• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 1, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 10:10 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I DID IIIITTTT!!!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 02:20 PM PST

    I finally beat dark souls! My hands are still shaking from that gwyn fight but man is it a rush! This is my third soulsbornre game and It might be the hardest I've beaten yet, I can't wait to play dark souls 2 and eventually demon souls, praise the freaking sun!!!

    Edit: just in time for new year's as well

    submitted by /u/adilw04
    [link] [comments]

    This is my Artorias fan art, hope you like it ��

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 05:08 AM PST

    Artorias is the hardest boss

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 04:22 PM PST

    I thought beating the abyss watchers would make fighting Artorias easier, but boy was I wrong. I still haven't beaten it yet

    submitted by /u/FlokiJordan
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody else get frustrated when you don't perform as well as you could?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 10:33 PM PST

    I find myself getting incredibly frustrated when I play bad, when I know I've played better before. I've beat every Dark Souls and Sekiro (never played Bloodborne because I don't own PS4) so when I start to play like shit, and die to enemies and bosses that aren't even hard, I feel terrible. For example, my 2nd play through of the game after not touching it for over a year, I pretty much beat every boss 1st try, except for Quelaag, Nito, 4 kings, and Bed of Chaos. So then I started up NG+ and now I'm dying to enemies that never gave me trouble before, and got killed once by easy bosses like Taurus Demon, Capra Demon, and Gaping Dragon. I understand NG+ is harder due to enemy damage, but man does it feel bad to perform poorly after having a good amount of experience with these games. I've tried relying less on my shield and focusing strictly on dodging, and I'm getting destroyed. I can dodge fine, but when I use it as my only method of avoiding damage, I eventually mess up. I guess I hold myself to such a high standard, and I get angry when I don't meet my expectations. Am I alone on this?

    submitted by /u/SnowWolfHD
    [link] [comments]

    New Year...New Game

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 05:39 PM PST

    So I have been wanting to get a character to max level in ds1 for like 2 years. And since we are entering a new decade I figured this was as good of a time as any. I know this is going to be a long challenge, since max level is somewhere around 730ish. I plan on doing this with no glitches or help from outside character (all offline). I am hoping to get this done within the year, any advice or builds (early or late) ideas. All are appreciated.

    Also how long do you think it will take?

    I hope to post following updates in the coming very long months.

    submitted by /u/Vrabs
    [link] [comments]

    Playing Dark Souls makes better the wait for 2020

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 09:52 PM PST

    Fuck.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 08:40 AM PST

    I just got cursed for the first time ever. It happened in the great hollow somehow. Now I'm fucked. Please send good vibes, I could use them.

    submitted by /u/N0vii
    [link] [comments]

    2020 DS Victory

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 05:22 PM PST

    I didn't set it up this way but it's how it is going to happen, which makes me all the happier. I'm all set up for NG+ and am going in to fight Lord Gwyn, it's only a few hours till 2020, so I will be going into the new year with a Dark Souls win.

    submitted by /u/Downvote-Purgatory
    [link] [comments]

    Where to go after Anor Londo?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 12:59 AM PST

    Just got the lordvessel, I know there are 2 serpent dudes I can give it to, I want to give it to the Darkstalker one and I know that there are 4 main zones left -New Londo -Lost Izalith -Dukes Archives -Catacombs Which should I venture to first??

    submitted by /u/buckeye62303
    [link] [comments]

    Kalameet yeah I know....

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 12:24 AM PST

    Please help not only am I trying to beat the last of the dlc, I really want his tail for the weapon and that is my objective over winning, btw... nintendo switch

    submitted by /u/Goku-Black21
    [link] [comments]

    Who should of i give my lord vessel to? (No spoilers)

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 12:10 AM PST

    Does choosing one snake dude or the other result in me getting a different ending or is it all up to what I do after the final boss? NO STORY SPOILERS PLEASE

    submitted by /u/buckeye62303
    [link] [comments]

    Is sorcery a bit overpowered?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 01:06 PM PST

    My first play through I used a sword and shield strength build. It was hard but so rewarding to slash through each area and slay each terrifying boss. NG+ I upgraded faith and tried to be a bit of a paladin. The end was a lot harder but felt even more rewarding. My next playthrough I made a sorcerer build. I just beat Gwyn and honestly didn't struggle on a single boss. Just homing missiles and soul spears from a distance. There is barely any pattern memorizing anymore, just get a safe distance and blast. Then the moonlight great sword is almost as good as an strength sword I used, in fact better than most. Between that and my spells, throw a couple fire orbs here and there, I just absolutely murder everything. No struggle. I'll admit the moonlight great sword was a bitch to obtain though. I still have to try NG+ but I feel like with being able to obtain more copies of the strongest spells ill still be unstoppable.

    Does anyone else find sorcery with the moonlight great sword to be easy mode?

    submitted by /u/WhispersAboutNothing
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone on dsr right now? Shitty i have to wait 5 minutes. kinda just want to play with other people

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 03:05 AM PST

    SL 125/NG+7 > SL 1/NG+0

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 10:34 PM PST

    After beating both ds1 & 3 at both SL 1/NG and SL 125/NG+7, here are a few observations:

    I much, much prefer NG+7 at SL 125 than regular NG at SL 1. In both, many enemies and bosses kill you in 1-3 hits, take a similar amount of hits to kill, and generally the difficulty is comparable.

    However...

    At SL 125, you have every build, weapon, and spell available to you rather than being tied to just a handful of weapons, (only a few of which are any good), and if you partake in the pvp, 125 is obviously much more active than SL 1.

    Especially the original Dark Souls on PC was a hoot because I could jump straight to NG+7 and turn on gravelord phantoms to spice things up a bit. Most of them straight up 1-shot you (I had 2000 hp) in Anor Londo and beyond, it's absolutely hilarious. Dried Fingers just add to the fun.

    I'd say at 125/NG+7, your damage output is comparatively slightly lower than at SL 1/NG, when comparing how many times I had to hit Artorias with my 16/45 Str/Dex +5 Chaos Blade (with 10+ SH) vs +5 Lightning Reinforced Club at SL 1. Same with Kalameet, Manus etc.

    So if you have the option, give NG+7 a shot on a meta SL character. It's the most fun I've had in pve in ages after I finished my SL 1/NG runs, and I'm enjoying this far more than SL 1 specifically because I can use all of my favorite weapons, I can fast roll (or mid roll in ds3) in my favorite armor setup etc.

    P. S. Planning to also try NG+7 in ds2 and +6 in Bloodborne, but I suck at those games so they'll have to wait until I'm less trash. Happy New Year, you incandescent bastards!

    submitted by /u/Jinxed_Scrub
    [link] [comments]

    Ally summoning problem (NPC)

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 10:33 PM PST

    When I summon Solaire at O and S, the stupid royal knight big bois keep distracting him, can i just go through the fog and will he come with me?

    submitted by /u/buckeye62303
    [link] [comments]

    Can you Ring the Second Bell before the First?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 02:17 AM PST

    I know it's possible to get to Blighttown/Quelaags Domain through The Valley Of Drakes by using the master key down in New Londo(?) and crossing a wood plank bridge. I've never tried to enter the fog gate and was wondering if you can go through and ring the Second Bell of Awakening.

    submitted by /u/MadMichael72
    [link] [comments]

    As a new player going through ds1 for the first time, new londo is freaking horrifying.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 07:14 AM PST

    When you first get there, you cant kill the demon ghosts which clip through walls and shank you. Then, after you get the lord vessel, you go down below to get to the four kings. Youve heard of darkwraiths before so you shouldnt be surprised to see some, but they are still terrifying. Not to mention the sentient mass of bodies just looming about. Every corner there could be another wraith, every dark room possibly another one. Youre constantly on edge.

    Lets not forget to mention the whole time you are walking on water logged corpses which already put me off. Every step crunch crunch crunch.

    I'm actually writing this just before the four kings fight. I'm jist trying to stall taking on the four kings. I walked through the fog gate and cant go back :@

    Here goes nothing I guess....

    submitted by /u/RuinSentinelRicce
    [link] [comments]

    Advice please

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 08:08 PM PST

    So I can't seem to beat NG+3 Gwyn, I'm using a +5 Black Knight Halberd, my strongest weapon rn, can someone please give me advice?

    submitted by /u/th33nd3rtr011
    [link] [comments]

    Red crab dude???

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 09:56 PM PST

    What is that, What is that, PRIVATE PILE WHAT IS THIS!?

    A red crab thing somebody pls explain

    submitted by /u/Orbiting_Fish
    [link] [comments]

    Appreciating Dark Souls before the decade is over.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 11:46 AM PST

    This was the decade that we got Dark Souls (yes, I realize Demon Souls came out in 2009), and it has made a pretty remarkable impact on my life. From tattoos I've gotten, to career choices I've made, to how I appreciate games and art--the series has really changed my life for the better.

    Anyone want to share some stories of how Dark Souls has impacted you? Would love to hear :)

    Happy New Year, and may the flames guide thee.

    submitted by /u/Jitsu202
    [link] [comments]

    Am I Fucked? (NG++)

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 04:36 PM PST

    Trying to get the 100% Miracles achievement, Killed Petrus so he couldn't kill Rhea later. Now she and her basement dwellers wanna kill me, evan after I got an absolution from Oswald. If I just dont kill reahs group will they still go to the Tomb? Or am I screwed? (unless one of yall wants to give me the 3 or so I still need). :(

    submitted by /u/reconstructedstarman
    [link] [comments]

    Just completed the game.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 05:00 AM PST

    My first soulsborne game was Bloodborne, which I played in the beginning of this year. I really liked it, and it ended up being one of my favorite games of all time. Since I liked it so much, I decided to buy Dark Souls Remastered. And I loved it. My favorite character was (of course) Solaire, since he was always so full of hope throughout the game. Thanks to FromSoftware for making such a great game.

    Praise the Sun \[T]/

    submitted by /u/UltiDK
    [link] [comments]

    Our first times

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 03:07 PM PST

    So I had just finished beating the game and after I killed Gwyn (for idk, my 10th time?) and kindled the flame and all, and went back to firelink shrine, I leveled up my character and I stopped for a second, I listened to the music playing because I was in firelink and I remembered my first time playing this series, all the struggles, all the experiments I went through, all kinds of different builds, all the final bosses I beat, and I really missed my first time, I just want to know if any of you who have beat the game multiple times feel the same.

    submitted by /u/L3monBoy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment