• Breaking News

    Friday, January 17, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 10:10 PM PST

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Damn. Magic resistance in the dlcs is disgusting. I jist respecced my havel type character into magic since i bought all the spells and even with 99 int a s scaling wand and high tier spells im not doing the damage i thought i would be.

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 05:01 AM PST

    Am i missing something? Otherwise im going back to havel.

    submitted by /u/hafsies
    [link] [comments]

    Blue Smelter Demon run is AWFUL.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 04:15 PM PST

    It's almost impossible to run through, the sorcerers harass you constantly, the possessed armors snipe you with great arrows, the warriors take up so much damn space they block your way around. Until things start to despawn, there isn't any fast route through- unless you get lucky with the gates with the statues that shoot fire at you. And then at the bottom is a headless giant armor waiting to crush you with the goddamn awful hitbox.

    I haven't even managed to get TO the boss without using several Estus, and if I try to run past the headless armor (which has yet to work) I wind up having to heal just through the fog gate and hoping that Blue Sweaty Dick doesn't run up on me immediately.

    I'd be fine with him being a bastard to beat, but getting slapped down within five seconds after taking so damn long just getting there is infuriating.

    It's better than the New Londo Ruins run to Four Kings for sure, but that's such a low bar to beat and it ain't doing do by much.

    I just want to be able to throw myself against a bullshit boss without having to deal with a whole mess of bullshit to get there. Is that really so much to ask?

    EDIT: I really appreciate all the advice (and commiseration) here. Yesterday was my first time in the Iron Passage and I'm gonna be away from the game til Tuesday or Wednesday, but I'm looking forward to it a bit more now and figure I can do a despawn farm while I catch up on YT vids.

    submitted by /u/murphmanfa
    [link] [comments]

    DS2:SOTFS on sale in the PS store: $9.99

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 01:33 PM PST

    Grab it now if you have a ps4 and havent played it yet! Normal price is $40

    submitted by /u/camchapel
    [link] [comments]

    Armor

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 01:18 PM PST

    So I like fashion souls, but I also enjoy not being dead all time. Is there a big difference between playing with good armor or going full fashion souls?

    submitted by /u/J0suk3
    [link] [comments]

    I love DS2 late game areas and DLC compared to any other Souls game, anyone else?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 10:37 AM PST

    As much as I loved Dark Souls 1 and its world and working my way to Anor Londo for the 1st time, I sort of got a similar feeling out of Dark Souls 2 in the later parts of the game. Entering the Dragon Aerie/Dragon Shrine for the 1st time is a truly awesome experience (visually speaking). I really disliked the early/middle of DS2 for the most part, found it rather bland looking at times, but the late game is just excellent to me and greatly makes up for it all.

    As for the DLC, the bosses are just great. Probably my favourite fights in any Souls' game. Sir Alonne, Fume Knight, Slumbering Dragon.. all just awesome fights that really fit in well with Dark Souls 2 combat system and really make it worth playing through the game.

    All though I may never fully forgive DS2 for its mostly forgettable early games bosses, odd world design (at times) and overall art direction, I still think it could be close to my favourite Souls game. It grew on me a lot, especially in my 2nd playthrough. I will still always adore DS1 and even Demons' Souls from a story perspective and the lore, but I really am starting to think DS2 will be one day more appreciated as time goes on.

    submitted by /u/Tjinsu
    [link] [comments]

    Should I use this lever?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 04:00 AM PST

    there's this lever and several messages telling me not to go down, and across the room is a guy stuck behind a foggy wall. Should I lower the lever?

    submitted by /u/Zacharie_L_Davies
    [link] [comments]

    I'm terrible at this title of the series but I really like it so I want to finish it which means that I need help with it since I'm way too bad at it to beat it on my own I would really appreciate help. Plattform: PS4

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 02:27 PM PST

    Heide knight sword trade

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 07:04 AM PST

    I've been farming for an hour. It won't drop! Please i need it i'm lvl 83 with soul memory 396k on steam pc.

    Please help!

    submitted by /u/joeabs1995
    [link] [comments]

    What's Better Than DS2?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 12:39 PM PST

    [Spoilers] Question

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 07:05 PM PST

    [Spoilers] I have killed all of the primal bosses and that blob of shit told me to find vendrick. Herald says go to the castle (which I know that's his home) but there have been a lot of gold doors along the way.

    1.) Is that after him?
    2.) Are they all separate areas or they link?

    When that blob showed up I literally panicked to not lose my souls... Rip 53k. Thought I was going to another dimension. I love this game

    submitted by /u/FerociousTuna22
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Crypt Blacksword a good weapon for a non hex build? Purely for melee damage

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 11:40 AM PST

    I was always interested in it tho I never got to use it. I finally want to get it tho I don't know if it's worth it

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    Something that's been bugging me for quite a while

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 05:09 AM PST

    So, my character is still on ng, I have beat the main game but haven't moved on to ng+(currently doing the dlcs and grinding souls so I can attempt a challenge run at ng+). Yet, when I am summoned by another player to co op their game cycle is definitely ng+ and maybe even above. How is this possible? Does soul memory have anything to do with it?

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    Skeleton Lords

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 07:49 PM PST

    holy shit that was intense. the boss is easy right? so i thought using an ascetic to get the ring would also be easy.. fighting a horde of skeletons that almost one shotted me was something im not doing again

    submitted by /u/lilsleepy616
    [link] [comments]

    Good Hex weapons?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 04:57 AM PST

    So im gonna play through dark souls 2 as a hexer but id like to know some good Hex weapons

    submitted by /u/Jevilson
    [link] [comments]

    Help a noob figure out what build to go for

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 09:09 PM PST

    Hello, I'm 9 hours in the game and don't know what build to use. I played ds1 and just blindly leveled up what ppl normally do, str/vit/end, and really ignored most stuff.

    I don't want that to happen again, so I want to get familiar with the builds and stats and whats the best to level up and for what reasons etc. If anyone has any basic guide to get into it it would be greatly appreciated.

    At the moment I've been leveling up adaptability, endurance, vigor, strength and dexterity so I can try out most weapons and kinda choose whatever i want but i dont know if this is good or if there are better alternatives

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/MoroAstray
    [link] [comments]

    Way better than dark souls 3.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 03:57 PM PST

    Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 are way better than 3.

    Why does the game feel wrong

    submitted by /u/godlykyle
    [link] [comments]

    Why do people think the Alonne run is horrible?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 06:43 PM PST

    I found it pretty OK considering some Dark Souls 1 runs like Tarus Demon and such. You just have to stick to the left for the entire run (don't go in holes though), dodge the attacks when the knights are rearing up, wait a bit for the lizard to blow his fireball and dodge the fireballs. If you get hit, use estus when you drop down and/or enter alonne's boss room. You also need a good amount of poise.

    The only problem I have is with the room directly before alonne, I haven't got a 100% way to dodge the arrows from the bow knights while also dodging swords.

    Usually I only have to use 1 estus when entering the arena, giving me 11 left. Which usually don't get used cause either I die or he dies before then.

    submitted by /u/Myoldaccwashacced
    [link] [comments]

    What are the differences between sotfs and vanilla ps3?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 06:34 PM PST

    I play a lot of vanilla ps3. I used to own a ps4 and played SOTFS on that, but have been told it's different on ps3. What are the main changes?

    submitted by /u/VictoriaRavenseer
    [link] [comments]

    Where to go for some early game level grinding?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 09:58 PM PST

    First time playing DS2, so far I've beaten the last giant, pursuer, ruin sentinels, dragon rider, old dragonslayer, and the flexile sentry.

    I've now made it to Sinners Rise and I'm getting my ass kicked by the deformed guys in the flooded area below the tower, so I feel like I'm pretty under leveled for the area. Are there any other areas/bosses I've missed that I should do before continuing through Sinners? And if not, what are some good areas to grind for souls in so I can level up? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/doc_noc
    [link] [comments]

    My first playthrough i used the rapier and the club. Now any other weapon combo just doesnt do as well it seems. Did i accidentally choose the best weapons my first time?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 12:22 AM PST

    Ive upgraded the punisher sword and for most enemies it feels great. Against bosses though i just cant beat the rapier and club

    submitted by /u/hafsies
    [link] [comments]

    I used the giant souls, what do?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 07:18 PM PST

    I must be hollow, for I thought the great souls from bosses were needed to lower Vendrick's defense.

    And I used all of my Giant's souls.

    Please help, I want to beat him without grinding him like crazy. Is there a way to get other giant souls?

    submitted by /u/DoggyDogsAreCool
    [link] [comments]

    Is ranged DPS as strong in DS2 as it is in other games?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 05:02 PM PST

    In Darksouls 1 and 3 pyro is kind of an easy mode. (In Nioh, the Kunai is a boss melter).

    I was wondering if that is also the case with DS2. Ranged attacks that deal massive damage. Can it carry a player throughout the game?

    submitted by /u/Yelebear
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment