• Breaking News

    Friday, December 13, 2019

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 10:10 PM PST

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat Dark Souls 2!

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 08:52 AM PST

    "Here I sit upon my desolate throne, eager to shed the woes of this most onerous journey, yet I fear no respite shall come."

    https://i.imgur.com/bnHNTcD.png

    On a bit of a high right now and had to tell someone. What a wonderful game this is! Personal highlights include the entire Dragon Aerie zone, the Fume Knight, Drangleic Castle, and so many more. Lesser moments include the Royal Rat Jerkface and the run back to the Gank Squad fight. I was a little disappointed in the final boss but I think that may have been due to me being overleveled, topping out at SL169. I was really disappointed my dude Bashful Ray wasn't available for the final fight but that's Ray for you.

    Also special shout out to all the skeletons on this sub for always being so helpful and positive!

    submitted by /u/Amygdalan_username
    [link] [comments]

    Faraam knight cosplay!!

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 07:55 PM PST

    Edit : So got recommended to post this here as well

    Hey guys! I'm new to this whole redit thing but I would love to share a picture of my Faraam cosplay. This is my first Dark souls armor and the second armor I've ever made. I'm happy how it turned out but I learned a lot while making this so would love to remake the armor at some point. Being a fairly short girl it's hard to make armors without looking like a dwarf at the same time xD

    My Faraam knight Cosplay

    submitted by /u/Dovahcrafts
    [link] [comments]

    Update to: About to lose my mind. Please Help. Or, what weapon should I be using for the DLC?

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 08:06 AM PST

    TL;DR - After much needless struggle, I increased my ADP and quickly dispatched with Blueberry and Fume Knight.

    I wanted to update everyone on my predicament. I was stuck on Blueberry Smelter Demon and seeing no light at the end of the tunnel. At the suggestion of you fine folk I did a check of ADP, it was at 10 and my AGL was at 80. When I first planned out my build, I remember reading somewhere (I'm pretty sure it was a YouTube comment) that ADP wasn't important. Boy was that wrong.

    After going a few rounds against Giant Lord for some quick souls, I was able to raise my AGL up to 110. Immediately I could feel the difference. For the first time all game everything felt right. See, the first souls game I played was Bloodborne. Loved it. An absolute masterpiece. From there I wanted to play the others in order so I jumped into Demon's Souls. It was so clunky compared to the fluid action of BB that I was initially frustrated, but as I learned the value of patience and a good parry I came to appreciate DS almost as much as BB. Next up, Dark Souls. Having learned how to progress cautiously (shield up, poke poke) DS1 felt familiar, but better, as the mechanics were a clear step up from DS. And of course, once I found the Zwei I fell in love and went full Giant Dad rolling over everything in my path right up through the DLC content.

    Then I popped in DS2. I was impressed visually but something just seemed off. Things felt more difficult, especially the bosses, but not in that old, Soulsborne, tough but fair kind of way. It felt like a backwards step. It was like they had dialed me back to pre-DS1 mechanics but bumped all my enemies up to 11 in speed and strength. Me, being an idiot, thought it was just a bad design choice meant to give the game added difficulty. I had read that magic made things easy, but I thought "eh that's for the weak and I like melee better anyway." So, as a purely melee character, every boss fight that consisted of a good old fashioned duel (dodge roll, butt stab etc.), which is a lot of DS2 boss fights, felt like banging my head against a brick wall. But for whatever reason, Smelter Demon was the worst. He must have taken me a hundred tries. I hated him so much. Imagine my dismay when I fought my way through another nightmare run up to a new boss only discover it was the same boss, just blue. My heart fell as I realized it was about to happen all over again.

    Cut to months later, I've finally realized what an idiot I am and I'm ready to try again with my new 110 AGL. I'm on the couch. My dog is beside me. She's sleeping. My wife is at her desk behind me. She's studying for a physics exam. I had long since farmed the run up to Blueberry into a desolate wasteland so I head straight for him. I enter the arena. The familiar fear sets in. I had been told to take a magic shield. I didn't. In my excitement to see what the fight felt like now that I could properly roll and chug I had forgotten about that. I curse my stupidity but continue the fight anyway intending to test my limits. I'm power stancing with mace and craftsman's hammer. The damage is good. My rolls? Near perfect. I felt like Rock Lee when he drops those weights. This is what a souls game is supposed to feel like. I still die, but I took him down to within an inch or two of his health bar. I whisper, "I've got you now b****."

    My wife pops her head up, "what?"

    "Nothing honey."

    I decided to try it again right away, thinking I can do this shield or no shield now. On my second try, I do it. I actually do it. For a moment I'm in disbelief. Then (and I'm not proud of this part), I jump up off the couch shouting a string of expletives at the now deceased Blueberry, cursing him for all the pain he's put me through. My poor dog is so startled she runs off to hide in our bedroom. My wife who had requested quiet as she studied is not happy. She says she's never seen me act like that before and she doesn't want to again. She tells me to go apologize to the dog, which I do lol. I apologize to my wife too and try to tell her about the months of struggle. She doesn't understand. She can't. Only a fellow souls player can truly understand the euphoria of that beautiful moment when I knew I'd never have to look at that stupid blue face again.

    After that I gave Fume Knight a whirl. Got him after half a dozen or so tries. So now it's on to Sir Alonne and the final DLC. If anyone's curious about my weapon choice, I took out Fume Knight with power stanced dual Greatswords. That was pretty fun. I'm going to try King's Ultra Greatsword too. It looks like it will pancake my foes and I've been missing that since leaving my beloved Zwei behind in DS1. I do have Zwei in DS2 as well but by the time I got it I had already upgraded my Greatsword and it was working alright so I just stuck with it.

    Anyway, special thanks u/DezoPenguin, u/TheHittite and all the others who were so helpful. No community like the souls community. You guys rock. Praise the Sun!

    submitted by /u/SizerTheBroken
    [link] [comments]

    Which is your favorite episode of The Lost Crowns trilogy?

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 10:09 AM PST

    Mine is Crown of the Ivory King

    submitted by /u/lucky380
    [link] [comments]

    I just remembered that ages ago I started a Mundane build and recorded myself smacking Lost Sinner with the Ladle.

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 02:02 AM PST

    After giving it some thought, I hate the dark souls series.

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 06:18 PM PST

    Now hear me out. I played ds2 first, and loved it so much! Then My wife bought me dark souls, and I loved that game too. Then I came back to ds2, beat it, beat in ng+, and I'm near the end in ng+2.

    My birthday was about five months ago, and for my birthday my wife got me a couple games. Namely Deadpool. So on Sunday I said ok, ima take a break from ds2 and try one of my other games out. So I started playing Deadpool, which is a fun game I guess, more for the talkative Deadpool than any actual gameplay. But on a sour note, I beat it in less than a week without really giving it any major attention.

    Less than a week, roll credits. It was a bummer. Dark souls series has ruined me. I expected hard long drawn out levels, multiple attempts the first time, deaths galore, and an overall sense of frustration until I finally beat that level or whatever. Nope.

    Dark souls has ruined me. I'll never be able to play regular games again where you just go on offense the whole time.

    Thanks FROM. a loving customer.

    submitted by /u/02grimreaper
    [link] [comments]

    Having fun with a friend

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 01:49 PM PST

    My friend has never played through DS2, so I wanted to have a little fun with him on our play through together.

    https://www.twitch.tv/bulletinthemind/clip/SneakyCrypticFriesThisIsSparta

    submitted by /u/jonnyboy98
    [link] [comments]

    Just a little stroll

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 01:32 PM PST

    Realized that I should have worn loincloth and rags and used a great club, but I digress.

    You can do this if you have a macro/turbo controller (im using an OLD madcatz hooked to the computer) and go hog wild with blocking or 2 handing.

    submitted by /u/PPPR-CHN
    [link] [comments]

    Help or slaughter

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 01:01 PM PST

    Do people still help out or am I on a complete one man death trip ? Only just started ds2 after finishing ds3

    submitted by /u/Balor_Ldn
    [link] [comments]

    Best places to use bonfire asectic

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 12:37 PM PST

    just wondering what would be the best places to use these so i can get some more items?

    submitted by /u/jewseabooty
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls has a nack for punishing Hubris.

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 11:15 AM PST

    So I just beat Dark Souls 3 and NG+ on it as well, so I come into DS2 cocky as hell. Also because I beat this game up to NG+ 5 in 2015, haven't touched it since though. Now I'm running through areas, take down Pursuer, Last Giant and Dragonrider super fast. Get to no man's wharf, and die... And die, and die. Because I refuse to slow down and light the torches, or even use a torch. I'm slow rolling with 5 iframes because I have determined myself to be a tank, but I slip back into DS3 habits when things get sticky but my rolls suck and I die.

    I lost 5000 souls, then 9000 souls. Which for early game is about 6 levels. All because I refused to slow down and relearn an area I haven't explored in 4 years, and because I didn't want to compromise my 100% block shield for a torch.

    Point of the story is, unless you're a speed runner pro, respect the game, the "weak" enemies and the areas. Also, if an enemy repeatedly kills you but leaves you alone if you have a torch... Use a torch. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

    submitted by /u/pussipussy
    [link] [comments]

    Invading?

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 11:11 AM PST

    Hello fellow hollows , so I've been been looking for a place to invade someone so that I could join the covenant and get the trophy . But so far I have no idea where or how to invade another world...do I just use the eye thingies or..

    submitted by /u/FreakyGhast
    [link] [comments]

    What are all the ??? Areas?

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 08:55 AM PST

    I just got to the mirror knight and I went to go level up but when I was going back to drangleic castle I saw all these ??? Areas

    submitted by /u/kaz201325
    [link] [comments]

    Surprise! Lore update

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 08:11 PM PST

    Lore update for the Giant King: in his fight he is continually saying I did not hit her. In the last giant boss fight he says "oh hi mark"

    submitted by /u/Anonhuntr
    [link] [comments]

    All the Mutilable Bosses?

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 08:04 AM PST

    As far as i know you can:

    • The rotten: Slice his arms with vertical hits with Greatsword/Ultra Greatsword /Greataxes... Can you do it with Halberds and Reapers too?
    • Najka: Slice her Tails, with Any slice weapon, i think, i don't know about daggers.
    • Sith: Cut down his tail, just to piss him off and make him fly more, just for the lulz and to remember him how he got mutilated years ago to get a Sword.

    But is there any other enemy you can mutilate in any way? Even if it does nothing.

    submitted by /u/LioMurasaki
    [link] [comments]

    Your favorite, & most fun pvp build?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 10:09 PM PST

    Just beat ng+...

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 03:32 PM PST

    And I still can't have enough! I freakin love this game! Now I'll take some time before hoping to ng++, gotta do the dlcs again and maybe focus on another file

    Also.. The twin blade carried me the whole playthrough

    Anyway I love this game(even though it annoys me from time to time with some bs) and I'll definitely look forward for more!

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    Can you use a bonfire ascetic to fight Darklurker again?

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 12:23 AM PST

    Problema with the trophies!

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 11:09 PM PST

    The trophy of spells, miracles and hexes do not appear when I get all of them.

    So, im trying to get the platinum, in Ps4 Sotfs. Recently i got all the hexes and all the miracles but none of them appreared. Yesterday i earned the pyromancies trophy, but idk why is this happening.

    And yes, i've already checked if i have them all. Do i have to get the dlc spells and miracles too?

    submitted by /u/achinchillakundera
    [link] [comments]

    Best starting gift?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 09:18 PM PST

    I always go with life ring out of habit more or less, but I was wondering if there are other items better suited for a new character? Healing items definitely seems nice but I'd burn through them fast.

    submitted by /u/pussipussy
    [link] [comments]

    A weird thing happened

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 09:18 PM PST

    So I was doing the Crown of the Iron king dlc and whenever I would die to the Blue Smelter demon my health bar would decrease. Now at this point I already had all the four crowns and even got them blessed. This only happened with blue kool-aid because I was doing the Alonne boss fight simultaneously with it (I would give 5 tries to each boss fight before switching) to avoid getting bored by one fight and this never happened when I died to Alonne. Is there a reason for this happening, me getting cursed despite having all four crowns?

    submitted by /u/choosen-undead
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment