• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 29, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 10:08 PM PST

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    A place to rest. Art by me(giogio.rt on ig)

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 03:39 AM PST

    How to get the authentic™ blighttown experience

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 08:26 AM PST

    Now, I think I can speak for the entire Dark Souls community when I say that Blighttown is the best level in any game. However with the release of DS:R it seems that FromSoft has accidentally ruined everyone's favorite level.

    Who wants to play a game at 30fps? Not me that's for sure. So me and my friends have been working tirelessly for a way to make Blighttown Besttown again.

    So far we've only been able to get this to work on PS4 but what you want to do is start Share Play and hand the controller to your friend. Now to get the most authentic™ blighttown experience you're going to want a low connection. Don't worry if you're connection is excellent, we've found a way around it. Just start downloading anything and everything.

    Once your connection is just barely enough to support Share Play you're ready to get the authentic™ blighttown experience. Play the area the way Miyazaki intended, with a mind blowing speed of 5fpm (frames per minute) and a crisp beautiful 7 pixels

    What are you waiting for? Get the authentic™ blighttown experience today!

    submitted by /u/Corthra
    [link] [comments]

    Finally played Dark Souls and did a push up challenge...

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 10:18 PM PST

    So I was convinced by friends to finally play Dark Souls. And I have to say I was hooked almost immediately! This game is so much fun! The world, the challenge, the deep lore, everything! It was so beautiful! I felt so good when I beat a hard area (those gargoyles wrecked me...) and tough challenges only made it harder to step away. This game is a masterpiece!

    However... Part way through streaming it I joked with viewers about doing a Dark Souls Push Up challenge. I mean how hard could it be!? 10 push ups for every death isn't bad at all right? I felt confident in the game and like the later half/DLC wouldn't be too much trouble. In 3 short streams I did 700 push ups. Yeah that hurt.

    I beat the game though! And I loved it! So now I'm playing Dark Souls 3 (2 was messing up for me) and I'm taking on the same challenge. Excited to see how much fun this one is compared to the first game.

    submitted by /u/Twin__A
    [link] [comments]

    Finished my first playthrough yesterday, these big lads gave me a hard time

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 04:46 AM PST

    Some bad coffee shop fan art by yours truly

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 05:18 PM PST

    Finally played Dark Souls.... I think I’m in love.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 04:32 PM PST

    Well, I've played dark souls but I've always stopped playing before I get to very first boss. I never really saw the appeal of the game but Humble Bundle has all 3 games on sale so I thought I may as well get the first and finally give the game chance.

    Boy and I getting wrecked but I love it, I'm not sure what it is but I'm just in love with the game, dying to the point where I've memorised enemy placements going back to collect my souls. I'm currently on the Bell Gargoyle so I'll let you know how that goes.

    submitted by /u/TheAspiringNerdd
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought Dark Souls Remastered...

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 11:26 PM PST

    Salt incoming.

    And oh my god this remaster is fucking garbage for PvP players. I played for about 2 hours, dashed through to ring both bells, skipped the sewers for the large ember, drained new londo for the very large ember, farmed blighttown and darkwraiths, and made my +14 Claymore. Lastly, I killed Gargs and butterfly to buy the crest and then I dropped in Darkroot and waited for that phat PvP...that never happened because WEAPON MATCHMAKING IS A FUCKING THING.

    Accepting the futility of my quest for classic Souls pvp, I made a new character to get to about level 15-20 and grab the drake sword for some low level PvP. Swaggered down to the Berg after cutting through Darkroot to avoid killing the Minotaur and I wait, again, for that phat PvP. This time, it happened. Boy did it fucking happen. Seeing the fog appear, my heart fluttered, but then quickly sank when a GiantDad rose up from the ground with a pyromancy flame and Darkhand in the other. I proceed to get one shot finger blasted by great Combustion.

    What does Weapon Level solve when you can still twink by grabbing powerful unique items? I cant believe how disconnected Fromsoft has become and I now have zero faith in any PvPvE game they make next. The thing that pisses me off most is that Fromsoft when out of their way to implement weapon matchmaking but we don't get any other "quality of life" change from Dark Souls 3. It's like this game was designed to piss Souls veterans off.

    submitted by /u/Infradead96
    [link] [comments]

    Early Black Knight Halberd is absurd, holy shit

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 12:09 AM PST

    I was rolling some new characters today, starting as usual with the master key and doing the run through Valley of the Drakes and up Darkroot Basin to get some souls and the Grass Crest Shield.

    The Black Knight close to the shield is very easy to kill since he doesn't come close to the bonfire, it's only a matter of attracting and backstabbing him repeatedly, so I always do it. And in one character he finally dropped his Halberd! This was the first time I had one of their weapons so early (got lucky at the Burg and Parish some times, but by then I was already invested in a build) and I decided to main it.

    The most ridiculous thing is that it's possible to have this weapon at +5 before killing any boss in Lordran and even setting your foot on the Undead Burg:

    • kill the crystal lizard on the way from Darkroot Basin to the Garden
    • on Darkroot Garden, farm the three types of moss, one of each (common drops)
    • go through the back of the Undead Parish and open the shortcut to Firelink Shrine
    • trade your mosses with Snuggly
    • run through the Catacombs, right after the second pyromancer there's a fall through the ground with two more crystal lizards
    • enjoy your 10 twinkling titanites

    Granted, the BKH has some steep stat requirements (22/18 to two-hand), so you'll either have to farm a lot of souls or have the NPC summons kill Pinwheel/Moonlight Butterfly for you to level up quickly (as I did), but it'll make you completely OP before ringing the bells. Taurus Demon and the Gargoyles just melt, it's pretty fun!

    submitted by /u/thenagz
    [link] [comments]

    I did it

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 01:40 AM PST

    After 30:30:57 in game time , i finnaly finished dark souls with the bkh and im so proud after all this pain (espeacially the dlc who was so fucking hard ) i wasd proud that i did it .

    submitted by /u/StarPlatinium2211556
    [link] [comments]

    Missed Connection: Mahou_Aki0916

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 09:16 PM PST

    To Mahou_Aki0916, on the Switch this morning, in Anor Londo before Ornstein and Smough.

    You summoned yourself a full cast of characters. We had Giantdad, Sans Undertale, Boba Fett, and myself, Lusty Argonian, all present in different combinations at different times. We enabled your addiction to the Witch's Finger as you allowed yourself to be invaded over and over, alternating between AK and Warren2020. Whenever a red spirit appeared, we destroyed them in seconds, and they always returned soon thereafter.

    In the lull between the battles, me and Sans Undertale carpet-bombed your corridor with prism stones. For some reason I'd gained Estus, from 5 to 9 - I guess we were there so long, four people had kindled.

    Someone joined the fray, saw that nobody wanted to go anywhere near the boss gate, and promptly left. I gave you a humanity, you gave me a twin. I gave you three, you gave me five.

    I decided to empty my inventory of weapons onto the floor and crashed my game :'( luckily, I dropped my sign as soon as I could and returned to your mysterious world.

    Eventually, with just me and Sans Undertale remaining, you summoned Solaire, and we were invaded by... two dark spirits? I didn't know that was possible, but it was a heartfelt goodbye to the last time I would see Warren2020.

    Finally, we entered the boss room, killed Smough and Super Ornstein (which was, funnily enough, the first time I'd seen that order happen), and we were forced to go our separate ways.

    I hope the rest of your journey is as strange and wonderful as you made mine.

    • Lusty Argonian

    Corridor decoration: https://i.imgur.com/eZ38r5L.jpg

    Our final fight with Warren2020: https://i.imgur.com/6iH1XDm.mp4

    submitted by /u/hanuke
    [link] [comments]

    My first pvp experience in DSR - just as expected

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 10:19 PM PST

    So, as many others I got DSR on sale yesterday. Skipping few hours, I noticed gravelord sign on the ground near undead burg bonfire. Now, I played a lot of DS3 and I start to suspect bullshit - but hey whatever I click it anyway.

    I'm greeted with a dude wearing some very heavy armor and what looked like a curved sword with lightning buff. He killed 4 people in front of me and while I tried to do something, he got me too. The real funny part is that I got pointed down at afterwards ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ oh well

    BTW now I own all the games, dsr, ds2sotfs, ds3, bb. Praise the souls \[T]/

    submitted by /u/vixfew
    [link] [comments]

    Leveling

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 05:37 AM PST

    I'm on my first playthrough of Dark Souls and, oh boy, is it ever kicking my arse. I've just started gaming in the last couple years and so the only things I've played in my whole life are the Uncharted series and Last of Us, both on the easiest possible levels with a lot of dying, so DS is a whole new level of death for me.

    I've now played for almost 40 hours and am in Anor Londo, but checking the wiki for tips says I should be on level 55+ to do well here, but I'm only on level 41. How am I so low? Is it just about losing so many souls because I've died so much? I feel like I'm doing so little damage against enemies compared to the few walkthroughs I've watched. People are taking those ugly white gargoyle looking things out with three or four hits and I'm here bashing away for ages in the hopes I don't die.

    Basically, do I need to just try farming harder? I'm worried I'm always going to be behind where I should be.

    submitted by /u/you_promised_dicks
    [link] [comments]

    [DSR/PS4] Help Wanted Massive Item Drop + Trophy Boost

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 05:28 AM PST

    Hey there r/darksouls.

    Im looking to replay DSR after a long spell, but I have always wanted to do a playthrough where I am insanely OP. Does anyone have a mule or backup save they could please just drop me as many items as possible? Preferably lots of souls, and/or weapons and rings.

    Would be doubly good if you could help me knock out the spells/rings collection achievements!!

    I have nothing to offer you but undying thanks, PM me if youd be willing to help

    Long may the sun shine

    submitted by /u/boyoftheworld
    [link] [comments]

    Look upon my folly, ye Mighty, and despair!

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 01:42 AM PST

    I've been playing Drunk Souls tonight and I just need the Greatshield of Artorias and the Great Lord Greatsword for the platinum. I'm on NG+2, I have the Soul of Gwyn and the Soul of Sif so I'm ready to go.

    So I finally get to Anor Londo and past the knights with the arrows, you know the ones, and went to the giant smith. FINALLY. I level up the straight sword I had at +6 and go ahead and buy the Greatsword of Artorias just as planned. Okay what else did I need? Aw FUCK.

    So yeah. Gonna go around the horn again. Wish me luck. All I need is Gwynn's soul and the Plat is MINE.

    submitted by /u/Kravy
    [link] [comments]

    Welp. I'm an idiot and Blight Town sucks

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 07:28 AM PST

    UGH! fer feks sake!

    • Big fat bastard swings, I block, I get knock-back and fall -> death
    • Big fat bastard swings, he misses, I swing too hard, he falls, I fall -> death
    • Note on the floor says "Jump". I jump, I miss the platform -> death
    • Naked boi gives me a hug -> death
    • I swing too hard and slip off a ledge -> death
    • Skinny cupid shoots me with dirty dart -> death
    • Naked boi swings, I dodge...off a ledge -> death
    • I run towards the ladder into Blight Town, but am an idiot and slip off the ledge -> death

    I haven't even made it to the first bonfire :( Should I just turn around, go back to the blacksmith, and play around in the woods instead?

    submitted by /u/WaywardBeanCounter
    [link] [comments]

    HELP ME

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 01:09 PM PST

    Hey, guys, I'm a newcomer to dark souls and am up to Ornstein and smough. I cant manage to defeat them and they keep killing me. Can any of you pros leave a summon sign so I can get past this awful battle? I am Australian so if you're in the same time zone, please help

    PS. I'm on ps4

    submitted by /u/ZacciBoi
    [link] [comments]

    How to beat Ornstein and Smough?

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 12:51 AM PST

    The title says it all. I've been having alot of trouble with them and usually die before being able to take one of them out. I use the elite knight armor and dragon tooth weapon. I also have the drake sword if that would help.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/YaBoy930
    [link] [comments]

    When should i fight sif?

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 02:17 AM PST

    Ive just beat ornstein and smough and got the lordvessel, and the key to sif has been available from very early on. Im lv47, is now an okay time to face him?

    submitted by /u/Strandtypegame
    [link] [comments]

    Summoning

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 02:08 AM PST

    Is anyone else having troubles summing a friends for folly Corporation as none of my friends can join my would and I can't join there on the switch

    submitted by /u/darthkitsuna
    [link] [comments]

    Before I beat the final boss...what should I do?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 11:47 PM PST

    I've beaten all bosses including DLC, is there anything left to accomplish before I finish the game?

    Also, I'm playing DSR on switch but I cant seem to play pvp. I go to that place after the Artorias fight and wait for a battle, but I never get matched. Any suggestions? Yes I'm online.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/allnewmeow
    [link] [comments]

    Should I say DS 3

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 03:11 AM PST

    Its cheap on the ps4 store but is it worth it? I've played Dark souls remastered and love the game but if they have killed the franchise I dont really it ruined for me...

    Should I get it?

    edit Sorry just realised I said "say DS 3" not "Play DS 3"

    submitted by /u/JoyfulGamer585
    [link] [comments]

    Fashion souls paladin?

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 03:10 AM PST

    Im doing a quality/faith paladin build cosplay, so basically paladin set, sanctus. What are some matching weapons for the paladin set excluding the Grant, cuz tbh the grant isnt vry good.

    submitted by /u/TygoFTW
    [link] [comments]

    On The Way To Ornstein&Smough & The Duo Themselves

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 02:41 AM PST

    I already unlocked the shortcuts and went back to the first bonfire of Anor Londo after having opened the large doors

    Unfortunately those big dudes are surprisingly able to still injure me at times

    Also, if I go use the second bonfire, well Silver Knights are pretty challenging foes who keep on killing me

    So I don't think restoring Humanity in order to get Solaire who for whatever the reason, didn't pop up on the second bonfire as the wiki says, will be such a good idea and maybe wasted.....I only have 6 humanities left and I use those to boost other bonfires

    As for Ornstein & Smough themselves, I think using lock on isn't so good for now

    How do I deal with the enemies along the way and the boss? Any advice or tips?

    submitted by /u/CarlManvers2020
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls: Prepare to die edition modding

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 02:20 AM PST

    Hello everyone, I'm new on this subreddit so I don't know whether there had been a post about this before. I wanted to revisit Dark Souls but this time with mods. My problem is that I don't have a legitimate copy of Dark Souls: Prepare to die edition, so I had to pirate one and with the pirated version UDSFM does not work so I can't install any mods. If anyone knows anything about this or has a potential solution, I'd be grateful.

    submitted by /u/csoszifaszi
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment