• Breaking News

    Monday, January 20, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 10:13 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Power stanced caestus is the most fun I've ever had.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 01:32 AM PST

    Try it if you're bored, you'll punch dragons to death!

    https://i.imgur.com/iXG6Ckx.png

    submitted by /u/Lava_Croft
    [link] [comments]

    So, is the Return to Drangleic event going to happen this year?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 06:36 AM PST

    i just found out about this community event named Return to Drangleic and i see it happens every year, is it gonna happen this year?

    submitted by /u/isaquelucasbr2
    [link] [comments]

    So I got the Ivory King Ultra Greatsword and I think I've been spoiled

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 08:41 AM PST

    It's basically an ultra lightsaber that deals 800-1000 damage per hit. What the fuck? It's so damn fun, so beautiful and hits like ten trucks. I can't bring myself to use any other weapon, they just don't obliterate enemies nearly enough. I was thinking of using the hora hora rapier but man the effects, sounds and the big yellow bar that appears every time you use the IKUGS is so good. I don't think I can use another weapon ever again.

    Help.

    submitted by /u/Myoldaccwashacced
    [link] [comments]

    Nevermind, Dark souls 2 has good bosses

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 08:32 PM PST

    I said a few days ago that the bosses in Dark souls 2 were lackluster and lacked challenge and reward. And for the most part I stand by what I said, especially the old ones and the bosses in the beginning of the game.

    Aaaaaaand then I went to Iron keep, and had an absolute god damn blast. Smelter demon was so much fun(there's also a blue one?) and the twin dragon riders surprisingly were hard for me. Looking glass knight is so epic.

    What do they all have in common besides being god damn dead 😏, cool mechanics! FromSoftware definitely took risks in boss design.

    I'm currently on Burnt ivory king( I had to take a break from the main story, Shrine of Amana makes me wanna rage,) great god damn game!

    submitted by /u/Slope07
    [link] [comments]

    idk why this happened

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 01:50 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/0kXbgqZ After wards he looks off at the ocean and jumps off lol

    submitted by /u/tallspartan117
    [link] [comments]

    I'm doing a Dex build and I want to dual wield what weapons do u recommend? I'm using a shield and rapier at the moment

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 02:33 PM PST

    I messed up a npc story need help.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 02:13 PM PST

    I pulled that lever in aldia's keep out of curiosity and now the npc won't say anything but sell stuff. I'm using channel brian's walkthrough, but never knew i wasn't supposed to pull it. How do i reset it? I used a bonfire aesthetic but it didn't work

    submitted by /u/kiasilverstar5653
    [link] [comments]

    Finally I beat darklurker. Commentary in Polish, I invite you to watch :)

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 01:40 PM PST

    Vendrick was possibly the toughest boss for me of the main game.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 01:11 PM PST

    Really only struggled with a few bosses but for Vendrick, his delayed attacks always threw off my dodging, especially his overhead. Tried sorcery, hex, bow, I could not beat him, couldn't even chip his health enough, carrying four giant souls before he killed me. After much frustration and dying a lot of times I gave up and used a greatsword since it was my highest damage dealer and buffed it with my last resin. Wasn't expecting anything, but something clicked. I stayed on his right, dodged his attacks, or his attacks wouldn't connect because I was moving to stay on his side or on his back. Ended up killing him with no damage. What a rush after that.

    Funny enough the Pursuer boss almost made me rage quit the game for similar reasons, always dodged too early. I think not cheesing him helped me out overall since I wasn't having much trouble with the game after except until i got to Vendrick.

    submitted by /u/Draxer
    [link] [comments]

    Well I have three of the DLC crowns, but can’t figure out where to go with the kings ring, getting lost is kind of my thing in this game. Where am I supposed to go now?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 01:08 PM PST

    I've beaten every DLC up to the Sir Allone fight as I still don't have the item necessary to access the memory. I've just barely received the kings ring that accesses the locked off doors that require the kings sigil, but I don't know where to go next. In fact I end up accidentally in DLC content all the time due to being lost. Anyway, any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/ThatOneAnimeGamerGuy
    [link] [comments]

    Some questions from a beginner

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 12:42 PM PST

    1. I bought the old Phalos stone or something from the hag at the tower in the forest of fallen giants,but what is its use?

    2. How many health do I need to survive the fall in the pit in majula?

    3. At the weapon requirement list for melee,there is below dexterity and stremgth requirement letters with the same icon. What do they mean?

    submitted by /u/Mastur4
    [link] [comments]

    What is your favorite secret/reference/mistery in the game?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 12:35 PM PST

    What comes to my mind would be the pickaxe and the visible arous set

    Also, why elana can summon velstadt? I mean whats the lore explanation for that if anyone knows

    submitted by /u/ScreenedVirus12
    [link] [comments]

    Fanfic: Elegy for Serreta

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 08:02 AM PST

    A short, highly speculative vignette about a certain former Saint regretting her sins.

    Elegy for Seretta

    submitted by /u/DezoPenguin
    [link] [comments]

    Im addicted. Any idea when the next steam sale is?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:16 AM PST

    So until recently i had never touched any type of darksouls game. After completing ds1 im playing 2 but my friend is steam sharing all of the ds games with me but i can only play when he isnt online. I havent been able to play for a few days as hes always online. So im literally hoping he isnt online so i can play, havent had a game have me this hooked since i was young. So my question is if anyone knowz when the next steam sale is so i can get all the ds games.

    submitted by /u/JT1727
    [link] [comments]

    Who can you parry

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 01:19 AM PST

    Dark chasm of old. I'm struggling a lot there. It's been more than one year ago I started playing and I'm trying to complete that area but it seems impossible. Havel always fucks me or the turtle hammer bois and i'm desesperated with em. I've spent a lot of days trying and upgrading majula's bonfire (the skeletons oneshot me and I have the smelter demon set pls halp)

    submitted by /u/arboledaboladora
    [link] [comments]

    The shrine of winter

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 08:49 AM PST

    I'm in NG+2 and basically want to get to Wellager for the spells. Ist it faster to farm the 3M somewhere or do I have to get the 4 souls again? Would prefer not to go through the gutter or deal with sinner again...

    Edit: If you're a hoarder and pretty greedy it's not so bad, got ca. 1,5 M from my inventory, the rest from the rotten. Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/Lumsut
    [link] [comments]

    How important are giant souls

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 07:23 AM PST

    I was wondering if vendrick is really that much more tanky with only a few giant souls. Ancient dragon is a hassle id rather avoid. I know he gets more defence the less you have but is it really that substantial?

    submitted by /u/kahn762
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth using the Bonfire Ascetic to reset the Old Dragonslayer fight, if it's possible?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 07:15 AM PST

    When I fought him I summoned a character to fight with me because I was frustrated from the Heide Knights, but I feel like I'd like to fight him solo again, and I don't want to wait till NG+ (I'm in Brightstone Cove Tseldora rn, haven't even started the DLC yet). I wouldn't mind fighting him on a higher difficulty now. So I wanna ask if it's a good idea to use it now, and at which bonfire? Also, does it reset Dragonrider too?

    submitted by /u/BlackJ0ke
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 has been redeemed in my eyes

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 11:25 PM PST

    When I first started playing Dark Souls 2, I finished NG3 on Dark Souls 3, needless to say Dark Souls 2 was a very different experience, but nothing too bad.

    Then I got to No Man's Wharf, I don't know what happened, maybe I was too underleveled or something, but I could not get past it and kept dying, eventually giving up the game.

    I wouldn't play it again until today, the previous day I beat Dark Souls 1, and I wanted more, so I decided to go back to this game.

    I was loaded into No Man's Wharf, died 10 times and said "Fuck this, I'm making a new character"

    Best decision of my life.

    In four hours, I was already a higher level than my first character, got 5 Estus Flask drinks (I had 2 on my first run), met Mirrah and actually payed attention to her, and I was actually making progress. I beat No Man's Wharf and finally got to The Lost Bastille. I am loving the game now.

    Though I will say, I don't really like the combat too much compared to Dark Souls 1 and 3. When you get your shield knocked away, its so much longer than the other games and leaves you open for like 10 days. The rhythm of the combat feels weird, my sword has a small recovery after an attack, and I'm used to being able to roll right after an attack. Also I don't like how you can't riposte, at least I don't think so, everytime I've parried an enemy or invader I could never riposte so I assume its not an option.

    Thats about all my complaints so far. I still can't wait to play this game through

    submitted by /u/TheHarryman01
    [link] [comments]

    Ds2 casual blind playthrough ��

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 08:55 AM PST

    Gonna be starting my first ever play through of ds2 and gonna be uploading every Friday feel free to subscribe and join in the fun xD

    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCe0MuyfyONM2HGe7cNMXl7g

    submitted by /u/Illegaly-Irish
    [link] [comments]

    That DS2 dev humour, I tell ya...

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 04:47 PM PST

    You know what grinds my gears? Enemies with unique drops that spawn once per playthrough. Currently trying to complete the Insolent set and what does this guy drop more than anything? Spices and ascetics. It's like the devs are trying to communicate.

    • Skeptic's Spice - Will you ever get the missing pieces? Who knows?
    • Simpleton's Spice - You are stupid.
    • Twinkling Titanite - These are normally pretty valuable but here they are when you don't want them diluting the loot pool.
    • Bonfire Ascetics - He's not even going to drop what you need this round. Take this and try again, chump.
    submitted by /u/homingmissile
    [link] [comments]

    Any advice for building a caster?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 03:00 AM PST

    I've played this game since 2015, but went all this time without trying to commit to a full caster playthrough. I'm not building for pvp and am using any and all magic I can, be it hexes or sorcery or whatnot. I'm at the midgame, ready to do Iron Keep and then kill The Rotten, but I feel like I'm lost with progression?

    I know my endgame, I'm just not sure what's good to use until I get to that point. I've been using the Sunset Staff and dark orb with the Lion mage robes and the black hood, and while it works, it's kind of boring. Any ideas for things to use at this stage in the game?

    submitted by /u/TapAtoLive
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any weapons like this?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 02:25 AM PST

    So, you guys know how in ds1 you can get the black Knight halberd really early if you're lucky, well I was wondering if there are any unique or really OP weapons you can get in ds2. To me it feels like every weapon or piece of armor I have is a run down piece of trash. I've beaten the game before and can't think of any really unique stuff in ds2. Surely there is stuff, I just haven't found it. Right?

    submitted by /u/VideoBurrito
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment