• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 13, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 I JUST GOT THE PLATINUM

    Dark Souls 2 I JUST GOT THE PLATINUM


    I JUST GOT THE PLATINUM

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 05:31 AM PST

    OMG IM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW USKEBDOSBWUFOWBIX

    submitted by /u/raquchan
    [link] [comments]

    n00b perspective: where DS2 thrives

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 09:32 AM PST

    I'm a late bloomer with these games, but I just finally finished beating every boss in the series. Didn't want to make another "DS2 is not that bad!!!" post, so here are the specific things I think this game is great at:

    • I loved the concept of having thorough map exploration directly affect boss fights, like Vendrick's de-buff from the Souls of Giants, or the Fume Knight's de-buff from Smelter Wedges
    • Lots of enemies wreck your stamina if you try to turtle up with a shield. I think this is FROM realizing that dodging is way more fun, and forcing players to use the roll.
    • The visual diversity of the maps, the light from the torches on the environment, the colors, the cool looking gear are outstanding... this game is a visual feast, even compared to DS and DS3.
    • Obviously, the DLC is where they hit their stride. Outstanding refinement on the base game, and a good spike in difficulty.
    • While the world-building is obviously not as cool/interconnected, the more local dungeon-like area designs of Huntsman's Copse, Drangleic Castle, Frozen Eleum Loyce, Shulva, even The Gutter are really fun and engaging to explore. I get the criticism that it's not interconnected like DS, but the specific areas are still pretty dope.
    • Since I have to play a some bosses like 20 times to beat them, I was super grateful for the perma-death of enemies after 12 kills. Nice little mechanism to alleviate grind for people like me.

    Anyway, I love this sub, and I love these games. Praise the Sun.

    submitted by /u/johnrudolphdrexler
    [link] [comments]

    I enjoy Ds2 more then Ds1....anyone else?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 10:38 PM PST

    An unpopular opinion but I really do,I played Ds2 as my first in the series,now I am playing 1,I am in the earlier parts of the game so maybe this will change but I doubt it...Ds2 has a Dark world full of small hope,Ds1 just feels depressing imo,The combat is also my favourite in Ds2,I really enjoy the original....But this is my favorite.

    submitted by /u/Dezzle6
    [link] [comments]

    For the longest time, I detested this game. but actually after "getting gud". I am actually enjoying replaying it

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 07:14 AM PST

    I LOVED DS1 and DS3. but for me DS2 was always the red-headed stepchild of the series, like many feel about it.

    But after really learning the mechanics differences between this and the other 2, I am thoroughly enjoying my replay of DS2. I am just about to fight the Mirror Knight and so far I think I have died between 30~35 times (i didn't start counting till a bit in and had to kinda estimate at around death 10) .

    (7 of those where to the Smelter demon who I forgot was optional)

    I am kinda going the ez route by doing a str build, but still, I misjudged the game.

    submitted by /u/KameNoKami91
    [link] [comments]

    The most important skill I've honed in DS...

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 12:17 AM PST

    ...is running past shit

    submitted by /u/zer0_mass
    [link] [comments]

    Ladle Run

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 10:15 AM PST

    I wont lie guys, I've playing this game for a long time. Hundreds of hours, countless days, weeks, months poured into this beloved game. But I'm not sure I'm ready.

    The Ladle.

    I've used it as a joke for PVP in the Blood Arena, in which the good souls of others will duel with the same or challenge me with fisticuffs, but this year I want to challenge the whole game with not but the Ladle.

    Thus I come here now to ask for tips, tricks, and ways to keep my sanity while going forward.

    submitted by /u/-YourDarkPriest-
    [link] [comments]

    POLL: Which version of DS2 do you own and play?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 04:38 AM PST

    https://strawpoll.com/rfh5c9a2

    I own and play the original release of Dark souls 2, and with the recent announcement of return to drangleic 2020 saying that sotfs is the preferred version it left me wondering if participating is even going to be worth it. Community feedback would be great.

    submitted by /u/Manaraptor
    [link] [comments]

    Return to Drangleic

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 01:25 AM PST

    Hi all, I saw the event coming up and would very much like to join on ps4. The problem is that every time I launch the game online, I play for about 20-30 second and it diconects me. Every single time, no matter what I do. Does anyone has or had the same problem ? Any help is much appreciated, I really want to participate in the event.

    submitted by /u/Reezig
    [link] [comments]

    my petrified something is gone

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 11:30 AM PST

    i had it as a starter gift but when i came to the birds to trade it wasnt there anymore

    submitted by /u/kingoflaught
    [link] [comments]

    What should I do now?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 08:52 AM PST

    I've put nearly seven hundred hours into this game, and I'm starting to get a little bored.

    I've done ng+7, soul level one playthroughs, no death no bonfire runs, and I've played through the game with a huge variety of different builds.

    Do any of you have suggestions? I feel like there's more for me to do, but I don't really know what it would be.

    submitted by /u/demonic_fuck
    [link] [comments]

    I need a build for Return to Drangleic

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 10:57 AM PST

    I don't know what to do. My only characther on DS2 is currently at SL4M, and he was a magician and use Moonlight Greatsword. But now I don't know which build I should do. I am a bit inclined to try a Twinblades build, but I would like to use FUGS too, and there are so many other cool weapons on the game.

    Could you all say your personal favourite builds, and explain why, to help me to decide?

    submitted by /u/Lord_M_G_Albo
    [link] [comments]

    I just lost 15000 souls. And I’m in the early game.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 02:26 PM PST

    Never have I felt so pissed at the mummies at lost bastille for blowing up the both of us. And it was more than enough to upgrade my weapon to +6 early on as well! God it makes me mad.

    submitted by /u/FreedCub5
    [link] [comments]

    Invader cosplay recruitment for 2020 return to Drangliec ps4

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 02:21 AM PST

    Choose your NPC Pick your invading aera Choose your soul memory And I will supply you with weapons and armour of your chosen NPC.

    Must use ring of the living And stay in character

    Send me McSmelt a PlayStation message and I'll trick you out

    Let's make 2020 a return to remember

    submitted by /u/McSmelt
    [link] [comments]

    For #ReturnToDrangelic, I redid my old boss tier list.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 01:58 PM PST

    Original

    Current one

    Notes:

    • Burnt Ivory King have an AMAZING setup, one of the best in the series. The main reason I moved him down however was fighting his knights every single time you die + BIK is another knight with a basic moveset

    • Gank Squad is such a shit boss.

    • RRVanguard would be F tier if the general idea of the fight wasn't so hilarious

    • A few in my last thread felt Darklurker should be an S tier boss. I personally can't agree with that mainly because he's a pain to get to, but he is one of the best non-dlc bosses

    submitted by /u/JereKane
    [link] [comments]

    Memory of the King and the Curse

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 04:14 AM PST

    Seeker of fire, coveter of the throne.

    I am Vendrick, ruler of Drangleic

    Seeker of fire, conqueror of Dark.

    I, too, sought fire, once. With fire, they say, a true king can harness the curse. A lie. But I knew no better... Seeker of fire, you know not the depths of Dark within you. It grows deeper still, the more flame you covet. Flame, oh, flame...

    Dark was seen as a curse.

    Shadow is not cast, but born of fire. And, the brighter the flame, the deeper the shadow. Inherit fire, and harness the Dark. Such is the calling of a true leader...

    One day, fire will fade, and Dark will become a curse.

    Men will be free from death, left to wander eternally. Dark will again be ours, and in our true shape... We can bury the false legends of yore... Only... Is this our only choice? Seeker of fire, coveter of the throne.

    Seek strength.

    The rest will follow...

    These lines are too epic that they got stuck in my mind since yesterday after visiting the memory of the king. It's too amazing that I don't know how I can explain it. Whoever says DSII is a bad game is definitely wrong.

    BTW, did Gwyn messed up the natural order of the dark souls universe since DS1? Aldia's lines really make it so:

    Once, the Lord of Light banished Dark, and all that stemmed from humanity.
    And men assumed a fleeting form.
    These are the roots of our world.
    Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite...
    A lie will remain a lie.
    Young Hollow, knowing this, do you still desire peace?

    I really wanna talk more about it somehow. Any souls lore veterans here?

    submitted by /u/solidarity93
    [link] [comments]

    Early dark weapon/early darknight stone

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 04:59 AM PST

    Low lv. Hex build (just beat first boss) looking for early dark weapons with low requierments in str/dex (below 16 in each as that will be my max for this build once i reach sl 150)

    Apresiate any suggestions

    submitted by /u/BlackwinIV
    [link] [comments]

    Me and friend can't see each others signs

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 01:23 PM PST

    We're both using the name engraved ring and have the same god. We have also both been summoned by other people in the half hour we have been trying to find each others signs.

    within 2 levels of each other, neither of us are soft banned and both online, not beaten the area boss yet either.

    Anyone got any idea?

    submitted by /u/HiddenBetterment
    [link] [comments]

    [PS4]Covetous Silver Serpent ring location SOTFS

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 09:08 AM PST

    Does anyone know where I can find it? I want to snag it so that I can run souls farms more efficiently!

    submitted by /u/AdonisAguilar
    [link] [comments]

    Can i get banned for it item duplicate?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 08:31 AM PST

    Ive duplicated some hero souls due bug to get benefits . is it possible to get banned for it?

    submitted by /u/Duchix97
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any UGS better than the FUGS?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 07:53 AM PST

    That unit of a sword carried me through NG++ for my Master of Miracles achievement so what I'm wondering is, are there any UGSs (or mainly STR/DEX weapons) that can reach a more powerful dmg output?

    submitted by /u/okimaybestupid
    [link] [comments]

    Speedrun request

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 07:45 AM PST

    Just finished dark souls 2 SOTFS and tried to find a glitchless speedrun of this version that doesnt use DLCs but couldnt find any on youtube. is there a vod on twitch where i could find it?

    submitted by /u/Squirtle1000
    [link] [comments]

    Iron Keep Walkthrough

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 03:38 PM PST

    The Iron Keep is often a hard area for many players, both new and experienced, but it doesn't need to be. I'll walk you through my route, strategies and general approach for beating Bower's Castle as painlessly as possible. Item and enemy locations are for the Scholar version because I don't remember how vanilla was laid out. The general strats should still work.

    This walkthrough does come with a video guide, but my laptop is a potato clock and I don't have the budget for video editing software that's actually good. So I hope you like 480p footage edited in Windows Movie Maker, 'cuz that's what I got.

    Iron Keep Easy Mode pt. 1

    Iron Keep Easy Mode pt. 2

    Go to the Shaded Woods first

    I'm not kidding. If you haven't been down the Shaded Woods to Tseldora path by the time you get to the Iron Keep, then you probably should do that and come back when you're done. Maybe go as far as Magerold to get the Jester's Robes to not get shanked in the Woods. Not only will you be stronger from having more levels, but there's a lot of things you can get there that will help immensely. Including but not limited to:

    • Enough titanite to get a weapon to +10
    • Flash Sweat and Poison Mist from Rosabeth
    • The Gyrm Greatshield which blocks 100% of both Physical and Fire damage
    • Gavlan's permanent location and with him an unlimited supply of poison arrows/knives
    • The Southern Ritual Band +1, letting any build use up to two pyromancies (like Flash Sweat and Poison Mist)

    So, one more time, do the Shaded Woods before the Iron Keep. Thank me later.

    What to bring

    1. A good weapon. Pretty much anything can work, but some are better than others. Everything in the Keep is resistant to Slash and Fire damage, so it might be a good time to start using something other than that Fire Longsword. (Or trade out for a Lightning infusion because everything in the Keep is weak to it.) Whatever you use, make sure it's as upgraded as you can make it.
    2. Some form of ranged attack. It doesn't have to be anything amazing. A Shortbow loaded with poison arrows is an excellent choice. A Heavy Crossbow works pretty well if it's upgraded (hint: there's a free one at +3 right before the Covetous Demon if you can make the jump). Spells work well if you have binoculars. If you have nothing else, a Light Crossbow is better than nothing.
    3. A decent shield. We'll get into why this is helpful later. It doesn't have to be anything amazing. Even a Large Leather Shield is up to the task. But the higher physical block the better.
    4. Your best fire defense gear. It doesn't have to be great, but the more fire defense you have, the easier.
    5. The Stone Ring. It really helps.
    6. (Optional) Flash Sweat and Poison Mist. If you don't have them or can't use them that's fine, but they really help with the Smelter Demon.

    From the Bridge to the Furnace

    Starting at the bonfire, attune Flash Sweat and POison Mist if you can and go upstairs and across the bridge. At about the halfway point, you'll be met with an Alonne Knight. This guy's entire reason for existing is to give you a punching bag to practice fighting these knights. Don't go any further into the Keep until you're confident that you can kill a normal Alonne Knight 1v1 quickly and easily. If your weapon is long enough, like a spear or halberd, you can outspace the knights and keep them stunlocked at arms length with two-handed attacks (Stone Ring recommended). If you have something shorter and can't consistently get the first hit, block with a shield. They just bounce right off and are stunned for a second, letting you get a free hit. The Stone Ring will usually let you stunlock them even with one handed attacks. Make sure that you can kill them in no more than 3 hits or else you could be in trouble later.

    At the end of the bridge is a set or large double doors. Approach them but don't open because you're about to be invaded by one of two NPC phantoms (or both at the same time if you have summons with you). Armorer Dennis is a tryhard spellsword twink who you might have already met in the Forest of Fallen Giants. Fencer Sharron is a Dex scrub with two uniquely annoying weapons. Both are susceptible to backstabs and dangerous at range. If you're having trouble beating them, there's a cheese strat. Lure them back to the bonfire and get them with their backs to the lava rocks. When you attack them, they'll dodge onto the lava and burn to death. Whichever one you kill, the other one will invade the next time you come through, o best to take them both out before moving on.

    Through the double doors is a room that when you first enter, you'll see a knight start approaching you from the opposite doorway. You'll be tempted to run out to meet him, but DO NOT DO THAT. Running into the center of the room exposes you to an archer that is behind a pillar when you first enter. Let him come to you while you wait safely by the pillar. Take him out and wait a bit more because a second knight will be coming at you from a side room. Once he's dead, the archer will get tired of waiting and jump down to try to sword you. Take him down and the room is clear.

    In that side room is Magerold of Lanafir. If you spend at least 10,000 souls he'll give you the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring +1. I usually get the full Jester set and a single Rusted Coin, but buy whatever you like or don't. Makes no difference to me. Upstairs where the archer was is a Pharros Lockstone and an illusory wall. The ballista inside is pointing at another illusory wall with an oblivious knight on the other side. Have fun with that. When you kill him, there's about a 50/50 chance that a knight will come in to investigate. Sometimes the trigger that causes him to come to you doesn't happen and I don't know why. He'll just be standing in the next area if you don't deal with him here.

    Before you go through the next doorway, stop and get out your bow. There's an archer directly across from you that will start shooting as soon as you cross the doorway, but you can get the first shot and have cover to hide behind if you stay inside. Kill him now or he'll be a pain in your ass. The next area is a test of pacing. Charge in too aggressively and you'll get surrounded and ganked. Play too passively and the knights will dogpile you. Get the pacing down right and it's an easy series of 1v1 fights. Walk along the platform until you see a knight run up some stairs ahead and to your right. Wait right there to fight him or else you'll walk into range of another archer. There'll be another knight coming to join you from an upper platform far off in the distance and another one from a room you can't even see from there who aggros because reasons.

    If all goes well, you should be able to take these guys out 1v1 with plenty of time to spare, but there's a couple ways this can go south that you really can't do anything about.

    1. The knights in the distance occasionally forget how to walk and just kind of duck walk back and forth for a while, then cluster up and attack you as a group. When this happens, run back to the nearest narrow doorway to use as a choke point.
    2. The Forlorn can invade here and his trigger point is the same as the knights aggro point. When this happens there's not much you can do. I've survived fighting all of them at once, but it's definitely not easy.

    Once you're done with them, run straight down the path in front of you until you get under the platforms by the wall. If all goes well, you'll be directly under an archer before he can shoot you. Kill him with ranged attacks because Alonne Captains are a pain to fight in melee. Drop down the ladder hole and climb up to loot the chest. You can also kill the captain on the walkway across from you if you plan on skipping the Smelter Demon. Otherwise he's harmless because they forgot to give him a bow. Drop back down to the main path and head back to the furnace. Pull the lever next to the doorway to drop the bridge and head back up to it.

    The instant you set foot on the bridge, the knight on the other end of it will aggro. So will two more if both sides of the bridge are dropped. Don't drop the other side of the bridge, kids. You can't fix it once it's dropped. It's best not to fight on the bridge itself since dodging will likely drop you in lava. When the bridge is clear, drop from the middle of it onto the stairs and spin the wheel to turn off the furnace. Jump back to the lever you pulled to drop the bridge and go into the furnace. From here, you can just skip the Smelter Demon by going up the ladder. If you do, just completely skip the next section. Just be warned you won't have the bonfire he's guarding.

    Smelter Demon

    The final stretch before the Smelter Demon is basically suicide when attacked directly. Instead, attack it sneakily. From the furnace, open the door on the other side. There's a knight on the other side, but he shouldn't be a problem at this point. There's a lever to your right that you should never touch because it drops the other side of the bridge and that's a Bad Thing™. From this location, you have an angle to shoot every enemy waiting to ambush you on the way to the boss. First, just shoot the captain in front of you once to draw aggro. Attacking him causes a knight at the midpoint of the platform to aggro as well, so retreat back into the furnace to avoid arrows and wait for the knight to come to you. To get to you, the knights have to drop onto the walkway you're on and their pathing is so bad that they'll miss and drop in the lava about half the time. Even if they don't you can just wait around the corner of the doorway and bonk take them out when they come through (a strategy known in professional circles as the Santa's Grotto Maneuver.)

    With the captain's little helper dealt with, you can kill him with ranged attacks at your leisure. Once he's down, you need to turn your sights to the tower on the other end of the room. Shoot one of the knight up there to aggro both of them and lure them to their doom. With them down, the only thing in your way is the last captain. There's just enough of him exposed to shoot him and make him come over to you to get shot. With them gone, the path to Smelty is clear.

    Now, before you go through the fog, you want to do a little prep work. Trade out your armor and rings for your best fire defense gear or the Gyrm Greatshield to block the flames. Then get wet. The bull pots scattered through the level are full of water and will soak you when rolled through. There's also a Pharros Contraption on that tower the knights were on that releases healing water. As long as you're wet, your fire defense is boosted by 300, a full third of the way to immunity. Add in Flash Sweat which is another 300 fire defense and you only have to get 290 fire defense from gear to max it out, making you functionally immune. (This is also how you get the items on the lava rocks.) An Orange Burr adds 150 fire defense but doesn't stack with Flash Sweat, so use that if you don't have spells.

    Grab Lucatiel if you want a meat shield and enter the fog. As soon as you're through, start trying to poison the boss. Two casts of Poison Mist will do it, but poison knives or arrows will work if you don't have it. The purpose of this is to speed him past his first stages as quickly as possible. When he lights his flaming aura, he's started phase 2. At this point, he's dealing half physical/half fire damage. When he plunges his sword in his gut, he's starting phase 3. Everything he does after that point deals pure fire damage. Take the time when he's committing sudoku to cast Flash Sweat or eat an orange burr. Have fun with the easiest boss fight of your life as you're now functionally immune to all of his attacks.

    Once he's dead, go light the Ironhearth Hall bonfire and take a well earned break.

    Ironhearth to Iron King

    Stepping out the doorway from the bonfire there's a ladder to your left, a knight ahead of you and a doorway to your right. If you skipped the Smelter Demon, you just came up that ladder and there's no knight on that walkway because you already killed him. Kill him if you haven't already and peek through the doorway. There's two knights (one if you skipped Smelter) and a turtle on a narrow walkway over lava. Don't fight there if you can avoid it. There's not enough room to dodge and the turtle will try to break the bridge when you get close. Shoot them one by one to make them come to you. The Ironclads in the Iron Keep act exactly like the ones in the Forest of Fallen Giants, but have more health. Their attack patterns, weaknesses and punish windows are exactly the same. If you're struggling here, go back there and practice on the easier ones.

    Across the bridge and through the door, you'll immediately aggro a knight so be wary. To your left is a door and a Pharros lock that lead to Belfry Sol. There's a bonfire there if you need it, but you have to run through an active pvp zone filled with enemies to get back to the Keep, so it's up to you. Directly ahead is an elevator contraption covered in enemies. On the other side of the room by the lava rocks, aiming under the elevator is a captain who'll be a pain unless you counter snipe him now. Once he's dead, shoot the turtle with his back to you to get his attention, wait about 5 seconds then pull the lever right in front of you. Time it right and you just made turtle soup. Problem is, this brings an archer down to your level. Use the stairs as cover and take him down.

    Up the stairs, the platform you brought down is a ring shape with a fire trap in the center. Around the edge are platforms you can drop by stepping on buttons, but that's not a great idea. Walk around the left side until the turtle in the corner aggros. If you get the spacing right, you can make him burn in the fire trap. Otherwise fight him on the safest ground you an get. Once he's dead, circle around the right side until you see a knight aggro and wait for him to come to you. Kill him and go past the fire trap to a captain starting to draw his bow. You can try to drop his platform or rush in for a backstab, up to you.

    There's a ladder you can climb up, but it's a tough side path with some loot. Unless you have a desperate need for a Black Knight Greataxe or Covetous Gold Serpent Ring (+0) then you should avoid it.

    On the low road, step off the platforms and a turtle should aggro. Bait him into the fire and he's cake. Further on is a fog gate. As soon as you pass it, a knight will drop down to your right. Back up into the hallway you came from so you don't risk falling in lava and fight him. Then go back through the door and shoot the guy up on the catwalk to your left so he doesn't sneak up behind you. Down the stairs to the narrow hallway. A turtle will aggro as soon as you round the corner and there's very little room to maneuver. This can be a tough fight, but the finish line is close so don't lose heart. Once he's dead, open the guillotine gate. There's another turtle right around the next corner. You can try to fight him, or you can bait him into standing under the guillotine. Schlink.

    The next room is full of fire traps. The corners are clear, so if you time it well, you'll be fine. Go left and against the wall is a ladder. Up there is the last bonfire in the Keep and a lever that turns off the fire traps. Rest up and prepare for the boss fight.

    The Iron King

    Back down the ladder and past one last turtle is the Old Iron King boss fight. A boss that would be extremely easy were it not for the teeny tiny platform you fight him on. Half my losses to him are times I accidentally walked off the edge with no help. His fire breath being able to cover most of it doesn't help either. What helps for me is to force him to stand as close to the fog gate as possible on the left side. When he stands there, you can run around the corner on the other side and be safe from fire breath. The hand laser will still go through the wall and he can relocate when he dives down, so don't get complacent. Kill him and you've officially cleared the Iron Keep. Congratulations.

    submitted by /u/TheHittite
    [link] [comments]

    Showerthought: If you buff a Blue Flame with Rotten Pine Resins, does your spells inflict poison?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 09:20 AM PST

    NG+

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 03:21 AM PST

    So in the normal game are already way to much enemies, but in NG+ it is getting ridiculous?! Cant be the only one who has this thoughs

    submitted by /u/Ironfiist13
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment