• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 25, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 10:08 PM PST

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    NOOOOOOO

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 06:49 PM PST

    SPOILERS FOR DARK SOULS: REMASTERED

    It's my first souls game I'm playing and I found Solaire in the Demon Ruins unhappy and thought he was just having a bad day. I was wrong, he showed up later and I had to fight him 😭 pepefuckinghands

    submitted by /u/sofakingbad50
    [link] [comments]

    I drew the Taurus Demon

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 12:29 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/e3ezdfO

    Inb4 plunging attack Check out my ig @terontat_21 if you want

    submitted by /u/Terontat
    [link] [comments]

    PRAISE THE SUN!

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 04:27 AM PST

    Hello there friend. Time to take part in some jolly cooperation! PRAISE THE SUN!

    submitted by /u/matthew_h13
    [link] [comments]

    Faith/claymore is my new favorite way to play this game

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 01:19 AM PST

    Started a new playthrough a few nights ago and...can't explain it. Yes I can. But I don't even feel like I need to...the claymore is just such a badass weapon. Even at 20 str with sunlight blade it hits like a truck! And it doesn't even need the buffed damage to be an excellent sword, it's fast as heck for a greatsword and the moveset is killer. And it's light. I am dancing through this game. My build is a tad level hungry, but at least I am finally experiencing a playthrough where I don't feel like I'm struggling. Ive played this game many times but its always been a bit of a painful experience. Not this time. My loadout looks like this and I haven't even placed the lordvessel yet:

    Armor: Favor set (dopest looking armor in my opinion, literal only reason for this) Right hand: thorolund talisman/claymore Left hand: ivory talisman/grass crest Rings: currently rocking havel's and wolf ring although it varies obviously Spells: lightning spear, wrath of the gods, etc

    Two talismans so I can use my shield while casting offensive and buff with other hand. I am in the warrior of sunlight covenant but I play on 360 and have yet to even engage in co-op once. I've seen players blood stains and ghosts walking around and whatnot but have yet to successfully invade or be summoned. Any tips on this front? Also in need of sunlight medals, is my best bet farming the bugs in demon ruins?

    submitted by /u/GlorygoleGargoyle
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls inspired tattoo I did for a fellow Ashen One

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 02:07 PM PST

    Instagram: Amor_tattoos

    Dark Souls Skull

    submitted by /u/apiechoc
    [link] [comments]

    Story of my life

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 06:50 PM PST

    I went from being a noob, to constantly getting lost, going deep into tomb of giants way too early, getting lost several more times, finally getting to Anor Londo... and now I'm stuck inside a painting...

    submitted by /u/WhiteDemon35
    [link] [comments]

    Lordran's Layout Explained - An in-depth video analysis of how the world of Dark Souls fits together (and sometimes doesn't).

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 03:03 PM PST

    A couple months ago, an old blog post of mine resurfaced and seemed to generate some interest-
    https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/e198dq/distant_views_explained/

    I'd been wanting to revisit that topic in the form of a video, so I basically recreated it and added a bunch of stuff as well. It's a deep dive into the spatial relationship between areas and how accurate the skyboxes and distant views are (or aren't).

    Hope some of you find this interesting!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr0ayFx4tBY

    submitted by /u/illusorywall
    [link] [comments]

    [PC] Dark Souls 2 Vanilla vs Sotfs?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 12:50 AM PST

    Planning to get it on PC since its on sale in Steam.

    For me, the Sotfs looks like DS II with a SweetFX preset on it. I believe I can just do it by myself.

    Not a graphics-guy so other than lighting and graphical tweaks, what are the other improvements?

    submitted by /u/aranorde
    [link] [comments]

    How is Gravelord Nito "the first of the dead" if he's made up of dead people?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 02:10 PM PST

    All right guys. Time for the Plat

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 11:32 PM PST

    So recently I just beat the 4Kings on NG+ after an extremely long time and tonnes of tries. this was enough to inspire me to try and get plat. but expectedly i've run into a few speed bumps. Do I e got a couple questions:

    What are the best places for Dark Moon Invasions?

    Will I lose or keep the sunlight medals, eyes of death and souvinirs of reprisal when going to NG+?

    Do I get a Sunlight Medal if I keep Solair alive till the end of a boss fight?

    Edit 1: also how much of an increased chance do I have of getting items do I get with more item discovery?

    Edit 2: can I get to the Oolacile Sorceress even without the DLC?

    submitted by /u/bent_crater
    [link] [comments]

    Reinforced club is.....

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 10:14 PM PST

    AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

    So I have done so many builds and different style runs in my time with Dark Souls. I am currently doing my first SL1 run and needed a weapon and realized I had never used the reinforced club before... picked it up and upgraded it to lightning +5 and OH MY! This thing hits like a truck!!!! 4 Kings didn't even stand a chance got them on my 1st try! It is slowly becoming my all tile favorite weapon!

    submitted by /u/Worst-House-Frey
    [link] [comments]

    I feel so bad for Quelaag. She is more awesome and relateable than you think.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 09:45 AM PST

    Whats sad is Quelaag is not evil. She was trying to farm souls to keep her sister alive. And then like a dick you killed her and ripped her soul out and now her sister cant never speak to anyone again cause only Quelaag could communicate with her telepathically. Then you kill their brother (ceaseless discharge) who was just trying to be a good bro and guard the corpse of one of their other sisters. Then you go to Izalith and kill another sister who is just trying to protect her mom (the monster she became at least) and then you murder mom who got turned into some sort of bug monster. Leaving only quelanna and the other one who is a tired old lady in the swamps of blight town. You destroyed that family you monster.

    submitted by /u/RatedRPG-YT
    [link] [comments]

    Encountered my first vagrant PLUS a second one back to back

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 10:24 PM PST

    This is my 2nd playthrough on DSR, 6th playthrough if I count PTDE runs. Heard about these things but never saw them. Was in dukes archive when I got hit by what appeared to be a barrage of missiles. Almost took me out immediately but I got it with a WOG. Seemed to have spawned on the left bookshelf from the warpable bonfire.

    Second one was in crystal cave but I didn't get a chance to get near it so I only saw it from a distance (it was on one of the invisible bridges). The golden crystal golem managed to knock me off the edge to my death despite blocking the attack.

    submitted by /u/jasonryu
    [link] [comments]

    Just a quick update on my first full playthrough.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 09:03 PM PST

    No need for help (yet) or hits. Just a quick little update. I finally kicked some gaping ass dragon. (I think I might have phrased that wrong?) Now im headed into blighttown. Went back to the Female* "buy my moss" freak and bought about 15 Blooming Purple Moss Clumps cause I got "Toxified?" And I remember that the Blooming version fixes that. I really feel like I'm slowly but surely getting better at this amazingly frustrating game, and that is in no small part due to this amazing community giving as little help as possible to help push me forward without spoiling this game for me! Thank you to all you amazing redditors.

    And don't you dare go hollow!

    submitted by /u/Wonder_Platypus
    [link] [comments]

    Can you kill Shiva and his body guard without losing the forest hunter covenant until NG+?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 01:50 AM PST

    I know you can absolve your sins if you made them hostile, but can you do the same if you kill them?

    I need their drops but don't want to have to go to NG+ to join the forest hunters again.

    submitted by /u/janiekh
    [link] [comments]

    Gravelord Nito Glitch?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 01:46 AM PST

    So it was my first time fighting Nito after losing my shit in the tomb of the giants, and I was being reckless and rushing him and shit. Unfortunately, I was pinned into the wall. Completely surrounded by skeletons and Nito himself. This happened on the left side of the arena (facing from when you enter) against the middle pillar. Nito did his grab and when the animation ended, I was stuck on the stalactites against the middle pillar. I'm still stuck at this moment and am tryna get my way out lol. Basically I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this. It let me win super easy cuz the only attack I could be hit with was Nito's screech, and I just threw lightning spears at him until I won so.

    submitted by /u/xXRedWaterGothXx
    [link] [comments]

    Patches is a dirty rotten bastard!

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 06:30 AM PST

    Patches is some sort of magical wizard. I ran into him in Tomb of the Giants but I wasn't falling for his shit, I knew he was up to no good so I booted his ass off the cliff...

    But then when I walked to the edge of that ledge the cutscene still happened and he kicked me off!!! Patches is an unholy wizard.

    submitted by /u/UrgotMilk
    [link] [comments]

    Uhmm... what the hell Seath?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 07:23 PM PST

    So I went through Duke's Archives and found Seath. Entered his arena, got bullshit stunlocked to death lost 20k souls, damn. Woke up in a prison got out some asshole started blasting his trash mixtape, ran down to turn it off, got a key to get out, made it back to the first bonfire, then went back to try Seath again. Got stunlocked to death, again. Back to prison, ran right back up to Seath, found a corner where I couldn't get hit, he kept spamming his stunlock move even though he couldn't hit me, made a run for the door, got stunlocked to death again. What am I supposed to do???

    submitted by /u/Anonymous00000399
    [link] [comments]

    Keep getting killed by npc man?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 08:10 PM PST

    Lol my first time playing this game, I attacked this guy at Lordran and now he's on a rampage and won't stop killing me, and I don't think i can beat him either, and running from him is impossible I assume, what do I do?

    submitted by /u/ThatGayBoiWhomstwins
    [link] [comments]

    Remastered PC Artorias Fight Save File?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 08:07 PM PST

    Does anyone happen to have a remastered save file just before the Artorias fight?

    submitted by /u/Coy0teBongwater
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone playing dark souls remastered on the xbox right now?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 03:38 AM PST

    Needing some dark souls homies

    submitted by /u/El_Duderino86
    [link] [comments]

    Coming from Bloodborne, and I can't get gud

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 05:01 PM PST

    Title.

    I'm having a really hard time getting the hang of the rhythm and strategy of this game. Coming from BB, I want to dodge, and then strike furiously, but that doesn't seem to be working. Even when I shed most of my armor - I can move faster, but somehow that's not good enough.

    Also, in BB I could dodge, towards and around enemies. The hitboxes must be different in this game, because it's like rolling into a brick wall. It feels clumsy like I'm a heavy square block trying to dodge around other heavy square blocks.

    Drinking an estus flask is EXTREMELY risky. In BB, I can move while using blood vial, and it's a fairly quick process. In DS, there's a good chance I'll take a hit if I'm not extremely careful about drinking an estus flask.

    Parrying/reposte is atrocious! I can't tell you how many souls I've gotten by just practicing parrying over and over again on the same few enemies. The enemy wind up is really slow, but my parry is extremely fast, so learning when to actually try it is a nightmare.

    I want to love this game, but right now I can only play for a half-hour or so before I rage quit. Do ya'll have any good tips to help me get used to it? or to better know what to expect?

    submitted by /u/WaywardBeanCounter
    [link] [comments]

    There is a way I can know if a Compendium on sale is english or german version? Thanks for repley, because this guy sell new and only with this code in back M02325, still unopen

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 03:24 AM PST

    Funny fact about why I adore Dark Souls

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 12:21 PM PST

    I've heard of the games before because of their so famous difficulty other than that I didn't really know much about the games. One day I came across the video on YouTube "Praise till you're hollow" by The Pruld and from that moment I knew I had to play the game. So, my boyfriend gifted me Dark Souls 2 which started my journey into the FromSoftware games and now I've finished every game made by Miyazaki.

    What got y'all into playing the famous Dark Souls?

    submitted by /u/Kat_Germ
    [link] [comments]

    Somehow, against all odds, I managed to beat Quelagg and ring the bell of awakening within 30 minutes on my first run through Blight Town

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 10:54 PM PST

    So, a thing most people probably won't believe actually happened. Still can't believe it myself, but there are some caveats to the accomplishment. I did have the black knight sword and shield (the sword I've been lucky enough to upgrade to +3,) and the elite knight set upgraded to +3, so dont know if that diminishes the pride I fell but I just wanted to share my joy. I have the link too for proof but don't know how reddit feels about self promotion. Anyway, Praise The Sun fellow chosen!!!

    submitted by /u/chrispiseapi
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment