• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 8, 2019

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 10:09 PM PST

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Bed of Chaos

    Being Gravelorded in Anor Londo? Died to Bed Of Chaos for the 100th time? Checked your phone for a second, only to run off a cliff and lose your bloodstain?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My kid just blew it...

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 04:28 PM PST

    My son just started DS Remastered and was riding high after conquering the Asylum Demon after his eighth or ninth try. He seemed to be really picking up on the patience and perseverance as a fun part of the experience, which was awesome because those are not his strong suits. He took a ride on the awesome giant crow, arrived in Lordran... and then promptly started whaling on the Crestfallen Warrior. I just watched all his excitement for the game drain away as he aggroed him, then respawned and got his ass handed to him 10, 20, 30 times. Poor guy.

    submitted by /u/ISureHateMyCat
    [link] [comments]

    Disappointment

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 10:04 AM PST

    While I was working at my job yesterday a customer came up to me with a Warrior of Sunlight t-shirt on so naturally I said "Praise the Sun" and he gave me a look of pure confusion. He had no clue what Dark Souls was and just found the shirt at a thrift shop.

    submitted by /u/CVbluedream
    [link] [comments]

    Not too sure if a glitch or bug or what.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 03:38 AM PST

    Basically you buy prism stones 99 for 990 souls.

    Feed to Frampt for 100 each for a total of 9900.

    Repeat.

    I don't know if this was already widely known or common, but I just found this "feature" and thought I'd share.

    Why is their feed value 100 instead of 10 to prevent this. Also I'm playing on x360 so I can't say which version this is.

    submitted by /u/random_stair
    [link] [comments]

    Real bros patrolling Anor Londo

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 02:51 AM PST

    I'm playing my first ever playthrough of DS1, finally get to Anor Londo and have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Once I get to the 2nd bonfire, I get spam invades everywhere, but there was one that really interested me. My man SunBroRed coming in as an invader but actively helping me and absolutely demolishing all the other people I try to summon (as I thought he was gonna try kill me, woops). Once I inevitably died, I summoned him and he carried me through the rest of Anor Londo and into O+S, showing me every point of interest on the way (chests, hidden areas etc) and dropped me a lot of items and a humanity. I didn't get to say anything but spam the bow emote, but people like him do make the experience a lot more fun personally, instead of just massacring me like the handless gamer I am.

    tl;dr SunBroRed is a true bro

    submitted by /u/RyukuDN
    [link] [comments]

    What does dark souls mean to you?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 09:54 PM PST

    A question that's been in my mind recently.

    submitted by /u/ffejsiemanym96
    [link] [comments]

    Do you guys think the DS protagonists are actually stronger than the enemies they face?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 08:21 PM PST

    Here is another way of putting this: if you made a tier list of every DS character, would the chosen undead go above all the bosses he beat? I mean, it is clear that if they just stood still hitting each other the CU would fall vs O&S or Artorias, but we do obviously know they get beaten in-game.

    I've always just assumed that the protagonists are weaker than the bosses they fight in every sense, it's just their indomitable will + law of averages that secures the win.

    submitted by /u/Fuck_You_Hawking
    [link] [comments]

    First time in Blighttown

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 06:52 AM PST

    Thanks to the recent sales I finally picked up Dark Souls. I just stood up all night pulling my hair out in Blighttown. The main thing I took away from the experience is:

    Fuck mosquitoes.

    submitted by /u/lE0Sl
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck in anor londo

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 09:39 PM PST

    So I killed O&S and killed the illusion, then killed the fire keeper and I went to take on gwyndolin and died. Now I'm spawning in on the dead fire keepers bonfire and the spiral case is stuck on the lower level and I can't exit anor Londo. I've tried going down the painting side but it's too deep and I go into auto fall and die. Is there anything I can do or is this save file gone?

    submitted by /u/Chrissang
    [link] [comments]

    Choosing between the Dark Souls Trilogy Compendium and the Dark Souls Design Works books

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 03:11 AM PST

    I am interested in buying some of the Dark Souls related books but I am at a crossroads on which books I should get. Anyone can give me their opinion?

    With regards to price, they are quite similar from where I am going to buy them.

    submitted by /u/thebadfool
    [link] [comments]

    So, is it canon that in the first two games the first flame is always rekindled?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 11:19 PM PST

    There never was an age of dark, right?

    submitted by /u/r4tzt4r
    [link] [comments]

    [PS4][DSR] W: Mule H:Mule, Max Boss Soul Stacks, Max Consumables, A lot just ask

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 10:58 PM PST

    So I wanna move all my gear and consumables over to my sons psn account...he just began playing and I guess because we are playing on the same router we can not summon one another or even see the signs. I want to mule all of my gear to his psn account. I would be willing to provide you with a duplicate of the mule if u are not able to duplicate it yourself...if any would could help it would be greatly appreciated...trying to break him into the souls series and it would be for him to become familiar with the game this way

    submitted by /u/Clavicus_Vile1982
    [link] [comments]

    Need help through Blight Town

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 10:50 PM PST

    I'm still new to DS1 and really need a help through blight town, I'm playing on PS4, dm if interested in helping me though this hair pulling experience.

    submitted by /u/Thief01
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for someone to pvp with in oolacile township a

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 06:37 PM PST

    on Xbox one and looking to pvp at oolacile township comment if interested

    submitted by /u/biggiechese78
    [link] [comments]

    Where/what now?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 01:44 AM PST

    I beat Quelaag and joined the Chaos Servants. Tried A Fortress and that's still a bit too much for me. Tried Demon Ruins and the Taurus and Capra demons are seasoning my ass cheeks with chili.

    submitted by /u/random_stair
    [link] [comments]

    FREE BLACK KNIGHT HALBERDS!!!!!

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 09:28 PM PST

    3 black knight halberds in undead parish church first come first serve XB1 remastered network password is.. free

    submitted by /u/CJ_the_J
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition Randomizer?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 05:18 PM PST

    Is there a good randomizer that people use for this version?

    submitted by /u/asre7890
    [link] [comments]

    I messed up my save file + other problems (NEED HELP!)

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 06:52 PM PST

    Hi,

    So I opened my .sl2 save file with wordpad and now my game won't read the file. On top of that I've tried everything to restore the file/reset the default options to run the .sl2 file as it was and EVERYTHING failed.

    My game crashes when I enter PC settings or New Game and that save file was my only chance. I've heard that if your refreshrate is above 60Hz it may happen and it does for me. However, if you load the game with a save file that has 10 characters and you start a New Game the game will ask you to delete one and skip the "refreshrate check". It's my only chance to play the game on my laptop (144hz monitor without an option to switch to 60Hz).

    I've been trying to find the save file with 10 characters on the internet but to no avail. If anyone knows how to help me I would really appreciate it.
    Maybe someone could just create that file for me - just 10 blank charaters on a save file that's all I need.
    It doesn't really matter since I can't use .sl2 files but if I find the fix I could use that file and finally play my favourite game of all time.

    Ps. I've already tried going into regedit -

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.sl2\OpenWithList

    and I deleted all of the user options (wordpad included). When I restart my computer the file is still a wordpad file...

    I'm desperate pls help ;_;

    submitted by /u/Kobdzio
    [link] [comments]

    What are some interesting examples of environmental storytelling in Dark Souls?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 07:38 AM PST

    I'm still in my first run and have been loving the game a lot. I hear a lot about the environmental storytelling, and while I did notice some of the things like how certain enemies are only placed in those certain places that make sense lore-wise, like the snake men etc. I do want to know more interesting examples of environmental storytelling in Dark Souls, since this is what it gets a lot of praise for too.

    submitted by /u/SiRaymando
    [link] [comments]

    So I wanna invade ppl on the switch, how long is my expected wait time?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 04:55 PM PST

    Few things I've noticed.

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 02:41 PM PST

    Possible spoilers. Forgot to put in title.

    Hello, fellow skellies. Just a few things that I've noticed over my time playing this beautiful game. Here goes

    When you get any humanity you can tell by the animation. For humanity is a black (some would say dark soul) that absorbs into your character. It looks pretty cool too. Also when someone else kindles a bonfire you get 1+ estus if you are near the bonfire they Kindled, but that's not the thing I noticed, whereas the humanity is a dark animation, and regular souls being light, the estus can be seen as an orang-y wisp floating toward your character. Almost like ... A bit of fire, Which is cool because it ties into the lore. Speaking of fire, I noticed the skeletons eyes light up, which I'm sure everyone has seen but what I didn't realise is that the lights source are tiny little flames. Which makes sense because the souls icon all look like fire and were once a part of the first flame. So what I think you're seeing is the last dregs of the skeletons souls in their eye sockets. And isn't there an old proverb that goes: The eyes are the windows to the soul.

    It might not be that but the great thing about ds is you get to fill in the gaps yourself. There are loads of little things I've discovered, I'm certain they're not new discoveries but might be for some.

    OK. One more. I don't know if this was intentional but if you see a black knight from a distance, they look like a spirit. Which makes sense because they are supposed to haunt lordran after the war Gwyn waged on the demons. Up close they "solidify"

    Take care and hope you're having a cool day/night and don't you dareeee go hollow

    submitted by /u/Stubbornskelly
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help!!

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 06:22 PM PST

    So I've been trying to defeat Knight Artorias for like 3 days now and just can't seem to do it. Is there anyone on Nintendo switch that can help me?

    submitted by /u/Elizabeth2214
    [link] [comments]

    Help i am confusion

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 12:18 AM PST

    I like the true gamer i am have no idea how to go to lower undead burg even after finishing the game once in the past 2 years

    submitted by /u/VegetalTheChallenger
    [link] [comments]

    DSR greatswords ranking

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 04:45 PM PST

    What type of greatsword that did that did the task best? Hmm... Today where going to do the greatswords ranking from worst to best. Over the course of my three rankings I did Wich is bows/crossbows,spears and the most popular one the halberds. So here's the rules.

    Rules:

    1.incuding:

    I'll include weapons like the curve greatswords,ultra greatswords,and greatswords. I'm also going to include boss weapons and special weapons that requires twinkling titanite.

    2.opinion based:

    This is my personal opinion. If you don't like weapons that are lower or higher,that's ok cause is my opinion.

    3.the amount:

    They're 13 greatswords,5 ultra greatswords,and 3 curve greatswords. Which is 21 in total.

    4.pvp or pve?: This going to depend what weapons I used in PvP or pve so this can sometimes be both

    After the rules outta of my way, here's the ranking of great sword from worst to best.

    21-crystal greatsword:

    First let me talk about the good. It has decent scaling and good for early players. Unfortunately that's when the phrase ended. One of my biggest issue is when the weapon can't be upgraded nor repaired. It also makes it completely useless on dlc bosses or ng+ Bosses due to how limited of the weapon is. The thing that keep this weapon to the bottom is like I said, it can't be upgraded nor repaired which make this weapon extremely limited. So I put it in number 21.

    20-stone greatsword:

    This weapon used to be one of the most powerful weapons in the original dark souls. Due to the tumble buff glitch. But if where talk about DSR,this weapon sucks. Just like the number 21 spot the crystal greatsword, the weapon is extremely limited. Even tho it can slow down,upgrade, and repairable. The weapon is still pretty bad for many reasons. It has the highest weight of any greatsword of 28.0 units,deals split damage of magic making the stone greatsword weak against enemies that are resist to magic,and it has high stat requirements making it hard to wield. The reason why it's not in a level of crystal greatsword, is at least it's less limited but into a slightly degree.

    19-server:

    Unlike the two weapons that I mention from the bottom, at least it has the ability to heal each hit but that doesn't help that much. It also a base weapon upgrading it to 15+ from the very large ember. Unfortunately when compare to the gravelord sword and the murakumo,it was the most inferior out of the three mainly because it was weak when you get to dlc or ng+. I got not much else to say other than how easy to get and it's good against bosses from mid game.

    18-demon great machete(DGM):

    This will be somewhat controversial but let's face it. This is the worst greatsword when it comes to versatility and the overall greatsword it's self. The weapon deals more damage than the greatsword and zewihander but here's the problem. Just like number 20 stone greatsword it was heavy and has high stat requirements. it attack slower than the greatsword and zewihander,has a heavy attack that leave you a huge opened to get attack,and ultra greatswords has the highest amount of souls to reinforce of 800 making it called "souls consumer". The main reason why it's not lower than the bottom three is the weapon is powerful. But I prefer using the demon greataxe for the overall damage (even tho I not included this weapon on the list).

    17-grave Lord sword:

    Before you roast me in the comment section,let me explain why the gravelord sword is there. First the good. It has good reach,buff with the leo ring due to the heavy thrusting attack,deals a good amount of damage,and has the ability to toxic enemies. However the weapon has horrible scaling of E STR/DEX, can't deal with enemies that are immune to Poison,and if kill gravelord nito I guess,you can't get this weapon anymore. So this is an event weapon. So even tho it's easy to get,the abysmal scaling is my main issue.

    16-great Lord greatsword:

    This weapon is pretty powerful when it comes to damage. It also kinda light for an average greatsword. However just like the grave Lord sword, it has low scailing having only D STR/DEX. It also can't help when it has a slow heavy attack that has a wind up of a sloth. The great Lord greatsword is not horrible. It's just kinda bad when it comes to the way to get it department. You have to kill Gwyn to get it which is a waste of a spell called the sunlight spear.

    15-Dragon great sword:

    If I would base the weapon off the appearance, it's one of the cooler weapons in DSR. But I can't and this weapon kinda sucks. The amount of requirements to weld this is ridiculous with a STR requirement of 50,the heaviest ultra greatsword in the game,can't be buff,and upgrading it is expensive due to the cost of 50,000 souls and dragon scales. I'm not really a fan of this weapon due to how slow it attack,and the special move is slow,durability lost,and punished when you miss. At least this weapon has some potential.

    14-great sword of artorias (true):

    I'm going to separate the two greatsword of artorias. I found out the greatsword of artorias cursed version to be a better alternative. The weapon is somewhat average for it's decent physical damage,medium weight,good against enemies/bosses that are weak to magic,and can be easy to get by simply getting the soul of sif,reinforce the straight sword hlit or broken straight sword to 10+ and get it from the giant blacksmith. But what's the problem you may ask? It has high stat requirements,worst damage than the curse version of it,and even with that magic damage,a good amount of enemies are resist to magic. Overall an ok weapon but it gets out shadowed by it's cursed counter part.

    13-black knight greatsword:

    This BKG is one of the most powerful weapons in the game for having a good scailing,great damage output,and it's easy to get in the game unless your not lucky. So why is this weapon is lower than the regular greatsword counter part? For a few reasons. The weapon has high requirements,slow heavy attacks that leave you a wide opening,and it's super heavy. That said,it's alot of fun in pve tho. However when you use this in pvp,you will get a disadvantage of leaving a wide opening for a player to attack you. Overall a decent ultra greatsword but not the best nor worst.

    12-black knight sword:

    Before you say something about this weapon let me explain why it's on outside from the top ten. It deals a good amount of damage to attack speed ratio,has good scaling,average weight,easy to get from undead Burg when your lucky,and it's a good weapon to deal against bosses that are flimsy like artorias. It also makes it a good weapon in PvP. However I prefer other greatswords than this one. Mainly because it was slower and I think heavy than the claymore and bastard sword. That said it was a good weapon to use overall.

    11-great sword of artorias (cursed):

    The curse version of this greatsword is a better alternative than the true version of it imo and here's the reason why. It deals more physical damage,has no magic damage making it useful for most enemies/bosses,deals damage against ghost without using the transient curse,and it has slightly less scaling of int of 18 instead of 20. The thing that prevents to the top ten is the slow attack does it has. The attacks are similar as the black knight sword that I mention at number 12.

    10-abyss great sword:

    Some of you guys think this much be lower than the greatsword of artorias (cursed). I found out it's heavy attack to be faster than the Great sword of artorias. It has good scaling just like it but it's heavy attacks are really good in a combination of a thrust,spin I guess,and the infamous flip slam. However it has high stat requirements just like the great sword of artorias (cursed/true),and it still has a slow heavy attack. Not much else to say about this weapon.

    9-man serpent greatsword:

    This weapon is very powerful for str builds. It has a good sweeping heavy attack on two handed,easy to get by simply killing the snake man's in sens fortress and dukes archives,great str scaling,and good for buffs like the sunlight blade. If we talk about this and the great swords higher on the list,it feel short of having 10.0 units of weight Wich makes the weapon somewhat heavy. Overall a B+ tier in my book.

    8-murakumo:

    The main reason why it's on out side the top 5 for three reasons. It has high str requirement for a Dex weapon of 24,it was the heaviest curve greatsword in the game weighing at 12.0 units,and it's rare to get (unless you kill Sheva the east for it but we don't want to kill him). To order to get it, you can simply kill the Giants skeletons at firelink shrine and tomb of the giants. However it has a drop rate of 2% making it hard to get. That said,it's moveset is one of the smoothest in the game having a fast heavy attack,horizontal sweeps and the good ol' light attack that are fast,has a dead angle,and has good reach. This is the best curve greatsword in DSR.

    7-great sword:

    This is your average ultra greatsword. This weapon has decent scaling,deals a good amount of damage,and overall a good alternative to the zewihander. Unlike the zewihander,it has high stat requirements and it's slightly heavier. It makes up for it's high DMG,a heavy trusting attack that is good for the leo ring,and it's attacks fast as the zewihander but it's slightly harder to get mainly because you can get this in mid game from sens fortress or anor Londo. Overall a fairly rated weapon that has most of the enjoyments rather than the frustrations.

    6-bastard sword:

    This weapon can be the top 5 but here's the only problem. It has no thrusting attack. For a greatsword that has similar properties like the claymore but has no thrusting attack,makes the weapon less popular than the claymore manly because the leo ring deals more counter damage for thrust moves. That said it's light,deals more damage than the claymore,has the good scaling of C str/Dex as the claymore,and has a good sweeping attack like the man serpent greatsword. Even tho it has no thrusting attack,it's a underated weapon in PvP that done right.

    5-zewihander:

    Now we're at the top 5 greatswords in DSR. These are the weapons that has good versatility,high damage output,low/medium weight,and great for certain builds. First we have the zewihander. High damage,decent scaling,lightest ultra greatsword in DSR for having 10.0 units of weight,it's very easy to get by simply escaping the asylum demon,and to top it all off it has a great stunlock potential that can stagger players that has low or no poise. This weapon is an S tier for me. So why is this weapon isn't number 1 for one reason. Its heavy attack has a high stamina requirement unless you get a item or equipment that can boost your stamina Regen. That's it's only knock.

    4-moon light greatsword:

    The moonlight greatsword is the most iconic weapon in the souls series that fromsoft make. This weapon is the epitome of one of the pieces that the sorcerer wants. It deals high magic damage,light weight,has S scaling of INT,and it has a magic projectile attack. However the only thing that knocks it down is it only deals magic damage making enemies/bosses that are resist to magic looks invincible against this weapon.

    🥉-flamberge:

    Before the artorias of the abyss dlc, i see players barely use it in pvp since it was overlooked by the claymore,baller swag sword,and other weapons that are common in pvp. But after the dlc,a fair amount of players used it and it was spreading across the community. Even tho the weapon has no thrusting attacks, it makes up for it's fun heavy attack that players likes to use. A curve greatsword like attack just makes the weapon more versatile than the man serpent greatsword.

    🥈-onsidian greatsword:

    This weapon is a power house. It has a whopping of 480 damage when fully upgrade to 5+ with 10 dragon scales,it has a cool two handed AOE attack that can make your opponent guesting if they strafe you with a back stab,it has low stat requirements of 20 str and 16 Dex to wield this legendary sword,and it can be buff making this a way better of the alternative of the dragon greatsword that I mention at number 15. My only gripe with this weapon is the way you get it. You have to cut kalameets tail off which is difficult. But after you cut kalameets tail, you'll be jumping in joy.

    🥇-claymore:

    Can I even explain about this weapon? It deals 400+ damage with the correct str/dex level,has a faster attack than the black knight sword,fast thrusting attack that is perfect for the leo ring,etc. This is the weapon that start the build in PvP/pve. This weapon is so common,that all the builds used it! Str,Dex,faith,int you name it this weapon is also easy to get by simply going to the hellkite bridge. Overall it's innovated,fun to use in pve/PvP,good for any build,and one of my favorite weapons in the game.

    Feew this is a long list😓. I hope you enjoy my ranking and what's your worst or best greatsword,curve greatsword and ultra greatsword in the comments. See you next time😃.

    submitted by /u/raime10345
    [link] [comments]

    An good high SL ng+ pvp areas

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 06:01 PM PST

    Hello I have been playing DSR for a couple of months and are ok at PvE however I have been looking for a place to pvp but can't find a place with anyone to invade where should I try ? SL163 and use a +15 murakumo

    submitted by /u/biggiechese78
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment