• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 21, 2019

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.


    /r/DarkSouls - Gather 'round the bonfire.

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 10:07 PM PST

    Welcome to the bonfire, our weekly off topic thread.

    This is a place where anyone can talk about anything unrelated to Dark Souls and get to know your fellow undead a bit better.

    Please be respectful and follow reddiquette.

    What's keeping you from going hollow these days?


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls world map bird's-eye views and layout (Imgur album)

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 12:32 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/Zevbn29

    A longer album similar to New Londo Ruins images I shared recently. Thought someone else might be interested.

    submitted by /u/max-zilla
    [link] [comments]

    Why is the Bed of Chaos so fun?

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 01:05 AM PST

    First time playing this game im lightweight af but as soon as I get stunned once by the tree I don't even have time to heal and run. Most cancerous boss I've seen.

    submitted by /u/tommyyeah420
    [link] [comments]

    Why do you need the Lord souls to fight Gwyn?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 01:53 PM PST

    I mean two of them aren't even the original lord souls. Is the door to gwyn just there to make sure that you're able to defeat the four Lords before fighting gwyn? Is it some unnessesary barrier. Obviously the real reason is for gameplay but why is it the case in universe?

    submitted by /u/DrFodwazle
    [link] [comments]

    Changes from Darksouls 1 to Darksouls 2 Gameplay wise

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 12:44 AM PST

    A friend recently bought me Darksouls 1 Remastered and i only just finished it. I've since decided i want to play through more of the series, but i noticed upon loading up Darksouls 2 that a lot of things are different such as the way Estus flasks are handled. I was wondering what exactly changed between darksouls 1 and 2 gameplay wise, i've only played a little bit of DS2 and i'd love to have a basic understanding of what has changed.

    submitted by /u/Magic_man0213
    [link] [comments]

    How Much Do Early Game Weapons Matter

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 11:38 PM PST

    I just reached the bonfire near the first Blacksmith after having some trouble getting past the part before it. I missed out on getting the Drake Sword and am currently armed with the Grass Shield and Winged Spear. I'm not sure if I should continue possibly underpowered or if I should go back and get different weapons. I'm going for a dexterity build with a shield in one hand, but in a boss battle I would switch to a two handed weapon. What should I go for in the early game?

    Also, I couldn't kill the black knight on top of the tower just before the metal pig. Is that bad and what can I change to better prepare myself?

    Thank you for reading this terribly written and convoluted post from a total noob.

    submitted by /u/7468783aA
    [link] [comments]

    The Most Honorable, Elevating Phrase I Use In My Life.

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 04:47 PM PST

    The phrase is often referenced or spoken by myself when I'm in need of some redirection concerning my corruptive cravings, or when I need a sense a motivation to keep me moving forward towards something I know is difficult, but good for me. I began using the word-- or, phrase (in my head) shortly after I heard Laurentius of the Great Swamp's spoken dialogue in my most beloved video-game, of course, Dark Souls. They are spoken to the player in Firelink Shrine at the time one is ready to depart from conversation to embark on yet another difficult trial of failure. Laurentius says: "Good-bye then. Stay safe, friend. Don't you dare go hollow." Such words spoken to me during my gaming session didn't kick off then, from the start. It was some time later when I began to recite the lines after I began to reflect deeply of their true meaning after hearing them during my first game. Those words helped import my feelings into the game, right into my character, The Chosen Undead, which is where I presume my love for the game stems from. The phrase still somewhat feels like a mystery to me and that only helps strengthen the link of faith I have towards it. I trust the phrase so deeply that I would not hesitate to choose this phrase as a final lesson of life towards the close members of my life while I lie on my death-bed. I see it as a provider of faith, of hopefulness, of truth, and of teaching. It is a great lesson to absorb into one's hollow spirit. In fact, the impact of the words will resonate much deeper for a person who's position in life is in a state of an absent soul. The phrase will always be there; they wait for me on the days I fall. I couldn't expect anything better. Even when there is nothing to be expected in the darkness of the soul.

    Feel free to share some of your own uplifting phrases that originate from Dark Souls.

    submitted by /u/Crispycris8
    [link] [comments]

    SL1 is a mystical place

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 09:32 PM PST

    i beat o&s first try but i died to pinwheel with a +5 ascended flame

    submitted by /u/Holy-Templar
    [link] [comments]

    Is this game best experienced after you’ve beaten it?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 04:25 PM PST

    Genuine question, but think about it: the first time you're exploring, discovering, dying, making stupid mistakes and for some reason you get to the end. Then on NG+ or a new character, you do it all again, this time knowing what you're doing, less frustrated and trying to challenge yourself and experience the game in a new way (different class/gift, speedrun etc) What do you think?

    submitted by /u/Kyoko_IMW
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat new game 1 and accidentally went back to prison.

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 09:17 PM PST

    unfortunately I did not know when you link the fire it auto puts you into new game +. For example DS3 asks you first if you want to start it or not. Well long story short wanted to go back and adventure after defeating gwyn and now i have to do that the long way because i touched the bonfire and i'm back at the prison. Huzzah...

    submitted by /u/HeatedBoulder
    [link] [comments]

    Best place to be summoned at level 121?

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 12:44 AM PST

    Trying to get sunlight medals and I don't feel like farming the maggots. Im on Xbox one on the remaster if that's needed info.

    submitted by /u/FrostUwU
    [link] [comments]

    Dear God I'm dreaming in dark souls

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 06:53 AM PST

    I'm only like 10 hours into the remastered edition (just rang the first bell, thanks fightingcowboy for the walkthrough) last night I woke up several times mid- death in lordran. Oh dear. I think I'm in love.

    submitted by /u/ScottyT914
    [link] [comments]

    Does Havel canonically fat roll?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 08:39 AM PST

    Title, pretty much. I'm wondering if a true cosplay should actually fat roll or not.

    submitted by /u/InauspiciousMoron
    [link] [comments]

    do we know what the city is that's overlooked by firelink?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 04:12 PM PST

    to the left of the catacombs overlooking where new londo would be there's a huge city down there with ringed walls, is that the ringed city?

    submitted by /u/jad103
    [link] [comments]

    What should I level up?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 09:20 PM PST

    Okay so is my first time playing Dark Souls 1 since I was like 10, I'm playing as a Pyromancer cus I've heard it's a nice one to start on and also pyromancy is cool, but what attributes should i increase the most? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Hypotenuse27
    [link] [comments]

    What are all the steps to joining the darkwraith covenant? (Ds1)

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 11:29 PM PST

    I haven't played darksouls in forever and I decided to pick it back up and I wanted to make a dark wrath character but I can't remeber how to go about doing that. What do I do?

    submitted by /u/SeethusTheDarkWraith
    [link] [comments]

    No NPC’s in anor londo?

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 03:05 AM PST

    I just reached anor londo and when I got to the bonfire, solaire wasn't there. I was confused because i didn't kill him. At first I thougt it was a glitch so I just moved on. A bit later when i got to the room where siegmeyer of catarina normally is he wasn't there either. Does anyone know What I did wrong?

    submitted by /u/Job_113
    [link] [comments]

    Guys I did it!

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 02:38 AM PST

    It's taken me like 55 hours and got to SL92, but I finally learned to parry Gwyn and he got smashed! Going to go for Sekiro next, then DS2, then 3! I'm a real soulsboy now!

    submitted by /u/IAmPeachy_
    [link] [comments]

    Sorry,someone help me on dark souls Switch. I need to be invoke at Orstein and Smoug for have a soul.than i can invoke .....sorry for the english

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 02:32 AM PST

    Anyone play dsr on the switch?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 10:44 PM PST

    Looking for some coop or pvp. Typically play around sl50.

    submitted by /u/Hellexual
    [link] [comments]

    The thrill of victory lasts about 15 minutes

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 03:55 PM PST

    That's not much of a payoff for getting my ass kicked by the Stray Demon for the last hour.

    submitted by /u/Shearer_Carnage
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Dark Souls for the first time!

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 10:34 PM PST

    I am happy but it's a bittersweet.

    I had so much fun playing this game and being in this world and now it's over.

    Fighting Gwynn was depressing. Amazing music and I opened up with a parry and honestly felt bad. I felt like I was fighting a washed up, broken old man that used to be a badass.

    To the person that invaded me before I fought Gwynn" thank you". That was incredible timing and we had a great fight. I still won but it was good haha.

    I need to learn the lore for this game.

    If only there were more games to the series or a new play through huh? Haha

    submitted by /u/Stompin14
    [link] [comments]

    Can you keep your boss souls into NG+?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 04:59 PM PST

    I want to eventually get all the weapons for the Knight's Honor Steam Achievement. But I am near Lord Gywn and kinda wanna wrap this playthrough up and go for it next time in NG+. Do I have to upgrade all my weapons before beating Gywn or will I have the chance to do this in NG+?

    submitted by /u/LoveHerMore
    [link] [comments]

    Why is the Dark Souls series so great?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 08:45 AM PST

    Seriously, I have hundrets of hours in DS1, DS2, Scholar of the First Sin and DS3.

    I have seriously no idea how I racked up such high numbers of playtimes.

    It's as if time itself is falling appart as soon as I fire up a Dark Souls game.

    Sometimes I don't even play and just experiment with the fashion, it's crazy good and tons of fun!

    submitted by /u/StraightOuttaOlaphis
    [link] [comments]

    Why does gwyn fight you at the end of dark souls?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 05:24 PM PST

    From what I know, he wanted to keep the age of fire going, and as the chosen undead aren't you also supposed to link the fire? Why would he try to kill you if both of you have the same goal? I haven't played dark souls only dark souls 3 but I know most of the lore for the other games, but now that I think of it that kind of confused me. Can someone explain?

    submitted by /u/Jasonpowerz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment