• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 8, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 10:08 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on O&S solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Couch co-op on the Switch (Dark Souls Challenge using the switch controllers)

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 09:15 PM PST

    My friend lives about two hours away and we both love Dark Souls. He travels up from time to time and we used to chill on the couch and would trade-off on deaths. Then we had the thought... There's two Switch controllers. One for each of us. It was like reaching the final stage of Buddhist enlightenment.

    I use the left controller: I move, use the shield, parry, and swap spells and equipment.

    He uses the right controller: he attacks and steers the camera, uses estus, rolls, and just about everything else.

    With this system, we've had to develop strategies to unite our thinking during boss fights and in bad situations. Such as, if one person calls a dodge, parry, block, estus, or anything else mapped to the opposite controller, the other person MUST comply, even if it means death. There can be no squabbling between us.

    At first it was all ten times as difficult, but as the two of us settled into our respective roles, our timing improved, our teamwork grew, and we both developed pretty deep insight into the other's Dark Souls psyche. By the time we'd beaten O&S, we were basically of single mind, no different from our solo characters.

    I'm convinced that this is actually the most fun way to play Dark Souls, and it makes me hopeful that one day DS2 or Demon Souls will be ported as well.

    I doubt we're the first to try this, but I thought I'd post here and tell everybody what a great time we'd had.

    submitted by /u/In_Vitro_Thoughts
    [link] [comments]

    About a week ago, I beat the game without taking a single hit.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 09:36 AM PST

    It took over 3 months of practise and resetting runs but it finally happened. I've looked up to THe Happy Hob for a long while and being able to do what he did a few years ago was such an incredible feeling.

    I never thought I could do it, hell I never thought it was possible before I saw it. It's a great feeling, pushing yourself towards a goal and slowly making what was insurmountable into a something challenging.

    It's a feeling all of us who love this game have felt, it's what makes the game so great.

    If you want to watch me kill Gwyn and cry like a little baby here's a clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPpjfwm7q9E

    EDIT: I was told to link my twitch, so here's a link: https://www.twitch.tv/sebbangeli

    submitted by /u/sebbangeli
    [link] [comments]

    I have an idea for a build. Name is a work in progress but it's a best starting stat for each category build.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 03:31 PM PST

    Basically you can only go up to the highest starting stat for each class.

    Vitality 14 Endurance 14 Attunement 15 Strength 14 Dexterity 15 Resistance 12 Intelligence 15 Faith 14

    Sort of a modified SL 1 build but you can't go any higher in terms of stats.

    submitted by /u/thebestcuckever
    [link] [comments]

    Help, I’m Bad At This Game

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 03:13 PM PST

    i started a playthrough a while ago and got stuck pretty early on at the capra demon. no matter what i do i just cannot seem to get past him. my question is: are there any soulslikes out there that would provide a good difficulty ramp, so to speak, that would help me with souls combat? i'm not really interested in playing the series out of order but i've played a little bit of sekiro. any recs would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/sallyvalentine
    [link] [comments]

    Some dislike the 2nd half of Dark souls. But for me it reminds me of demons souls. Hunting down several powerful beings so you can fight the final boss. I think its actually fun.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 02:06 AM PST

    PRAISE THE SUN, I BEAT ARTORIAS!!!

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 10:18 PM PST

    I'm at the tail-end of the main game but want to beat the DLC first so I won't have to suffer through it on NG+. I was stuck on Artorias for the longest time; it's been a month since I last tried (giving up after no summon signs showed up).

    My first time trying him, I got him to 1/3 of his health, but my luck didn't follow and he always managed to mop the floor with me every time after. Must've taken me at least 10 or so tries before I finally fell the great knight...

    After just making a post complaining about the lack of summon signs (I was surprised by this), I decided to show my girlfriend how hard he was because of his moveset. Well, of course he annihilated me almost as soon as I stepped foot in the fog. So I decided to try again and...bam! Managed to get that final hit in with less than half health and at least 12-15 Estus remaining. I'm so beyond proud of myself!!! And I'd like to thank my girlfriend for the luck she brings me when I show her these hard bosses.

    submitted by /u/TwilitWolf13
    [link] [comments]

    Holy shit I just beat Manus on my first try, first play through of dlc

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 10:21 PM PST

    My hands are still shaking.

    submitted by /u/aidan_cappello
    [link] [comments]

    After playing this game since release I've only this year found out that there's a crystal lizard right before the Taurus demon. Bruh.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 04:00 AM PST

    At last Finished this masterpiece.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 01:33 AM PST

    Truly this is the greatest game I have ever played in my life so far. This is indeed a masterpiece for sure. And I have to say, I am ashamed I only started playing this 2 weeks ago, this wasn't my first souls game, I played DS2 an year ago and quit after a few hours because it was so confusing and difficult.

    But I have to say, this game isn't as difficult as I thought it would be.

    (Like how I thought your health would decrease everytime you die in all DS games, guess I was wrong.)

    The boss fights weren't really hard as I thought it would be, the most times I died in a boss fight would be against the Iron Golem (5 tries, cuz he throws me off the tower using his hands if not the thing he throws at me).

    Compared to DS2 atleast, this game is very easy. I mean, I died like a 100 times to The Pursuer in DS2 and I thought this would be the case for most boss fights in DS games but I guess I was wrong.

    Or Atleast that's what I thought until I played again in NG+.

    I believe the real DS only begins in NG+, all the enemies were so difficult, I could no longer 1 shot them, I was at last getting the feeling of joy and excitement experienced by many DS players when I finally beat bosses, especially Artorias, Manus, Nito and Gwyn.

    Now I am gonna play again in NG+2.

    So, just letting those out there who thought this game was not difficult after their first try like me, just try again in NG+. Cuz That's when you are truly experiencing a Souls Game.

    submitted by /u/YareYareDaze7
    [link] [comments]

    Just got all achievements

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 07:54 PM PST

    That means I have all the "rare" weapons so if you need any for completing your knights honour, that's the time.

    Since I'm not going to use my character anymore, instead of deleting the guy I'll help with what I have in it.

    I play on Xbox one.

    PS: can give other items too, just don't guarantee I'll have it.

    PS number 2: My GT is KnightOverdrive so you can talk to me directly.

    submitted by /u/KnightOverdrive
    [link] [comments]

    Continue to Blightown or into the Darkroot Garden?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 03:40 AM PST

    Hey guys, am a little lost as to what to do next so I wanted some tips.

    For reference, I've beaten the Asylum Demon, Taurus Demon, Capra Demon, the Moonlight Butterfly and the Bell Gargoyles.

    I know the second Bell is in Blightown, but I was wondering if the Darkroot Garden is worth exploring first? Or should I do the Depths and head for Blightown (I'm assuming that's how I get there)?

    submitted by /u/GraysonGraysoff
    [link] [comments]

    Whats the cheesest PVP build in your opinion?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 03:31 AM PST

    I know the title text makes no sense but whats the most OP pvp build

    submitted by /u/JB_07
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you Chefen!

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 03:29 AM PST

    I don't even know if you are here but I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me against Ornestein and Smough, they were driving me crazy!

    submitted by /u/Nolitimeremessorem24
    [link] [comments]

    I DID IT!!!

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 12:33 AM PST

    So, I created a new character, and was wondering if the first Archer would drop a bow, so I kept killing it and resting, rinse repeat. After the first 20 times, I thought, ok, let me go through and kill the asylum demon, eat the humanity and up the item find chance, so I did so, rested, and reassumed my quest for a shortbow (yes I know the merchant sells one for 1000 souls, but if I could get one for free, why not), after another 30 attempts and nothing, I became determined, the cycle of rest, sprint and dodge, backstab, sprint back, rest became a rote, a 30 second repeating grind that lasted for 8000 souls, 24 souls at a time until the prize I sought became mine, I go forth from the Undead Asylum the proud owner of a slightly used, a bit bloody, Shortbow, and 10,000 souls!

    Praise the Sun!!!

    submitted by /u/Aliendre
    [link] [comments]

    Quick Artorias fanart

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 10:22 AM PST

    Platinum flairs are an amazing idea

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 08:43 PM PST

    I really enjoy collectibles, especially hard to get ones. I joined the bloodborne subreddit when I played it as my first souls game and I didn't even think of getting the platinum until I saw a comment with five colored trophies. Since then I've claimed 2/6 and the thought of one day amassing the entire ensemble excites me to no end. Just some appreciation for whoever thought of that.

    submitted by /u/RadicalPizza__
    [link] [comments]

    Help

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 01:11 AM PST

    Ok so I'm new to the game and am wondering how do elements I guess id call them work? Like if I have a sword with water is it good against fire? Or if its water does it deal more damage to water enemies?

    submitted by /u/THP67
    [link] [comments]

    What Soul Level did you beat the game for the first time at?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 07:06 PM PST

    I'll be totally honest this is mostly just for harassing people in the Kiln with a Black Knight cosplay but I'm curious what level everyone beat the game at, I believe I was around level 73 the first time but I was also told by seperate people i eas over and under levelled, so I'm curious where everyone else stands.

    submitted by /u/IvanLagatacrus
    [link] [comments]

    Got the game yesterday, any tips in general and where should I go first?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 03:40 AM PST

    The guy at firelink shrine told me I could up or down but I don't know which would be better for a beginner like me who's only full souls game experience was Bloodborne.

    submitted by /u/Comrade_Chadek
    [link] [comments]

    Just started a sorcery only build for the first time but have a few questions

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 09:36 PM PST

    I have always been a melee user. I love my swords. But as a challenge to myself I started a play through of the trilogy where I play with only sorcery. No weapons. Yes that means no Moonlight Greatsword. But bei big as it's my first time I have a few questions

    1. Best catalyst for each game? I'm using the ivory catalyst in ds1 now but which catalyst should I be aiming for? What about with ds2 and 3?
    2. Best spells? Both regular sorcery and hex. I know hex spells are op in 1 and they used to be in 2 but not sure now. Currently using great heavy soul arrow
    3. Stat distribution? I'm pumping int as much as I can and putting spare points in vitality when I can. Is endurance even worth it? What's the best int and attune cap?
    4. Best armor and rings ? I'm using dusk's crown and bellowing dragon crest ring now but if there are any other great sorcery related armors and rings I should be using I need to know

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/seanhiruki
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone put down their sign for Artorias?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 09:31 PM PST

    Ok I know it's a noob af question. But I've spent a total of like 4-6 hours over the period of a couple days waiting for even one sign to show up outside of Artorias. I've tried him on my own, and got close (1/3 left of his health the first try) but I'm impatient and want to beat him. But I haven't seen a single sign in the many hours I've waited. I see phantoms and notes, so clearly people are still playing...

    I'm on PS4 and yes I'm human. I'm just surprised no one wants to help...

    submitted by /u/TwilitWolf13
    [link] [comments]

    Transient curses besides the bridge merchant?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 12:54 PM PST

    So let's say I accidentally "poked" the bridge merchant with my sword and she's telling me to burn alive, where could I buy or get transient curses?

    submitted by /u/LubranoCamal1999
    [link] [comments]

    Nintendo switch! Can someone help me transfer items

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 10:32 PM PST

    REWARD: Gold tracer! Obsidian greatsword+5 Titanite slab upgrade OR help with a boss!

    Hi i'm wanting to start a paladin build so I need help transferring the paladin armor set and some spare items to a brand new character if anyone would like to help otherwise i can't get the armor on the character until after anor londo

    I'm willing to return the favor if u also need to transfer any items also as thanks!

    submitted by /u/ChosenLukowaty
    [link] [comments]

    Was Lordran always like it is in Dark Souls or was it once thriving?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 06:04 PM PST

    I usually watch a bunch of Dark Souls lore videos, but I still don't understand if Lordran was ever a habitable place or if it was always teeming with things wanting to kill you at every second. I guess part of what confuses me is why would you want to link the first flame and keep it a lit for such a crappy place? It doesn't seem like it solves anything but keep light in the world. Unless linking the first flame somehow makes Lordran habitable again and slows the Hollow down. I'm very confused thanks to anyone in advance.

    submitted by /u/TheHarryman01
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment