• Breaking News

    Friday, January 17, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 10:09 PM PST

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My Dark Souls Story & Argument to Play in the Presence of Others

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 03:59 PM PST

    I want to start off by saying that I originally hated the idea of this game. Gaming news outlets really corrupt the general population, and I included, that this game is fuck you hard and you are going to hate yourself. While I do still see this game as challenging, I feel like it is disingenuous and journalistic malpractice to not point out how incredibly rewarding and euphoric to finally conquer a hurdle in this beautiful game. They also do not focus enough on how well crafted the world and lore of this game is. If you look even just a little deeper than the surface level of people reporting on this game, you will find tons of people exploring the lore and praising the world design. Now, on to my personal experience.

    Last year around this time, I was in my college dorm hanging out with a friend, who I'll call Friend 1, who commented how much he liked my Witcher steelbook case. Now, I absolutely love video game steelbooks and pick them up for games I really enjoy. Friend 1 showed me a steelbook that he particularly enjoyed and, what do you know, it was the Dark Souls Trilogy. I looked at it and thought to myself, "Damn, I kinda want that." He started to explain how just last fall he was introduced to the game by two other people in the dorm and how much he loved the games. I could have said that I liked how he described the gameplay and combat to justify buying the game. I could have said that I was mesmerized by how deep the lore sounded. But no, I just really liked the Dark Souls Trilogy steelbook. So, I bought it.

    When it came it, Friend 1 immediately said I should start. My two other friends who introduced Friend 1 to Dark Souls, Friend 2 and 3, were not there that weekend, but they would arrive the next day, so I would get the chance to have them help me soon as well. I started up thinking that Friend 1 would give me lots of help and not let me get confused. I was wrong. Once I got to the Asylum Demon, I died three times to him before I got really frustrated. "What the hell? I'm doing no damage, how am I supposed to do this?" I said to Friend 1. He simply replied, "Well, your sword literally doesn't have a blade, maybe you're not supposed to kill him. Have you looked around the room?" With that, I realized was going to need to be more observant with this game.

    Skip to a few seconds later; I get crushed by a boulder careening down the stairs. Friend 1: "Ha, you just got Dark Souled."

    I get through the asylum and get to the fog door. My friend recommends I read the signs on the ground. Okay, I know I should do the plunging attack I think to myself. I successfully slice the big bastard's health by almost half. Wow, this is going to be easy now! I die 4 more times. Finally, I kill the Asylum Demon with a sliver of health left. I go to the edge of a cliff and a fucking bird carries me off to a far-off land. What the fuck is this game?

    Moving along, I get to the three hollows by the shortcut to the Lower Undead Burg. Proceed to get ganked. What the fuck? Friend 1: "Ha, you just got Dark Souled."

    Get the shit scared out of me by the hollow hiding in the building. Friend 1 points out how the chain looks on the chest for some reason and tells me to remember it? I nope the fuck out of there when I see the Black Knight. I go up the stairs; flaming barrel fucks me up. Friend 1: "Ha, you just got Dark Souled."

    I decide to take a break. The next day, Friends 2 and 3 are there to watch me. They are super excited to see me playing and are asking Friend 1 how I have faired so far and asking me what weapon I want to use. Friend 3, "Let's make him a Giantdad!" Friend 1, "He should use Uchigatana." Friend 2, "You'll make him a dex-user over my dead body!" Friend 3, "He is going to use the Chaos Zweihander like a man!" In the end, I decided to stick with the longsword. I get to the Taurus Demon. Die like 6 times. I finally get pissed and kill the archers for the FIRST TIME before the boss starts (I'm an idiot). While I'm up there, I get an idea. I use the plunging attack to kill the Taurus Demon. Friend 3: "Good, you're learning."I distinctly remember what happened next; I was running to the Undead Parish bonfire because I was out of estus and about to die. My friends took pity on me and were directing me to the correct location. However, there were about three other friends in my room at the time that knew nothing about Dark Souls that were also watching. I'm running past Balder Knights and I start to get hit right outside the church. In my confusion and fear, I run into the church instead of taking the right. I hear a mix of cheering and screaming in my room as everyone is invested in this intense moment. Little did I know that is was the people who knew nothing about DS that were cheering and those that did know the game was screaming NOOOO! Then I came face-to-face with the Berenike Knight. I died. I could keep going on and on about these memorable moments, but I will just skip to some of the highlights:

    • Almost killing the Bell Gargoyles the first time just to fall off the roof.
    • Killing the Moonlight Butterfly and listening to my friends talk about how Friend 2 died to it countless times their first playthrough.
    • Asking what to level up and being told that its okay to put points into dex as long as I "didn't tell anyone I leveled up that shit."
    • Dying countless times to the Capra Demon as the dogs murked me and my friends sharing their own difficulty with it.
    • Laughing with everyone about how the Gaping Dragon looks.
    • Listening to my friends hype me up for Quelaag purely because of how she looks from the waist up.
    • Friend 2 telling me the secret on how to kill the Ceaseless Discharge while Friend's 1 and 3 sat in amazement because they have never seen it before.
    • Being humiliated in "Sen's Funhouse" as my friends laugh hysterically.
    • Opening the mimic chest and being devoured as Friend 1 tells me "you didn't remember the chain thing I told you about."
    • Getting thrown to my death by the Iron Golem when I was full health and about to win.
    • Being mocked when I couldn't kill Havel, just to realize that I equipped a regular longsword instead of my +10 by accident.

    All this time, my friends were sharing with me lore, tips, and their own experiences which sparked debate, insight, and their own fondest memories. Finally, I reach Anor Londo. I marvel at the beauty of the place as I move along (and fall off the rafters several times). I get to Ornstein and Smough, and let me tell you, I struggled. I complained to my friends that I would get knocked by Smough only to die the second I got up from Ornstein."What the hell am I supposed to do when that happens?" I ask in my rage. Friend 1: "Don't get hit the first time." For some reason, those words still resonate with me because of how funny and true they really were.

    After weeks upon weeks of trial and failure, I finally conquer Ornstein and Smough. The feeling was bliss. Amazing Chest Ahead, I read. And it was. My friends congratulated me. "Okay, where to next?" I asked. My friends looked at each other and said, "You don't need us anymore. You got this." At first, I was terrified by the idea of doing the rest of the game by myself.

    But they were right. Experiencing the Sif fight alone was very emotional and personal for me, and I'm glad I was able to do it alone. I was stumped when Seath broke his crystal when I fought him and on subsequent attempts, I couldn't kill him because I wasn't aware that the crystal was supposed to be broke. It was super rewarding when I figured it out. I was able to figure out the rest of the game (with a little help from internet guides on where to go every once in a while). But my friends were still there to ask me about how it was going from time to time. I still texted them all after dying for the who-know-how-may-times to the Bed of Chaos and them all agreeing that it was bullshit.

    Eventually, I beat the game. I won. And throughout all of it, I was thinking about how I was glad my friends were there to guide me at the beginning and didn't let me go hollow and quit. I played Dark Souls 3 all by myself and beat every boss + DLC. I went back and did the DLC for DS1 and challenged myself to a no-shield playthrough because I was no longer a scrub.

    I think that Miyazaki's gameplay elements of interacting with random strangers is amazing, but interacting with close friends was even more special for me. Reading messages of people trying to trick me with hitting the "Illusion ahead" and "Secret ahead" when it was really just a cliff was funny, but it was even funnier when my friends joked with me that they were real. Getting invaded was an intense moment, but it was even more intense when my friends would say "Oh shit, that's a good PvP build. Run!"

    A few weeks ago, I introduced a lifelong friend from high school to Darks Souls, letting him borrow my Trilogy steelbook. And as he was freed from his cell by Oscar, I was sitting right alongside him to help him out. But not too much, it was still funny to see him die to Asylum Demon and get hit by the boulder. Last week, he beat Ornstein and Smough, and man I was so proud. I still might not know everything about Dark Souls, but damn I love this game so much and playing with others made it so much better. If you get the chance, share this game with someone you think will like it. Bring along some other friends that play, get some snacks, and all sit down and prepare for the ride.

    Praise the Sun!

    submitted by /u/Jasper_Ride
    [link] [comments]

    Started getting into dark souls recently and I'm starting on the first one. I am doing pretty good so far but for the life of me I can't figure out why I cant shoot the bow.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 07:56 AM PST

    Anyone got any answers?

    (I figured out what it was guys. I just didnt know to use two buttons. I know it's simple and dumb but thank you guys so much for the help!)

    submitted by /u/StokedMiner
    [link] [comments]

    What is your favourite orange soapstone messeges?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 11:38 PM PST

    There is a corridor like place in the depths before the boss fight, if you turn left there is a narrow passage between two pillars. Written there on the ground it says "Fatty". I thought there was a fat enemy here so i ignore the place until i cleaned out everything. Then i go there expecting a miniboss. And can't go through there because of a invisible wall. Then it hit me. They are calling me fatty. That is one of my favourite messege.

    submitted by /u/ChillySummerMist
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Dark Souls for the first time, got the dark lord ending too

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 11:06 PM PST

    What a fuckin game! So I just beat DSR on the PS4, I have played Dark Souls 1 before (both on the 360 and the PS4) but the furthest I ever got was ringing the second bell. I started this play through on January 1st and just beat Gwyn! I feel really accomplished but sad at the same time bc I can never run through DS1 blind ever again😂 time to beat DS2 and then DS3 for the first time

    Also I got the dark lord ending on accident bc as a first time player I didn't know if you don't talk to kingseeker frampt that other serpent will spawn in the abyss after the Four Kings fight, which I thing that's the "good" ending and kingseeker frampt is the "bad" ending, still don't understand the lore on why frampt is the bad and the other dude is the good so if y'all know please do tell me!

    submitted by /u/THABLOODOFMYENEMIES
    [link] [comments]

    Hello!

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 09:28 PM PST

    Hi everybody! After beating ds3, I knew i needed another souls experience so I began my journey in Dark souls remastered. Wish me luck!

    submitted by /u/toasterhammy
    [link] [comments]

    Any sorcerer tips

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 08:49 PM PST

    So I never finished dark souls I have 2 other flies but I think am going to finished the boss so right now I have 42 int the bellowing dragon Crest ring havel ring I think level 33 6 hours almost on the dot any tips would be great am planning to get to level 62 50 int use the rest for health and Stamina

    submitted by /u/Raze-Cire
    [link] [comments]

    Build ideas for a challenge run.

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 04:08 AM PST

    Hi everybody. I'm looking for ideas concerning the new challenge run I've just started: the slow motion run. Using cheats, my character is now moving at 50% of normal speed. Of course I'm the only one being affected. The slow motion affects everything: running of course, but the heal, stagger, attack animations take twice as long also. Any idea on a good build? I think poise and fast attack are important. What weapon would you recommend?

    submitted by /u/The_Unchosen_Hollow
    [link] [comments]

    Lost

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 03:49 AM PST

    Where do I go after smoug an bro?

    submitted by /u/El_Duderino86
    [link] [comments]

    Just ganked the s**t out of Manus

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 07:16 PM PST

    Three phantoms and Sif. I was spamming soul spears and dark magic.

    *Righteously inhales

    I am a great warrior

    submitted by /u/lowlevelbeast
    [link] [comments]

    Help me decide on a weapon

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 12:57 AM PST

    Rolling a new Cleric to play with a friend and I just cant for the life of me decide on a weapon. Open to basically anything I'm just apparently very indecisive

    submitted by /u/RedditNotRabit
    [link] [comments]

    Delaying Playing DS1 as Much as Possible - The Last One :(

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 05:45 PM PST

    3 years ago, Redditors here encouraged me to play the Soulsborne series after I loved "Lords of the Fallen" on PS4:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/54hrru/is_dark_souls_like_lords_of_the_fallen/

    Since then it's been wild! I played them in the following order one after the other:

    1. Bloodborne
    2. Sekiro
    3. Dark Souls 3
    4. Dark Souls 2

    Now only one remains - the original Dark Souls. And I can't bring myself to start playing it. It's the last one! I've never enjoyed myself as much with video games as with the Soulsborne series + Sekiro. And even though we have NG+, nothing beats finishing the storyline for the first time.

    I'm desperately trying to recapture the magic with games like Witcher 3, Necropolis, Horizon Zero Dawn etc, but NOTHING else has the atmosphere and story telling of the souls games. After experiencing the "find out the story yourself" gameplay, I find cutscenes juvenile. Nothing can beat the cutscenes in my head, like Lawrence succumbing to his beast, and the castle of Drangleic slowly going hollow, Vendrick losing his mind in a crypt, Yhorm the Giant refusing to give up his soul again and sitting on his throne forever, etc etc.

    I know I have to start DS1 sooner or later. But just for now...I want to savor the pleasure of not having played it, just yet!

    submitted by /u/BJPark
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls Dex build Tips

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 11:03 PM PST

    I have just started DSR and I am going for a dex build but I'm not sure what armour to use for mid to end game. Anyone got tips for specific pieces of armour?

    submitted by /u/Generic_21
    [link] [comments]

    Despite having sufficient resources, I can't upgrade my weapon!

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 11:37 PM PST

    What's up with that?

    submitted by /u/Comrade_Chadek
    [link] [comments]

    Laurentius disappeared

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 12:43 AM PST

    I can't find Laurentius anymore in Firelink shrine, can I get him back? Anf if not is there another way for me to find his pyromancies or do I have to start ng+++? Also for the master trophies do I need sorceries, miracles and pyromancies from the dlc?

    submitted by /u/Nolitimeremessorem24
    [link] [comments]

    I just opened the door to Blighttown, the one on Domnhall's side, and as I stare down into the hole I'm genuinely terrified.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 12:24 PM PST

    Any tips before I get my ass kicked? I played the og DS years ago but never finished it, I don't think I need to tell y'all why. I got the Remaster a few days ago and have been doing just fine, until now. I don't think I ever got to Blighttown on my first run, and after seeing how infamous it is within the community, and how unforgiving it is especially for new players, I fear for my well being and my controller. At least I've read that the framerate got fixed for the Remaster.

    submitted by /u/lilasseatinboi
    [link] [comments]

    Hello I seek guidance

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 04:17 AM PST

    Hello i was wondering what u am supposed to do after I kill dark sun Gwendolin, or what ever her name is.
    Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/MobileThatGuyInChat
    [link] [comments]

    So um firekeeper's dead ??

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 12:07 AM PST

    It's my first time playing dark souls, and I actually never noticed the firekeeper in firelink shrine. I arrived at the elevator in New londo and went to firelink shrine, but there are iron bars that just say "dead" and I can't light the fire because the firekeeper is needed for that, did I somehow screw my save or is this normal ?

    submitted by /u/RicLaq
    [link] [comments]

    I was able to use Estus Flasks when I invaded Lautrec. Glitch or feature?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 08:55 PM PST

    Like the title says. I don't know what happened, but I was able to use my Estus and heal during my fight with Lautrec in Anor Londo. Anyone experience this? It happened only the one time. (I died during that attempt, and I couldn't use Estus during my next attempt—which, incidentally, was successful despite being unable to heal.)

    Edit: Playing on the Switch if that's relevant

    submitted by /u/SensualEnema
    [link] [comments]

    Would anyone have suggestions on level 1 op builds

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 11:06 PM PST

    Going somewhat better now.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 04:04 PM PST

    Since my last post I restarted as the Bandit with the Master Key. Got the Elite Knight set. Got the Zweihander like usual and got the Grass Crest Shield. Got to the Undead Parish and accidentally obliterated the Bell Gargoyles from existence. Solair's sign wouldn't spawn and the other guy wasn't in his cell. So I used the soul items I was saving for the Giant Blacksmith to get my Zweihander to +5. Got the Red and Blue Tearstone rings, the Ring of Sacrifice, and Havel's ring (I hate Havel.) Returned to Firelink to find the Fire Keeper dead somehow. Killed the two NPCs in a fit of rage. Upgraded my armor to +3 with the gargoyle souls. Now I don't know where to go next.

    submitted by /u/JackOfAllCrafts
    [link] [comments]

    Where is the NPC that looks like a BB Hunter?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 09:29 PM PST

    I remember seeing him in a video about this game. He says "Does it really matter" I think?

    submitted by /u/Comrade_Chadek
    [link] [comments]

    I just killed Manus first try! Well not actually first try because I cheesed him with arrows years ago but I steeled myself (B- souls player, at best) for a solo melee playthrough. Baby Sif, Great Club and Silver Knight Shield ftw! Had to share it with someone, now for Kalameet...

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 01:56 PM PST

    SIMPLY AMAZING

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 07:15 PM PST

    I just finished the game and wow..., I beat all the DLC bosses and the last boss just now. Those 3 battles I had with Artorias, Kalameet, and Manus were crazy. I like to try soloing bosses, so had like 10 trys on Artorias, 2 trys for Kalameet, 5 trys for Manus, and 3 trys for the last boss. Love the way this game makes you learn all these fights and feels so rewarding! Although I did give in on The Dual boss O&S in Anor Londo and had help after 20 trys or so, so I will need to try to solo in NG+ eventually..

    My build was a Uchi+15 , Grass Crest Shield, as my main weapons, with upgraded Traveler armour, 37 VIT 37END 40 DEX

    I am now about to start DARKSOULS 3, and wondering if someone can help me out with a build in that game? I want to change things up and want to use some kind of magic this time around, but not 100% locked to casting either.

    *Edit add in I died alot and got stuck alot before I found the weapon I loved and getting gud! That being the katana!

    Also I need to play with fast roll, I dont really like slow gameplay with 2handers and fat rolling

    Any Suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks for your time

    submitted by /u/ScarWarda
    [link] [comments]

    And tips for the two boys

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 12:41 AM PST

    So I do 777 with a heavy attack and 597 with light so this post is to stupid can't read this crap any tips the dragon slayer and I can't think of the other one the first time I kill dragon Male female still won't change the title i killed the dragon slayer so me and the other boy we were both one shot we where going in circles dodging his hit I saw a opening I ran in I pressed RB but then he attacked so this was a race of time and was going to win or die trying then I well died trying so my wAs skill sharp my plan was to make my weapon sharper and i made it but my skills were actually dull and my beginnings luck was gone so I have some OP gear but big SUCK any tips

    submitted by /u/Raze-Cire
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment