• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 18, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 10:09 PM PST

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    To whoever Miah was in brume tower.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 08:38 AM PST

    Thank you for getting me through that godforsaken labyrinth. I really wouldn't have been able to do it without a sunbro. Thanks Miah!

    submitted by /u/I_Use_Scripts
    [link] [comments]

    SOTFS Edition is $9.99 in the PS4 Store Until 5 Feb

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 09:09 PM PST

    I just beat the smelter demon on my 7th try

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 05:25 AM PST

    ...as a hybrid hexer/melee build and goodness gracious I was never so grateful for pyromancies (toxic mist, flash sweat) to exist.

    submitted by /u/Skejcia
    [link] [comments]

    Darklurler is such a fun boss fight!

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 05:18 AM PST

    That's all I wanted to say

    Have a good day

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    My Home

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 03:58 AM PST

    Just started up my 50th new character. The moment I stepped foot in Things Betwixt again, it struck me just how much this game feels like home to me. I have sunk hundreds of hours traversing unknown areas. Started character after character trying out different classes, and approaching each area with different weapons, stats, armors, etc.

    I get some may not like this iteration of Dark Souls, but damn do I love it. Thanks for letting me gush for a bit!

    submitted by /u/Zombiemanization
    [link] [comments]

    Hopin' for help

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 10:16 AM PST

    I'm looking for a coop vs sir alonne, vanilla no sotfs PC SL:150 circa SM:almost 4million if you are there text me back and we will have some jolly cooperation Since i am triyng to get dragon stones i can even do pvp Sorry for bad english

    submitted by /u/Giubby
    [link] [comments]

    Won my first online invasion

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 01:24 PM PST

    Was just grinding souls in the woods when I got invaded and I usually play offline because I don't have ps+ but I do have it ATM so I was a little on edge, I didn't want to lose the 20,000 souls I'd got so I just waited on the roof near the second bonfire he showed up eventually I let him magic-ify his weapon, he almost got me but I managed to pop an estus then the lag kicked in and I was getting stabbed from 2' away so I just kept rolling and eventually whittled him down, he started to panic and started throwing knives but I managed to get in close enough for the kill. Bowed because I'm a respectful player.

    It was a good feeling defending my souls...

    Thanks for reading.

    Also like 0% chance of him being here but if you fought Dong Diddler recently, thanks for the fight it was good

    submitted by /u/Xanthic-Chimera
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading Staff

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 07:24 AM PST

    How do i upgrade my sorcerer's staff? I read all the time about staff +1,2 etc. do i need special item or do j need to advance more?

    PS: i just reached Hunstman's Copse

    Please help me

    submitted by /u/Pykel-Jordan
    [link] [comments]

    Good straight sword?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 08:21 AM PST

    I'm currently using fire longsword +8. I found it on Forrest of Fallen Giants and currently I have 87 lvl. I can't find better weapon for me. I like it's move set and it's fast. Is there a better sword? I bought vengarls sword and it does less dmg and is slower.

    submitted by /u/J0suk3
    [link] [comments]

    Pursuer is my nemesis.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 12:49 PM PST

    Ngl I was scared about Smelter Demon. I saw other people playing and he was destroying them. Guess what? I beat him in first try. But Pursuer after that fight, oh boy, he killed me like 5 times until I understood how to dodge him. Are there more Pursuers later?

    submitted by /u/J0suk3
    [link] [comments]

    Is parrying the same across all DS games?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 12:26 PM PST

    So I've never been able to parry well in DS1 or DS3 but I feel like I can parry pretty reliably in 2. I've tried different shields in all games and am curious if I finally got the timing down or if there's an actual difference between the games.

    submitted by /u/g4tam20
    [link] [comments]

    Where are all the 'regular' invaders?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 01:45 PM PST

    This is something that has been annoying me for a while. I love engaging in jolly co-op in No Man's Wharf, because I really like that area. I am also a member of the Blue Sentinels with the Guardian Seal because I am awful at pvp and need to practice. Every invader I've seen, however, has clearly used things that no player entering the Wharf for the first time would have. I've seen players with Santier's Spear and Ring of the Living, Moon Butterfly sets, warmth pyromancies, etcetera. Just now I fought an invader who was using some exploding arrows that I'd never seen before. I engaged in ranged combat myself, but my regular arrows left me at a disadvantage. Not once have I seen invaders that use regular loadouts, say a longsword and a shield or just soul arrows. In pvp I make a point of using only equipment that players in an area can access themselves, so that they will never feel like they lost due to equipment discrepancies. The invaders, however, don't seem to think that way. Does it seem to anyone else that virtually all invaders are using the Agape Ring and late-game equipment?

    submitted by /u/VreesKees
    [link] [comments]

    Hey if anyone sees this I need some help

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 01:20 PM PST

    First, how was your day and also idk where to go I have killed the lost sinner and the rotten and am stuck at that place before that excuse of a boss which is just a room full of enemies and a sorcerer icr the name please tell me where to go

    submitted by /u/jakdacorgis
    [link] [comments]

    Hex melee weapon

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 12:11 PM PST

    Hexes are broken so I want to know a good melee weapon to go with it

    submitted by /u/big-egg-man
    [link] [comments]

    Aside from the few outstanding bosses, the enemies and level design are what keeps me coming back to this game.

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 03:14 PM PST

    Dark Souls 2 is the fastest I have ever dumped 100 hours into a game. I absolutely played nothing other than it in my free time and I'm already nearly done with my second playthrough. The thing that keeps me coming back is the level design and the enemies. Sure, it might not have the coherency and consistency of Dark Souls 1, but what it does have is multiple intimate and challenging battles that you need to assess and approach cautiously every time. I love enemies like the Alonne knights, every dlc enemy (cept those horse assholes), old knights, heide knights, royal swordsmen, manikins, turtlebois, elephant bois, syan knights, etc. Most of them have varied movesets with slow and quick attacks, some of them can even delay their attacks like running after you with their overhead strikes. It makes every enemy encounter feel intimate and tense, and often times I have to catch my breath after every fight. In Dark Souls 1, I will often run past a lot of enemies in a lot of areas just to get to the bosses on repeat playthroughs. But in Dark Souls 2, I either never do that or it's made to be hard cause they're fast as fuck boi. It feels like I'm actually navigating a heavily guarded castle or place, and I absolutely adore it. Rather than cheesing every enemy with a gold tracer/pyromancy/zweihander, I'm engaging in a slow or frantic dance with them, trying my best not to die at their hands.

    I completely adore this game.

    submitted by /u/Myoldaccwashacced
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone need a sunbro? Grinding those medals��

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 07:00 PM PST

    SM is in the 1,300,000-1,400,000 range on SotFS pc, let me know if you'd be able to help out

    submitted by /u/WomboCombo74
    [link] [comments]

    I ran out of human effigys

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 10:35 AM PST

    What could i do?

    submitted by /u/changego
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for new sword to use

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 10:19 AM PST

    I believe I'm close to the end of my first dark souls 2 run. A tried and true quality build worked for me in ds1 and has fit my play style for 2. I found the drangleic claymore(?) and have been using it ever since. Definitely a formidable weapon. I have it upgraded all the way. I just got the kings's ring and was going to tackle the DLC before I finished up the story.

    I wouldn't mind changing it up a bit for the last stretch of the game. Could anyone recommend a good melee weapon from the dlc that I should hunt down? I'm most comfortable with swords but could be talked into an axe or mace.

    submitted by /u/Ltjenkins
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking about buying on PSN.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 02:24 AM PST

    I know the obvious answer is yes based on the sub I'm posting this to lol. But I'd like to know if I should get this, it's ten dollars on PSN right now. I'm really enjoying playing 3 right now and I love Bloodborne as well. I tried this out years ago but wasn't in the mood for it at the time. I'm just looking for some honest opinions and info. How does it differ from 3? I've heard it's the worst one but I've also heard it's secretly better than the others. Just curious because ten dollars is a great price for it and it couldn't be discounted at a better time lol.

    submitted by /u/Dr_Diahrea
    [link] [comments]

    Turned my second character into a strength build for PVP

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 09:51 AM PST

    so i decided to stop leveling at SL150 as i heard that's the best way to get matchmaking, found a few neat weapons that i'm a fan of and I thought I'd make a post asking for advice as i'm sure i'm missing something.

    Weapons: Red Iron Twinblade, Watchdragon Parma. If you're fast at menuing, or just don't want people to disconnect immediately (apparently that's a thing people do a lot), You can swap off the Red Iron Twinblade for an Estoc, a Red Rust Sword, and a Dragonslayer bow. It actually turns out to be the exact same weight :)

    Rings: Ring of Blades +2, Third Dragon Ring, Flynn's Ring, Old Leo Ring (1hR2 and estoc bullshit)

    Armor: Cale's Helm (pushes you to 20 dex), Alva Armor, Engraved Gauntlets (lol), and Hard Leather Boots.

    I don't know if there's any better way to distribute the armor from what i sifted through in my item box, and it totals up to exactly 70% without fat rolling. nice.

    Stats (starting class is bandit):

    SL150, 40 Vigor, 40 Endurance (Cale's +1), 11 Vitality, 50 Strength, 20 Dex (Cale's +2), 33 Adaptability (105 agi). Rest dont matter, shit bro we only got 1 int lmao

    With some quick google searching, people really fucking hated The Red Iron Twinblade, which is really funny imo, but did Sotfs ever nerf it? i don't know when Sotfs came out, I only started playing this game a few months ago after dropping it and going back to DS1 when i tried it initially. Any tips on what to do to improve this build? seems to be working well so far, and the other loadout is what i've been using for PVE mostly (working on doing everything i can before going to NG+) and it's also been working great, but making it work better is always ideal.

    submitted by /u/LeFrogeHasArrived
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any Greatsword-Type weapons with the DS1 Greatsword-type moveset?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 09:14 AM PST

    Awestone farming locations?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 08:50 AM PST

    So i don't want to push my whole playthrough up in difficulty, is there a good area to just join the company of champions, farm the awestones, and then leave covenant?

    submitted by /u/Marcustheeleventh
    [link] [comments]

    Completed NG...

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 02:00 AM PST

    It was an ok trip, the final bosses were quite a pain in the rear...whats with the Ancient dragon stomp that still kills you even if you are like 10 feet away?!?

    Vendrick is just easy, nothing else to say.

    Nott sure how can people compare the Throne gang to Ornstein and Smough, they can be mildly annoying but you can definitely manage them easily unlike the other duo (makes me think the team for DS2 really had no idea of how to do gank battles because they are either really irritating and unfair or rather simple)

    Nashandra is easy, but that laser of hers killed me one too many times (I know I dodged but somehow the laser hit me on the split second before the roll) the orbs were also a pain in the ass, they actually dealt more damage than Nasha herself.

    Aldia really gave me a headache until I got his rythm down (are the flames pure fire damage or it is physical like with the Black Flame in DS1?)

    Well, Imma hit the Arena and do some PVP before actually moving to NG+...If I find someone to duel with...when is the Return event for this game?

    submitted by /u/Xx_Khepri_xX
    [link] [comments]

    Hey im pretty bored and Idk what to do with the game, would you suggest me a build to try? please.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 07:35 AM PST

    idk what to do with the game. I would like to try a new build or a challenge. but I really have no idea.

    I have tried sl1, and it was hell, lmao I had such a bad time trying that I almost cut my wrists half way during the playthrough.

    I've tried a couple of vanilla builds. but idk maybe you guys know something cooler.

    im playing on sotfs.

    submitted by /u/elmolinero96
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment