• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 16, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 Painted over this snap of Heide's Tower of Flame

    Dark Souls 2 Painted over this snap of Heide's Tower of Flame


    Painted over this snap of Heide's Tower of Flame

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 05:09 AM PST

    Chibi Shanalotte!

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 07:09 AM PST

    Something cute :3 art by me

    Chibi Shanalotte

    submitted by /u/l0rdsblade
    [link] [comments]

    I did it!

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 10:31 AM PST

    I beat the game with no deaths on Ng+5! Got the ring

    submitted by /u/DemonicMind12
    [link] [comments]

    94 hours and 37 minutes later...

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 09:36 AM PST

    I finally beat DS2 for the first time! Not a perfect play through, definitely missed a few bosses, died way too much,and didn't go to heavy into crazy weapon or armor upgrages, but it's done! The kings are dead, Nashandra is dead, the scholar is dead, and I re linked the fire. After beating DS1 I wasnt sure how I was going to feel about this one, but i was pleasantly surprised, there are even some aspects I like more(majula is beautiful). I found myself experimenting with armor less and summoning a bit more, but overall I feel like a better dark souls player now. Checking the subreddit for tips and advice definitely helped, and I can't wait to move on next to either bloodborne or DS3!

    submitted by /u/poptartmenace
    [link] [comments]

    The Fume Knight fight

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 03:10 AM PST

    So I'd like to preface this that I'm a greatshield turtling kinda guy. I like strafing bosses. But that ofc doesn't work with this boss, so I had to unequip my dear greatshield and roll.

    I died over 20 times easily (bosses until now have been a cakewalk, except the Cavetous Demon who pancaked me like 3 times haha).

    But this fight is fucking amazing. It's like a dance. He goes left I go right, he jumps in I jump forward etc.

    Not once in my 20+ deaths did I feel like this boss is bullshit (like how I felt with the Blue Smelter Demon) and besides a few wonky hitboxes it was all my fault.

    I never felt this rush of adrenaline after a boss fight before (finished DS1 just recently as well). Really cool boss, best one in the series so far for me.

    submitted by /u/jujubean67
    [link] [comments]

    After getting to Aldia's Keep I just now learned what fat rolling is

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 10:07 PM PST

    I started with Dark Souls 3, then played Bloodbourne, then Dark Souls Remastered, then Sekiro, so now SOTFS is left. I just got to Aldia's Keep and was messing around in there and decided it was time to go to bed. I wasn't super sleepy so I turned on a random Dark Souls 2 Youtube video and the guy seemed like he was rolling really fast. I had to turn on my game and test to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Turns out, I had over 70% equip load and a quick Google showed that causes fat rolling.

    I honestly just thought Dark Souls 2 had slower stam regen and worse rolling because people talk about how it's slower than the other games so I figured that's just how it was. I feel really dumb. I don't use a shield either so it hurts even more (except for parrying). Luckily I did know what Agility was before I started playing.

    I was thinking that this game was really hard compared to the other ones, I guess now I know why! I wonder if I was ever fat rolling in any of the other games. Honestly, building in this game is pretty hard I feel like. I really need to read up more on how to build a character. The only thing I know how to do is reinforce a weapon with Titanite.

    So yeah, laugh at the baddie.

    submitted by /u/00Leif
    [link] [comments]

    My proudest life achievement

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 12:27 PM PST

    After 88 hours of pure joy I can say I've finally got platinum.

    edit: fuck sunlight medas

    submitted by /u/PikaLeche
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone trading a broken straight sword (xbox one)

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 11:27 AM PST

    Im looking to complete my duel wield broken straight sword build, but alas im one sword short. Can anyone spare me the extra trouble my gamer tag is Male Soggy, sl 1,800,000

    submitted by /u/AlbinoB0I
    [link] [comments]

    Stats for something similar to giant dad?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 10:08 AM PST

    Thought I would decide to spread giant dad from ds1 to ds2. But I can't think of the stats for him in ds2. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/FreedCub5
    [link] [comments]

    If i bonfire aesthetic an area, then beat the game, does it turn that area into ng++ and above? Or just resets it? I used them to reset skeleton lords and the scorpion lady, so i can get those op rings. I'm using most of the awesome 10 step step guide

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 07:48 AM PST

    I'm using it until i can find the havel's set someone recommended for the tank build

    submitted by /u/kiasilverstar5653
    [link] [comments]

    So when does this game becomes "bad"?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 12:30 PM PST

    I've played only DS1 (finished it like 2 weeks ago) and always heard how bad and terrible this game was so I started it with low expectations. I'm 3 hours in and really enjoying it so far, I'm at the forest of fallen giants, when you go down some ladders at the second bonfire, and theres a room with fire and stuff. When does this game become "bad" by popular opinion?

    edit: also why is it been so long without the first boss

    submitted by /u/MoroSenpai
    [link] [comments]

    Just started. Heavy input lag? DS2 SotFS

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 11:39 AM PST

    Hey all,

    Just started DS2 on PC. Using a PS4 DS4 controller, which I used perfectly fine on DS1. Just started and it feels like there's a heavy input lag. Is the game "supposed" to feel like this, or is it a bad port? I saw a YouTube video talking about adjusting the controller settings through a program, but this just feels like a noticeable delay. I didn't see a setting for VSYNC etc, but that's what it feels like.

    submitted by /u/squirrelysgaming
    [link] [comments]

    The Skelebones

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 11:14 AM PST

    They don't do that crazy twirly attack in this one, do they?

    submitted by /u/saggysandwich
    [link] [comments]

    Not really sure if it’s a dumb question just don’t feel like doing the research would appreciate the help

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 11:10 AM PST

    So I've been playing the vanilla dark souls 2 on my ps3 for awhile and I've been thinking about trading the game in to get Scholar of the First Sin, will my save data transfer over? I have a few high level characters I'd hate to not use anymore

    submitted by /u/mrstinkypoopooman
    [link] [comments]

    Some Thoughts on Fighting Multiple Target Bosses. With a low quality video demonstration!

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 10:35 AM PST

    This is a video of me fighting the Squalid Queen from the Sunken Abyss DLC.

    I used to consider Dark Souls 2 the worst in the series, but after discussing it with a friend, I decided to give the game another shot with some rules. Don't summon for help, and I don't bait enemies. Instead of luring them out with a bow in a very repetitive and boring cycle of waiting for them to leash and then luring them back to that point, I rush in and try to take them all on by dropping the lock on and weaving through their attacks. I still think that life gems break the game's central premise by essentially giving you unlimited healing between fights, but they also allow these hectic battles to take place. You can play a lot less cautiously and still succeed, and this is definitely the way I think the game was intended to be played.

    I have found the game much more enjoyable by playing this way and I think this boss video demonstrates the concept very well. This was my second time fighting her as I never fought her when I first played years ago. I did not expect her to summon Velstadt! I don't handle it well at first, but at some point I drop the lock on and I am able to keep an eye on both of them. I had such a great time with this fight, but it is unfortunate that so few bosses really do this effectively. They twin Dragon Rider's are essentially the same thing, but they leave a lot to be desired. It's interesting to consider that DS3 has several similar encounters, the Demon Princes and Sister Friede, and even the Lothric Princes are essentially the same concept.

    Basically have one melee enemy and one ranged one, and then have some other mechanic to make the fight interesting. For the Squalid Queen, she summons either skeletons or Velstadt with each present different problems. And she will also sometimes teleport in to do a melee strike of her own. In the Demon Prince fight, they switch places periodically. They compensate for the increased size of them by obviously telegraphing the ranged prince's shots with predictive trails so you don't actually have to look at both of them all of the time. The Lothric Princes are interesting because they are strapped together. Sometimes the younger prince will create projectiles which shoot from all directions while the older prince teleports in to take advantage of the situation and the younger prince will sometimes follow up the older ones attacks from the first phase. (I may be mixing up their ages)

    These are some of the most memorable fights in the series for me and I hope we see further development on these concepts in future From Soft titles. They have come a long way from Ornstein and Smough, which I do not think is a good fight because their movements don't compliment each other like those mentioned above. It's just waiting for an opening and is a test of patients more than anything else.

    TLDR: I like the way that the series has developed its fights against multiple opponents and I hope that it continues in the future.

    submitted by /u/Jeffery2084
    [link] [comments]

    TIL Getting the message "Cannot use bonfire", still changes what bonfire you respawn from

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 06:25 AM PST

    Started from Exile Holding Cells, got stunlocked by the dogs since I didn't have a shield. Decided to just get as close to McDuff's bonfire as possible and then pick up the souls after teleporting from the first to the second bonfire. Lucked out (sort of) by getting all the way to the bonfire at McDuff's, decided to rest thinking I had outrun the dogs, got the message "Cannot use bonfire". Died to the dogs, leaving my souls right next to the bonfire. I assumed I'd respawn at Exile Holding Cells, but instead I respawned at McDuff's Workshop, despite not being able to use the bonfire.

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_FOR_SOURCE
    [link] [comments]

    Best PvE poison weapons

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 09:47 AM PST

    A simple answer is all I require

    submitted by /u/Punyr
    [link] [comments]

    What weapons are the best for a pvp mage build

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 09:36 AM PST

    pls help

    submitted by /u/Stefaniak02
    [link] [comments]

    Toxic Mist and Pyromancy Flame

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 09:34 AM PST

    Does the upgrade level of the Flame affects the buildup or damage of Toxic Mist in any way?

    submitted by /u/Xx_Khepri_xX
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know any fun invading builds?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 08:16 AM PST

    Specifically like hybrid of stuff (like pyro/strength). I wanna make a build but I don't want to make it boring and use a Rapier or estoc.

    submitted by /u/Pastagetti
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to get all giant souls everything literally one shot me in the dream, can’t even summon phantom to help

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 08:12 AM PST

    Seriously , ds2 IS the hardest game of all time (in terms of map design)... I've beaten DSR multiple times , DS3 way over 20 times , bloodborne 100+ times (yeah bloodborne my is most favorite, I know) and sekiro about 10 times without the charm and with the demon ... and this game is a bitch ... maybe it's something about my patienc that I don't have because other games you need patience , but not this much patiences , NOT THIS MUCH PATIENCE GOD DAMN IT ... I seriously wanna cry , I wanna beat the game but at the same time I have headache I had to shut my ps4 off right away

    submitted by /u/TFSMHERO
    [link] [comments]

    souls

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 11:54 PM PST

    do you get souls from invading and winning a fight like ive seen in ds1 or not

    submitted by /u/wisemanhere
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment