• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 19, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 10:08 PM PST

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Bed of Chaos

    Being Gravelorded in Anor Londo? Died to Bed Of Chaos for the 100th time? Checked your phone for a second, only to run off a cliff and lose your bloodstain?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Squillakilla Just Beat DS1 All Bosses No Damage, World's First.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 05:28 PM PST

    https://www.twitch.tv/squillakilla/clip/FriendlyHorribleJaguarOSfrog

    Edit: a few have requested the full video, SquillaKilla uploaded this to his YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/424nURd8lzw

    submitted by /u/DatGuyPigglet
    [link] [comments]

    Say a prayer for me...

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 10:58 AM PST

    I'm about to fight Ornstein and Smough for my very first time today. I'm aware of their reputation, so words of encouragement would be appreciated😂

    submitted by /u/FiniteLotus9
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else think the top half of quelaag is hot?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 12:34 AM PST

    And the bottom half ain't that bad either. Kinky. Just me? OK I'll leave.

    submitted by /u/mynamesnotdaveits
    [link] [comments]

    New to dark souls but this is the greatest online community ever.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 10:12 PM PST

    All the shenanigans online, and the fun of the pvp. Oolacile township is some the most fun I've ever had playing a game before

    submitted by /u/Elodaine
    [link] [comments]

    Completed Both Endings.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 03:53 AM PST

    Just completed Dark souls . On Both Ending. I am very happy and a bit emotional. Great Game!!!!

    submitted by /u/T20WhiteTiger
    [link] [comments]

    Something interesting I noticed

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 05:06 PM PST

    The black knight halberd is regarded as the best wrapon in the game (last I heard) but the murakumo does more damage, and has a faster moveset and can stunlock

    submitted by /u/BurgerBob17
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat this game for the first time

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 03:56 PM PST

    After a long, long while, I finished my adventure and linked the first flame. I killed all the bosses, Ornstein and Smough gave me the most trouble, second was Gwyn, probably because I kept trying to parry him. Strangely enough, Manus wasn't as hard as you all made him out to be. Overall, I enjoyed the game, but I am taking a break from it for now

    submitted by /u/TheHarryman01
    [link] [comments]

    Solaire be like

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 12:10 AM PST

    So I could summon solaire before the gargoyles but he never went through the fog. Excellence

    submitted by /u/Pinedezz
    [link] [comments]

    Knight Artorias buff

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 02:10 AM PST

    So I was just curios and couldn't find anything about this on reddit, my question is do you allow Artorias to buff himself in order to make him stronger? I'm not saying that he is easy but when I met him for the first time and found out that you can easely break his buff the fight became pretty easy and now on my second playthrough I allowed him to buff and it became hard but not impossible.
    I also think that you might want to make him buff if you know something about a character in order to give him some respect.

    submitted by /u/Shadegest
    [link] [comments]

    He is going to hell....

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 03:43 AM PST

    My little brother (9yo) wanted to play some of the Dark souls 1, so I created him new game, he did really good ngl, and he found Solaire.... well.. he really liked his armor, and so he killed him, I was telling him to stop hurting Solaire, but he didn't have even a litttle of mercy, it hurted so much watching Solaire die, and I am now depressed because of it. poor sunbro :(

    submitted by /u/Safolom
    [link] [comments]

    14 y/o brother beat O+S solo

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 11:24 PM PST

    I got my younger brother into Dark Souls, he's a bit of a perfectionist and hates losing, so I thought giving him a game that will force him to accept he's not gonna always win would help out a bit. I told him it's not as difficult as people make it out to be, the most frustrating thing is when you get killed by a boss and have to run all the way back through gauntlets of enemies each time.

    I was stuck on NG+ O+S by the time he made it there in his NG, so I let him watch me get my ass kicked a few times to show 'hey I've beat this game, most of Bloodborne and DS3 and watched loads of other people play it and I'm still not the best so don't worry if you don't get them the first time'

    I beat them after about 30 tries with Solaire helping out, Ornstein first again because I suck against his super form and just wanted it over and done with by that point. I tried to get my brother to summon me to help him when he was getting frustrated but he refused and eventually managed to beat them solo. Not only that, he actually killed Smough first. Just so he could get Ornstein's armour

    I suggested he do the dlc before he did anything else (so he didn't miss out on the special Sif cutscene and was levelled up decently for Catacombs) but forgot to mention the Sanctuary Guardian that took me a good few tries to beat my first run, which he beat it his first ever go.

    I know there's probably people on here who beat this game when they were born with their hands tied behind their backs but I'm proud of him. Does anyone else have stories of younger siblings/kids playing these games and being surprised that they're actually quite decent at it for their age?

    submitted by /u/Jaeger-of-Freiheit
    [link] [comments]

    (Showerthought) "May the flames be with thee." is a reference to Star Wars "May the force be with you."

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 02:24 AM PST

    Dumb realization iunno you might already kno

    submitted by /u/StraightFaceJay
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips of not getting scared from the game?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 06:51 PM PST

    I only beaten the Taurus Demon, however I get scared of in closed areas and just the atmosphere from the game sometimes. Any tips how to overcome this? I really like the game, but I just get scared of exploration at times. I don't even play any horror video games after playing RE1 on the PlayStation.

    submitted by /u/snuberz
    [link] [comments]

    Moving On?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 05:48 PM PST

    Dark Souls has ruined other games for me. I am trying to play Breath of the Wild and just keep comparing it to Dark Souls. I can't play Dark Souls forever; I want to move on to something else. Does anyone have any tips for moving on?

    submitted by /u/HonchosVinegar
    [link] [comments]

    My greatest victory to date

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 05:37 AM PST

    I just beat manus, father of the abyss and I am really happy. I put 2.5-3 hours total into him, and I nearly gave up. But, the lore of going hollow made me not want to quit. My mum actually kicked me off after beating him due me letting some nono words slip out, but I didnt even care, I was just the proudest I'd ever been. I now need to go kill kalameet, then gwyndolin (I intend to kill every boss in the game, even the optional ones), then gwyn, and then link the flame. This game is absolutely incredible! Thank you from software, and thank you reddit for listening to me have my little moment of joy!

    submitted by /u/Turtle_pro_310105
    [link] [comments]

    New Meat here

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 12:53 AM PST

    I just started playing dsr after 600 hours in ds3, Any good starter builds? I really like magic... Also Any other tips are appreciated!

    submitted by /u/AlmightyDonkey
    [link] [comments]

    Shoutout to this magnificient person

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 03:49 AM PST

    Shoutout to my new bro, xtrem something (sorry dude it's a complicated name) who helped me destroy those royal sentinels in Anor Londo and helped me win against Ornstein and Smough in my first try yersterday. Absolute legend.

    submitted by /u/DradorNH
    [link] [comments]

    Sen fortress

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 03:44 AM PST

    Can anyone help me with this trap level I use the drake sword and the claymore and got obliterated by two snek in the trapped entrance

    submitted by /u/playing-APEX
    [link] [comments]

    Qwynevere and the illusion

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 03:39 AM PST

    One thing I don't understand about Anor Londo after reading wiki and other sources for lore is that why is the player punished with a sin and other calamities for breaking the illusion of Anor Londo made by Qwyndolin by killing Qwynevere? Is there something wrong for you to reveal the true state of the land? Is Qwyndolin in a sense the true ruler of Anor Londo during DS1 time and why is he hiding this?

    submitted by /u/Lyonmanes
    [link] [comments]

    Seath The Sadness

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 03:23 AM PST

    Ight bois Imma botta fight Seath, any tips or tricks?

    submitted by /u/TobiToezStolenMemes
    [link] [comments]

    Pinwheel too OP

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 02:42 AM PST

    Fromsoft pls nerf

    submitted by /u/Luc1_F0x
    [link] [comments]

    A weapon for a Cleric?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 10:35 PM PST

    I've been playing through DS for the first time on my ps3, been enjoying it, got through Blighttown, but i've been wondering what weapon i should use for my Cleric-type character, currently i just use the Mace, which i've upgraded a bit, what weapon would be a nice fit for my Cleric?

    submitted by /u/WizzrotheWizard
    [link] [comments]

    Should I play this game Co-op or Solo?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 10:21 PM PST

    So some backstory, I played Dark Souls 2 about half a year ago with a friend of mine, who has played all three of the Dark Souls games. I definitely had a lot of fun, but I felt like it might have detracted from the experience, so I'm not sure whether I should go solo or co-op for this one. To help you help me, let me explain what I did and didn't enjoy about co-op in ds2.

    Co-op created a lot of memorable experiences, and even some inside jokes, which probably helped me enjoy some of the moments I otherwise might've not liked just by having someone else there. For example, the frozen area with the reindeer, I've heard people hate that one but it was hilarious with another person. Also ds2 is very obtuse sometimes, such as getting that Black Gulch giant soul, using the mechanism in Majula, completing Lucatiel's quest, or having to go into memories. I've heard ds1 is less like this though, so perhaps that won't be a factor.

    As for why I'm considering not doing it, there was very little challenge in the game whenever co-op was possible. The final bosses were jokes, and the only hard ones were the ones I had to fight alone, such as Authority and Vendrick, along with the Ancient Dragon because wowie. Even the famous Fume Knight and Sir Alonne took next to no effort. Additionally, I've heard that ds1 is much more atmospheric, and about discovering the world as you go on, so having another person there could hinder that for the first playthrough.

    I was hoping someone here could give a suggestion, as I've been putting off playing this one due to not knowing which option to pick.

    submitted by /u/MelvinTheUnfortunate
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Dark Souls board game any fun?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 10:21 PM PST

    I've heard about the Dark Souls board game and in my opinion it looks pretty fun, sorta like DnD entirely in Dark Souls. Although looks can be deceiving, so is this game actually fun? Also would people who don't play Souls have fun with it, or would you only have fun if you actually play the souls games

    submitted by /u/TheHarryman01
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment