• Breaking News

    Monday, January 20, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 10:10 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    So am I the only one to cheese Havel this way?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 12:10 AM PST

    I hate fighting Havel. Even in my best armor he kills me in 1-2 hits and I suck at getting backstabs even when naked. In my last fight i finally said fuck it and ran but fell off the stairs on my way up and took some fall dmg he chased me off the stairs also took dmg and then killed my ass. Light bulb.

    Take 76: I charge into battle naked aggro him, run up the stairs, he follows, and I jump / dodge roll off the top of the landing. Rinse, repeat about six times and only one estus flask and he dies. Knowing the dark souls community I cant be the first person who thought of this.

    FYI I only started playing dark souls in the past year and started with the remaster so I know I am late to the party.

    submitted by /u/RatedRPG-YT
    [link] [comments]

    Straight Sword of Astora is amazing

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 04:47 PM PST

    Hello, I wanted to tell You all, about the weapon nobody really talks about, the Straight Sword of Astora! Why is it specieal for me? Well, If you have master key and don't mind spending first few levels to get 14 faith, You can get it and use it at the beginning of the game, and you're gonna be one-shoting almost every basic enemy in Undead Burg and Undead Parish, but also it has one secret… The sword has a divine blessing which kills the skeletons in catacombs for good, so you can upgrade it and use it throughout the catacombs to have more calm experience in that location, and also it really helps to get rid off skelybois ganging you when You're fighting Nito.

    And also it's the sword Oscar uses.

    Thank You for reading, and I hope in your next adventure in Lordran you will give it a try.

    submitted by /u/MildlyPhotographer
    [link] [comments]

    To the player who helped me

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 07:49 AM PST

    His name was A23858585 on PSN. But I couldn't say thank you because his account doesn't accept messages from non friends. I tried to summon and got invaded.

    Was having a tense battle in the bonfire room when he arrived. I backstabbed the invader and he almost ran away. Homeboy knocked him down with force and I finished the fight.

    Then we rocked Ornstein and Smough.

    Probably my first time summoning a sunbro instead of being one and it was awesome.

    Heap honour upon his name for he is a top quality lad.

    submitted by /u/NapalmPlague
    [link] [comments]

    Drew Sif for the night of the wolf moon!

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 08:49 PM PST

    Anyone else wish you could aim with the crossbow like you could with the bow-and-arrow?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 05:48 PM PST

    I mean, at least let me scope in with the sharpshooter crossbow. That way I could, ya know, feel like a sharpshooter.

    submitted by /u/BludgeonVIII
    [link] [comments]

    THANK YOU SKIN MAN

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 12:50 AM PST

    Was doing pvp with some friends yesterday at the staircase in londo and we got invaded by a friendly who just helped us without being hostile, killing all other invaders that got in our way. He kept it going for like 2 hours, and before he black crystalled, he dropped a cleansing greatshield and a pierce shield for me, name was Skin Man, so if you're reading this thanks fella. I appreciate you.

    submitted by /u/devendidntwakeup
    [link] [comments]

    This is my first time playing this game and I just rung the first bell of awakening.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 09:48 PM PST

    This game is already fantastic! I've loved the visuals and the dragon was super cool. I found the Capra Demon and got insta killed because of Estus Flask. I have played and beat DS3 which is one of my fondest gaming experiences ever. I'm ready to continue playing this until I beat it! Wish me luck!

    submitted by /u/WitheredApricot
    [link] [comments]

    My first tattoo, dedicated to the game that's made such a big impact in my life

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 11:49 AM PST

    Just beat Nito

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 10:48 PM PST

    Fuck those big ass skeletons.

    submitted by /u/sansan-stan
    [link] [comments]

    How much would a better build help me in PvP?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 11:19 PM PST

    I've been doing a bit of a challenge run where I don't level vitality at all and don't wear any armor, but otherwise level up as much as I want. I'm level 45 and decided to try some PvP tonight in Darkroot Forest and it went absolutely horribly. I was using the mace and Force (the miracle) as my main weapons and I did throw some light armor on. I got absolutely stomped by everyone I fought with literally only two kills after dozens of tries, both via throwing someone off a cliff with Force. It sucked having less health than everyone else but I had a number of other problems too.

    • people were constantly hitting me with attacks I thought would miss / I'd dodge (some due to lag but probably some due to me making mistakes)
    • I repeatedly got backstabbed when I didn't at all think they'd be able to backstab me due to either the direction I was facing or me trying to roll away but they cancelled it or something?
    • the people I fought all seemed way way more experienced than me to the point I felt nearly helpless at times
    • I feel like the mace's moveset sucked for this with it's slow speed and low range

    I haven't done much DS1 PvP at all but I did a bit in DS3 and it was definitely never this consistent of a shitshow for me. Would a better build give me an actual fighting chance or is this just what the PvP scene is like for someone new to it?

    submitted by /u/mothercloud
    [link] [comments]

    Plea of the Old God (A Poem)

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 08:09 PM PST

    Here the flames fade, soon forgotten.

    There they rise again, curse redundant.

    I've stood here for ages, can't remember what for.

    The fire left me long ago but darkness creeps slow.

    Ages have passed and hardly have I creaked.

    My bones to brittle to move.

    Mind to faded to think.

    Surely this room had splendor.

    Perhaps when I was young?

    What once was fire only ashes, dunes of forgotten power.

    There the door creeks, I can feel the cold draft.

    If I could shout I'd tell you this,

    "Turn back from this cursed plan."

    Not sure what made me write this specifically but was feeling somber after my wife left for a short business trip and needed to get something out. I hope you enjoy.

    submitted by /u/sunnydelinquent
    [link] [comments]

    Streamer DumbDog accidentally Wrong Warps to final area during Enemy/Item randomizer run.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 10:03 PM PST

    Everyone was confused on how it happened, but thought it'd be interesting to share. https://clips.twitch.tv/BelovedAgitatedMonitorPicoMause

    submitted by /u/Gatewalk
    [link] [comments]

    Don’t want to kill more NPCs but want their items.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 07:59 PM PST

    I was Gravelording yesterday and was desperate for Dried Fingers and killed the undead merchant. For my build I need the Royal Helm and the Blacksmith's Giant Hammer but I don't want to kill either blacksmith. Can someone give me these items? Also any other NPC items you can spare would be nice for the lore.

    submitted by /u/JackOfAllCrafts
    [link] [comments]

    How to fight with a rapier?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 03:44 AM PST

    Question above fellas, please give me some advice

    submitted by /u/Juzed02
    [link] [comments]

    Finished ds1

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 01:46 AM PST

    So, I just got 100% steam trophys on this masterpiece. My question is, which game I should go on? ds2/ds3/demon souls/bloodborne/sekiro?

    submitted by /u/Juzed02
    [link] [comments]

    Some questions about Gwyndolin

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 01:19 AM PST

    Hey there, I have some question about our trans boy ...

    First of all, why does he have snake legs? I read the whole compendium but I didn't find any clues. Is this explained anywhere?

    And second, another usual question about size. Why does the size differ in the Sunlight family - Gwyn and NK are similar size, their big but not as giant as Gwynevere, and still much bigger than skinny teeny tiny Gwyndolin. Now, since Gwynevere is just an illusion, she might be bigger than her usual appearance but on the other hand, why would Gwyndolin make her look bigger, if he wanted to make the illusion convincing?

    And third - seriously, those snake legs? What the hell?

    submitted by /u/IceCreamYouScream92
    [link] [comments]

    What do you listen to while playing Dark Souls?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 03:28 AM PST

    I do like to take in the ambiance just as much as anyone else, but come late game I often find myself listening to a lot of black metal in particular. Here's some stories that have to do with my first playthrough, which weirdly synced up with what I was listening to at the moment:

    First of all, grinding in the painted world. I would just continuously kill the phalanx while listening to Hypothermia. Not much else to say there. As I arrived in Demon Ruins and got my bearings there, that cool guitar bit in Spectre as Valkyrie by Lurker of Chalice came on and god damn it was a religious experience.

    Last but not least, and my favorite story, as I was making my way through the Tomb of Giants I was listening to Dark Midieval Times by Satyricon. I thought I had killed just about all of the enemies leading up to the bonfire embedded in the cliff, and as I was approaching it the part with the flute was playing. The warm sound of the acoustic guitars and the flute were giving me a sense of ease as I approached the bonfire. But then, as I felt at peace in so many ways, a skeletal beast fell on me from the cliff above at the exact moment that the music shifted back to the breakdown. It couldn't have been better timing. Here's a link to the song for reference: https://youtu.be/B0l4B_QiZD0

    Anyways, do any of you listen to music while playing Dark Souls? I feel like the lack of a soundtrack apart from boss fights incentivizes people to listen to music while grinding/exploring. Tell me your experiences!

    submitted by /u/youthofnausea
    [link] [comments]

    Just got Darksouls Remaster!

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 10:58 AM PST

    I learned after many failed attempts that the skeletons is not the way I should be going. After many conversations with myself at the bonfire. Finally decided to take a different path. Moved towards the stairs and realized this is much easier. Wish me luck brothers, I hope to praise the sun soon enough!

    submitted by /u/TotalRecon
    [link] [comments]

    Creating a mage for the first time

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 07:39 PM PST

    Hey everyone! What should I raise my vitality and endurance to while playing as a mage? I'm planning on using the MLGS later on fyi. Also any weapons to use before I get that?


    [link] [comments]

    Is Frampt's scheme possible in the long run?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 06:16 PM PST

    There's something about Dark Souls 1 that confuses me.

    All right, so here's what I understand. Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken anywhere.

    In Darks Souls 1, Primordial Serpent Frampt's scheme is to manipulate your character into defeating Gwyn and taking his place in order to Link the Fire, thus preserving the Age of Fire. To do this, you have to travel to Anor Londo and get the Lordvessel from an illusion of Gwynevere who was fabricated by her brother Gwyndolin, the only real god left in Anor Londo.

    In order to satiate the Lordvessel, you need the Lord Souls of Nito, the Four Kings, the Witch of Izalith (now the Bed of Chaos), and Seath the Scaleless. Once all four are gathered, you can access the Kiln of the First Flame, defeat Gwyn, and either Link the Fire or leave and usher in the Age of Dark.

    Of course, it doesn't matter what you choose because the cycle will repeat itself over and over and over . . . but that's not the point here.

    Here's my question: How can Frampt keep this scheme up once the carriers of the Lord Souls are dead?

    Once the Chosen Undead defeats Nito, Seath, the Four Kings, and what remains of the Witch, aren't those Lord Souls consumed by the Lordvessel and thus gone forever? If the First Flame needs a powerful soul to Link it each and every time, how will they be able to access the Kiln of the First Flame again? If the door remains open permanently afterwards, then I can understand it, but what if it closes with each Linking?

    And what if Gwyndolin is killed and the illusion of Gwynevere is shattered during the Chosen Undead's first go around? How will the Lordvessel be passed down without someone to hand it to the next candidate to Link the Fire?

    Then, again, we know that Aldrich, Saint of the Deep, devours Gwyndolin in Dark Souls 3, so I suppose I can understand if its canon lore that Gwyndolin survives in the first game. However, it doesn't explain the other bosses like Nito and Seath . . . or does it?

    I mean, do these characters all come back to life after the First Flame is Linked? Or are Nito and the others just illusions that Frampt and Gwyndolin made in order to trick the Chosen Undead? If so, then is Gwyn, Lord of Cinder, not the real Gwyn either but just something fabricated to keep up the act? Has the Fire already been Linked several times before OUR character reaches the Kiln?

    Anyone have any answers or possible explanations?

    submitted by /u/Scholar57
    [link] [comments]

    I did it I got my stats up

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 07:12 PM PST

    30 vit 20 att 30 end 10 str 45 DeX 8 res 50 int 8 fatih what else sould go up i am a sorcerer

    submitted by /u/Raze-Cire
    [link] [comments]

    Want to finish the all the souls games

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 07:11 PM PST

    So I just finished ds3 and I've played ds1 like 15 times (bc I made like every type of build possible favorite was a Oscar cosplay tho) now I played a bit of ds2 got to the ruin sentinels I was using a strength tank build but I want to go for something different was wondering what's a good build I should use that's good for pve.

    submitted by /u/tallspartan117
    [link] [comments]

    Starting bow only run, hope i will arrive at gwin

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 12:06 AM PST

    It's the 5th time i start this type of run, and i always stop when i defeat ornstein or smough or when i defeat 1 of the 4 lords. This time i'd like to complete the game. If someone had alredy done this type of run, like me, can give me some advice. Feel free to speak :D

    submitted by /u/XxSAM393xX
    [link] [comments]

    oh my god did i fuck up saving solaire

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 07:06 PM PST

    i beat the centipede demon and without thinking went on into the entrance of lost izalith; i immediately went back and joined the chaos servants and opened the door and killed all the maggots incl. the sunlight maggot but after i killed them solaire was sitting there dejected about "his dear, dear sun"

    did i fuck this up? is my man donezo :-(

    submitted by /u/sallyvalentine
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment