• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 29, 2019

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 10:09 PM PST

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Bed of Chaos

    Being Gravelorded in Anor Londo? Died to Bed Of Chaos for the 100th time? Checked your phone for a second, only to run off a cliff and lose your bloodstain?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Mimic Laugh from the Star Wars Holiday Special?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 03:05 PM PST

    So I just watched the Star Wars Holiday Special from 1978, which was pretty much as terrible as everyone says. But, in one scene something stood out to me immediately. Take a listen to this alien noise at 1:14:48 (queued up here: https://youtu.be/6hH8rxarVG8?t=4488)... Listening to that and the mimic laugh (at least from DS3) it sounds exactly the same... so much so that I'd believe it was directly sampled. What do you think? (Apologies if this has been called out before - I was just fascinated.)

    submitted by /u/dangdangrous
    [link] [comments]

    I just wanted to say...

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 05:11 AM PST

    How great of a game ds is. It's helped me through some tough times. My dad died just recently, and it's been hard adjusting to his death. Ive not been myself for some time now and I don't think I ever will be again. But you've got to go on living, or risk going hollow! Which brings me to the apology. I owe this games reddit community an apology. They know what for, or most do. Im sorry. I shouldn't have posted that crap and Ive deleted them too. I felt like keeping them as a reminder of when I'm acting like a fool.

    Anyway. A great game and a great community. Im ducking out for a bit. I won't be posting as much anymore for my sake and yours, but I'll be here. Reading and lurking and still enjoying this masterpiece. There's so much more I could say about this game and how it fits in to life, how it's art to me. How the metaphor of hollowing/depression fits into my life like a missing jigsaw piece. But I won't. ;) I'll shut up.

    Happy new year everybody. Here's to another miserable year on this planet, don't you dare go hollow out there.

    submitted by /u/Stubbornskelly
    [link] [comments]

    When you basically live in Dark Souls

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 11:47 AM PST

    I took some dark souls inspired photos around the area I live in. Sort of as concept art for a souls like game I am designing. Let me know what you think. 💀 http://tombenjah.com/2019/12/24/when-you-basically-live-in-dark-souls/

    submitted by /u/go-postal
    [link] [comments]

    Is Dark Souls your game of the 2010s?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 03:05 PM PST

    I have never

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 05:55 PM PST

    Hated a place as much as I hate New Londo ruins. Finally got the remastered version and all these bullshit ghosts phasing through walls, grabbing you from where you can't see them. And god forbid transient curse last 10 more seconds, so I die to the last one before I climb the ladder going up. I breezed through Sens Fortress only to be greeted by these ghostly nightmares haunting that place. I'm love this game and can't wait to finally have this place click for me.

    submitted by /u/Dandymagic13
    [link] [comments]

    Our Dark Souls journey is over.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 08:38 AM PST

    Today we finally defeated Lord Gwyn and Kindled the final bonfire. I have played the majority of this game with my 6 & 4 yr olds watching and they have loved it. I deliberately let them miss the Catacombs and Gravelord Nito incase they got nightmares, but they watched everything else.

    I had attempted the 4 Kings on my own and lost, but together we triumphed first try. We then made our way to Gwyn, and to complete our story, had Solaire fight with us.

    Now I know most will say I haven't completed it properly if I summoned, but this our story together. Everything that happened was because of me and my kids, and I felt like it was the best way to end the game.

    I'm not going to NG+ yet, maybe move onto a different game for a while and come back later.

    Thank you for all the advice and hints and support, it's been a blast. I loved this game.

    Praise the Sun, and don't you dare go Hollow.

    submitted by /u/Chopper_990
    [link] [comments]

    Havel!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 06:29 PM PST

    Goodbye havel. Thanks for the ring bud! Also, you are so goddamn easy to parry

    submitted by /u/lpt5703
    [link] [comments]

    So i just beat DS1 after quitting the game a few times early on before

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 02:45 AM PST

    The several times i quit DS early on before finishing it this time were mostly because of my bad PC and other random tehnical issues but the one time i got a bit further into the game before quitting was when i got past the taurus demon and got to the blacksmith but i didn't pay attention at all and didn't know that i was supposed to ring the bell so i kept smashing my face into the monster guarding the darkroot gardens and i was neither skilled or well equiped enough for it and after a while i stopped playing the game giving the excuse that playing dark souls felt like playing world of warcraft in a zone 20 levels higher than where you are supposed to be

    This time i started playing the game i had watched some videos about it and knew a lot more about what the hell i'm supposed to do and also i saw where i could get the zweihander which i used for 70% of the game and i had fun with it but one of the problems of using the zweihander exclusively was the big ass mob of zombies right before the gargoyles that took too much time to kill or was too risky to try and run past the and with the problem that i was still very trash at the game i had to attempt the gargoyles more than 10 times, maybe more can't remember

    As for the second bell i spent like 60% of my time trying to get to it in the depths because i was hopelessly lost. As for blight town i didn't have the crazy fps issues i had heard about and didn't really find it as horrible as some describe it even though i did die more that 20 times there partly because i missed the bonfire at the bottom of blighttown. Quelaag was a fun boss that didn't take too many tries.

    Sen's fortress in hindsight was great but i hated it because i both missed the bonfire AND the shortcut so i had to run from the blacksmith to the boss arena every time and the biggest problem wasn't even the boss but my lack of patiance for the swinging axes. the boss was quite easy tho, died 7 times to it and 5 of those deaths were me falling to my death because i wasn't paying attention where i was dodging and only 2 were because the boss actually killed me.

    Anor londo was very pretty, i died climbing the beams with the painting guardians like 10 times till i got past it. about the archer knights on the wall i did like that it was another berserk reference but i didn't think it was worth it as it violated several of my human rights. Ornstein and smaug were great but i didn't find them as difficult as i was expecting to from what i have heard of them. Also went to the painting world but honestly i didn't find it that fun so not much to say there.

    The first lord soul i went to get was seeth and i didn't like the dukes archives or the crystal cave and the bossfight was an annoying juggling of attacking him and backing off to see what the hell he is about to do so i could dodge him.

    The second was going to lost izaleth. The discharge boss was really east and i killed it first try taking damage only once, the second boss you fight (forgot the game) that you get the lava ring from was trash, i couldn't get to it and dodged for a full minute and than basically killed it in 5 seconds once it got close enough. The bed of chaos was actually REALLY easy for me took me 3 tries to kill it, first try i got the left side second i got into the arena and a part of the floor crumbled bellow me midjump so i died doing nothing and the third i got the right side and got to the core from there and finished it off. I'm very sure i RNGd very hard on the boss because i don't believe i am amazing at the game and the hatered is so spread out among the community

    Now the other two lord souls...OH BOY! i generally dislike dark areas so i was not fond of the catacombs and new londo ruins but i am also claustrophobic and the extreme darkness in the tombs of giants had me on the edge and running around like a headless chicken trying to brute force my way through the zone to the boss because i didn't want to stay any second longer and eventually i got to nito who was good not much to say was just glad to be done with the darkness and then came the four kings oh man. The fight was a piss easy joke but the problem was the complete black darkness that had me on the edge of a panic attack the whole time and i suppose that says lots about the difficulty of the fight that i was able to first time it while panicking the whole time. the abyss from the DLC also sucked ass for the same reason.

    So yeah after the lords i went around and cleared the optional zones i had missed and they were fine not much to say again and also did artorias dlc. The artorias fight was very fun but only took me 2 tries and i first timed the dragon and then came manus, first of all the abyss was dark as fuck and i hated that but also manus was brutal and destroyed my ass. I think i atemped him 15 or 20 times and at first i couldn't even see where in between his attacks i could get in any damage and i hated the fight very much but after an entire hour of getting smashed i managed to learn the timing on most of his attacks and heal through the ones i still couldn't get right and managed to beat him and now i thing i kind of like the fight.

    After getting done with the optional stuff i went to the kiln of the first flame and i was cool how the only enemies there were black knights, the guys who were so hard at the start but are now so easy regardless of what gear. As for gwyn the fight was very easy i first timed it but it was quite fun and the music gave me some harcore anime vibes and i loved it.

    So yeah great game 4/10 too much darkness

    submitted by /u/EnoMagla
    [link] [comments]

    Am I underpowered?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 02:39 AM PST

    I've just defeated Quelaag and have gotten to Sen's Fortress and am doing around 50 damage to the snake mutants. My current load out is Thief Hood, everything else leather +1, Astoras Shortsword +3/4, Knight Shield, Pyromancy Flame +7, Fire Orb. Does this seem underpowered to anyone? Also my level is around the 40-50s. Highest stat is dex at 23. If it does seem underpowered, can someone suggest anything?

    submitted by /u/MadMichael72
    [link] [comments]

    Does any one else invade, just to end up letting them win?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 06:03 PM PST

    I spend a lot of time building all kinds of characters and grinding out low level builds for the parish and depths, and most of the time if the players new or under equipped I swap to a level one longsword and just let them earn a kill. My ego takes a lump at the loss, but I just keep wanting the people I invade to win. Unless they're in good gear than it's on

    submitted by /u/ecvdingo
    [link] [comments]

    First time going through Sen’s Funhouse, wish me luck boys

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 09:50 PM PST

    Siegmeyer betrayed me

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 07:12 AM PST

    In the fight against chaos demons in lost izalith he backstabbed me, he didn't hurt me phisicaly, but yes emotionally

    submitted by /u/theKGB325
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls remastered anyone got any good farming spots?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 05:38 PM PST

    im fighting the 4 kings and i feel like i could be a higher level cuz im not doing much damage so i was thinking of farming anyone now any good spots that are BEFORE the 4 kings.

    submitted by /u/Max-t47
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a glitch?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 07:30 PM PST

    I'm playing dsr and I don't remember this happening. When I turn my character towards the camera he stops running and slows to a crawl, but not always. I don't remember this being a thing, any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/thatweirdshyguy
    [link] [comments]

    Where do I go?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 07:14 PM PST

    So I'm on my first playthrough of DSR having fun swinging my claymore like a madman and so far I've killed asylum demon, Taurus demon, bell gargoyles, moonlight butterfly, and Capra demon. Where do I go now?

    submitted by /u/lpt5703
    [link] [comments]

    Some people think Dark Souls is my favorite game, those people will be correct.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 01:57 PM PST

    My Dark Souls 1 collection

    I have all the achievements on the 360, PC GFWL, Steam, and Remastered Steam. I'm actually a little happy switch doesn't have achievements so I can just relax and play the game. Also the switch pro controller feels pretty good, I like the big buttons and the D-Pad feels nice, probably my second favorite controller behind the 360.

    submitted by /u/LethalButters
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you Mao

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 05:23 PM PST

    Just wanted to say thank you to the player named Mao, you helped me kill O&S tight before I was about to rage quit, thank you good sir

    submitted by /u/Hypotenuse27
    [link] [comments]

    Explaining Farming to my gf! (Farming spots)

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 10:52 PM PST

    After I get the lord vessel, I always go back to Anor Londo 1st bonfire wearing only a loin cloth and farm the 6 giant knights there with a plate of vegan cheese and 100's of poison arrows. I have a switch now so I can play in bed. My gf always says "wtf are you doing?" So I tried to explain (She then asked "what a cheese strat is?")

    It takes 3 arrows each knight and fills in the chill portion of my netflix n chill.

    What is your favourite place to farm?

    submitted by /u/shaneskery
    [link] [comments]

    What now?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 05:11 PM PST

    Just rang the first bell at the abandoned church and and have been wandering around New Londo. Where do I go from here or any suggestions for a new player?

    submitted by /u/ZeemTheDream
    [link] [comments]

    Very large ember

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 03:44 AM PST

    I realised last night that you can see the chest containing the very large ember when coming to the first fog gate in New Londo.

    Interesting.

    submitted by /u/nakrophile
    [link] [comments]

    What do i do?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 09:14 PM PST

    So im in the Depths where the butchers are and im stuck to where to go next. Does anyone have any tips to go next?

    submitted by /u/Not_Elon21
    [link] [comments]

    Dragonslayer Spear Build Advice

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 03:06 AM PST

    Hey,

    Looking for advice on a build focusing on the Dragonslayer Spear. Im following a Ornstein Build ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w07xr6posGA ). Mostly interested in PVE, but also want a somewhat reliable PVP build.

    Vit: 42, Att: 14, End: 38, Str: 24, Dex: 34, Res: 11, Int: 9, Fth: 30

    Spells: Great Lightning Spear, Wrath of the Gods, Great Magic Barrier

    From what I have read, The Dragonslayer Spear is not the best, so I was wondering what other weapons would function well with the above stats. I am open to change the above stats, as long as it is not too drastic. Preferably not a spear for diversity, and maybe a weapon that could do fire damage to cover fire weaknesses, whether it be through the fire upgrade or the weapons nature, as well as a straight physical weapon.

    Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks Crimson

    submitted by /u/CrimsonKnight166
    [link] [comments]

    I have a confession to make

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 03:05 AM PST

    Yesterday I was playing on NG+2. I killed manus, first try. However, I proceeded to die to pinwheel twice! I got overwhelmed and the clones one shotted me. I am so dissapointed...

    submitted by /u/TheBloatingofIsaac
    [link] [comments]

    Why would they make the Great Club better than the Dragon Tooth?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 05:11 PM PST

    So after I read about how a +15 Great Club beats out the Dragon Tooth in every way, I decided to give it a go. And yeah, after getting the GC to plus 15, it completely puts the DT to shame, with its 668 DPS as opposed to the DTs 592.

    It's a real shame too, because I really wanted to go full Havel build, but now instead of the cool and intimidating looking Dragon Tooth, I'm stuck with an ugly, brown, crude-looking hunk of wood.

    Why would they do this? Isn't the Dragon Tooth supposed to be one of the most powerful weapons in DS according to lore? So why is it beaten out by a chunk of tree?

    submitted by /u/BossCrazyRoss
    [link] [comments]

    How to avoid players in Oolacile Township?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 03:05 PM PST

    I'm using the Red Soap Stone to farm Humanity and have some fun PVPing. There's a particular person who keeps summoning me. He has a friend and they both tag team me whenever I get summoned. I resorted to running deeper into the Township to seperate them. The summoner began messaging me salty remarks. At one point, they got invaded after summoning me. The Summoner got killed and he sent me salty messages again telling me to git gud.

    The point is, is there a way to stop them from summoning me? Or will I just have to Git Gud?

    submitted by /u/Makana149
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment