• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 28, 2019

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 10:08 PM PST

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Drew the warrior class from DS1

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 03:39 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/zQWNyQ1

    He has a dagger because I messed up the hand, lol. Praise the sun :)

    submitted by /u/makeartnstuff
    [link] [comments]

    Im Hollow - No Eyes of Ephemeral, No Effigies, No Humanities and No Embers Left...Just An Aimless Hollow Now

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 09:08 PM PST

    I just have finally reached the true end of Dark Souls. Not the one where I bludgeon Slave Knight Gael or Usurp the Fire but the one where there really is nothing left to fight for. The wonder, mystery and climb of adversity has truly come full circle and it was just a dead end all along. I know longer have road to tread and i've withered away from hunger. Hunger for more Soulsborne, the REAL Soulsborne that NO Souls like could ever be. But it is no more and journey +5 per every life within each Souls game has run it's course. I no longer feel the fire buuuurrrnnn as my dark soul is without flame. I am just a hollow aimless and without a reason......

    Another words, I PLAYED EVERY SINGLE SOULS GAME AND ANYTHING REMOTELY CLOSE TO IT 1,000 TIMES OVER AND I JUST HAVE NOTHING LEFT TO PLAY THAT I HAVENT ALREADY SEEN A MILLION TIMES NOW AND NOTHING EVER NEVER EVER FILLS THAT GAPING PIT SOULSBORNE LEFT ME...WTF DO I DO!!?? ooooooohhhhhh elden, does one not cometh fast enough!!

    submitted by /u/YourCousinVinny2254
    [link] [comments]

    The Complete Canonical Story of The Dark Souls Trilogy is ready.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 11:16 AM PST

    https://youtu.be/VSseYSBUyAU

    This is a collab of almost all Dark Souls youtubers made by The Ashen Hollow.

    Credit to him and the youtubers.

    submitted by /u/PersonalIndividual
    [link] [comments]

    I can't stop quitting after a death

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 12:41 AM PST

    I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Every time I die in Dark souls, I HAVE TO RESTART THE GAME.

    It doesn't matter if it's DS1, or SOTFS.. If I die, I restart.

    This has been happening for 3 years now.....

    I've been playing Dark Souls since 2013. Since 2016, I cannot help but restart every time I die.

    In Summation: Every time I die, I have to restart. I have never completed DS1, but I've beaten DS2 SOTFS several times (without dying, years ago. now that i restart every death, i haven't beaten it since 2016.).

    I need help.

    PLEASE HELP ME BREAK THIS CURSE. FOR SOME REASON, I FEEL LIKE I HAVE TO DEFEAT SMOGH AND ORNSTEIN WITHOUT DYING TO CONTINUE. IN SCHOLAR OF THE FIRST SIN, I FEEL LIKE I HAVE TO DEFEAT THE LOST SINNER WITHOUT DYING. I HAEN'T BEEN ABLE TO DO THIS IN 5 YEARS. HELP ME BEFORE I FREAKING GO CRAZY!!!!!!!!

    submitted by /u/TheDavid17
    [link] [comments]

    my first experience

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 06:01 AM PST

    I just beat lord Gwyn and finished the game as my first soulsborne experience ever. I am literally shocked about how unexpectedly (for me) fantastic this game was. I started the game with this pre-thought that these are all overrated games and their fans are exaggerating it. Now I'm saying that Miyazaki and his soulsborne series are actually underrated.

    this game felt like that ordinary-looking restaurant in a corner of the city that you don't expect much from it and have no idea you are about to eat one of the most delicious meals of your life in it.

    submitted by /u/reza_lotfi
    [link] [comments]

    Falling Snake people

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 05:22 PM PST

    Hello Dark Souls community,

    Is it just me that gets so much enjoyment out of watching the snake people in Sen's Fortress get hit by the axe traps? It's so funny because they when I hit them with my bow and arrow and then they try to run towards me and they get hit by an axe trap. The funny part is how hard they try to get to me and then they just get by an axe. Then you just see there body fall and hit the ground like "nope not today snake man, not today".

    I just started my first run through of dark souls remastered and so far I am really enjoying the game.

    submitted by /u/purpleknight12
    [link] [comments]

    Why even keep the fires lit?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 03:19 AM PST

    noob to the lore here so if this sounds dumb i apologize, but why keep the fires lit? the age of dark seems to be a natural progression of the world, and keeping the fires lit doesnt exactly seem to be helping much anymore, so wouldn't ushering in the Age of dark be good for the world?

    submitted by /u/The-Grand-Yeet
    [link] [comments]

    SL1 Complete (For L3gitz)

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 04:26 PM PST

    Proof
    I did it, about 2 weeks ago I beat Dark Soul at SL1 for real. Pyromancer and all. I even did it without Mask of the Mother or Ring of Favor and Protection. I did it with +5 Catarina, Havel's, Ring of Steel Protection., +5 Lightning Battle Ax, +13 Balder Shield. I found pyromancy less useful than expected, but overall, I found it easier to slam a battle ax into something than render myself defenseless while I used a limited use pyromancy. I kept a boss death table:

    Asylum Demon: 0

    Taurus Demon: 0

    Bell Gargoyles: 1

    Moonlight Butterfly: 1

    Chaos Witch Quelaag: 6 (Fuck everything nonphysical, so many near wins ended by an AOE I could not escape)

    Iron Golem: 0 (But he killed Tarkus via yeet)

    Milk n Cookies 22

    Pinwheel: First rule of Pinwheel

    Sif: 3

    Ceaseless Discharge: 2

    Bed of Bullshit: 4 (all in the final phase cuz I'm a chump)

    Seath: 0

    Ntio: 0

    4 Kings: 5

    Gwyn: 0

    Would do again. Contemplating new challenge runs. Thought of a Super Mario Bros run. 3 lives (humanities) per zone. Apart from what you get from harvesting the enemies, that's all you get. Die thrice anywhere, game over.

    submitted by /u/762Rifleman
    [link] [comments]

    im new to this game but

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 12:13 AM PST

    i accidentally attacked an undead npc who seems to be friendly he got katana and tried to whack me back i tried to bonfire and comeback but hes still hostile so i killed him should i restart my game?

    i got uchigatana on him

    submitted by /u/kuronelius
    [link] [comments]

    My only complaint with the Dark Souls DLC

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 11:39 PM PST

    The Royal Forest section lasts too long and is repetitive. Compare it to the Undead Burg. The Burg has many similar enemies yet as you continue through it changes more and more. It never feels repetitive to go through this area. The Royal Woods? Litterally the same two types of enemies the entire time (technically three but the Scarecrows types mean little). I found it to be more rewarding and practical to simply run past everything and grab stuff as you go.

    submitted by /u/SneakyHuntingHT
    [link] [comments]

    Prowling demons in Sen's Fortress

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 01:47 AM PST

    Hello everyone! I am currently in Sen's and I have difficulty with the prowling demons! O have beaten the game before and now I'm playing again with some restrictions! I can't use a bow and I am not upgrading my vitality at all! I'm SL56 with 40 dex and 10 vitality 26 endurance and I use +10 uchigatana! I am getting my ass handed to me by these guys! I know if I get the rusted iron ring it would make things easier because I haven't been back to the asylum at the moment but I don't want to admit defeat! I just want to know if any you have managed to beat them in melee and no rusted iron ring? Can you poison them if i use a rotten pine resin or something? The wiki says they are very resistant to poison! Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

    submitted by /u/ShinobiWolf24
    [link] [comments]

    To remove a curse

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 07:17 PM PST

    So I'm in the depths and I was running through a hallway and I fell through a hole with some creatures with huge orange eyes that would release gas. I died down there through a curse. What do I do? Am I on the right path to blightown? I just killed the capra demon.

    submitted by /u/The_Hunter127
    [link] [comments]

    Help with monk build

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 04:05 AM PST

    Hi everyone, I've been trying to do a clerk build with lots of faith and stamina because I want to eventually look like a crusader in heavy armour. I'm currently at gargoyles but I have a really hard time since my only spells are cure and force field, it's like they're useless and I have to rely only on my mace which isn't really that powerful since I didn't up str.

    Do any of you already did this kind of build, if yes will there be a time where I can rely more on my spells/armies like I want to do ? Or should I go classic way with str vita stats ?

    submitted by /u/Choupx
    [link] [comments]

    To my invader:

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 11:58 AM PST

    Dear humungus, my invader, I have no idea what you were trying to help me with by rolling around on a wall, but thank you. You will be remembered.

    submitted by /u/Link055
    [link] [comments]

    Cheesiest farming strat ever

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 07:52 PM PST

    Gotta say, out of all farming strategies in the game, the most effective one has to be the cat covenant. I joined the covenant, fought a couple pvp battles, then went afk for about three hours while off doing something else. Came back to my character with ~200k souls. Looks like I'm gonna be overpowered as fuck when I take on blighttown and anor londo. (Went to darkroot immediately after ringing the first bell.)

    submitted by /u/MyManFrand
    [link] [comments]

    New player here! Any tips?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 09:17 PM PST

    New player and I've chosen to play as a pyromancer, currently in undead burg and am having trouble with the black knight. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/dompizzachecker
    [link] [comments]

    I have some questions

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 03:14 AM PST

    Hello everyone next month my dad is coming and he is gonna bring a copy of dark souls for me . I have pretty much spoiled the game for myself I have seen every boss but haven't seen the ending yet I was so intrigued that I wanted to try this game but I have some questions that I need the answer too

    1)i am going with a strength build but I don't know what good strength weapons are in dark souls Cuz my last experience with strength weapons was in bloodborne and there was a good amount of weapons to choose from but when I saw that dark souls had a shit Ton of weapons I was overwhelmed so If u can tell me a good strength weapon to keep my eye out on it during my play through I would be thankful

    2)when is the best time to do the dlc ?

    3)is getting the master key on my first play through a good thing ?

    4)i see people saying that resistance is the most important stat to spend souls on and the other say it's not that good ?

    5)finally is the platinum trophy for dark souls easier or harder than bloodbornes?

    And thanks and I am sorry if I wrote too much

    submitted by /u/alisaleh1234
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best weapons and armour sets in your opinion?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 11:09 PM PST

    I want to know what yall think is the best amour and weapon sets. I know there is no right answer but what yall think?

    submitted by /u/uhBraylon
    [link] [comments]

    Help

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 08:14 PM PST

    So I'm a knight and got a claymore to +5 and and just killed the hydra, I'm wondering whether I should get divine on it or try and get a large titanite shard and get it to +10 I'm new to the game and love plz help

    submitted by /u/SkirtNinja
    [link] [comments]

    Available to Summon

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 02:08 AM PST

    Greetings r/darksouls! I've been playing the game for a while now (currently at level 103), but I've only just got Xbox Live Gold, so I can finally do the whole online thing. I'm happy to help anyone out if they're stuck anywhere, just let me know and I'll stick my summon sign down!

    EDIT: I should probably point out that I'm playing the Prepare To Die Edition for 360 (albeit on XBOne)

    submitted by /u/Marm8
    [link] [comments]

    Blight town problems

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 06:12 PM PST

    Blight town is so annoying. I've been cruising well enough through the levels (except The Depths, rip my life) and now blight town is destroying me. Any tips on how to make it more bearable here. It's not the enemies that keep destroying me, it's the goddam poison at the bottom. Is there anything that can stop the poison completely?

    submitted by /u/buckeye62303
    [link] [comments]

    At what point is the Skull Lantern not required?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 01:29 AM PST

    I'm looking to trade it for the Fog Ring with Snuggly. Just to clarify I can't do it via the covenant because I don't have the Nintendo Online thing.

    submitted by /u/MadMichael72
    [link] [comments]

    Explaination

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 01:20 AM PST

    In the last gather 'round the bonfire post I saw that people who have at least 10 karma can help building the wiki. How can I help?

    submitted by /u/Hiroshij7_3439
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment