• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 8, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 10:09 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I have 6000 hours in this game and just found out you can mount the salamanders in FofG with a plunge attack...

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 02:01 AM PST

    I've been playing this game wrong for years

    submitted by /u/Snark_No_Malark
    [link] [comments]

    Theory: The Ringed City DLC is how Dark Souls 2 was originally intended to end

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 01:05 PM PST

    I've been listening to Dark Souls 2 lore videos lately and I came upon a podcast by Sinclaire Lore and in a podcast they really highlighted that part of the original Dark Souls 2 plot later was used in Ringed City.

    In short, the story went like that: Vendrick was looking for a cure from the Undead Curse, he found out that deep under the Drangleic Castle lived a race of Immortals, beings that don't die, but aren't Undead. He wanted to reach that race so he asked the Gyrms to dig to them, and basically the Gutter area was supposed to be Gyrms base under the Drangleic Castle, where they dig the way to the Immortal. The Immortal themselves were supposed to be afraid of the sun, and had their castle in a cave that was half sunk. So that Gutter area led to that cave, that was called The Dreg Heap Cave, and it was a place where a lot of souls lived so you were supposed to go through a sunk cave fighting souls, probably humanities, and in the end that cave led to the Castle where the Immortal lived. That's all that is known about the plot, no information about who these immortals were and how the story was supposed to end. Other than that, when the plot was scrapped, the Dreg Heap and the Immortal Castle were repurposed as... Shrine of Amana and the Undead Crypt.

    Now the fact that Shrine of Amana was supposed to be called The Dreg Heap Cave and was supposed to have soul enemies similar to what we have in the final Dreg Heap is peculiar on itself. But thinking about it I found other parallels between these locations: the murkmen in the Dreg Heap also act quite the same as the water hollows in the Shrine, and the homing missiles of the Priestesses were probably supposed to present the same challenge as the soul enemies; the Undead Crypt and the Ringed City also featured the "ghost" type of enemies that were triggered by an external force, in ds2 the grave guards appeared when you hit the bell, in ds3 judicators summoned ghost warriors.

    All of that led me to the idea, that maybe the Immortal Castle was supposed to be exactly what The Ringed City was - the land of the pigmy lords. Maybe that's exactly the same pattern Vendrick was supposed to face: he had searched for the place that was supposed to have a cure for the curse, going through the Dreg Heap Cave that was literally the Abyss but now flooded, and reaching the race of Immortals he finds out they are just the pigmy lords, the progenitors of humanity who live in total darkness because the Abyss is their comfort zone. They do not go hollow because they were hollow in the first place, and their strength is granted by the Dark. Then it would probably lead to a similar scenario to Gael's with either Vendrick or Aldia going on a killing spree against the pigmies trying to obtain the Dark Soul, or it could be a good moment for Nashandra to show her colors and do something sinister. Anyway, that would be s pretty good foundation for all the dialogue that we had with Vendrick, Aldia and Agdayne about how humans are of the Dark and were supposed to be hollow in the first place. Because the nature of humanity is probably DS2's biggest lore contribution, and also the base for the Usurpation ending in DS3, but in DS2 it was pretty much unexplained. Throughout the whole game you are shown how people suffer from going hollow later just for Aldia/Vendrick to say "you know, you actually weren't supposed to make civilizations in the first place", although poetic, it was pretty hard to interpret without DS3. And if DS3 gave us bits that were cut from DS3, than it's pretty cool to know that we were originally meant to meet our pigmy haven a game earlier.

    submitted by /u/chromeflex
    [link] [comments]

    An invaders paradise

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 11:59 AM PST

    Dark souls 2 Is an absolute invaders paradise

    submitted by /u/McSmelt
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished SOTFS (spoilers)

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 10:12 PM PST

    Man, the whole sequence of killing Vendrick, taking his crown, getting his blessing, then getting revenge for him was amazing. Awesome lore in this game, I felt like such a badass walking into Nashandras boss room wearing the crown and armor taking her on. Aldia fight was stupid but other than that the ending was awesome.

    submitted by /u/jakrictel
    [link] [comments]

    2nd update on my DS2 experience coming from DS1&3.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 10:51 AM PST

    Hello all,

    I was here a few weeks ago to give you my initial thoughts on DS2, and now I've got a little more time in the game so here we go in no particular order!

    -got my bastard sword to +10 (I love this weapon in the other games too, despite it's not so good reach)

    -huntsmans copse was an interesting level, I enjoyed the "night time" style level and I met creighton!

    -I made it to iron keep last night and defeated the smelter demon after about 4 tries. He was different than the other bosses so far, and I enjoyed the challenge he offers! The enemies here are tough in packs, and the aggro range is something silly, but I love lava levels in games so I can't help but enjoy it. Oh and ZWEIHANDER! One of my other favorites:)

    -I haven't got invaded much, but that's probably due to my noob understanding on SM and all that. I have had a few though, and all of them ended up with me dying because I'm trying to play like DS3 PvP. Still fun though!

    -earthen peak was neat, I knew it wouldn't be too long before I found a poison swamp. The Mytha fight was difficult the first few times I fought her, because I didn't know to set the windmill on fire. I decided to take a break from fighting her because there had to have been something I missed. I searched around for a switch or something for an hour or so, then sure enough, I killed the grave warden and then saw "set light" so I did! I didn't know this helped me with the boss fight til later on when I went to try again and no more poison!

    -I'm starting to get more npc's in Majula, so it's starting to liven up a little bit!

    -joined the company of champions covenant, and that's been a nice challenge.

    -I think that's about it for now, haven't played as much as I wanted to but you know how that is. I want to give powerstancing a try since this game will allow that.

    submitted by /u/CGreene96
    [link] [comments]

    Coming back to Drangleic

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 04:47 PM PST

    It's been a very long time sense I have made the endeavor through these miserable lands. Any cool builds or fun play styles I should know about?

    submitted by /u/ShakyHandsGang
    [link] [comments]

    What’s wrong with DS2?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 05:34 AM PST

    Every so often (okay, really often) on DS subs, I see people complain about this game. Generally, they cite ADP, Soul Memory, level design, and "other things" as the faults of this game. Can anyone elaborate on the other things that people don't like?

    submitted by /u/HardNormalDaddy97
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 has the best boss fights

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 06:51 AM PST

    My first souls-like games were Bloodborne and DS3 and while I liked them very much, I hated most of their boss fights. The bosses in these two games are too fast, with a lot of teleporting and/or ranged attacks, which does not suit me well. I simply could not learn their moves as all battles ended way too quickly to be an usable learning experience. Therefore, I have summoned as much help as I can for each boss fight, and just tried to get through them as fast as possible.

    I just assumed that I hate boss fights in general, and that I will hate them in any game.

    I recently purchased DS1 and DS2, and expected my boss experience to be as equally miserable as in DS3 and BB. Boy, was I wrong :). The boss fights in DS1 and 2 are significantly slower, with more opportunities to heal and observe their moves. I actually loved those fights, especially in DS2, and soloed all the bosses :)

    Now I am sad that I did not have such good experience with DS3 and BB :(

    submitted by /u/bluemax23
    [link] [comments]

    Crystal men are bloody hard

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 03:29 PM PST

    Hi guys, I'm on my first playthrough and finished the main game, I'm now in Eleum Loyce and these goddamn crystal men don't take no thick damage y'know? I'm running an INT/FTH build and am using the hexer outfit, archdrake staff +10, archdrake hammer +10/magic mace +10, a shield and an idols chime yet I can't seem to even do more than 100dmg with my great heavy soul arrows, hexes suck as well, pyromancies too (dark pyromancy flame +6)

    submitted by /u/MushiMoshi
    [link] [comments]

    An apology to yet another tragic character who I have wronged

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 07:29 AM PST

    I've been playing Dark Souls 2 for about a week now and while I'm having a little trouble adjusting to the combat after Bloodborne's quick and agile style, it's been a pretty good time so far.

    HOWEVER, I was in one area and found a giant scorpion man and obviously that's an enemy who's guarding something important, so I killed him in the most cowardly way possible. I felt a little bad about it, but he dropped the Second Dragon's Ring (implying a First and possibly Third, maybe even Fourth), which seemed plot-relevant. So okay, continuing on.

    I get a little lost so I check the wiki for a map or some guidance and discover, to my growing dismay, that the scorpion dude? He's an NPC who you can talk to any time, and communicate with more clearly with a certain ring equipped, AND HE HAS A TRAGIC BACKSTORY AND WILL HELP IN THE AREA'S BOSS BATTLE AND THEN GIVE YOU THE RING AFTERWARDS

    MANSCORPION TARK I AM SO, SO SORRY

    submitted by /u/murphmanfa
    [link] [comments]

    Will I get banned?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 02:47 PM PST

    So I summoned someone to trade (PS4) and they instead dropped me 99 of every consumable in the game as well as most weapons in the game fully upgraded/infused

    Is this bad? I never heard of hackers on console

    submitted by /u/jakrictel
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 2 sotfs servers?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 02:28 PM PST

    Hey,

    I'm playing on ps4 and recently the servers (or something else) have been weird, at least for me. It just disconnected me for the 2nd time and the sound started getting choppy. When checking the app on ps4, it says "check back soon", where one would look at achievements and stuff.

    Am I the only one experiencing this?

    submitted by /u/Beargoomy15
    [link] [comments]

    What armor and weapons are in all 3 games?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 02:43 AM PST

    I'm planning to around three of all the games again. I was thinking of making the same character throughout all them so I can really tell the differences between the three. So I was kind of wondering what armor and weapons are in all three games.

    submitted by /u/Lord_In_A_Box
    [link] [comments]

    Some help required please

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 10:19 AM PST

    So I started a new playthrough and my goal is to cosplay as havel. I am 10 strength away from 50,currently putting some points into Addaptability and Vitality

    My question is, how much vitality I may need to fast roll with full havel set, dragon tooth and havel's greatshield? I don't plan to carry anything else, in terms of weapons, on me

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    need help, poor hollow

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 10:09 AM PST

    so my friend is 500k soul away from able to summoning me, can anyone give me souls?

    submitted by /u/waifu_beaterr
    [link] [comments]

    Coffee Mug of a Lost Soul

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 09:53 AM PST

    So, I figured this community might enjoy this. I wanted to have a dark souls themed mug for a while and finally settled on DS2 for inspiration. It's simple, but it's a fun moment when someone looks at it for a minute in confusion, finally gets the reference, and there's that "OH, you play souls too!" interaction.

    Link to pictures: https://m.imgur.com/gallery/xZnvjUR

    submitted by /u/LordBl1zzard
    [link] [comments]

    Best weapon for a fist playthrough.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 09:31 AM PST

    I'm thinking about doing a fist only run of the game. I wanted to know if there is a good fisy weapon I can use?

    I am new to Ds2. But I'm beating all the others.

    submitted by /u/SpaidzxMane
    [link] [comments]

    SOTFS, controllers don't seem to work?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 12:23 AM PST

    So I've run all sorts of tests and Googled my little heart out but haven't been able to get a controller to work. Trying it with PS4, Xbox 360, and Switch controllers, I could navigate the Big Picture Mode menu and play other games just fine but the moment I switched to DS2 it just stopped recognizing any sort of inputs (or sometimes would only recognize the DS4 touchpad). I tried a myriad of other things like DS4Windows, Input Mapper, etc. but none of those worked either. I've made sure to clear out old controller drivers, tried uninstalling and reinstalling controller drivers I currently use, made sure no programs or other devices were interfering, attempted wired and wireless connections, you name it.

    I'm thinking I'll just relinquish and use MKB, but has anyone run into a similar problem and managed to find a solution?

    submitted by /u/Shradow
    [link] [comments]

    What now....?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 07:16 AM PST

    I'm seriously stuck. I'm playing sofs as my first ds2 experience, have defeated the four big souls but was unable to collect the orb after the big spider. Ive been back to that location and it has grown into some crystal thing that i cannot seem to successfully interact with. I dont think i can progress now without some advice. Any help appreciated.

    submitted by /u/tegran7
    [link] [comments]

    HTOF sewage

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 06:28 AM PST

    There's a weird door in the room where you have to unpetrify a hollow, how do i open it?

    submitted by /u/BOSTASH
    [link] [comments]

    Did they lower the power of the hex staff ?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 05:43 AM PST

    I remember the hex set being stronger why is it so weak now

    submitted by /u/I_sayWhatIthink
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Blue Sentinels Covenant still alive?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 08:39 PM PST

    I want to get Wrath of the Gods but I can't seem to invade anyone in any area using the Blue orbs. Can't get matched with anyone in the Cathedral of Blue either. I currently have 7.7m SM, NG.

    submitted by /u/TheOneAboveGod
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else find the Great sword and Great axe a lil slow and clunky for their taste?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 07:02 PM PST

    I find these high damage weapons to be too slow to use when fighting enemies. It leaves me too open and and doing overhead attacks usually results in me getting killed.

    Instead, I have been using a Dragonslayers Crescent which is quick enough and does a decent amount of damage.

    submitted by /u/NotARavenclaw
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment