• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 5, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 10:09 PM PST

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Bed of Chaos

    Being Gravelorded in Anor Londo? Died to Bed Of Chaos for the 100th time? Checked your phone for a second, only to run off a cliff and lose your bloodstain?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The most challenging part of Darksouls ever, makes me understand why this game is unfairly hard.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 03:31 PM PST

    Coming up with a simple name.

    submitted by /u/Bowdowntosatan
    [link] [comments]

    I just defeated the abyss watchers

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 01:45 AM PST

    I'm not very good at video games but after many defeats, I beat the abyss watchers! I just wanted to thank everyone who gave me advice on how to beat them! Can't wait to reach Irithyll now

    submitted by /u/CryoDemise
    [link] [comments]

    I need a friend for Manus please

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 01:39 AM PST

    Praise the sun

    Level : 170 Where can I see my soul level?

    Edit : I KILLED HIIIIIIIM

    submitted by /u/Keanar
    [link] [comments]

    Rating my hardest bosses of Dark Souls

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 03:43 AM PST

    1. The Titanite demon in Izalith
    2. Kalameet's tail
    3. The Leo Ring
    4. The Moonlight Ultragreatsword
    5. Sauron from LotR in Anor Londo
    6. Tomb of Giant Doggos
    7. Gwyn, Cindy's Lord
    8. Blighttown
    submitted by /u/wiseau7
    [link] [comments]

    Rang the first bell!

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 08:40 PM PST

    So fucking pumped after struggling through undead burg for 50 times. Such a rewarding game already. Can't wait to progress!

    submitted by /u/SiiiiilverSurrrfffer
    [link] [comments]

    I met a vagrant on my way to Manus

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 11:02 AM PST

    It was the very first time I met one, yet I have around 400hours on multiples characters.

    It was a big reddish one.

    I killed it, but I got killed riiight after by the sorcerer close to it. I dont even know what the vagrant dropped me...

    And I did not managed to kill Manus yet.

    submitted by /u/Keanar
    [link] [comments]

    I finally did it!

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 01:38 AM PST

    After taking several years break, j finally got back to dark souls.

    it started with that i continued playing on my old save on Prepare to Die Edition, then i later purchased Remastered for only 4€. I quickly got back to where I was on my old save. I usually used summons to help me for the reason i was always so insecure (i have no idea why). However, now i soloed almost every boss in the game.. EXCEPT Artorias. He has been my biggest problem in the whole game. I always did so little damage on him and even after i had learned his moveset, I still couldn't beat him. But time passed and i finally got him. I also soloed Kalameet, Four kings which i especially didn't think i was gonna be able to.

    But then it was time. The last boss. And it was a piece of cake, got him first try ever. Knowing Gwyn could be parried i easily took him down. Then after i defeated him, i realized i wasn't even using my main weapon! I used the Abyss Greatsword, but i always used the black knight sword, since it had much higher damage for me. But yeah that was it!

    Uhhhh

    Praise the sun? :D

    submitted by /u/abyssboye
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to get ds1 none remastered version on pc

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 12:35 AM PST

    I killed kalameet for the first time

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 04:44 PM PST

    I've played through dark souls about a hundred times and have about a thousand hours across 360, pc and switch. However up until today Id never killed kalameet, on 360 I never had the Dlc and the one run I did on Pc I killed gough so kalameet never landed so I couldn't kill him. I've played through the game about 20 times on switch, but i was so used to just playing the base game I never did the Dlc, until today. In the space of about 2 hours, I managed to go through all the Dlc and finally after all these years kill kalameet. He didn't end up being that hard, I managed to beat him first time, artorias and manus were both much harder, despite having killed them both before. And I'm happy that I've finally beaten every boss in dark souls 1 for the first time, despite playing through the game way too many times.

    submitted by /u/HamesWalker
    [link] [comments]

    All achievments

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 06:09 PM PST

    Since christmas me and a friend were achievement hunting in dark souls 1 and today i got the last achievement and acquired the dark soul

    submitted by /u/alduins-nutsack
    [link] [comments]

    Did anyone else do this, or am I just a dumbass?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 05:13 PM PST

    I just got Dark Souls Remastered, was playing through it. I'm not too familiar with the mechanics of the first Dark Souls, as I've only played III and Bloodborne before.

    I found an item - A Fire Keeper soul! Reading the description, it says "use to improve estus flask"

    Oh, neat! So, I used it.

    Wait... why hasn't my estus flask improved?

    And yeah, as I'm sure most of you are aware, you don't consume it then and there, you have to take it to a fire keeper to use it.

    Feel like such a dumbass, and now I forever have lost one of my Fire Keeper souls on this first run. Did anyone else also make this mistake their first time? Please make me feel better.

    submitted by /u/Nowhereman123
    [link] [comments]

    I love this community

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 10:59 AM PST

    So I am currently going for the miracles achievement which meant I had to grind out the Bully Hunters covenant in order to get myself Darkmoon blade and let me tell you that I have never waited so long for a match in any video game ever. I had just about given up and I decided to put down a post on a community to see if anyone would be willing to drop me the 10 reprisals and sure enough within an hour or so someone texted me back, summons me to his world, and he dropped them for me.

    Thank you random stranger

    submitted by /u/Goodwin_11
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else think that the Capra demom fight is just there as a gaint middle finger to the player

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 07:29 PM PST

    1 Boss 2 fast moving enemies in a small space = not a fun time or am i just weird.

    submitted by /u/Always-A-Mistake
    [link] [comments]

    Just arrived in Anor Londor, how far am I from the ending?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 06:14 PM PST

    To be clear I killed Lautrec and didn't let him kill the Flame Keeper

    submitted by /u/NotAGoodGM
    [link] [comments]

    The more things change

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 08:25 PM PST

    So I just got the Dark Souls trilogy for PS4, having only ever played DS1 (Xbox 360) and Bloodborne (for more than like, fifteen minutes at least). I start Dark Souls up and am doing well enough in Undead Burg; getting a lot of parrying practice in. I end up challenging the black knight and am getting a multitude of back stabs in. Well, in my hubris, I didnt think to heal at this point; I accidentally hit the roll button instead of two-handing my weapon and I end up rolling right into one of his combos, losing 4,000 souls and a humanity.

    The more things change, the more they stay the same. 😂 Gotta stay vigilant, even in the first few areas.

    submitted by /u/Wolfie9313
    [link] [comments]

    I did it! I feel so accomplished!

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 03:45 AM PST

    This is it guys! I finally made it! After so many times trying I finally did it!

    I made it to the title screen!

    I feel so good right now! Maybe later today I'll press start to get into the main menu! Wish me luck guys!

    Fuck you mods.

    submitted by /u/deathfist_
    [link] [comments]

    If you ever feel dumb, just remember I got cursed on my way to Ash Lake and now I have to face Quelaag with half of my weak-ass HP.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 04:35 AM PST

    Well, this says it all. Quelaag almost always one shot kills me and neither my reinforced Zweihänder nor Drake Sword can do much. All I can do is keep rolling rolling rolling rolling.

    L.E: I did it! Had to grind a bit, summon Manaeater to tank and boom, in yo face Quelaag. Thank you all for the support my lovely skeletons.

    submitted by /u/CZFRD
    [link] [comments]

    Hi, Can somebody explain what I should be doing in PVP?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 09:31 PM PST

    I just tried actually PvP tonight on my first character, LVL 117, and while I got a lot of souls and met a few awesome people, I got backstabbed and cheesed left and right. I found lots of long distance magic nonsense, People fishing for nothing but the backstab, and just kinda circling until they'd appear behind me and I'd be backstabbed already. I'm not sure what I should do really.

    I have a set of Black knight armor and weapons upgraded to +5, and I've been using the greatsword. While it packs a punch with the hornet ring, and usually one shots or at least gets them scared enough to run, it's hard to connect nearly anything before I get slammed in the back or assblasted with magic.

    My build is as follows:

    31 VIT 46 END 60 STR 18 DEX Everything else 11 (Deprived start)

    Black Knight Armor (all pieces are +5) Black Knight Shield and Greatsword (+5) Hornet Ring Ring of Favor and Protection

    Is there something I should be doing better build and weapon wise or is it just time to get good?

    submitted by /u/Scorpion278
    [link] [comments]

    Strength weapon suggestions

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 03:20 AM PST

    G'day guys, new to Dark Souls (Playing the Remastered version) I got it as a Christmas gift. I've just beaten the Gaping Dragon in the depths but I think it's time I seriously start looking at my build.

    I'm thinking of just sticking to strength for a build but what I'm unsure of is weapons.

    Currently I'm just using the hand axe that I got started with as a pyromancer. I've upgraded it to plus 2 or 3. I like the damage it gives out and really enjoy the attack speed. It's really the only weapon I've tried.

    Is this a viable endgame weapon if I ever get there? What other weapons would be viable with a similar attack speed? For a strength build?

    Thanks for your time.

    submitted by /u/akeyjay11
    [link] [comments]

    I just rang second bell and im still running with gargoyle halberd

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 02:46 AM PST

    I wonder if i miss something as it is my first playthrough and i didn't found better weapon than this gargoyle halberd yet. I have it upgraded to +6. I have zweihander and server but don't find them so much better. What would you reccomend ?

    submitted by /u/KomboX3
    [link] [comments]

    How do you play for first time again?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 02:40 AM PST

    Hi guys, new to sub. I have a few hundred hours already and am looking to pick up the game again so that I can play it all for the first time again. Any Tips?

    /s

    submitted by /u/Casual_Cube
    [link] [comments]

    Iron Gollem Goof

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 10:24 PM PST

    So I met a friend in DSR a couple years ago and somehow even though we met in darkroot garden, we somehow went off to play other games and never came back to it. Well over Xmas Holliday I brought my switch with me since it was portable for the trip and downloaded DSR out of curiosity of how it performed on the switch I only made it to Taurus demon but it got me itching again to play on my Xbox. So I started a new char and rang the two bells, defeated O&S and then Sif later. While I was having my first go at New London Ruins my old buddy saw I was playing and started a new character. Using password summon setting I helped guide him all the way through Sen's Fortress up to the last bonfire. I told him that you can farm Iron Gollem super easy and get tons of souls to level and build your char before we press to the next area. He said na let's go for it. So he walked through the gate, then I did. Before the fog gate even cleared for me, the Iron Gollem walked of the stage and died. My buddy said "I know you said he was easy but for fucks sake I didn't think that easy" to which I replied, "That's not fuckin at all what I meant by easy you lucky lucky do nothing lucky bastard."

    TLDR; Boasted how easy Iron Gollem was to farm and first time my friend went to fight him Iron Gollem just walked off the stage for a free victory

    submitted by /u/No-Method
    [link] [comments]

    Need help beating Artorias

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 01:53 AM PST

    Started a new character and I'm trying to finish the DLC but I have been unsuccessful for the past 3 days now ...

    Level is 55ish

    Here is my Steam ID if anyone can help / play along later for fun

    submitted by /u/iiBazzinga
    [link] [comments]

    (Cursed) Greatsword of Artorias Help

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 06:15 PM PST

    I keep seeing posts and threads that say that the cursed version of the Greatsword of Artorias only scales with Str/Dex, and I don't get an indication that raising int/faith will raise damage, yet in game, under ParamBonus, I see it listed as C/C/C/C scaling. Does that mean that if I raise my int and faith until I meet the weapon requirements, I can get the C damage scaling for them or will I have only wasted 18 levels?

    submitted by /u/hawkeyegold
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment