• Breaking News

    Friday, February 14, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 10:11 PM PST

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else feels like certain lore aspects, like Nashandra, were underutilized/not executed well ?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 04:40 AM PST

    I really don't want this to be another "DS2 bad. DS1 good" post, so I hope it doesn't feel that way, but I generally feel like DS2 has some fantastic lore, the idea of creating an entirely different land than DS1 and yet managing to question alot of the Events is really cool, the problem here is that I feel the execution was a bit underwhelming,

    Take Nashandra for example, she's a really cool concept, she's the Anti-Gwynevere, supposedly trying to corrupt the player and use them for her own advantage, and managed to bring an end to an entire kingdom, so much so the land fell into hollowness, sure, you can say that Gwynevere/Gwyndolin both did some of these things (directing the player into linking the fire) but Nashandra lies to the player and uses them to end the fire (or more correctly, open the path so she can usurp it), you've got a cool concept! But the problem here is, while much of early DS1 and 3 feel like building up to the Anor Londo/Irythill, the build up to Drangleic is underwhelming, the player has absolutely no idea why they suddenly went to a lava castle to kill a demon who is protected by samurais, nor why they're suddenly in a prison trying to fight a Knight, all of these lore aspects don't feel related to one another, no explanation is given nor any build up to these events ever happen, we SEE Anor Londo in the opening cinematic to DS1, every piece of our journey is laid down to us in the following fifteen minutes ; leave the Asylum, ring the two bells, and seek audience with the Gods so you may gain the Lord Vessel needed to link the fire, these aren't obsucured behind items, they are objectives given to the player by pretty much the first two NPCs they meet, DS1 has cool concepts that it both executes well and also builds up to so that they don't feel like they come from no where, it's not flawless, DS1 has it's flaws, but still, it does what it needs to do,

    DS2 on the other hand, the opening cinematic gives as an objective, find a cure to the undead curse, great! But how ? The next few NPCs we meet tells us "you're going to die" and then all of a sudden where in Majula, and Herald is telling us to seek the king, how so ? Who is the King ? Where is he ? The player is given no explanation and the next thing they do in the next ten hours feel so unconnected to the objective they're trying to achieve, the DS1 and 3 cinematics explain the world, as they should, while the Player's objective is given to them by NPCs, DS2's opening cinematic explains the Player's motivation in the story while the backstory is thrown out the window, the world is explained later on very poorly, and this all leads up to Drangleic and Nashandra feeling out of no where, and not explored enough, DS3 does the build uo game well especially around the mid game, the Irythill -> Dungeon -> Capital -> Lothric Castle -> Archives progression feels natural, and when I'm fighting Yhorm or Aldrich or the Twin Princes, I know who those people are, I know their motivations, the NPCs and the game have spent the last few hours teaching me who those people are, that much I can't say about any character in DS2, Aldia himself feels out of nowhere, you don't know why you're doing the stuff you're doing in DS2 despite being given a pretty good motivation, simply because they feel unconnected to it,

    So, with that in mind, I'm looking forward to the discussion, what exactly did DS2's story lack in your opinion ? Do you think it was executed well ? Was it better than the othe two ?.

    submitted by /u/palindrome777
    [link] [comments]

    Ds2 sotfs. Dragon shrine. THE STAIRS OF INFINITE DEATH

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 10:46 AM PST

    You know the spot. Theres like 30 enemies just hanging there. Can't pick em off with the bow either since they all come alive and swarm/insta kill you. Oh and it's like almost super impossible to even make it that far too since this level was designed by satan himself.

    How do I possibly do this? Is there some trick to it?

    Side note...holy crap I forgot how long this game is. I haven't even done any of the dlc areas yet. I still have a ton of empty spots on the bonfire warp screen, and some levels havent even found all the fires either.

    submitted by /u/FacePunchMonday
    [link] [comments]

    I realised I really like this game

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 05:04 PM PST

    Initially I was more indifferent to this game when I first picked it up weeks ago. But as I kept playing I just couldn't get enough of it, just today I beat almost everything from Heide's Tower to the Lost Sinner (still trying to beat him)

    This is apparently the black sheep of Souls but there's so many cool mechanics. They improved the humanity system, they made it so you can't just turtle up with your big shield like in DS1, weapons are scarcer but are a bit more varied, levelling up is more complex, and I think I like Majula more than Firelink Shrine tbh, makes me feel safer.

    submitted by /u/wwttabltwrk
    [link] [comments]

    Builds to try out in the upcoming Return to Drangleic?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 01:18 PM PST

    What fun builds would you recommend for the upcomming Return to Drangleic? Doesn't have to be as brocken as a Ladle run, just something that's fun to use and/or niche.

    submitted by /u/StraightOuttaOlaphis
    [link] [comments]

    Aaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhh

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 01:16 PM PST

    I hate myself for doing a NDNB run my second playthrough. I still wanna do it though. I usually get to dragonrider after getting a rapier+6, but I keep falling off trying to cheese him. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/Lord_Sneck
    [link] [comments]

    Inexperienced player asking for recommendation.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 10:37 AM PST

    I finished my first play through with heavy armor (Havel's set) and Greatsword. I decided to go one more time. This time I got Grand Lance and want to experience trust damage. However, it is kinda hard vs more than 2 enemies for a noob like me. I don't really want to bother with positioning that hard. Can you recommend a secondary slash weapon can slay rats, spiders and the like? Doesn't need to have a decent stats. Ok damage, ok range and ok weight. Not going to be main anyways.

    I also am looking for a good medium armor. Havel's is decent but too heavy for the character I am wiling to build.

    Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/more_than_enough
    [link] [comments]

    Which boss to tackle next - Ancient Dragon or Vendrick?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 10:26 AM PST

    I'm near the end of the base game, I've collected 4 giant souls. I could go kill Ancient Dragon for the 5th giant soul but would it be easier to go straight to Vendrick even with only 4 giant souls? I've heard Ancient Dragon is an extremely difficult boss.

    I plan to tackle the DLC areas once I've finished the base game.

    submitted by /u/supercakefish
    [link] [comments]

    What's the Return to Drangleic date?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 07:19 PM PST

    i'm giving away cracked eye orbs in PC sotfs

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 03:35 AM PST

    invaders not having the infinite invading item sucks, so i aim to fix that

    my character list is capped out across all the ranges, starting from the lowest SM tier and can reach up to my highest character who is at 4.1m

    i will put a red sign since it has the longest range, send a private message with some details like your soul memory(most important), character name, red sign location, if possible with name-engraved ring

    repost in appropriate discord servers if you are in any, or your local library or internet cafe or wherever

    submitted by /u/Kajmak4e
    [link] [comments]

    Best Katana?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 12:04 PM PST

    Hi, I began a new dex build and decided that I would use a katana. But which one is the best? Cheers

    submitted by /u/loone3
    [link] [comments]

    More the Second Time, and Other Ramblings

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 07:26 PM PST

    I'm coming back to DS2 after having plat'd Bloodborne and DS3, and I'm enjoying it far, far more the second time around. Maybe it's because I, myself, am better as a player, maybe it's because I'm playing SotfS on a PS4 (the first time I played it was on a 360 with the DLC [but not Scholar]), maybe it's because I'm using a different build than I'm used to (strength / int), or maybe it's because I'm not using a shield. AT ALL! And it's freakin' GREAT!

    I love the set pieces.

    I love the variety of builds.

    I love despawning enemies.

    I love how big the world is.

    I love the music in Majula.

    I'm finding so much more beauty in it now than I once did.

    Of course, I say this now before getting to Brume Tower.

    submitted by /u/ZippityDooDoo
    [link] [comments]

    I'm split on my opinion on DS2

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 11:04 AM PST

    I'm nearing the end of the game(beat all dlcs and have to collect the 4 giant souls cause I was stupid and didn't realize you needed them when I got the giant soul) and then vendrick and the final boss.

    Almost did it entirely blind and after around 150 hours, I still dont know how I feel about this game.

    On one side, I absolutely love the combat, stat system, and areas. On the other hand, I hate the terrible and spammy enemy placement in the worst areas, the faulty control scheme(died more to falling then enemies in general lol), and the discontinuity.

    I dont want to say that ds2 is worse than dsr, and I dont want to say that ds2 is not that bad either. I want to go through the game again, but I dont want to deal with a lot of the areas again(all the bosses are amazing, except for the kings pets and the frigid outskirts, I HATE that place).

    What's your opinion on the game? I prefer Melee only and light builds(rocked a scimitar for the entire game before switching to the wicked sword from the flexile sentry)

    submitted by /u/NateheGreat
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Which are some good tips for the final part of Dark Souls 2 main game?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 08:29 AM PST

    Just beat the Looking Glass Knight, took the elevator down an arrived to a Bonfire. This where I am right now equipment related:

    1. Level 130-135. Main stats VIG 42-43 END 25 VIT 27 (maybe less, or more? I do not remember) ST 40 DEX 12 (maybe bit more) ADP (I have agility 100)
    2. Weapon: Fire LongSword MAX
    3. Armor - Smelter Demon Armor with Jester Gloves (more EXP) and Jester Mask (to be able to use more weight)
    4. Shield - The one with the flower that makes your endurance better
    5. Rings - 1 for improved Defense, 1 for more souls, 1 for better attack and 1 to help with life when Hollow
    6. ESTUS FLASK is +8 or +9 maybe.

    That is it. I have used bolts maybe 5 times in the entire game. I have NOT used magic at all. I do not know if there is a better armor, or better weapon, shield ,ring, etc. Any recommendation is welcomed. After I beat the main game, I will move to the DLC.

    PLEASE DO NOT SPOIL ANYTHING.

    submitted by /u/jcgonzmo
    [link] [comments]

    List in order of difficulty

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 01:47 AM PST

    Covenant of Champions run Level 1 run NG+ run

    I'm almost done with the game. After i beat it and dothe DLC I wanna ty a challenge run.

    submitted by /u/mninp
    [link] [comments]

    After a speedy NG+ and smacking Rotten around on NG+2, I finally platinumed this.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 10:58 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/qziPMvT

    I thought that hoarding consumable souls from NG+ and selling off all my items to Gavlan would get me to 3mil easy on the third run, so I could skip straight to Drangleic. Wishful thinking, of course, so I had to pay Rotten a visit... Or seven... But it's finally done! And I can play other games! side-eyes Return to Drangleic

    I also did my first all-bosses run on the NG of this character. First time fighting (and beating) a lot of these bosses, but very fun!

    submitted by /u/Vitheoryix
    [link] [comments]

    If you think having an excessively large amount of enemies attack the player at once is a valid way to increase the difficulty of your video game, please stay away from a career in game design.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 02:25 PM PST

    As the title reads.

    submitted by /u/Jiruu
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else feels like certain lore aspects, like Nashandra, were underutilized/not executed well ?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 04:40 AM PST

    I really don't want this to be another "DS2 bad. DS1 good" post, so I hope it doesn't feel that way, but I generally feel like DS2 has some fantastic lore, the idea of creating an entirely different land than DS1 and yet managing to question alot of the Events is really cool, the problem here is that I feel the execution was a bit underwhelming,

    Take Nashandra for example, she's a really cool concept, she's the Anti-Gwynevere, supposedly trying to corrupt the player and use them for her own advantage, and managed to bring an end to an entire kingdom, so much so the land fell into hollowness, sure, you can say that Gwynevere/Gwyndolin both did some of these things (directing the player into linking the fire) but Nashandra lies to the player and uses them to end the fire (or more correctly, open the path so she can usurp it), you've got a cool concept! But the problem here is, while much of early DS1 and 3 feel like building up to the Anor Londo/Irythill, the build up to Drangleic is underwhelming, the player has absolutely no idea why they suddenly went to a lava castle to kill a demon who is protected by samurais, nor why they're suddenly in a prison trying to fight a Knight, all of these lore aspects don't feel related to one another, no explanation is given nor any build up to these events ever happen, we SEE Anor Londo in the opening cinematic to DS1, every piece of our journey is laid down to us in the following fifteen minutes ; leave the Asylum, ring the two bells, and seek audience with the Gods so you may gain the Lord Vessel needed to link the fire, these aren't obsucured behind items, they are objectives given to the player by pretty much the first two NPCs they meet, DS1 has cool concepts that it both executes well and also builds up to so that they don't feel like they come from no where, it's not flawless, DS1 has it's flaws, but still, it does what it needs to do,

    DS2 on the other hand, the opening cinematic gives as an objective, find a cure to the undead curse, great! But how ? The next few NPCs we meet tells us "you're going to die" and then all of a sudden where in Majula, and Herald is telling us to seek the king, how so ? Who is the King ? Where is he ? The player is given no explanation and the next thing they do in the next ten hours feel so unconnected to the objective they're trying to achieve, the DS1 and 3 cinematics explain the world, as they should, while the Player's objective is given to them by NPCs, DS2's opening cinematic explains the Player's motivation in the story while the backstory is thrown out the window, the world is explained later on very poorly, and this all leads up to Drangleic and Nashandra feeling out of no where, and not explored enough, DS3 does the build uo game well especially around the mid game, the Irythill -> Dungeon -> Capital -> Lothric Castle -> Archives progression feels natural, and when I'm fighting Yhorm or Aldrich or the Twin Princes, I know who those people are, I know their motivations, the NPCs and the game have spent the last few hours teaching me who those people are, that much I can't say about any character in DS2, Aldia himself feels out of nowhere, you don't know why you're doing the stuff you're doing in DS2 despite being given a pretty good motivation, simply because they feel unconnected to it,

    So, with that in mind, I'm looking forward to the discussion, what exactly did DS2's story lack in your opinion ? Do you think it was executed well ? Was it better than the othe two ?.

    submitted by /u/palindrome777
    [link] [comments]

    Return to Drangleic Builds

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 06:50 PM PST

    I was curious to what builds y'all will be running for return to Drangleic!

    submitted by /u/ArbaneFajyre
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to find vid, need help finding it (Sorry for Vague)

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 10:12 PM PST

    I know this is really hard to describe, but there was this (I think) Souls Youtuber who was doing a video on Dark Souls 2. There was just this quote that I remember from it. I think it was a comedy video and it was like "Yeah well maybe don't bring a fire weapon in the fire level against the fire boss" or something along those lines.

    I literally cannot remember anything else, but I remember that being funny but I just can't remember who made the video.

    If anyone knows what I'm talking about please help me out, I really want to find that video again

    Edit: I found the video! I got the quote a little wrong, but I found it.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTNUSO7Rn1c&t=4m27s

    submitted by /u/FlameEliwood
    [link] [comments]

    Sunlight Medals and Lightning Miracles

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 01:43 AM PST

    I am doing a faith build where my goal is to use lightning miracles as my main source of damage (utilizing the spell uses glitch). I did some research and found out that the strongest lightning miracle sunlight spear can only be obtained from Rank 3 Heirs of the Sun. I am aware of the hassle that it would take to get 30 sunlight medals and so I would like to hear your opinions on whether or not it is worth grinding for or if I should just settle for using great lightning spear once I get that in combination with the other lightning miracles.

    TL:DR how much stronger is sunlight spear in comparison to great lightning spear?

    submitted by /u/graslund
    [link] [comments]

    What is

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 06:53 PM PST

    Return to Drangleic? I've never heard of it until just moments ago

    submitted by /u/0fallen_hunter0
    [link] [comments]

    Gotta love the headless assassins

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 03:13 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment