• Breaking News

    Friday, December 27, 2019

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 10:10 PM PST

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The Complete Canonical Story of the Dark Souls Trilogy is ready.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 09:35 AM PST

    https://youtu.be/VSseYSBUyAU

    This is a Youtube collab of almost all Dark Souls youtubers made by The Ashen Hollow.

    Credit to them and the youtubers.

    submitted by /u/PersonalIndividual
    [link] [comments]

    I beat The Pursuer on my first attempt!

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 01:00 AM PST

    So as my post says, I beat the pursuer on my first attempt when he attacks you at the cardinal tower I think it's called? Here's a screenshot https://imgur.com/juDnC6Q I took of it quickly when I got the kill, I don't really have anything more to say, just wanted to share this

    submitted by /u/greempancake
    [link] [comments]

    The handling of attunement is great in this game

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 04:22 AM PST

    Although I have recently bought DS3, I haven't tried a magic build because I've heard about how magic is terrible in it. So keep that in mind as a preface. I am also writing this having only played the SoTFS version of the game.

    In DS1, attunement was just for getting spell slots, it might as well only have less than half the possible amount of levels because attunement only has any benefit after level 10, and after that it only had effect when it was levelled to a multiple of two, it was a boring skill that only served the player up to when they were satisfied with their amount of spell slots.

    DS1 was also restricting in that to increase your cast speed you had to level your dexterity pretty high. This meant that players who wanted to do a good spell casting build had to focus their attention on dexterity for melee.

    DS2 solves both of these issues: It has some kind of effect at every level, be that increasing agility, cast speed, or attunement slots, no level felt wasted.

    That part about agility also really matters as agility is the king of dark souls 2, it heightens the player reward for levelling attunement while still rewarding levelling ADP as it levels faster with ADP.

    tl;dr Having valuable bonuses at every level and broadening the variety for magic builds makes attunement great in DS2, or at least in SoTFS.

    submitted by /u/starchiarchi
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 is the only game of the series with a good equipload system

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 07:48 AM PST

    I hate equipload in Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1 and Dark Souls 3, it's just way too polarized imo. Let me explain my thoughts :

    Demon's Souls : There is only one cap, it's 50%. If you're under that stat, you fast roll and the game is playable, over than 50%, you fat roll and the game is unplayable. There's no interest of having any other equipload percentage than 49,9%. Moreoever, Items Burden is the worst stat in any Souls game, even ADP is better. You litterally spend your time managing your stuff in the Nexus if you want to be able to grap new items.

    DS1 : You want to be under 25% for you roll to be effective, mid roll is really bad in this game. Havel ring and Fap ring are almost required if you want to wear any heavy armor and still being able to roll correctly. It's not the worst, because there are some intermediate caps, but it's still annoying.

    DS3 : There's no interesting in being at any other point than 29.9 or 69.9% equipload, there is only 2 break points. Mid roll is not terrible, but some enemies are so fast that you need to anticipate A LOT to avoid them because the mid roll take more time to start when you press the button. Example : Friede's phase 3 with more than 30% equipload is a pain in the ass.

    On the other part, Dark Souls 2 has only one cap at 70% in terms of rolling, it's high enough to allow the player to wear some heavy stuff without investing too much levels into Vitality. However, decreasing equipload proportionnally improves your stamina consumption and the lenght of your roll. Consequently, every level into Vitality is useful, you don't have to invest like 10 or 15 points to be able to wear the stuffs you want to wear with a fast roll like you do in the other games. If you have a lot of Endurance, a greater stamina consumption can be a deal. It just feels better balanced and more natural and realistic. Wearing a heavier ring and becoming a fat ass in the other games is just so dumb. And there's no super broken items to increase you maximum equipload but you can stack several items to improve your rolling a little bit, like the Soldier's ring, the Aurous set or the mask of the Lost Sinner, which is great. No super OP Havel Ring or anything like that.

    submitted by /u/Diossounet
    [link] [comments]

    Hello

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 09:30 AM PST

    So for christmas my sister gifted me dark souls 2 metal cover so i guess im apart of this community now.

    submitted by /u/Jevilson
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat the pursuer! I need to thank the player "lol" for answering my summon (i hope he sees this)

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 03:46 PM PST

    Edit: nvm i just died to a copy of him in another area and i lost 1700 souls :(

    submitted by /u/TrollGoat_Hs
    [link] [comments]

    The moment that scarred me most playing dark souls 2(and I think many can relate)

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 10:17 AM PST

    It has to be the moment you come face to face with Vendrick) or what's left of him).

    Lemme express my thoughts properly;you just beat Vedstald, one of the king's most loyal and strongest knight who swore to protect and blindly follow him anywhere,and a kinda hard fight. After that you walk down the stairs expecting to fight the almighty king, the one Vedstald was protecting. And what you are greeted with is just shocking... You find just a giant creature, who has gone completely hollow, mindlessly going circles around the small room. In the end of the room there are left over armor. If you are like me and don't pay much attention, do to being shocked from the unexpected sight(plus that epic fucking theme that plays once you go down the stairs) after you grab the ring, you just snad the re for a second; king's ring . Then you take a closer look to the hollow and notice a crown and you realize this IS the king! King Vendrick himself! The most fearsome king, the strongest there ever was, the man who achieved so many, the man who has been constantly mentioned to you from the beginning, foreshadowing your inevitable battle, that man has fully succumbed to the undead curse and his mistakes costed him not only his mind but his humanity as well. Wearing only rugs and mindlessly walking around the room not reacting to anything or anyone

    This moment will forever be within my brain as one of the most epic and sad gaming moments ever, not only in souls series but I bgaming history in general, at least for me

    I'll never forget the first message that appears before you go down the stairs "sadness ahead.." Sadness indeed..

    I'd love to hear your thoughts on this one

    I will also mark it as spoilers for those who play the game for the first time

    Finally, here's a link to vendrick's theme https://youtu.be/nnoZG6iCbjU

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    When does the next Return to Drangleic event start?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 06:43 AM PST

    Unpopular Souls Series Opinions

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 07:26 PM PST

    Hey all,

    Just for shits and giggles, I've compiled a list of what I consider to be "unpopular" opinions about the Dark Souls series, separated by game. As much as we all love these games, I don't think anybody will deny they've got quite a bit of bullshit in them- what this is varies from person to person. For what it's worth I've beaten every boss in every game at least once, without summons. I've only played PC versions of the games- Prepare to Die edition (not remaster), and SOTFS not vanilla DS2. I'd love to hear other's unpopular opinions as well!

    Dark Souls 1

    • This one's gonna piss a lot of people off, but the interconnected design that is so highly praised of DS1 is incredibly overrated to me. I hate not gaining the ability to warp until halfway through the game- running back and forth just wastes so much time. Even when you do get the ability to warp, it's not even to every bonfire. People seem to have the idea that this was the "original" design of the Souls series, and therefore the best (from what I can tell) but to date it's literally their ONLY game where you can't immediately warp between checkpoints once you reach them. People also seem to love the sense of "realism" it adds, which I can't begin to wrap my head around. Since when has realism ever been important to the series? You swing a hammer the size of a statue repeatedly with one hand, your naked ass avoids blades, fire and magic by rolling, soldiers stay at their post indefinitely despite the fact that there are seemingly no enemies to face until we show up- etc.

    • O&S, while an insanely memorable and challenging fight, is not the well designed masterpiece its hailed as. The first half of the bossfight pretty much revolves around tricking the AI into repeatedly trying to walk through a pillar- Ornstein teleports at the speed of light and often time this move gets very glitchy and laggy due to him getting caught on things during it- the whole thing feels incredibly glitchy and like it's teetering on the edge of crashing at any given time. There are much more intricate, well designed fights even within DS1 (Artorias, Manus) that don't rely on this video-gamey jank

    • Blighttown isn't even in the top 3 worst areas. I mean come on: Tomb of Giants, The Depths, Lost Izalith, New Londo Ruins all piss me off way more

    • Strength is lame

    • I think this system of using Estus is the best the series has ever done. Fuck finding shards

    Dark Souls 2 (I've only played SOTFS fyi)

    • Even if the level design isn't comparable, the enemy, character, weapon, armor, background, boss and world design is the best in the series (visually speaking). Forest of the Fallen Giants could be the most beautiful area in the Souls series, The Demon of Song is the craziest thing I've ever seen in my life, the Ruin Sentinels look badass, Majula is the GOAT hubworld, the lighting is incredible etc. I know this is all opinions anyway and it's just me gushing, but I feel like I never see this brought up even though it's such a standout part of DS2 for me

    • I like the overabundance of bosses. Every now and again it feels good to just wipe the ass of an easy boss on the first try without breaking a sweat, and give yourself a pat on the back

    • The Gutter is pretty unique and one of the better designed areas. It's not often you get lost in the Souls series in a non-claustrophobic way

    • The DLC is supremely overrated. Especially Crown of the Ivory King. Most of the areas in the DLC reach the level of difficulty that frustrates me, where it seems like every enemy is capable of 1 shotting me in one way or another

    Dark Souls 3

    • This is the ugliest game in the series. Sure its got the best visual fidelity, but it borrows so heavily on design inspiration from DS1 and has the drabbest, washed out, most boring gray color palette.

    • Having every boss have at least 2 phases feels very gimmicky and seems like an artificial way to stretch out the length of fights. If you're struggling on a boss (especially on a first playthrough), learning the second phases's moves can take forever, because you have trouble getting to that point consistently. Lots of bosses seem shoehorned into their second phase, often just acting more aggressive and dealing more damage/new elemental damage. I think this mechanic would've been cooler if only saved for specific bosses, such as Lords of Cinders or other tough bosses- do we really need Vordt to start acting all hyper?

    • I'm not sure if this is unpopular, but they sure ruined pyromancy by adding faith AND intelligence requirements, not to mention the MP bar. Splitting up my flasks just makes me not want to use magic in any form

    • SOTFS gets a lot of heat for having too many enemies in small spaces (deservedly) but DS3 does it just as bad. Demon Ruins is probably the best example of this but I can list others if needed

    Anyway I'm gonna try to post this in all 3 of the Souls reddits, and see how the responses vary. Be sure to let me know why my opinions are wrong!

    submitted by /u/blubberbird
    [link] [comments]

    Extremely low frame rate? [PC,SOTF]

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 12:05 PM PST

    I recently installed SOTFS on pc, and I'll admit the control scene by default is terrible with a mouse and keyboard. I managed to find myself a comfort control scheme (with double clicking disabled) and I managed to play for about 12-15 how perfectly fine without any issue. But recently my fps has just tanked to the point where it's unplayable. I was getting like 30-40 fps before (I know it's not perfect but it's decent) and now I can't seem to get past like 15 fps. I've already turned all the settings down and still no help. Last night o gave up and decided to leave it and I would do more research on it later. Today when I logged in the fps was back to a playable 40, without me having changed anything. I come back 3 hours later and suddenly the fps is so bad the game is literally unplayable again. Does anyone know why this might be happening.

    submitted by /u/Stuffssss
    [link] [comments]

    Shrine door not working?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 09:21 AM PST

    I've already gone through the game (SoTFS) once. I am on my second playthrough (pyromance build) and have collected the four great souls, but the shrine of winter's door isn't opening, is there something I'm missing?

    My soul memory is 840,000 if that helps.

    submitted by /u/starchiarchi
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished the game, some thoughts (comparison to DS3)

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 02:22 PM PST

    I've played DS2 a long time ago but stopped in the middle of the run. Recently I finished DS3 so I wanted to go back and finish the DS2 (never played DS1).

    I've managed to defeat all bosses except Sir Alonne and Lud and Zalen:
    - The Memory Of the Old Iron King area (Sir Alonne) was simply so uninteresting so that after dying few times I just did not have any interest to try him again. Yes, you can run around the mobs to get to him but it was tedious and boring so I skipped him.
    - Frigid Outskirts (Lud and Zalen) is a cool area and I really liked the design and the idea, but they should have placed a bonefire near the boss(es). The nightmare? horses spawning in the blizzard are annoying until you get a weapon that can smash them to the ground, but still it is a chore to spend 8 minutes running around just to reach the boss.

    All in all I prefer DS3 to DS2. I simply missed to more fluid combat of DS3. DS2 is more like chess and that is cool but it just makes the game so long to finish. I feel you are waiting for the enemy to take the first swing much more than in DS3. At the end of the run I was like 'please swing/stab faster ... please'.

    Also, this may sound weird, but I found the amount of weapons overwhelming and too much .. large club, great club? IMHO DS3 has a smaller weapon pool (at least it feels like that to me) but still large enough to be interesting.

    Anyway just few thoughts I wanted to get out of my head. Thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/tritiy
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy SOTFS?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 10:36 AM PST

    Thinking of getting dark souls 2 on the PS4. I've never played it before but I've played all the other soulsborne games and loved them. Should I get it? Is it worth 40$? I don't wanna waste my money if it's as bad as everyone says...

    Edit: I got it! Hope it's good...

    submitted by /u/JojoBlowstar
    [link] [comments]

    Showed you my build, pls reply

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 10:30 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/uWbgm3I Title is just a meme xD just liked how the pic came out c:

    submitted by /u/Liliththe13
    [link] [comments]

    I found the arena of The Pursuer after I killed the Last Giant

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 10:10 AM PST

    I found the arena of the pursuer, I assume it to be because messages that were placed there. got this gorgeous view from it too! https://imgur.com/a/VUxERVr

    submitted by /u/greempancake
    [link] [comments]

    Could i get a softban check? (SOTFS)

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 01:53 PM PST

    I haven't seen many signs in the last hours and I just wanted to make sure I'm not banned.

    My Sm is 1.680.400

    submitted by /u/yuqimi
    [link] [comments]

    Just got Dark Souls 2 from GameStop!

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 01:43 PM PST

    Part of my Christmas present and I have never played a Souls-Game. I feel the next year will be filled with more Rage than my Barbarian in Dungeons and Dragons

    submitted by /u/Forestxavier20
    [link] [comments]

    Itching to go through the whole game. Who's in?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 09:40 AM PST

    Is the title says, I'm itching to go through the whole game. I haven't played it much since SotFS was released.

    Anyone willing to play through the game with me? Don't want to rush, just want to play and enjoy the game.

    [PC]

    submitted by /u/abeardedprincess
    [link] [comments]

    Assistance

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 12:24 PM PST

    Could anybody give me a good dark souls 2 guide cause i am like super bad.

    submitted by /u/Jevilson
    [link] [comments]

    Players with high ping should simply be banned of multiplayer

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 11:49 AM PST

    Those lagstabs and non-collisional pokes in pvp are what makes this game unplayable. I've been playing this game long enough but unless this latency problem is solved, the multiplayer battles will always be unfair. I'm actually thinking of quitting the game at this point

    submitted by /u/tony_saufcok
    [link] [comments]

    how am I supposed to kill this?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 11:01 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/ixVNWKw there's this dragon blocking me from exploring that big building, how am I supposed to kill it?

    submitted by /u/greempancake
    [link] [comments]

    The sorcerer has started to really grow on me

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 02:50 AM PST

    I am having lots of fun since the beginning of this character and now I actually spend more time as a human rather than an ugly zombie, thus saving myself some effigies. I have gotten myself 53 intelligence and 6 slots and my 2 most powerful spells are currently soul spear and crystal soul spear. I can actually get to play with other sorceries as well since I have what it seems enough intelligence for them as well. Also, I got the bone spear from Straid for trading the skeleton lords soul, cuz I needed 4 trades to get his set. Today I decided to try it out and upgrade it. Holy hell its actually good with nice damage! Overall I'm having lots of fun!

    Just one question;should I burn another bonfire asthetic in tseldora in order to get the moonlight greatsword? I have the stats for it

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    No Mans Wharf

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 01:01 AM PST

    Hey all! I'm trying to drunkenly do this area and areas beyond. Anyone down to own some bosses?

    Steam: 1vkuura1

    submitted by /u/vkuura
    [link] [comments]

    DS4 Windows Not Working Properly

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 08:21 AM PST

    Hey guys there

    I only have the following issue on Dark Souls Saga, specially on DS2 SotFS, as that's the one I'm playing now.

    I have mapped my DS4 Windows properly, as I can play in any game, but in DSouls the mapping gets weird, as the X (cross button) doesn's seem to work like the A button on the XBox controller does.

    Is there any reason for this? And any solution?

    submitted by /u/sermungar22_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment