• Breaking News

    Friday, December 20, 2019

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 10:09 PM PST

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Have you ever wondered what estus tastes like?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 09:14 PM PST

    Imagine having a giant wolf and still getting fucking rekt

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 02:09 PM PST

    This post was made by Manus gang

    submitted by /u/El_LordDarvid
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Remastered not honoring the 50% off deal for owning previous Steam version?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 05:54 PM PST

    Hi! I'm new here but I was just browsing the Steam Winter Sale and thought I'd finally pick up Dark Souls Remastered for the $4 it usually goes for during big sales (cause I own the old version they abandoned). I haven't picked it up yet due to having already played through it all and I didn't want to waste the money, but a friend of mine just got into it and wanted to play together, so I thought why not, it should be like $4 for me anyway, but alas it isn't anymore, at least not on my end. Did they stop doing that "double" sale thing that's been going on for so long for legacy owners on Steam or is it just a bug on my end? Just curious, $20 still seems too steep for me honestly. Anyway, thanks for any time spent on this post, hope you all have a good one.

    submitted by /u/PorkyChoppu
    [link] [comments]

    I couldn’t kill Gwyn

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 01:45 PM PST

     I don't no why, I just couldn't do it. I died to him more than any other boss easily, and it was externally frustrating. Luckily, the run up to Gwyn has 5 black knights who reappear after being killed. These are the only black knights in the game who do this. The knights have (and correct me if I'm wrong) a 20 percent chance to drop their main weapon, a 5 percent chance to drop their shield, and a one hundred percent chance to drop a chunk. The first black knight has a black knight sword, and drops a regular titanite chunk. The second wields a black knight great sword, and drops a red titanite chunk. The third, the same as the first. The fourth has a black knight great axe and a white titanite chunk, and finally, the fifth and final black knight has a black knight halberd and drops a blue titanite chunk. Now because I died to Gwyn so much, I often found myself wanting to run past the knights, but I decided that I was going to profit off of my failure. I have now collected a large inventory of black knight supplies, and hopefully this gives you an idea of how many times I died. (Keep in mind, I only had a black knight sword and halberd, as well as only a couple of chunks) I now have 

    Chunks:

    99 titanite chunks (the limit)

    74 red titanite chunks

    47 white titanite chunks

    53 white titanite chunks

    Weapons:

    23 black knight swords

    16 black knight great swords

    5 black knight great axes

    11 black knight halberds

    And lastly 21 black knight shields

    Welp, I'm off to go give away some of my supply!

    (Edit: word)

    (Edit 2: I beat him already, soul level 70 with +5 black knight halberd found early in the game, no i didn't parry, tho I parried all the black knight leading up to him every time which is ironic. Also I was naked for fast rolls, with only the Catarina helm cause I wanted to be an onion bro)

    submitted by /u/JAZthebeast11
    [link] [comments]

    My Dark Souls Journey

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 11:05 PM PST

    Hi all

    I just wanted to share my Dark Souls Journey and Memorable moments during my playthrough. This post would probably be a bit long but I feel it might help new players out. Spoilers ahead.

    The first I heard of Dark Souls was in 2014 when it was a free game with the Games with Gold promotion on the Xbox360, I gave it a go, got past the tutorial but as soon as I arrived in Lordran I found the game too intimidating, difficult and confusing, I might have put a few levels into resistance, the stats system didn't make sense to me that time. I was young and immature back then. I gave it another go in 2015 and got to the Taurus demon but I got stuck and I just couldn't get into it. I played a lot of COD, Halo, The Witcher 1 & 2 back then.

    Over the years I would hear snippets about the Souls Bourne Franchise on YouTube videos about it being a difficult game it was seen as a respected gamer if you are able to complete the game.

    Well in 2019 I gave it another go. I was going through a tough time in my life and needed something to keep me focused, so I downloaded it again with a bunch of other games for a unique experience. I did do a little research on reddit and the internet before choosing my build and ended up going with the Knight and put my stats in Vitality, Strength and endurance. I picked the Tiny being ring for its Health Regen effect lol… It was a bit disappointing when the health didn't regen lol.. I told myself I was only going to go as far as to beat the Taurus Demon and quit.. I was wrong! the satisfaction from beating that Taurus Demon the first time felt so good. It took me a few tries but what I did was climb to the top of the tower, gold pine dusted my battle axe and hit him from above then bringing down the rest of his heath was how I beat him.

    Then I decided I would just ring the first bell and then quit... Again I was wrong. The rush I got from defeating not one but two of those gargoyles, at first I was like WTF how I am suppose to do that but after a bit of trial and error and a few tips from the internet I found that I could roll better by just wearing the platelegs. By then I was using the Drake Sword, I was thinking Wow I hit the jackpot with the sword!

    By then I realized I've gotten so far, I might as well ring the second bell. I left my character to chill at firelink shrine while I went to the bathroom… Then my 4 year old daughter picks up the controller and attacks the Crestfallen Warrior. I came back out screaming "arghhhh!" Unfortunately, I had to put him down so I could rest the Firelink Shrine. He was a challenge for me through and I felt bad about killing him, if only I could apologize to him.

    I didn't think I would ever find a worthy replacement to the Drake Sword. Eventually I discovered the Zweihander, or what I called the "pancake maker" because on how it pancakes enemies to the floor. So I would eventually defeat Quelaag (taking me a couple hours of trial and error) ringing the second bell pancaking any enemies in my path. I would also use the Claymore and Lightening spear for their unique move sets which were advantageous. I also leveled my faith to 12 so I could use the Heal Miracle to save Estus flasks when exploring. I Also used firebombs a lot because they were cheap and did good damage early game. I managed to smoke Havel out of his lair and firebomb him whenever he would run away, I played chicken with him. I also wore mask of the child and leveled up my black leather armor because I wanted to have strong armour but also be able to roll around.

    And then I got to Anor Londo. Those 2 ducking silver knight on the ledge! Arghh! I got through the knight blocking the ledge by pancaking him with my zwei, that part was more frustrating than all the other boss fights I had previously combined! Then I got to Ornstein and Smough..

    I didn't realize this would be a very long post typing this but it feels cathartic getting this all out. I will post a part 2 later as there is still many more adventures I want to share, especially when I joined the covenant of Alvina and other weapon builds I used to help get me through the game.

    submitted by /u/Undeadwitcher
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Age of Fire Good For Gods? (Spoilers)

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 01:03 AM PST

    As we all know, after the Chosen Undead links the bonfire, the Age of Fire resumes, but we have already killed the corrupted Lords and their servants at this point. Anor Londo still remains unruled, there are no mentions of other Gods outside Lordran, and there is still no Sun. I know that there are no good or bad endings and Age of Dark means the end of reign of the gods and the beginning of the age of humans, which is itself another question because how can the humanity survive without light? Also does the Undead curse continue during Age of Dark? I know there are so many questions but these puzzled me after finishing the first game. I don't know whether the sequels answer these questions or not so please put in spoilers if they do so.

    submitted by /u/iwanthidan
    [link] [comments]

    So I was playing dark souls today

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 08:35 PM PST

    I some how made it to Vamos without a divine weapon. I some how died to pinwheel. Got out of the catacombs. Went to kill quelagg and did it first try. I got good in the span of 30 minutes. Wow

    submitted by /u/BonelessYEET69
    [link] [comments]

    I wasnt aware that linking the fire instantly started new game plus, I never ended up killing manus in the dlc

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 11:41 PM PST

    My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

    submitted by /u/TheShyGuyGuy
    [link] [comments]

    This guy made fire kepper character customization tutorial in code vein

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 12:09 PM PST

    Help a newbie out please (technical stuff)

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 10:25 AM PST

    First off, hello, i'm new to this subreddit and Dark Souls too (dragon after Taurus demon new). I got a lot of loot i wanna use but first, i have one question: Can somebody please explain to me what each stat symbol on weapons and armor means? I can't figure it out.

    submitted by /u/Elcotonex
    [link] [comments]

    Recently picked up DSR on PC. Is it necessary to mod in an anti cheat like it is in PTD?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 09:28 PM PST

    I remember having to mod in anti cheat into the prepare to die edition because of the prevalent hacking. Is this still a thing with Remastered. Don't want to risk getting a save corrupted because of some asshat.

    submitted by /u/MontyJunesong
    [link] [comments]

    How active is PS4 remastered?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 08:53 PM PST

    Thinking of doing another playthrough filled with coop and invasions. Not sure if I should do another playthrough of DS1 or do another of DS3 on PS4 if that's more active.

    submitted by /u/Crispy_Ashen_One
    [link] [comments]

    Whats a good build for a semi-first time play through, my friend suggested a havel-ish build str/vit/end

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 12:25 AM PST

    Ok so ive played the whole game before, but it was like 2012 2013 so I'm basically playing it for the first time again and I want suggestions on builds

    submitted by /u/Luc1_F0x
    [link] [comments]

    Need a good fellows assistance

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 03:43 AM PST

    So, ive been stuck on ornstein and his angry friend smough for some time now (1,5 years). Died 150 Times atleast. I really would appriciate help... Dark souls 360 version (playing on one),.

    lvl 48 first play through

    submitted by /u/simpolainen
    [link] [comments]

    What to play after DS1?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 03:31 AM PST

    I'm having fun with DS1 atm, and when I finish it I want more SoulsBorne by From's. I can play literally every other game (even Demon's Souls, I have a PS3) so what next? I don't necessarily mean lore-wise (though I love the lore) but so I can get the most out of each game.

    I was thinking Bloodborne since it looks quite different and I heard it's the best one.

    I've also looked at Demon's Souls and from what I've seen it appeals to me as well.

    I know that DS2 is the worst one to most skeletons, but there's still some stuff that I like (your health bar goes down when you die, Majula looks gorgeous) so I still might check it out. Would it be better going into it knowing that it's not Miyazaki's game and disconnected from the rest?

    submitted by /u/Kyoko_IMW
    [link] [comments]

    My first Dark Souls game. DS3 or DSR?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 02:29 PM PST

    Completely new to Dark Souls franchise however I really want to give it a shot. Lore is very important for me. My top contenders are Dark Souls 3 and Remastered. Any suggestions for a completely new player?

    submitted by /u/uToxicCake
    [link] [comments]

    How can you articulate why shortcuts are better than fast travel?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 05:37 PM PST

    The short cuts in Dark Souls (especially in 1) are so gratifying to use, but I struggle to find the words to explain why I think it's fine to have them and not just have fast travel instead (before the mid-point, I mean).

    Let's say hypothetically, someone insisted that the shortcuts were pointless and fast travel would be objectively better, how would you go about defending DS1's system?

    submitted by /u/-Sawnderz-
    [link] [comments]

    NEED HELP! So i’m level 52 after collecting lord vessel and...

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 07:08 PM PST

    went to the tomb of giants boss fight and scaleless seith. And literally all the enemies take forever to kill / deal a suspicious amount of large damage. Died to both bosses. Currently using standard greatsword i found and upgraded it to divine +1 and my build revolves around health/strength/dex. Why do i feel so underpowered? it's starting to feel boring a bit. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/HeatedBoulder
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Barbed Sword good for PVE?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2019 12:55 AM PST

    Kirk dropped it yesterday in the Depths and want to use it but i'm not sure if it is good enough for PVE

    submitted by /u/Hellkait
    [link] [comments]

    Is it normal to kindle the firelink bonfire to 20 estus flasks for four kings?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 02:12 PM PST

    I don't want to cheese

    submitted by /u/AmoebaInYoFace
    [link] [comments]

    Backstabbing: light vs heavy weapon

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 01:10 PM PST

    Is there a smaller window for backstabbing with a heavy weapon like the claymore compared to, say, a short sword, or does it not matter?

    submitted by /u/NoLimitWraith
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing Dark Souls (1). Looking for advice for an authentic first experience.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 11:55 AM PST

    So with the college semester nearly done and winter break upon me, I decided that it's finally time I start the Dark Souls trilogy. I did play Demon Souls years ago, so I'm not completely unfamiliar with the series.

    In any rpg/action RPG, I always choose Magic/Sorcerer classes and builds and I was thinking of doing the same for Dark Souls. However, I've seen some people suggest not to go Magic for the first play-through. And the reasoning is that magic builds would require a lot of looking up. I want the genuine first-time experience and I promised myself that I will not look at any guides for builds etc.

    So, taking into account all of this, what do you guys recommend? Should I still go Sorcerer? If not, what other starting class would you advice? Is there any other advice that you guys can offer to a first time player so that I don't make some irreversible mistakes since I won't be looking up guides?

    submitted by /u/MeRollsta
    [link] [comments]

    Are katana's any good?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 05:07 PM PST

    I just started my 2nd playthrough and i want to try something different. I'm going dex and I'm wondering if katana's would be fun to use without getting rekt. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/dicku999
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment