• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 4, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 10:09 PM PST

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Which area of the game is this? I'm thinking it's Lost Bastille but I'm not sure.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 09:06 AM PST

    Eerie lore (Brightstone Key)

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 08:49 AM PST

    Key to the Brightstone Cove Tseldora.

    The eccentric Lord Tseldora, known for his
    fascination with spiders, built a town and
    a personal fortune by mining brightstone.

    One day, the town was overrun by spiders,
    but lord Tseldora only stood by and watched,
    eerily contented.

    This is why Dark Souls 2 has the darkest lores of them all soulsborne games for me. How about you? Do you have something in common as well?

    submitted by /u/solidarity93
    [link] [comments]

    The lead up to Drangelic far out compares the lead up to both Anor Londo and Lothric.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 05:38 PM PST

    I just made it to Drangelic for the first time, and was blown away. I've played and beaten both ds 1 and ds3, but none of the openings to either had nearly as much as an effect on me as Drangelic did.

    For two reasons

    1. I'd quite literally never seen Drangelic before. For both dark souls 1 and 3, seeing Anor Londo and Lothric for the first time was completely spoiled for me because everyone loves to spout about how glorious it is, and it is glorious, but not nearly as much as if you get to see it for yourself for the first time.
    2. The isolation. I don't know if it's just me, but the Majula soundtrack is a masterpiece. It is such a mix of emotions, happiness, a daunting feeling, and a feeling that there is something more in this land than is led to be believed. The second I walked up to Drangelic I knew why they made the soundtrack so mysterious yet foreboding, it all circled around and clicked. The isolation of the castle hides something through the music. Excellent design.

    Slightly different topic, although I think a lot of the bosses in dark souls 2 were lackluster, they were made up for in the fact that I had never seen them before. Even a year before I had played ds1, do you know how many times i'd seen and heard of O and S? An insane amount. Before playing ds2, I couldn't name even one boss from it, and that's a good thing. I think part of the reason there's such a tight nit passionate group of ds2 followers is because of that inherent mystery and wonder that ds2 brings with the experience. Also just the majula music.

    submitted by /u/unknownidentity1928
    [link] [comments]

    I DID IT!

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 11:32 AM PST

    I have beaten Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin.
    I am so happy.
    This was a amazing game.
    This is probally my favorite between the three.
    ...But now i have to do dlc.

    fuck.

    submitted by /u/isaquelucasbr2
    [link] [comments]

    Where are the weapons that are on fire or have lightening?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 01:22 PM PST

    How do I get one of those cool looking flame/lightening swords like everyone on YouTube has? Also are the skins people have with pink outfits and spikey hair or weird clothing mods?

    submitted by /u/6amp
    [link] [comments]

    Is DS2 worth playing?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 12:50 PM PST

    I already have SotFS, so would you people say DS2OG is worth playing? Or is it okay if i just play DS2SotFS? Im asking because I am a bit of a completionist with the soulsbornesekiro(???) series, so I wanted your guys thoughts, is it worth it or is it not worth it?

    submitted by /u/genhh123
    [link] [comments]

    I'm new to DS2, what are the best tips for starting?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 03:03 AM PST

    I bought DS2 recently, i'm overall not new to souls like games as i beat bloodborne and i'm on my way to finishing DS3, i haven't got to the first DS2 boss yet.

    submitted by /u/redcannibal_
    [link] [comments]

    Have i lost everything?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 06:23 AM PST

    I have played dark souls 2 on xbox for years now and it is my favourite souls game by far. When i moved to an appartment i lost the game cd and im wondering if i can buy a digital copy of the game and still have my old saves?

    submitted by /u/bawserlol
    [link] [comments]

    This game really is better than dark souls 3

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 01:40 PM PST

    I used to have this weird notion of dark souls 2 like it was inferior somehow just because of what I'd heard, but after I finally got around to playing it (just beat Alonne) it really is way more rewarding than the third installment imo. Some of the bosses are much harder but have actually trained me to get much better and I feel like a god when I beat the likes of Raime or Alonne.

    submitted by /u/jakrictel
    [link] [comments]

    What is meta level for pvp?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 12:45 PM PST

    Impressions about Scholar of the DFirst Sin.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 11:16 PM PST

    Hello guys. A few weeks ago I asked for some advice since I was about to play SoTFS for the first time and I had no idea what to do. The response I received was immense and very helpful.

    I just wanted to share with you that I have beaten the game and having completed the other Dark Souls, Bloodborne and Sekiro I have to say that I enjoyed this the most.

    I really loved the combat, (I went with a DEX build) and I had to strategize a lot since I knew that I could get ganged up on the enemies. On most bosses I lost maybe once. This is what makes this game so amazing to me, not having the frustration of facing them over and over, in fact I lost more times to Gehrman or Soul of Cinder than I lost to all the bosses combined.

    I found the areas harder but and some of the bonfire placement awful, but it feels so amazing to be able to keep a certain pace not having huge obstacles that can't be overcome. I know for many defeating a boss feels relieving but not for me (besides final bosses).

    I just wanted to say once again that this was my favorite in the series and the only one I might consider a second play through. Most of all thank you guys for being so helpful and providing support when I needed it.

    submitted by /u/Arumat_P_Thanatos
    [link] [comments]

    Pro tip

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 12:07 PM PST

    You can cheat the white forest area using reshade and activating MXAO.The trees,chests,and enemy's will have a black outline around them making the area much easier to navigate

    submitted by /u/Null_Moon_Man
    [link] [comments]

    Finished DSR and I'm a few hours in DS2 without playing online, I finally bought the games on Steam, meaning I can try out the online stuff, can somebody explain how it works to me?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 07:52 AM PST

    Loyce Souls farming

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 10:52 AM PST

    Hi, im a old gen ds2 player (With the scholar of the first sin edition) and i want to know if there is anyone who haven't killed the ivory king yet, to farm the loyce souls with them.

    If there is not. Any tip to an optimus farm without a bonfire ascetic? I come back to the arena but is really hard since the knights only spawn 3, and to respawn they take a long time.

    submitted by /u/Gabipitoo
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 is the second game in my new year's resolution gaming project! (I just forgot to post it here) Remember to play all your Steam games.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 06:30 PM PST

    I'm doing a project for my new year's resolution where I upload one video a day to youtube of a new game on steam. I'm doing this because I realized that I have close to 365 games on steam, and most of them don't have more than an hour of play time on them. Dark Souls 2 happened to be one of the games I don't have any time in, so I decided to play it earlier than the other games in the series.

    If you're interested in my first impressions, or just want to see me fool around and try to beat Dragon Rider with a dagger, check out my video here! Thanks for keeping such an amazing game alive for me to play, even though it took so long.

    submitted by /u/Always_Helpful
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help with Ring of Blades +2, SM 290k? [Steam]

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 09:13 AM PST

    Good enemy to test damage on?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 08:56 AM PST

    not the firekeeper pls

    submitted by /u/deadman777
    [link] [comments]

    How do I check if I’ve failed the no bonfire challenge?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 01:56 AM PST

    I accidentally sat at bloody majula .. but quit immediately.. how do i check if I've failed and it didn't save?

    submitted by /u/Veloxiczz
    [link] [comments]

    Its 2019 and I still can't find solid info on Forlorn

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 09:55 PM PST

    So I've been coming back to Ds2 for years and never tried to get the forlorn set until this week.

    A friend of mine wants to go through the game and I figured id do a forlorn scythe play through but still be able to play with my friend as early as possible.

    So my question is why is it everything I search just locations or the fact that she exists but until i spent hours on the run to brume tower with the agape ring (to keep that soul memory low) and kill her at the easy spawn that i find out that she can only be killed once per spot?

    Ps. Does anyone know where the spawn trigger is at the Foyer bonfire in brume tower

    submitted by /u/Dusttrap
    [link] [comments]

    How to play in offline mode

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 04:16 AM PST

    Hello.

    I am currently doing the platinum for ds2 on playstation. To do this it would really help to be able to play in offline mode. My only problem is when I enter ds2 it automatically goes into online mode and I can't turn it off. I do get the option to cancel log in when joining the game if I am quick, but then I have to confirm and I have 0,1 second to do so and the option starts on no so I am not able to switch to yes in time.

    Anyone have any idea why this is? Or if there is some other way to play in offline mode while also being able to receive trophies.

    submitted by /u/Smiley1993
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best route to take first in terms of gear, upgrade materials and bosses.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 03:59 PM PST

    I prefer to go throught Bastille, get the neccessities, then go to Huntsman's Copse, Harvest Valley, Earthen Peak and Iron Keep.

    submitted by /u/PersonalIndividual
    [link] [comments]

    First time through DS2:SOTFS. What is a good simple melee build to use?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 07:41 PM PST

    I used Lothric knight LS 40str40dex for DS3, played the game twice.

    I used Black Knight Greataxe / Zweihander 40Str30Dex for my DSR playthrough.

    Basically I Like RPing as a Knight/Strength/Dex user. Not a fan of casting spells, except in DS3 where I had a Darkmoon blade/Sunlight spear Faith build.

    I like my DS Characters simple... what's a good first run build?

    submitted by /u/DUCK_PENETRATOR
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment