments]

    Doing no damage to ornstein

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 11:28 PM PST

    To try and keep things short I'm new to reddit and doing my first run of dark souls. Ornstein and smough has been near impossible for me, been on it for weeks. Recently I'm able to get it down to super ornstein but then get clapped super fast. My friend said to make Quelaag's Furysword, however I'm a dumbass and used the item for souls instead of making the sword. My only good weapon is the lightning spear, however that seems to only be good on smough. Is there any weapon possible for me to obtain to damage ornstein?

    submitted by /u/sorakafan1
    [link] [comments]

    Low Level Invasions

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 07:00 PM PST

    It is sad to see that twinking is still a problem in this game. I can respect wanting to use a gimick build to scare or trick/mess with beginners. But, if you pull out Hornet Ring backstabs on low levels in Undead Burg, you gotta be the most boring person in real life lol.

    submitted by /u/captainDdavis
    [link] [comments]

    Strength weapon upgrades to the BKGS

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 04:42 AM PST

    What's up, been running with the BKGS since I could equip it but looking for a better weapon.

    Two handed demon machete is fun but a bit slow, Dragon Tooth is nice as an alternate but also a bit slow on the swings.

    I really want a BKGA but it's not a farmable drop so not holding my breath.

    The other boss soul weapons look underwhelming besides the Artorias GS variants.

    Any weapon recommendations for 40 STR, 20 DEX?

    submitted by /u/sirnightw
    [link] [comments]

    Finally part of the 7 ish percent!

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 09:56 PM PST

    Took me roughly 70h and 2.5 playthroughs on a single character. It was definitely a blast.

    I've played all the SoulsBorneKiro games and have gotten the Platinum on Demon's Souls and now Dark Souls Remastered. My intention is to go through them all in the same fashion.

    After the past year seems no games will scratch my itch as good as these, so I decided to spend 90% of my gaming time on them!!

    Can't wait for Elden Ring!!!

    Now onto Dark Souls 2 : SOTFS!!

    Woot!

    https://imgur.com/Eg2xWJz.jpg

    submitted by /u/bobyevil
    [link] [comments]

    I'm stuck in anor londo

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 03:23 AM PST

    So I killed dark sun gwendolyn and I tried to finish anor londo by going through the painting in the chapel place but it wont let me, did I fuck up or did I forget to do something any advice appreciated, btw this is my first time playing darksouls.

    submitted by /u/raiderkiller247
    [link] [comments]

    Giving psuedo rare items away at oolacile township, gave away half ready, let me knkw what you need, starting a new main acct. Dark souls remastered

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 01:09 AM PST

    Moonlight Greatsword question

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 03:11 AM PST

    What would be a recommended build/set up for using the MGS if I only wanted to use it and not additional soreries and such.

    I'm only interested in swords in this series so I've little interest in INT outside of this particular weapon so any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/upsetattack
    [link] [comments]

    Is Dancer of the Boreal Valley daughter of Gwynevere?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 02:55 AM PST

    I've been scratching my head over this for a few days, I want to know what you think or what I'm missing. I only recently noticed the description of Bountiful Sunlight and Soothing Sunlight, which says

    Special miracle granted to the maidens of Gwynevere, Princess of the Sun.

    Now, english is not my first language, so I'm not sure if the word "maidens" here directly implies to daughters? Could this mean the girls were just servants, maidens from royal families serving to Gwynevere, not actual daughters to princess? I'm confused because of my search for Gwynevere's children in Dark Souls 1 and 3.

    In DS1 you find these two miracles droping from Pisacas, the tentacle-head creature in Duke's archives. It seems strange to me that heavenly children of Gwynevere would be used as material for experiments among other Pisacas, while if they were just servants from Anor Londo, it would make much more sense to end up in Archive cells.

    In DS3 the spells are traded for souls of Dancer and Rosaria. Dancer's soul description says

    distant daughter of the formal royal family, ..

    So this also says nothing other than Dancer is either daughter or servant of Gwynevere. And then there's Rosaria, who has also some strange connection to princess, she lies in similar room and position as Gwynevere. And eventually her soul will be stolen and brought to princess chambers. But again, no direct hint if Rosaria is daughter or servant of Gwynevere.

    As far as I know, the only confirmed children of Gwynevere are Gertrude in Lothric Castle (which is guarded by Dancer btw.) and Priscilla. Theory about Lothric and Lorian doesn't seem very beliavable in my opinion, so who are the "several heavenly children" Gwynevere raised? Is it Dancer and Rosaria?

    What do you think? Also if this was explained somewhere and I missed it, feel free to direct me that way please.

    EDIT: I forgot two more things.

    1. Dancer has really significant femine proportions, I mean it's clear from the first sight that it was a woman in a first place. That's something you would expect from daughter of Goddess of Fertility, right?
    2. But then again, if Dancer and Rosaria were daughters of a Goddess, they would've been also considered as Gods, right? Then why would Pontiff fed Gwyndolin to Aldrich, as a last remaining God (if I remember correctly), and not Rosaria and/or Dancer? Dancer had close relation to Pontiff so I assume he would know about her origin/family.
    3. MAYBE that's why Leonard killed Rosaria and brough her soul to Anor Londo, to feed another God to Aldrich?

    I'm so lost in my thoughts right now. Please help.

    submitted by /u/IceCreamYouScream92
    [link] [comments]

    What happens if another Undead arrives at Firelink Shrine?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 02:30 AM PST

    Hi guys, i have been wondering what happens if another Undead comes to Lordran and wants to collect the Lordsouls but some guy already took them. Would he have to find that Undead and kill him?

    submitted by /u/Herminello
    [link] [comments]

    How should I upgrade the Greatsword?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 10:39 PM PST

    I don't really understand upgrades. The most I've done is getting my Claymore to +10. I want to start using the Greatsword because I love Berserk, but I'm not sure what to do for it. My build is mostly Strength and Endurance, with some Faith to join the sunbros. Ideally, I'd like to go with whatever upgrades would make it even more like something Guts would use.

    submitted by /u/silveraith
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best way to learn partying in DS3?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 01:48 AM PST

    When I started playing DS3 I was stupid enough to think shields would help and quickly learned that shields are useless. Right now I just spam roll but I want to learn how to parry good so I can get the good damage. I'm using the parrying dagger cause I don't wanna just take the easy route and use a katana.

    Edit: typo in title. Can't fix. Ment to say parrying.

    submitted by /u/GamingSaturn117
    [link] [comments]

    After 12 Hours and 40 Minutes I Finally Beat My First Playthrough Of Dark Souls

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 01:38 AM PST

    So I streamed my playthrough of dark souls on twitch, and finally beat the game!
    After so much rage, so many deaths and so many times of almost giving up, it's finally over....

    Now onto dark souls 3!

    Highlight of Gwyn Battle & Reaction To Finishing The Game

    submitted by /u/ChubbyCretin
    [link] [comments]

    Manus

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 01:29 AM PST

    I know this question has already been asked and some some people have answered already but I am still curious as to how Manus is able to reach through time to grab us in the present. And as for the significance of the pendant he's after, from what I read on other posts, the consensus seems to be that whatever personal significance it holds to Manus is irrelevant, he just wants it and we have it. I guess the answer could be that simple but it seems out of place for such a lore rich world that darks souls exists in. That's just what I wonder anyways, what do y'all think.

    submitted by /u/Scoobertreddit
    [link] [comments]

    I combined my favorite game with my favorite board game

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 05:19 PM PST

    Having seen a concept by PharrosTV

    I set out on a weekend project to bring my most favorite game to my favorite board game.

    I introduce through Tabletop simulator DARK SOULS PREPARE TO TRADE EDITION the playable free monopoly version of Dark Souls 1.

    Dark Souls 1 is my all-time favorite game but I know I could never get some of my more casual friends to play it. So what I did was bring Lodran to them. With DS1 themed Custom board, property cards, chance, and chest cards all in the monopoly format.

    Enjoy

    submitted by /u/TheeAdeptBranch
    [link] [comments]

    What's the dumbest thing you did on your first playthrough?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 07:47 AM PST

    Sorry if these come up every week or so... but I still love seeing new responses haha

    I have two. One I have no excuse, the other was an honest mistake.

    1 - I knew very well that you had to finish Anor Londo before going for the late game areas. I still decided to hit up Tomb of the Giants. When I got to the golden fog wall, I was kind of like "ok yep - that's right - can't get in" and the implication of having to run back up didn't hit me until that point. I then explored Ash Lake, also without Lord Vessel, but I didn't really know you didn't have a fast way back up. Same thing, not nearly as bad as Tomb because I was way higher level than Blighttown required, but it still sucked balls.

    2 - My main weapon was the Great Scythe for the last chunk of the game. I didn't really understand the gems very well, and looked online and saw the Crystal would give me a good damage buff. So I put that on my Scythe, and it broke... and I was like "wtf you can't repair this shit?!". I was able to level it up one more time, which for whatever reason re-repairs it... I then had to hold onto it and not use it until I was SURE that I could kill the boss during that attempt. This was for 4 Kings specifically... I spent about 9-10 tries getting used to it, and testing Havel's fatsuit, and then I just went in swinging. It broke again and I had to quick-swap mid fight, but thankfully I took them out... RIP Great Scythe :(

    submitted by /u/whiskey_agogo
    [link] [comments]

    How Dark Souls made me have a more positive out look on life and the meaning of not giving up skeleton.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 01:29 PM PST

    As some one who has had depression ever since my teenage years, I always used games as a way to escape reality and in a way to meditate on myself and my thoughts. But like all things in life it has its ups and downs, sometimes my depression made me do nothing but play video games all day other times and made me not touch any games for weeks at a time. Although gaming has had far more positives for my mental state then it did negative. Everyone should escape reality from time to time or as often as they need, be it through books, art, movies or gaming I feel like it is important to jsut let go and let your mind wonder in fictional worlds even if they are based in reality in ways. Gaming to me is not just about escaping reality, I genuinely enjoy it wether it is being deeply immersed in the game world or playing a game with friends, talking shit and just having fun with good friends especially if your like me and the small amount of people you call your real friends live a fair distance from you regardless if its people you know from school, people you have met in the last 5 years or straight out people who live in different countries. But gaming is a very important thing when it comes to healing for me. there is one game/game series in particular that has had a very profound and positive affect on me, I speak of course Dark Souls.

    After hearing alot about humble bundle over a couple of months i decided to give it a go, hey its only 12 dollars. When I did it was the July 2017 bundle which came with Dark Souls 2 SotFS. At this time I knew about the Dark Souls series and how it was a very challenging game, I had never played it before and never even really seen gameplay of it before how ever I did watch a few lore videos on the series which I found very very intriguing. I must have over looked DS2 for a few weeks and I was bored of the games I was playing at the time so I thought fuck it, why not? lets see what all the fuss is about. People said things like

    "OMG, that game is so hard!"

    "I couldnt even get past the first boss fuck that game."

    My life at the time wasnt too much different from what it is now, alcohol abuse, self harm, self doubt, worrying about the future, loneliness and pain from injuries I have sustained. I was running on fumes I guess you could say the fumes of what ever little bit of hope I had left at the time. I was not necessarily suicidal but more self destructive and the feeling of im ready to go, If a fortune teller told me I was going to die in a car crash in the next 6 months at some random time i still would have gotten into cars, I didnt care I was ready to go. It sounds weird but I didnt want too die but at the same time I no longer cared, death couldnt be any worse then what life is now right? But it could be worse in the form of fucking Dark Souls haha, jokes aside it really did kick my ass. So I installed DS2 and booted it up, the menu music itself was already intense it was peaceful but also some what ominous like you knew something was going down soon. After an hour or 2 I thought too myself man this game is hard but the difficulty is over hyped....Like many times in my life, I was wrong once again. It drove me insane how hard the game got at times but at the same time i was fucking hooked, the enemy and boss desins, the music, the leveling system, the secrets and NPCS you could encounter (dont get me started on the first time I accidently discovered an Illusory wall). I palyed this game all day every day until I finished it which took me about 80 hours while being half pissed for a good 70% of it.

    But it was when I got into the Undead Crypt where I started too realise im not only playing as the Bearer of the Curse but I am the Bearer of the Curse. I have died on the inside more times then i count, jsut like my charcter had died more times then i can count. But another thing I shared with the protagonist, I never gave up. After Undead Crypt I had a different play style, it went from cautious and shy and not wanting to do it too going head first into it knowing that aslong as I dont give up I can continue to try and succeed. Then I finished the game followed by a gargantuan sigh of relief, and sat down reflecting on the game it was a really fucking good game. In this reflecting I asked myself why couldnt I apply these same techniques in life, Why would it have too take saving the world from darkness and a horrible fate to not give up I can do that any time no matter the situation.

    It is funny how a game when im 23 years old taught me that hey, you may be sad and having a rough time at the moment but you never gave up. Because of how I reflected on the story and compared the struggles of the game to my own life I now have a more positive outlook on life and truly understand the meaning of never giving up. It sounds cliche but this game taught me something that I had been doing my whole entire life without me actually realising I was doing it, I thoguht it was the pure luck and timing that i wasnt dead yet but in reality it was all me, I am the skeleton that didnt give up, always was, always will be! If you are reading this which I doubt you are because im either dead or still keep my writings for only me to read like tycho brahe and his data, Dont forget too not give up skeleton. You may be a hollow but your somebodies hollow, life doesnt choose when you give up, you do!

    Dark Souls will always be some of my favorite games, even too this day more then 2 years later when im in a bad way I will just sometimes play the Majula theme on repeat to remind myself of that time i made it back to majula because i didnt give up, jsut like i wake up every morning to the song of birds because I didnt give up. Even if in life you give up on something, dont be ashamed be proud for having tried it in the first place. it is lame and insignifcant at its finest but out of everyone who has played the PC version of the SotFS edition, only 30.5% of them have made it too the ending credits but only with the help of you fellow skeletons who also never gave up. I am pretty much in the same place I was 2 years ago but I have more strength in myself knowing that jsut because things get difficult and sad it doesnt mean you have to give up, it is jsut more reason to keep on putting your foot down and walking that path of life.

    This itself i think is one of the most over looked and beautiful things about the Dark Souls series and what it can do, and not even jsut Dark Souls but it could be any game, I guess sometimes you ahve to be in a dark place under the right circumstances and events for you too realise the little but important things in life.

    On a side note please dont think after reading this that you can just use games in place of medical treatment to treat depression and other problems in your life. See a doctor and talk too someone, if you are like me and have trouble telling people you care about your feeligns and troubles or know someone who needs help and want too talk to someone call these numbers

    Australian suicide help line 13 11 14

    American National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

    Sorry I have only added numbers for two countries, Im sure google can help you find a number to call for your country.

    sorry for the grammar and spelling mistakes, im drunk as fuck right now.

    submitted by /u/kalashboy420
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment