• Breaking News

    Friday, December 20, 2019

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 10:10 PM PST

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    "I'm the MASTER of falling (safely down this well!)" - Famous Last Words

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 10:06 AM PST

    Did it

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 05:30 AM PST

    Out of all the soulsborne, this took me the longest at 30 hours due to triggering motion sickness, getting constantly lost and being clueless about what to do. But had the coolest fashion besides BB.

    I just feel like I lost a lot, can someone clarify for me?

    I got 3 giant souls but...what's their purpose?

    I finished the gamr with lightning rapier and fire kumo, as a quality build, could I have any other better option?

    Levelling AGL was dumb but enjoyable, somewhat.

    Where's the dlcs located tho? Like I said, I couldnt figure out a damn nor do any npc quests properly.

    I am contemplating a respec for NG+, can someone guide me about this please.

    submitted by /u/Sigma-Boi
    [link] [comments]

    So..i looked a bit more into the ivory king's lore

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 05:00 AM PST

    And i gotta say...I actually cant express how i feel.I dont get emotional easy but his backstory and everything he did easily brought tears into my eyes,tears of happiness and sadness.Lemme sum up realy quick

    He was a king who put his people over him,he was always the first to lift a sword when it was needed

    He took in a child of the dark,a fragment that represented Manus' fears,and not only took care of her,actually turned her good

    When the Chaos and the gates of hell were threatening his kingdom,he buit his throne on top of the gates of hell just so he can be the first line of defence

    He gave hope and new meaning to Aslanna's life

    He sacrificed his own soul for the greater good

    i dont know if im missing anything,do correct me if i do

    But,overall,he is probably the most badass king,not only for the soul series but in gaming history in general,at least for me and nothing will make me change my mind.Dark Souls 2,i tip my hat to you and your majestic lore

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    I just realized the actual Ancient Dragon is dead. Everything is Aldia's plan.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 03:24 PM PST

    When i read the Ancient Dragon Soul (in the dead ancient dragon soul body in a memory, i can't believe I've never noticed this fact...) And the Drakekeeper Set Descriptions, and Nashandra's quote about the Ancient Dragon, i learned that Aldia used the giant souls to replicate the Ancient Dragon, and used dark magic to control the Drakekeepers and the Wyverns in the aerie, that means that the ancient dragon that rised the Emerald Herald was actually controlled by aldia, she is likely one of his creations. that means that all that's happening is Aldia's plan. Aldia they call it... Aizen is more likely.

    submitted by /u/LioMurasaki
    [link] [comments]

    I need help

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 10:49 AM PST

    So I have been playing DS2 with my friend for about 2 hours (he summoned me). We took a break and when I returned he was not able to see my summon sign anywhere. He could see others tho. I tried to figure out what was the problem but no luck. I think I might have a soft-ban on me but why? I heard if you alt+F4 you get banned. Thats the only thing I did. I dont have any cheats. I told my friend to alt+F4 as well but he still cant see me. Any advice on what I can do to fix this problem?

    EDIT: If I am soft-banned how do I get out of it? or how can I drag my friend into it so we can play together?

    submitted by /u/CoolToole45
    [link] [comments]

    I'm interested in ds2 and in one weapon in preticular

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 12:18 PM PST

    I have never played or touched the game,but there is this twin,darth maul styles sword...liek on one handle two directions

    What's its name? I want to find it and make it mine,it just looks so cool to me.

    submitted by /u/Mr-kabuk
    [link] [comments]

    looking for someone to play the game with

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 12:12 PM PST

    Hi, I'd like to play through the main 'campaign' of the game with someone. I don't really know how multiplayer works. Can we form a group and adventure together easily?

    submitted by /u/Bread11193
    [link] [comments]

    Does the original DS2 PC still have the 60 fps accelerated weapon degradation issue?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 12:03 PM PST

    I'd rather get the original version than SOTFS, but I read that there was a longstanding issue with weapons breaking down faster because they could not account for the increased frame rate of the PC version.

    Was this ever patched in the original PC version, or do I have absolutely have to play SOTFS if I want to avoid said issue?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/masa2009
    [link] [comments]

    Hey i started playing ds2 today i used an effigy but dont see signs whats the problem??

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 10:07 AM PST

    is the dlc free in ds2 sotfs ?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 06:03 AM PST

    Story: "The Sword and the Pledge"

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 08:19 AM PST

    I've kind of had the idea of the story of the Ivory King being kind of an Arthurian cycle of tales--beginning as a knight of Forossa, discovering the threat of Chaos, assembling an army to travel north to defeat that threat, founding the city of Eleum Loyce, the subsequent decades of rule (implied in that the High Priestesses had time for the custom of passing down the eye to be established), and then the final tragic fall.

    So here's the second fanfic in this "Ivory Cycle," featuring the crafting of a weapon, some development on hypothetical Forossan lore and culture, and the Ivory King being a dork about marriage proposals.

    The Sword and the Pledge

    submitted by /u/DezoPenguin
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 has some of the best lore i've ever seen in games and you can't change my mind

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 03:05 PM PST

    Fight me

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone want to come for some coop? Just slaughtered the Demon of Song and want to see how far I can get tonight.

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 02:13 PM PST

    Playing on steam, feel free to send me a pm! I have yet to beat this game, last closest I came was finding a certain person aimlessly wandering around carrying a sword.

    submitted by /u/_Acadias
    [link] [comments]

    PC SM: 1031563 need help at crumbled ruins bonfire

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 06:11 AM PST

    Not sure if this is the right place to ask for help but im gonna try anyway.

    Anyone wanna join me at crumbled ruins bonfire and help me proceed? This area is so annoying.

    Much appreciated. :)

    submitted by /u/lythel1
    [link] [comments]

    I beat my the axes only challenge run in 10:48:18

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 12:03 PM PST

    This is the first challenge run that I actually completed. Yesterday I made a post asking about other axe/greataxe weapons and people suggested the butcher knife. I ended the game with 12 dragon bones so I couldn't max it out, instead I just used the hand axe at the start of the game then transferred to the bandit axe for the rest of the game. I also didn't summon any npcs/phantoms for help. I'm pretty happy about this but I know its not much compared to other challenges like a no hit run. I just wanted to share my achievement :)

    https://imgur.com/a/VaYv9Io

    submitted by /u/Memeclipse
    [link] [comments]

    If Alsanna being Dark corrupted the Ivory King by merely being in his presence, then why is there a dispute over Dark's true nature? This means it's bad, right?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 11:35 AM PST

    looking foor cooperation

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 11:27 AM PST

    im currently on my first playthrough, rocking a mage build. got the clue how to gain the old moonlight greatsword. now i need help to defeat that double headed spider.... im sl 130

    submitted by /u/MrDopestar4201
    [link] [comments]

    Some bits of lore that were changed in translation.

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 02:17 AM PST

    Original enemy name - Japanese more literal translation by Wotn. My thoughts.

    What do you think, find something interesting?

    Huntsman's Copse - Hunting Woods and Undead Huntsman - Undead hunter. So this location was used to hunt undeads.

    Undead Laborer - Hollow prisoner. After all, they drop prisoner's set and "For when the Undead dies, it is never truly dead, but only one step closer to Hollowing. Not all Undead are Hollows, but all Hollows were once Undead." - Emerald Herald

    Hammersmith (Undead Steelworker) - Hammer-bearer or Hammerer. There aren't any smithies in Earthen Peak.

    Masked Manikin - Masked Puppet. They were made by Mytha and some sort of golems or dolls. By the way, they had to have heads, but because of potential copyright problems, heads were removed.

    Entity of Avarice (Mimic) - Greedy one.

    Darksucker - Black Eater. It doesn't have any relations with Darkness, Abyss, etc. They just eat oil.

    Forrest Grotesque - Eldritch forest thing. In other words a forest monster.

    Lion Clan Warrior - Lion warrior. And Lion means race, like Warrior of lion race.

    Roaming Soul - Wandering Spirit - Just a little polishing, souls in DS have much bigger importance and shouldn't be used as a synonym.

    Hollow Primal Knight - Beastman Knight. Who would have thought, that they are not hollow Vendrock's first knights?

    Ducal Spider - Duke's spider + [The Duke's Dear Freja](The Duke's Dear Freja) - could be either The Duke Freydia or The Duke's Freydia. So the duke might become a spider, like Pisacas in DS1.

    Aldia Warlock - Prowling Magus. Aldia Warlock has the same name as the boss.

    Archdrake Pilgrim - Pilgrim from the Ancient Dragon Institution. It might be a reference to Vinheim Dragon School in DS1 or Sinh, the Slumbering Dragon in Shulva.

    Undead Crypt Knight - Knight of the Undead Crypt. Not a crypt knight who's undead, but a knight of the undead crypt.

    Dark Priestess - Hollow priest(ess). Not like "fallen angel", a pure being succumbed to darkness way.

    Drakekeeper - Dragon guardians

    submitted by /u/Bege151
    [link] [comments]

    I’m starting off my dark souls journey by playin ds2 and it’s on the way to my home,any suggestions on how to start my game right?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 06:01 AM PST

    Best sword in the game?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 07:45 AM PST

    What is the best one handed sword? Currently I'm fighting velstadt and I have a +10 fire longsword.

    submitted by /u/acevixius
    [link] [comments]

    Should I play Dark souls 2 sotfs or Dark souls 3?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 11:20 PM PST

    You guys probably get this all the time so it must be annoying by now, but I honestly can not decide. I've beaten demons souls and dark souls1, but don't know where to go from there. Ill admit im swaying towards ds3 more but thats mainly because I've heard such negative things about the second instalment. is it worth playing before I go to ds3? or should I just skip it?

    submitted by /u/silentstealth1
    [link] [comments]

    Shield blocking is fucked

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 02:24 AM PST

    Why am I taking damage when I'm holding my shield up to an enemy, arrows hit the shield and give me damage as well as dogs and some npc's,can anyone help with this?

    submitted by /u/Maodivided05
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment