• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 22, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 10:09 PM PST

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Scholar of the first sin just blew my mind.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 03:29 AM PST

    I've played this game so many times that I must be on my eighth run by now, but I never noticed before that once you get the Eye of the Priestess from Eleum Loyce in the DLC that the transparent phantoms in Shaded Woods stop being transparent. I'd have never even thought to check that. From have incredibly high levels of attention to detail, it's mind blowing how much stuff like this that they put into each game.

    You really do learn something new every time you play a souls game, and that's why I love them so much.

    submitted by /u/Kalo_sia
    [link] [comments]

    This chronically ill old fart needs the easiest PvE build there is

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 09:04 AM PST

    Background: played Demons Souls and Dark Souls to death. Became ill with crappy illness that makes it hard for me play tough games now because I'm so tired and exhausted. But by god I am going to beat Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin. I bought it on sale for PS4. My first character was a knight, I ended up with a mace that seems to do a pretty good job but it's short range and not all that great when I'm being swamped by enemies, which seems to happen an awful lot in this game.

    I've made it to a place called Bastille and tbh I'm not having a great time with this build. I feel like I want something with more range/distance, something more forgiving and better with AoE, maybe with heals because 2 estus sucks enormously. Would a faith + halberd/spear build be what I need? Magic with melee/shield backup? My reactions aren't the best now so I can't rely on parrying.

    I'd be grateful for any suggestions, thank you.

    submitted by /u/Sicksine
    [link] [comments]

    dark souls 2 is the best souls game cause:

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 07:13 AM PST

    you can use a bonfire ascetic to refight your favorite bosses or replay the area in a new different way or u want to farm lol

    submitted by /u/isaquelucasbr2
    [link] [comments]

    Chaos blade still viable for PvE? How should i respec?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 01:45 PM PST

    I heard it got preety nerfed hard to the point its usseles. Im planning a powerstanced Chaos blade with Bleed infused Ashen Hollow Sword.

    Armor would be something light and using Shadow gauntlents and BOB ring for extra bleed dmg and Flynn+RoB for even more damage. Maybe throw in Chloranthy Ring for extra stamina.

    Maybe i should stock on with Bleed Serum to use for Chaos Blade.

    I know Bleed gets a bad rep in PvE but i want to try it.

    How should i respec? My SL is like 211

    submitted by /u/CrystalMaterelius
    [link] [comments]

    Pvp still active in 2020? (Ps4)

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 12:49 PM PST

    Was wondering what the soul level meta is also and where the best place to pvp is at. Also wasn't there some sort of soul memory system aswell? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Hazzad_1
    [link] [comments]

    Pursuer help or tips please

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 10:13 AM PST

    I've literally tried 50+ times now and the most I've done is get 4 hits in on him in a try. He literally just slays me. I can't figure out the ballista. What am I doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/GozackGo
    [link] [comments]

    Need some help respeccing a character (SL 191) for NG+ (and achievements) SOTFS PS4

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 08:29 AM PST

    So I played DS2 exactly 3 years ago and I'm just looking to mop up some achievements + beat NG+.

    https://i.imgur.com/D29ZZb4.png This is the character from our last save my brother built SL191 hexer/cleric ready to go into NG+

    I'm thinking of going for a melee build that can destroy everything with the ability to go for ranged combat when I need it against certain mobs. However I'm not too sure about when stats stop giving decent returns so I need help here from all you brilliant people in where I should invest my points. The character started out as a Cleric.

    Lastly I'd like to say that I'm only missing five trophies:

    Learn all Miracles, Sorceries, Hexes and Pyromancies + Platinum trophy(I'm only missing the NG+ and NG++ exclusive ones)

    My question is with a build that specializes in melee will I still be able to learn all the sorceries, miracles, hexes and pyromancies on NG+ and NG++?

    Which weapons should I max out before heading to NG+? I want to nuke bosses as I have to get to NG++ ASAP

    Thank you for your patience!

    submitted by /u/throwaway2xa
    [link] [comments]

    Where do I go after the 2 head spider boss?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 02:24 PM PST

    What is going on with the drops?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 02:13 PM PST

    So I've been trying for the royal swordman's armor and I've kill literary every swordman in lost Bastille and they can't spawn anymore as well as in the forest of fallen Giants I only got 2 of the main bosses and ideas? (I may of missed one or two knight in lost Bastille but idk)

    submitted by /u/tallspartan117
    [link] [comments]

    There's no way to reset a corrupt save.. right?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 02:11 PM PST

    I shut my PS4 down from the rage from Graverobber and the two other dudes. I then went to check after calming down to see it's corrupt and it can't be restored. I guess I gotta start all over right? I might actually move to DS1 instead, unless there's a chance to get back my 60 hours spent on the game...

    submitted by /u/BlackJ0ke
    [link] [comments]

    Maldron returning to their world in Brume Tower

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 10:02 AM PST

    I got invaded by Maldron in Brume Tower, gave up, and opted to killing myself by the nearest bonfire. Right when I stepped off the ledge, Maldron returned to their world! Never seen that before. Is that another troll behavior of his?

    submitted by /u/reddit_the_cesspool
    [link] [comments]

    I'm Kind of Curious

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 01:44 PM PST

    Overall there seems to be a vast majority of different playstyles within the Subreddit, and I'm curious what everyone falls into.

    • Are you casual player that like to just play through the games and experience them leizurly?
    • Are you hardcore veteran that only does challenge runs at this point to relive the glory days of old?
    • Are you a min/max PvE player that is all about optimizing your charcter through the NG cycles?
    • Are you min/max PvP who likes to reap on the weak and harvest souls from your victims?
    • Is this your first time through the game/series and you're here looking for help/guidance?

    Personally I've sunk thousands of hours into the series as a whole, and currently fall under the challenge runner. I've been frequently running all three games at SL1, Doing Base Gear Speed Runs, Meme Speedruns.

    There is obviously way more to this player base then listed above, but I frequent the subreddit regularly, and am just curious about everyone approach to the game at this point in its life.

    submitted by /u/kryule23
    [link] [comments]

    Faith build help

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 01:09 PM PST

    I've only played the game with a quality build and never used any spells so I don't really know what to really, what weapons should I use for a strength/faith build, which are best for a lighting infusion and which I should use with pure physical damage. And most importantly what miracles are useful and if I have to rank up in the sun bro covenant, in which case what are the best spots for boss coop and at what SM.

    I'm sorry if I asked a lot of things but ds2 is the one I'm less familiar with

    submitted by /u/TangerineChestnut
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble in Eleum Loyce...

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 01:01 PM PST

    I need help with the Burnt Ivory King. I'm currently at 1.6 million soul memory. Anyone willing and able?

    submitted by /u/Scartekagon
    [link] [comments]

    My First Cleric Playthrough In A Nutshell.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 12:51 PM PST

    ��My Way Of Giving Back To This Amazing Community

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 06:43 AM PST

    I cannot thank you guys enough. The last seven months have been an amazing journey thanks to all of you - your support and feedback warms my heart 💙 and motivates me to make more videos 🙏

    Together with UrgentRook - we are giving away a Dark Souls 2 Scholar of The First Sin copy for PS4. Leave a comment on the YouTube video and you will be part of the draw.

    https://youtu.be/-zTwsAQCAM8

    submitted by /u/S7-Gaming
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best armour for ng+

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 12:30 PM PST

    I've been trying to make my way through ng+ and keep dying way too easily to normal enemies and wonder why my armour is no longer effective

    submitted by /u/Chazdude1601
    [link] [comments]

    Covenant rank rewards

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 06:05 AM PST

    Is there any way to purchase the covenant rank reward spells? I play offline and am going for the platinum trophy.

    EDIT: I mean like PVP covenats. Im planning spending the next couple days farming sunlight medals and rat tails

    submitted by /u/Drangelice
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips for SL1?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 11:03 AM PST

    I finished this game countless times, now it is time for SL1. I have tried to do it a few months before using dagger but got stuck at Iron Keep (f*** the Ironclads in OIK run up). Want to retry, any tips?

    Also I want to do a no death run if I can. So what is the safest way to complete the game? (optional bosses can wait)

    submitted by /u/ssLoupyy
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with the fume knight please I only have 4 human effigy left

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 10:52 AM PST

    Ps4 please

    submitted by /u/ytuwtwuh3
    [link] [comments]

    Hey uh undead crypt ps3 need help

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 10:31 AM PST

    SM: 1475000 Name poopyguy

    submitted by /u/ILoveSasiskas
    [link] [comments]

    Build advices and general discussions

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 06:22 AM PST

    So guys, i just played DS2 once and was the in my first time playing the souls games. I loved the first one and liked the third very much, but i didnt enjoyed the second one very much, since my controller was really messed up during the playhrough and that maked my experience through a living hell(not the good old souls hell).

    SO, at the end of the month im going to buy a new controller and the game for PC since i sold my PS4, and i want to discuss builds with you guys. Gimme fun builds, strong builds, your favorite ones, i want to play this game the way it deserves!

    submitted by /u/Solarisnymph
    [link] [comments]

    The reason I love the Ancient Dragon fight

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 02:11 AM PST

    It fits thematically:

    - Ancient Dragon flies, takes a lot of damage and deals a lot of damage, like a true ancient dragon

    - Ancient Dragon is optional and even if you kill him he doesn't drop anything useful and on top of it he is peaceful, so when you attack him you are an actual bad person and the game actually punishes you for being a bad person

    I know the fight from a design perspective isn't great, but thematically I find it the most fitting of all the Bossfights in the entire series.

    Bonus: Ancient Dragon really gives you a perspective on Gwyns true strength before he sacrificed it to prolong his reign.

    submitted by /u/StraightOuttaOlaphis
    [link] [comments]

    What soul level can I expect to reach in my first playthrough?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 09:39 AM PST

    I'm determining how I will allocate my stats as I level up. I reached about level 90 at the conclusion of DS1.

    submitted by /u/Shearer_Carnage
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment