• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 28, 2019

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 10:09 PM PST

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I beat vendrick first try on my sorcerer build!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 05:02 AM PST

    I know it's not that much but I'm happy and thought I'd share

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    Killed the dragon at the Cathedral of Blue

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 07:54 AM PST

    Finally killed the bastard, gave me a lot of trouble and made me lose a lot of souls, but atleast I got a cool shield for it! https://imgur.com/a/IJsBe5U now to kill the actual boss that lies in the cathedral, whatever it might be!

    submitted by /u/greempancake
    [link] [comments]

    Help

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 10:29 AM PST

    I need help with the old ivory King. Also, I used a humanity but I can't find the twiggy shei summon sign anywhere. I am using a lightning scythe +10, and I'm a dark build

    submitted by /u/Lord_Sneck
    [link] [comments]

    The Mandalorian Build

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 09:51 AM PST

    Hey all,

    So I've been on a bit of a Star Wars craze because of a particular show on Disney plus which led to to think whether this was possible on this game. So far I've thought of the following, and any input will be greatly appreciated :D

    Note: I'm going for more of a medieval adaptation of The Mandalorian, over a direct cosplay

    Head: Faraam's Helm (Like duh, this helmet is literally perfect)

    Torso: Drangleic Mail (I know the cape is the wrong color, but the llewellyn set was too furry)

    Hands: King's Gauntlets

    Legs: Varangian Leggings

    Left Hand: Pyromancy Flame (flamethrower), Heavy Crossbow, Dragon Chime (hear me out, look a the spells section)

    Right Hand: Puzzling Stone Sword (closest thing in the game to the grappling hook), Sanctum Repeating Crossbow/Avelyn (blaster), Dagger of choice (VIbroblade)

    Spells: Fire Whip, Combustion (flamethrower), Wrath of the Gods (Hear me out, but this is the closes I could think of for the whistling birds).

    Well that's all I got, and as I said any input will be appreciated :D

    ~Josh

    submitted by /u/JoshThePleb
    [link] [comments]

    Technical problems with SOTFS

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 08:33 AM PST

    Whenever I open DS2SOTFS, the screen stays white, then crashes. Help?

    submitted by /u/LunaTheOne
    [link] [comments]

    Where’s Dark Souls 2 on the 360?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 08:19 AM PST

    I can't find it on the marketplace. It didn't show up when I typed it in. Was it taken off the marketplace?

    submitted by /u/soulsurviv0r111
    [link] [comments]

    When should I take on heide's tower of flame?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 09:11 AM PST

    Soits my first time through the game and when I first went to heides tower of flame (at like level 13 or something) I got absolutely destroyed by the big stone knights there. So I went all the way through the forest of fallen Giants instead, and then through the list Bastille and then sinners rise where I killed the lost sinner. Definitely a difficulty spike buts it's dark souls so I didn't question it. In like level 60 now am I a high enough level to take on heide's tower of flame yet?

    submitted by /u/Stuffssss
    [link] [comments]

    Best experience when the game said "f*ck you" to you?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 12:46 PM PST

    Title says it all.

    I can start with my personal experience that just occurred. I was fighting Elanna and she summoned 3 Vedstalds back to back. I managed to kill 2 but since I was running out of casts I focused on her and let the 3rd one chase me around

    Would love to hear your experiences

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    1st Playthrough Blues

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 11:59 AM PST

    Story Time!

    Made it to earthen peak trying to 100% as my first playthrough for achievements and had been successful so far, at the time I was working on Lucatiel's storyline and went afk next to her for 5 min to use the restroom, unknown to me my brother went into my room and slaughtered her and didn't tell me till the next day when I was trying to find her in the next location.

    I've never beaten the game because of that since I get pissed thinking about it when I load the game only making it as far as watching hollowed vendrick walking around reminding me of how I felt

    submitted by /u/ACGamer7879
    [link] [comments]

    OK a question that I had since I started playing as a sorcerer

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 12:00 AM PST

    My main sorcery casting staff is the staff of wisdom. I just got crystal magic weapon and I have to put a staff at my off hand in order to infuse the weapon in my main hand. My question is:does it matter what staff I have at my off hand?

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    Where would i farm souls?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 11:17 AM PST

    So ive started playing ds2 since yesterday and im low on souls so i need a good spot to train. Also is there a place to sell items?

    submitted by /u/Jevilson
    [link] [comments]

    To buy or not to buy

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 11:05 AM PST

    Being the only DS I haven't played, I've been wondering whether I should but DS2 or not. A friend of mine says he couldn't play it because it was so awful, and the critics say it defenetly has big flaws. I like the saga and I find a few problems but nothing that would stop me from playing. I know that I should care only if I like itx I'm just asking if someone could explain to me be flaws and qualities of the game. Thx

    submitted by /u/Holy_Ravioli_
    [link] [comments]

    How does magic weapon etc work ?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 04:49 AM PST

    I'm doing a sorcery build, my first kind of magic build in any souls game. Plus I had lost my save so I'm playing through it.

    However when I was fighting Mytha, I found that I was doing more damage unbuffed ? However it could of just not been paying more attention.

    Does buffing my weapon just get rid of my dex scaling and add/use magic ??

    submitted by /u/JustADudewithBalls
    [link] [comments]

    Pursuer is KILLING me. How do i summon help?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 10:13 AM PST

    Kicked ass out Dark Souls 1 many times and I am new to Dark Souls 2, thought it would be a walk in the park

    But the Pursuer is beating the shit out of me. I read all the tricks to defeat him yet i'm getting tired and want to move on but can't beat him.

    How do I summon someone to help me out?

    Here is what I know :

    Need to play online ( i do see messages on the floor) Need whitesoap stone (did get it from the NPC)

    I saw the summon sign for the giant, but i dont see any for the Pursuer??

    Do i have to be part of a covenant? About Soul Memory, is there a maximum past which you wont be able to summon help for a boss in a specific area?

    I started 3 games and reached the Pursuer near bastille at 20k,30k and 40k Soul Memory but still i do not see any summon sign.

    Im about to restart a game as sorcerer so I can try to beat him using ranged magic but would like to keep the characters i have so far

    So what I am missing?

    submitted by /u/sabrosafb
    [link] [comments]

    Any assistance?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 09:37 AM PST

    Hey im looking to help someone go through ds2( not scholar) after i get my build set up, just respond to this post where you are at, i should put down a soapstone.

    submitted by /u/StaleMemes25
    [link] [comments]

    Avoid invaders

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 03:31 AM PST

    Is there a way to play offline or a way to not get invaded? I'm on my first play through and want to enjoy the story without getting invaded.

    submitted by /u/Pac161
    [link] [comments]

    Help with dex build

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 08:23 AM PST

    I just beat DS2 Sotfs with a greatsword and I want to start a char with high stack speed a damage. I thought katanas were a good option, but they are so slow. Can you recommend me a good early weapon for a dex build with high as and ar and some endgame weapons to aim for? I could play an enchanter/hybrid char too. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/bloodtango
    [link] [comments]

    Beating Darklurker on NG+ using Fists Only (1 hour, 18 minutes fight)

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 08:23 PM PST

    Video

    A kill I wanted to do, it was tough to survive the whole stuff that can happen on second phase, specially when they go through laser and other magic shit combination that can really catch me off guard, but it was fun nonetheless. Pretty much showcases phase 2 for a long time, and I still miss some punches here and there due to me being a bit of a dumbass.

    submitted by /u/numbandroid
    [link] [comments]

    Fast way going through NG++

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 04:26 AM PST

    Nearly done my first NG+ but farming the rotten was really difficult the last few times were really hard, since my UGS was only doing 600-700 a hit and most attacks nearly one shot me (big aoe one shotting me entirely). So is the only option other than rotten farming doing it normally? Or is there several other easy to access bosses I can farm at lower bonfire levels that I can alternate between until the boss becomes too strong.

    submitted by /u/Fresded4ty
    [link] [comments]

    [XB1] Need a summon on Sir Alonne

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 02:08 AM PST

    Help me please

    submitted by /u/Rexiciao
    [link] [comments]

    Some good armor suggestions that would benefit a sorcerer please

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 07:12 AM PST

    So my current look is based around using the hexer's hood and the Lion mage set in order to complement my build. But I beat the game today and I honestly started to get bored of my look. What armor would you recommend to use for chest, arms and feet(I don't plan on removing the hexer's hood, I need them extra casts) that would work for a spellcaster

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone want to try the build i made? I can't myself

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 06:55 AM PST

    I madea build i think may be nice to play, maybe someone without ideas that wants to try my build, i can't play myself because i don't have a PC or console (iugh, consoles) and want to know if it's good. Im so bored right now without PC qwq

    • https://soulsplanner.com/darksouls2/7645 here is the build, it's not something too hard, depends on drop rates of Shadows and Varangians in warf, keep in mind that dark orb is not necessary, only dark weapon for dagger infussion. Maybe more copies of dark weapon are a better choice, or dark pine resin when you reach Agdayne, the staff can be any staff but i like black witch staff for some reason.
    submitted by /u/LioMurasaki
    [link] [comments]

    [help][ds2sotfs][PS4] horse

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 02:13 AM PST

    Working through my first playthrough, and I'm at the horse. Could use some help. If you want to stick around I wouldn't mind that either.

    submitted by /u/Spawnsos
    [link] [comments]

    Is SOTFS still played on PS4?.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 04:47 PM PST

    Wanted to buy it and get a break from DKS3 PVP. How is player activity on PS4?. And mostly important, what is the meta level there?. When should I use the Agape Ring?. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Exiliavan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment