• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 7, 2019

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 10:09 PM PST

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve changed my mind on this game

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 05:51 AM PST

    Up until yesterday, I hated this game. Loved 1 and 3, but this game rubbed me the wrong way. The combat felt awful and unreal, the game felt difficult for the sake of it and the bosses had shit hit boxes. Well they still do, but that's not the point. I had nothing else to play with a friend, so I decided to play yesterday.

    The only controller I have that works with a mic does not have an RB button so I had to use my left hand, so I used a sorcery build. For some reason, I just loved it and it's clicked.

    When I get another controller for Christmas, I think I'll use the Sanctum Shield in my offhand and a weapon in the other. Hopefully this will work and I'll be even more versatile as I would have mastered melee and spells on one build. So glad I gave this game another try.

    EDIT: u/nbmtx just pointed out something about the ADP stat which I bet is a reason many of you still dislike this game and think it's trash. I guess it's common knowledge amongst the DS2 community or I've just been living under my DS1 rock. Credit to him for this, I copied it off one of his other comments:

    "super important, the most important, maybe. It determines your iframes via a related stat: Agility. It also speeds up the amount of time it takes to drink estus, which is handy."

    submitted by /u/killerrrrrrrr
    [link] [comments]

    (SotFS XO) Anyone willing to lend me a helpful hand with Sinh, the Slumbering Dragon?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 04:27 AM PST

    Interesting insight on DS2 walking animation

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 03:54 PM PST

    Hello again!

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 07:49 AM PST

    Hi ppl of this wonderful sub! I hope ya'll are doing fine! Your help has been really great for my first playthrough and I highly appreciate it! Today I finished the "main story" of the game and I'm starting the dlcs. First is the sunken king. So any tips and tricks I should know that I may miss? I know that there are these stones that you hit to raise-lower platforms. Any help is greatly welcome!

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    Blue Smelter Demon

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 10:40 AM PST

    wtf is this boss route I cant even make it to the boss i keep getting fucked by those mages that slow u down. this is harder than the boss itself

    submitted by /u/12Kandas
    [link] [comments]

    PC users, does using a Mule mod get you banned?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 07:04 AM PST

    Long time souls console player. Grinded many hours on each game making tons of builds the legit way. I will finally be switching over to the PC.

    My question is, will using a mule mod get me banned? I do not want to cheat in the sense where my character is invincible or anything like that. I would just like to use a mod to get me access to all the items so I do not have to grind all over again. I just want to make builds and jump right into coop/pvp ASAP.

    Thank u

    submitted by /u/boltjamison
    [link] [comments]

    Do the Charred Loyce Knights pre-Ivory King stop respawning like other enemies?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 10:59 AM PST

    I swear, these guys are harder than the boss. Would love to be rid of them at some point.

    submitted by /u/Saffeus
    [link] [comments]

    How do I become a damage sponge?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 02:17 PM PST

    I hate rolling and I love taking damage. What stats, armor and rings do I need?

    submitted by /u/AProfessionalNoob
    [link] [comments]

    How I failed NNN

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 02:07 PM PST

    (Disclaimer-I'm really late on this post, but better late than never) Story time, so on November 30 I decided to go back to the ds2 dlc, particularly the old iron king one. While there, I realised just how much I forget about this place, and before I knew it, I got to the Sir Alonne boss fight. I think we all figured out where this is going. The moment I heard that theme again is I figuratively (and almost literally) creamed my pants with excitement. It took 5 attempts for me to beat him but it was worth it. I can't reccomend that fight/dlc enough.

    Tl/dr: Sir Alonne, best waifu

    submitted by /u/diazantewhite
    [link] [comments]

    Good Stopping Soul Level for PvE?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 06:52 AM PST

    So, just had a lot of fun playing through Bloodborne with various characters stopping at level 120 for PvE. I decided to put a level limit on myself simply to make the characters more distinct, and then play through as much of the game (and it's NG+ cycles) as I could without leveling. Level 120 was the PvP standard, which made it a good level for builds that had time to complete themselves, while still leaving holes in their ability, which made it a good stop point for even PvE. So I figured I'd come back to DS2 for some of that as well, especially since it has the best NG+ (And less time spent grinding in Chalice Dungeons).

    What's the generally accepted PvP level for DS2, then? At what level can a build feel 'complete' while still remaining clearly specialized and distinct from other characters at the same level? I believe it was 150, back in the day, but I could be wrong. Fortunately, unlike Bloodborne I can reset stats, so I don't need to plan an entire build out ahead of time, so I'm fine to just wing it. I plan on playing through with my Sorcerer build with a melee weapon and staff out as my usual gear, and probably go for an early Moonlight Greatsword if I can manage it (or maybe not, Bloodborne spoils you with the best Moonlight Sword, so I might feel a bit let-down there). Lightly armored, highly mobile, quickly adaptable to various ranged as compared to someone who has a shield in their off-hand and switches between melee and staff in their main-hand (though I will keep a light shield ready for off-hand in cases where I need it). I greatly enjoyed that build in the past, and it should be fun to return to it after all these years. But the specifics of that build I can figure out on my own, fine-tuning with a few stat-resets as needed.

    submitted by /u/Sines314
    [link] [comments]

    Order of Availability Challenge Run

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 08:55 AM PST

    Complete Darks Souls 2 Sotfs in order of when Bosses are available to the player.

    Secondly ordered by my enjoyment of said bosses.

    (Feel free to change up the order to your preference.)

    Order:

    The Last Giant, Royal Rat Vanguard, Dragonrider, Scorpioness Najka, 'Graverobber, Varg and Cerah', Old Dragonslayer, 'Elana, the Squalid Queen', The Rotten, Prowling Magus and Congregation, Flexile Sentry, Executioner's Chariot, The Pursuer, Skeleton Lords, Royal Rat Authority, 'Sinh, The Slumbering Dragon', Covetous Demon, Ruin Sentinels, Dukes Dear Freyja, Belfry Gargoyles, 'Mytha, The Baneful Queen', The Lost Sinner, Smelter Demon, Old Iron King, Blue Smelter Demon, Fume Knight, Sir Alonne, Darklurker, Dragonriders, 'Aava, the King's Pet', Looking Glass Knight, 'Lud and Zallen, the King's Pets', Burnt Ivory King, Demon of Song, 'Velstadt, the Royal Aegis', Guardian Dragon, Vendrick, Giant Lord, Ancient Dragon, Throne Defender and Watcher, Nashandra, 'Aldia, Scholar of the First Sin'.

    Technically you can get to the other two DLC's just as quickly as the first (Via the Rotten, and the Cat Ring) but I wanted to space them out at least a little.

    submitted by /u/Copper9000
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you so much McSmelt

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 03:33 PM PST

    I guess some of you already know how this story ends, but nevertheless. I've had a really shitty two weeks with chaos at work. Been exhausted, and the only thing keeping me sane is that I bought Dark Souls 2, trying it for the first time. Every day after work I've been mindlessly slowly chopping away at enemies trying to play my first sorcerer, clawing my way forward inch by grueling inch, just longing to reach a place where I can gain some momentum and start wrecking things. So tonight I was doing that slow grind after a hellish work day when I got invaded, and I just crumbled. I've never been one for PvP, and while I sometimes can enjoy an invasion, this was not one of those times. I got promptly executed. Some time later I got invaded by the same person again, and screamed inside. I usually like to wave or interact before a duel, but this time I just was in a "ok, get on with it" headspace and started shooting my pitiful pea shots at the stranger, doing absolutely no good. And instead of roflstomping me again, he dropped at my feet a +5 level version of the very weapon I was feebly waving at him. And then a max level shield, a thing mind you I've never seen despite hundreds of hours in Soulsborne because I never leveled up my shields. And then another. And rings specifically suited for a mage, a full pile of rings. And this is the exakt reason why I love video games so much, these moments when people do random acts of kindness for strangers, moments when people connect. Thank you u/McSmelt! I am very happy that you gave me gear with which I absolutely wrecked that boss in thirty seconds, and I'm touched that you noticed that I was going for a sorcerer and then choose to give me things for that, making the gifts feel personal. But I'm even more happy that you gave me a freaking awesome Dark Souls memory that I will tell people years from now. This week turned out pretty great after all.

    submitted by /u/TantFuriosa
    [link] [comments]

    Just started, out of heals, do I just need to restart?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 06:46 AM PST

    I have decent souls experience... but this one is killing me.

    I'm in the beginning area. I have half health and no heals. I get 1 shot by everyone.

    Without giving anything away, is there something I should do? Is it best just to restart to get heals for the boss and not have half a health bar? Can you farms heals anywhere? Do I just need to go on a no hit run until I can level up?

    Thanks! Love this community.

    Thanks for helping! Turns out I was too high and totally missed Majula. How does that even happen

    submitted by /u/tharizzle
    [link] [comments]

    Fume knight woes

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 02:21 PM PST

    I have been attempting to beat this boss on and off since 2018 and its almost 2020, recently I got him down to just two hits left. I think this is what going hollow feels like.

    submitted by /u/Ct_DRCarpenter
    [link] [comments]

    Oh this game is soooooo aggravating.... I love it!

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 05:44 PM PST

    Reminds me of when I first played DS3, and man there were so many things I outright hated that became so trivial after about 3 play throughs. Now I'm sitting here in what I think is much cheaper in the way it kills you being irritated by the stupidest things all over again. Glitching through the floor, excessive amounts of ganks, really dumb hit boxes, poison darts that literally can't be avoided... it's so good.

    I'm loving the torch system. The dark is so annoying but giving a way to combat it with a good system behind it makes it more than bearable. Rolling is still choppy but I've learned how to dodge with it, even though sweeps catch me 100% of the time.

    It's also teaching me to be patient all over again. I played Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne so much that I've became quite gung ho about my playstyle. You just can't be like that in this game.

    Overall, I'm really enjoying the experience. It's so irritating, but boy, it's so good.

    submitted by /u/Rabakku--
    [link] [comments]

    What shield/weapon to have in your offhand while two-handing a weapon?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 02:54 PM PST

    In DS1, I always liked two-handing my weapons, and having the Grass Crest Shield on my back for extra stamina regen. Is there a shield or another item that has a passive effect like that?

    submitted by /u/toadwashere
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone having summon issues?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 06:57 PM PST

    On Xbox one, me and my buddy can't seem to summon each other anymore, NAT is open on both end, sign shows up but it ends up saying summon failed the sign has disappeared.

    submitted by /u/Shadowxfox117
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure which build to go with? Any ideas?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 07:54 PM PST

    As my time replaying Dark Souls Remastered is coming to an end, I am preparing to start my Dark Souls 2 replay. I am not sure what build to do and looking for some ideas on something fun that I can take through a few ng+'s. I'm not concerned with Soul Level or PvP for this character.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Gambinoxmhw
    [link] [comments]

    Mage skill investment.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 04:54 PM PST

    Good day all. I haven't played DS2 in some and decided to boot her back up for another fresh run through. I've never played a mage and decided I'm gona go for it. Can someone give me a list of goals I should go for kill wise before I can free dump points. I have skills high enough to wield the flame long sword for primary weapon. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Soviet_Carebear
    [link] [comments]

    Where to go after killing the 2 dragonriders in the room at drangleic?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 04:50 PM PST

    I was watching a walkthrough and i know theres an elevator after that bonefire aftee killing the dual deagonriders but cant get to acticate the elevator to come down and already circled that entire area wit the gargoyle and killed the horse already help pls

    submitted by /u/12Kandas
    [link] [comments]

    Roaring Halberd worth on a Faith build?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 05:20 PM PST

    Sup guys, i'm on my frist playthrough and just found a roaring halberd and love the moveset and design but i'm a little confused on the scalings. I got 28 Faith right now, and use a llightning regular halberd, is it worth to lightning infuse the roaring?

    submitted by /u/lolGroovy
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help me?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 03:23 PM PST

    I'm doing a character to use the fume sword but I don't have experience with this weapon.Can someone tell me the best way to do it?

    submitted by /u/stornluis
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment