• Breaking News

    Friday, January 24, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 10:11 PM PST

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Your daily "I completed Dark Souls 2 and my verdict" post

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 03:24 AM PST

    DS2 was my last game in the Souls series - started with 3, then finished the 1st and finally got around to complete the 2nd. Let me first start with the words, that all this talk about DS2 being vastly different (some say even inferior) to other two games is simply not true. Sure, the level design and fight mechanics are different and there are some hidden stats (looking at you Agility), but overall aesthetics, feel and design philosophy are quite similar to the franchise in general.

    My likes:

    - Best story in the franchise, period. I especially liked the DLC ending, where my character conquered hollowing.

    - Best hub in the series. Majula is absolutely gorgeous and while I love the dark and gritty SoulsWorld, then this kind of a serene sanctuary really clicked with me.

    - High number of soul levels and upgrade items attainable with a single playthrough WITHOUT excessive farming. I played a hexer and at the end of the game I had around 10 weapons (mix of magic and melee) FULLY upgraded and I was able to upgrade them naturally by progressing through the game without having to resort to excessive item grind.

    - Best Fashion Souls in the series, period.

    - Longetivity of the game. I am a completionist and by finishing the first game cycle I had 120+ hours into it. Absolutely worth the money/per hour.

    - Level design. Now, this is controversial and I will actually list it as a dislike as well in a different context, but personally I liked the fact, that I had to slowly and carefully progress though game levels pulling gank squads separately and not resorting to mindless rushing through trash mobs. Even Shrine of Amana did not frustrate me too much.

    My dislikes (unfortunately there are couple of big ones):

    - Delays in character actions and fight mechanics. I personally find this absolutely appalling. We have bosses with these weird attack telegraphs, we have trash mobs, who raise an axe as if to strike you and then running with that raised axe for 20 meters before actually swinging (it looks cringy even). We have a huge delay in Estus use (governed by AGI stat) and as if that's not too slow, the Estus fills your life bar slowly too! We have a delay in entering fog gates, where chasing mobs have a 1.5-2 second window to hit and even kill you before you are able to get to the boss. We have Stamina bar, which when sprinting dries up, fills up again, but then there is a 1.5-2 second delay AFTER it has graphically filled before you can sprint again. These design choices are personally absolutely mind-boggling to me. While one can argue that they tried to make boss fights more tactical with slow Estus use as you had to get the timing down for healing windows, but still these design choices don't resonate with me at all.

    - Boss design - Part 1. I found base game boss fights mostly trivial and this comes from an older gamer, whose skills are low-to-medium. Mind - I completed all bosses without NPC or player summons. Now - DLCs were a whole different story. Fights were much more challenging and interesting. Oddly enough - the dreaded Fume Knight was easy to me, but Alonne and Ivory King induced some SoulsRage.

    - Boss design - Part 2. I absolutely detested the fact, that most of the difficulty had to stem from the fact, that you fight multiple enemies at once. DS1 had two gargoyles - oh, let's make a fight, which has 5! Oh, so you fought one Dragonrider, how about you try it with two. You struggled with a big white kitty, well - surprise, surprise m'fucker - we've got TWO of them waiting for you at the end of the most FRUSTRATING area in the entire series. The gank squad in the Cave of the Dead, Elana adds, the gauntlet before Burnt Ivory King. The rat f'ckers, I could go on and on.

    - Boss design - Part 3. There were areas in the game, where the run-up to the boss was absolutely infuriating. Frigid Outskirts (big lol - what the actual f'ck), the run-up to the Blue Smelter, the one before Alonne. I have absolutely no complaints about making a boss hard (this is what this series is all about), but why frustrate players running through trash.

    All-in-all - not a bad experience, some good parts, some bad. That said - I most likely won't start the game again with a new build or proceed to the NG+ cycle. But the game sure ain't half as bad as it has been made out.

    7/10.

    submitted by /u/grumpysnowflake
    [link] [comments]

    Rally For Dark Souls II on the Nintendo Switch

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 12:32 PM PST

    Now Dark Souls I Remastered was an amazing thing that happened, but we need more Dark Souls! Could you imagine playing the content of Dark Souls II on the Switch!? We need another Dark Souls Remastered on the Nintendo Switch! COME ON people spread the word and let's get them to make this happen!!! MAYBE EVEN Dark Souls 3 and Demon's Souls!! All the SOULS GAMES should be on SWITCH. Can you also imagine Demon's Souls REMASTERED!? LETS GET THEM TO MAKE IT HAPPEN! Who here wants it to ACTUALLY happen?

    submitted by /u/DarkSoulPraiseTheSun
    [link] [comments]

    Where the fuck Ornifex went?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 06:42 AM PST

    I started playing Dark Souls 2 recently and I started NG+2, I went to Ornifex and saved her, but when a i went to her house in brightstone cove tseldora she was not there and just disappeared from the room in shaded woods. what should i do? Sorry if my english is bad.

    submitted by /u/Wanxy
    [link] [comments]

    I did it but at what cost?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 10:05 AM PST

    The arena turend me into the very thing i swore to destroy. The hatred towards the R1 spamming havel-jester monster with the sunsword and pate's spear shall not ever be forgotten, the pride into slayng him by biting the controller with your teeth shall always be worshiped, the messagges will always curse the console and my consciousness of what a monster i have become shall hunt me in my every day-dreams.

    The cost of my humanity for 500 victories.

    I will now commit toaster+bath

    submitted by /u/NotAnEducatedPerson
    [link] [comments]

    Is ds2 a good first dark souls?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 06:27 AM PST

    Ive played dsr, abd am currently playing ds3. My friend wants to get into dark souls, and he wants to start now cause its on sale. Ds3 is on sale for 20 with the dlc, and although i think he should start with dsr, it still costs 40$, which is to expensive fore him. Ds2 however is 10 dollars. And im wondering if it would be a better start than ds3.

    submitted by /u/thatpianokid17
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 2 on Nintendo switch

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 05:23 AM PST

    Will there ever be a DS2 on switch?

    submitted by /u/Reignbbb
    [link] [comments]

    What's your favorite early/mid game weapon?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 07:11 AM PST

    I just bought SOTFS for PC after not having played since I beat it originally on ps3 and was looking for some fun weapons to play the game with.

    I've beaten every soulsborne game except bloodborne and I feel like I always gravitate towards similar builds. I'm trying to avoid mage, 2 handed great sword, or shield and spear builds.

    Right now I'm just reacclimating to the fighting style after Sekiro so I'm just running around with the fire longsword getting used to speed and game flow.

    I was thinking twin blades looked pretty cool but open to some suggestions for something pve viable with a fun moveset I can start working my stats toward.

    Thanks for the suggestion!

    submitted by /u/ncline87
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 Boss Tier List

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 06:53 AM PST

    https://tiermaker.com/create/dark-souls-2-bosses-6833

    Cool list where you can rank all of the DS2 bosses, I am curious how the lists will compare

    Here is mine https://i.imgur.com/iRz8jSt.png I ranked mine by how much I enjoy fighting them and how much I like the design.

    submitted by /u/Reapeah
    [link] [comments]

    Message to a lord freely

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 02:58 AM PST

    Thank you for helping me with the first dlc it really helped and I got most of the items I needed. I'm super happy people like you still play this game. Thanks again

    -TotteryWindow91

    submitted by /u/DietyOfDeath
    [link] [comments]

    Covenant farming

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 01:53 PM PST

    I'm trying to get the plat for this game on ps4, I'm in ng++ and I need someone that's willing to let me farm them for Bell keepers. I'm SL 200 and SM 6.6 mil.

    submitted by /u/weaboonep
    [link] [comments]

    Whats the SM meta for invasions/pvp at the Iron Keep bridge?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 01:40 PM PST

    Magic in Dark Souls Universe... explained?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 08:56 AM PST

    Magic Flow Chart for Dark Souls Universe

    Check this out and let me know what you think please!

    submitted by /u/wolfhammer86
    [link] [comments]

    I need advice

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 11:41 AM PST

    I've beaten the wanderer, the first giant,skeleton lords,dragon rider,rat guards and basically I've run out areas.

    I know theres a hell of a lot more bosses anyways anyone got any good online maps and such as well advice on how to get past that god damn dragon

    Current level is 35 with most points in DeX and st

    Complete newbie to dark souls btw

    submitted by /u/Ilovecocknotchickens
    [link] [comments]

    Starting out as a cleric ATT or ADP

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 06:20 AM PST

    Hey guys,

    I just started DS2 as a cleric after playing through DS1 again. So I've read everywhere that cleric seems to be hard at the beginning and I should up agility first.

    So far I've put one point in strength to properly wield the starting mace and maybe 3 points in ADP.

    Now my question: should I level my agility to a decent level by leveling ATT or ADP?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Erebos255
    [link] [comments]

    What does the orange outline on a map mean?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 02:14 AM PST

    When I am at the fast travel menu, some areas have an orange outline on them

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    Controller issues

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 09:33 AM PST

    Started playing (with a ps4 controller) and noticed delays with everything (running, attacking and especially turning). Another problem that I have is the movement. It seems like i can only move in 8 directions, and it isn't as fluid as ds1 or ds3. I this game design, or is it an issue? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/shsmw
    [link] [comments]

    Things Betwixt Pursuer

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 06:15 PM PST

    I struggled with this guy for awhile before I read that well timed parries leave him wide open. Having never parried in the game, I decided to give it a try and this was the result. Held my breath the whole time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNZDVofmPII

    submitted by /u/blazingmullet
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help in Drangleic Castle

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 04:52 AM PST

    So, I'm in the room with the giant sorta leaning over the pot. I cant seem to activate it which is meant to activate the elevator. I've killed the dragon slayers and stuff but I can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/TheSchaumburglar
    [link] [comments]

    Toady I learned that you can cut off Sinh tail

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 05:55 PM PST

    No weapons though

    submitted by /u/EdgeMcEdgeSpiker
    [link] [comments]

    Killing Vendrick... how many Giant Souls?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 06:09 AM PST

    I know the King fight is optional but I want to give it a try.

    I read I'd better have all Giant Souls to bring his defenses down to an acceptable level.

    The thing is i'm not sure I got all of them.

    I have 2 Giant Souls that look identical, one Soul of a Giant for which the icon is different from the 2 others, and I got the dragon one. All 4 i took from memories ( 3 giant memories, 1 dragon memory)

    Is that it?

    submitted by /u/sabrosafb
    [link] [comments]

    Why does Veldstadts armor cause Fume Knight to buff?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 08:02 PM PST

    Hey guys! Hope you're all doing well.

    The god damn fume knight keeps buffing right when I walk in, I told a friend that and he said to stop wearing Veldstadts armor(somehow he knew?)

    Is there lore implications?

    submitted by /u/Slope07
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 2 is great?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 03:11 PM PST

    In the middle of playing DS 1-3 for the first time (in that order), I am, I think, near the end of DS2 main game, and have not yet started the DLC. I came into DS2 with low expectations due to all the hate I've read before starting.

    I really enjoy DS2 and it's certainly for me, more fun than the great DS1. I enjoy the combat more, the various levels etc, just seems to be more of the good stuff. Also the bosses are amazing, despite being as a whole, pretty easy.

    My only complaint is that the game is maybe too long? I've had a great time but I'm ready to move on haha. Almost too much content.

    submitted by /u/squirrelysgaming
    [link] [comments]

    Armorer Dennis

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 09:39 PM PST

    :( why did you have to force me to lance you into a pit. We could've been friends.

    submitted by /u/Darth_Anthill
    [link] [comments]

    Why is there a ship in No Man's Wharf, and not a submarine?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 09:05 PM PST

    So when you're in Heide, you're just a few meters above sea level, as you can obviously see. When proceeding towards the Wharf, you take some stairs down, and then ride an elevator even further down.

    This means No Man's Wharf is an underground cave below sea level. It probably acts like a diving bell, having air trapped underneath, and the entrance from Heide has some invisible magic force field preventing air from escaping that way, so the cave is not flooded.

    With all this in consideration, the only way to access the Wharf from the sea side is from underneath, thus we should see a submarine emerging from the water, instead of a ship.

    How did the ship get in there?

    submitted by /u/dwcfy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment